How long does it take for the dicyclomine to work? and does it continuously work?

PharmaGenius 14 Dec 2017

Dicyclomine should start working about 1.5-2 hours after it is administered. It is an as-needed medication and it doesn't lose effectiveness with time so yes it should keep working while you are on it.

GinaMRubdie 14 Dec 2017

Thank you. I just started it again because I went to the ER with severe abdominal pains..all xrays and CTs were ok. And everytime I eat I bloat alot no matter what I eat or even drink..and painful abdomen to touch even a minth after the ER episode. Doctor says this will help. Ive only taken 1 pill..still feel bloat amd acheyness.

Gingerbeans 4 Feb 2018

I've been taking the drug Bentyl.
It's been about 4 days, and have not seen any improvement.
Still boosted, constipated and full of gas.
Still cramping..
Has anyone experienced this problem?

Gingerbeans 4 Feb 2018

I've been taking the drug Bentyl.
Still bloated, constipated and full of gas.
Still cramping..
Has anyone experienced this problem?

GinaMRubdie 4 Feb 2018

Yes. I still get bloat once in a while. It took me at least 10 days for me to feel the full effect. My doc prescribed capsules this time around and honestly I dont think they work as good as the pills..however I havent been on these very long. But yes bentyl does work eventually!!! Check ur other medications and supplements that u take. If possible take bentyl alone.