How does marijuana effect wellbutrin?

Anonymous 6 Oct 2010

I don't think it's good to smoke marijuana with any medication or with no medication, unless prescribed by your doctor for conditions sush as MS (multiple sclerosis), glaucoma, cannabis can also relieve tics in people with OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder) and Tourette syndrome, etc.-

And finally I don't think marijuana does a thing for you and may be extremely detrimental to your mental health.

Take care.-

Jandelles 6 Oct 2010

"I don't think marijuana does a thing for you"
Marijuana creates a sense of euphoria, increases appetite, and alleviates nausea, all of which are a benefit.

"may be extremely detrimental to your mental health" ... please provide evidence for this claim.

Anonymous 6 Oct 2010

I smoked pot for 20 years and I am 42 now, and I know for a fact that you gain more pain and suffering from drugs than "happy times".
As for the evidence , just tell me why is it a controlled substance dy the DEA, and worldwide and can only be used for medcinal purposes only.

Anonymous 6 Oct 2010

If this person is taking an antidepressant, tossing in an hallucinagenic might push the4m over the ledge Jandelles.

Jandelles 6 Oct 2010

There are no known interactions between wellbutrin and cannabis:
https://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=2758-0,440-203

However, this does not mean that no interactions exist and caution should always be taken when mixing drugs especially if not prescribed by your health professional.

Anonymous 6 Oct 2010

I did not give you a thumbs down by the way

DeNeese 7 Oct 2010

Wellutrin is an antidepresant, Marijuana is the opposite. Yes it will effect the effectiveness. I am living proof of what not to do. At 51 I now have to take these antidepressant meds for the rest of my life just to keep afloat.