was on 80mg then went on to 40mg now on 20mg. i want to stop all together...
The half life of Propranolol is about 10 hours. This is the time it takes for the drug levels in your plasma to reduce by half.
For a drug to be totally eliminated from your system it takes around 5.5 times the half life.
As an estimate then, after taking a dose of Propranolol it should be out of your system after 55 hours ( just over 2 days).
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
I am one 10mg tablet a day for servere headaches and have been on it for a few months now, my GP said, I can just stop taking it and I'll be fine but every time I try, by day 3 of no tablets my heart is beating out of my chest and I can't slow it down, taking these pills was the worst decision of my life, honestly.
my question is can anyone help and advise on how to stop taking these god awful things?
- Propranolol Information for Consumers
- Propranolol Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Propranolol (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
Posted 25 Jun 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 3 Aug 2015 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Feb 2017 • 2 answers
Propranolol - How long does propranolol take to lower BP? I've been on 10mls twice a day for 8 days?
Posted 27 Apr 2017 • 1 answer
Posted 23 Jun 2018 • 2 answers