My doctor has prescribed a ten day treatment with Efudex but I would like to know how long after before my skin looks somewhat normal again? I am using it on my forearms only.
17 Nov 2009
You will see the effect of EFUDEX on your skin in 4 phases:
* Early inflammatory phase: During the first week of application, mild inflammation occurs
* Inflammatory phase: During following weeks, redness, and swelling occur with some crusting and burning
* Tumor disintegration phase: Lesions resolve as the skin exfoliates
* Healing phase: Over 1 to 2 weeks, new skin grows into the treatment area
See www.efudex.com/index.jspf for more information.
- Efudex Information for Consumers
- Efudex Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Efudex (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
I broke out in hives over about 40% of my body after using efudex for about 7 days. The doctor said to quit using it..after 2months I still break out ...
1 answer • 29 Jun 2010
Can I wash the cream off of my hands after about 2 hours so I can do chores, etc. How long is cream actively working on my skin?
1 answer • 3 Oct 2010
... have had continued dizzy spells for most of the last 24 hours. I have a rash very close to my heart that I apply Efudex with a cotton swab to ...
1 answer • 29 May 2013
When I finish this week will I be able to start using a moisturizer on my nose to help in the healing process or does the skin need to stay dry?
1 answer • 25 Mar 2015
0 answers • 27 Feb 2016