How long does it take for ankle swelling to reduce after taking Lasix?

kaismama 19 Apr 2014

Lasix starts working fairly rapidly and you'll find you're going to the bathroom allot. The edema will decrease in a few hours and after a day or two should be almost normal. Of course a low salt diet and getting your legs elevated helps too.

Lin_Z_Rae 20 Sep 2015

It helped me almost immediately, took 9 lbs of water weight off and have not been feeling urge to get up and urinate in the night. However, keep an ample supply of bananas, Gatorade and water. You will need to replenish the electrolytes and potassium.

Lin_Z_Rae 20 Sep 2015

I just got a call from the nurse on call after being off of Lasix for 2 days and on Spironolactone instead. Which did not work. The leg swelling is back full force. With any luck I will have my refill request processed by an on call md tomorrow morning when the pharmacy opens. Gained the 9 lbs of fluid back also. Yikes! Assuming the edema is also around the heart, since technically I was dx with peripheral Edema.