Is it safe for me to take Metamucil daily for the fiber - not as a laxitive?

This from: http://www.metamucil.com/faq.php#6
"... Is it OK to use Metamucil every day?
As a dietary fiber supplement:
Metamucil can be taken every day as a dietary fiber supplement. If you are considering use of Metamucil as part of a cholesterol-lowering program, please consult a doctor before using.
As a fiber laxative:
Metamucil is indicated for treating occasional constipation. Constipation persisting beyond seven days may be a sign of a more serious condition. We recommend you discuss with your doctor the use of Metamucil as a fiber laxative on a long-term basis."

In answer to your question, yes it is ok to take Metamucil as a daily fiber supplement.