How soon after taking wellbutrin will weight loss occur if it is going to?

colinzimmermann 3 May 2010

Wellbutrin (Buporoprion) is an NDRI antidepressant which acts in a similar way to SSRI antidepressants... Some effects are felt almost immediately whereas other can take 4-6 weeks to become apparent (the time frame for the medication to reach therapeutic level/maximum effectiveness)... The weight loss/appetite reduction effect of Wellbutrin doesn't occur at all in some people. The time frame for effects/benefits to become apparent are also based on the physiology/metabolism of the individual subject. Sorry for the roundabout answer... Hope it helps. Colin Zimmermann

oceano11 31 May 2010

It is different for everybody. For me, it served to stabilize my weight at a lower range than what it has been at a past. I noticed the difference within a month, but then again everyone is different. Remember, the weight loss is caused in part by increased activity levels and alertness so make sure to keep your level of activity up to feel the best effects.

cmk86 15 Jun 2010

I personally lost 1 pound a day for 15 days. It was crazy. Although I have not lost anymore weight