Im wanting to switch from suboxone to subutex, do I have to be in withdrawal to start the subutex?

Thor283 13 Jan 2012

No, you shouldn't have to be. However it may be a good idea to wait 24 hours from your last Suboxone dose. Don't use up all your Suboxone. Save some for an emergency. We are all different, and the same drugs effect us all differently. This is a fact. So what happened to me may not happen to you. I hope it doesn't. But if at all possible, don't use up all the Suboxone.

Why do you want to switch to Subutex, did you have a bad reaction to the Naloxone in the Subox? How much Subox were you taking and for how long? How much Subutex are you now supposed to take? And just out of curiosity, what do your Subutex pills look like? Are they white and round or oval shaped? What markings are on them? I like to know these things.

chachi09 13 Jan 2012

the subutex i have are white round and say 54 411 on them, i have taken suboxone for a year, although im glad to not be using anymore i hate suboxone, my quality of life sux, im sick all the time excruciating headaches. i just feel run down, rapid heart beat, severe weight gain. i used to run 3 miles a day, and now i dont run at all, dont enjoy it, relations with my husband have went down the tubes because im not interested. im edgy grouchy..I COULD GO ON FOR DAYS!
i take 12mg a day of suboxone... i am desperate to get out of this. or away from this feeling

Thor283 13 Jan 2012

Well I hope you feel better with this Subutex. Did your doc ever tell you that if you had gotten down to 4 - 8 mg a day of Suboxone the headaches may have stopped, and your sexual desires should have returned? Usually once the dose gets lower all that changes. People who stay on Suboxone over 1 year usually try to stay on the lowest dose possible. I see your are new to our merry little band of message people; welcome to DC. If you were never on message sites about Sub there is probably a lot you don't know about the drugs in it. It seems the average Sub doc knows very little compared to us, we who take it. I still use it because it works wonders on my depression. But we have a few members here who went off it, and 1 of them wrote up how she did it in her profile. If you want off this stuff go read how pattishan61 did it. If you want to do what she did you might be better off sticking to Suboxone. But first try the Subutex. You have them, you may as well try them.

chachi09 13 Jan 2012

thank you so much thor283 when i first got on suboxone the dr gave me subutex for 3 days, although it was the name brand i liked it much better, and many times wished that i couldve just stayed on that..i didnt know i could.
my dr has no bed side manner and doesnt even want to discuss it. so i called around and found a different dr that im going to monday. so im hoping and praying that everything works out, weather or not they decrease me or change it. i wish they would switch it..cuz if i could feel better, i think i would be able to get off of it entirely alot easy. i just feel horrible..not to mention the weight ive gained. i look in the mirror and dont even recognise myself. anyways. i wanted to thank you for being so quick to respond to me. that was awesome! thanks for your help and i will keep you posted. im not going to take the subutex til tomorrow evening. the last time i had suboxone was today around 2. so i will just wait until tomorrow to take the subutex. thanks again!

Thor283 13 Jan 2012

Hi Chachi,

You said you have had the Name Brand of Subutex, were they white oval shaped pills? I used to love them. I just added you to my list of friends. This allows you to send me a "private question", as they call it here. It's really just a private message. If you click on my name you can go to my page and you can make me a friend. If you do that then I can also send you a "pq". But first I want you to try the round Subutex. Some people think they are fine. I hope you will too. If you have a problem contact me. But I hope you won't. Don't try them before work neither, ok.

chachi09 14 Jan 2012

ok so today is the day i use the subutex... im nervous as heck! i guess im more worried about adverse reactions. ive heard so many evil stories that i psych myself out. lol! i gotta stop reading all the horror stories..shoot its both bupe so it shouldnt be no different right? start of with 2mg just to be sure right? ok..i can do this... i want to feel good again..maybe then i can ween down and be off totally im ready..years ago. about 2006 i was on suboxone..weened myself down after a year..i didi great! no scary withdraw story there it just took along time and i had to have patience..i went down to a crumb a day..then i took the crumb every two or three days. then one day..i was busy and didnt take it and i noticed it had been 4 days i was off work the next two so i layed in bed. woke up on day 7 and felt great! not 100% but good enough to go about my business... immediately my moods were better...

Thor283 14 Jan 2012

Hi Chachi,

chachi09 14 Jan 2012

thank you thor!
do you think that the subutex will wipe me out? maybe make me tired? im not going to take the whole 12mg of it today. i dont think that i ever will, if i can do fine on the 8mg i will do just that... so i wonder if in about a week i will start to feel kinda sick frm not taking suboxone? my mom always did say that i was sensitive to medications and i always had the opposite effect from them..xanax made me hyper, i slept when i dont cocaine. weird how that happens.

Thor283 14 Jan 2012

Wait a min. Why did you say you can't take Xanax? Did they tell you mixing Xanax and Sub causes instant death? That is soooo not true at all. I take Xanax, Ativan or Klonopin when the dang doc gives them to me. Benzos and Sub don't cause death. Sub is an opiate, and any opiate may call for a dose reduction when being mixed with a Benzo. Both drugs may call for a dose reduction. But not if you are used to taking both, as I am. Actually I haven't taken a Benzo without Sub in so long I might need a dose increase if I took a Benzo without Sub. IDK.

chachi09 14 Jan 2012

i definitely agree with being honest about what meds you are on in emergency situation. weather or not it was prescribed. but to answer your question yes, they made me go off of my xanax and it has been hard, but i have been off of it for a year. the dr around here are very weird about prescribing benzos idk why but they act so suspicious about it