How long does methadone stay in your system?

This question has also been asked and answered here: How long does Methadone stay in your system?

LaurieShay 24 Aug 2011

Hey captin howdy,

Depending on several factors like frequency and quantity of use and your metabolism methadone can stay in the system 5 to 7 days from last use.

Hope this helps,

Laurie

oleskool73 24 Aug 2011

depending on the dose amt,generally a life of at least 2-3wks.i've been using methadone for 5yrs.i'm currently at the low end of a slow detox{3mgs}high end was 80mgs,with a few relapses.Heroin was my drug of choice.i'll be met free by the end of next month,come hell or high water.if i can help,i'm here.

rclark231 9 Oct 2011

Do you mean how long does it hold you - or how long will it show up in urine test? If your asking how long will it hold you , as far as holding off withdrawal symptoms - the official answer is 48 hours - however from personal experience , I find it closer to 24 hours - also it depends on the type of methadone you are receiving (pills, diskettes or liquid). my clinic recently changed to a generic form of methadone called methadose - and it sucks , some days it doesn't feel like it holds me for the 24 hours (insomnia,sweating,etc.). hope this answer helps
B.