My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
How long does the average treatment with Efudex usually last from start to finish?
Question posted by Kady1 on 3 Nov 2009
Last updated on 17 November 2009 by suzanne66
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex uses and safety info
- Efudex information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.