I take 1mg of lorazepam every night before bed. Sometimes i take 1 1/2 or 2mg. What is the safest way to wean off of this drug? I have been told that it will be really tough because i have been on it for so long.
How do I wean myself off of lorazepam after taking it for 10 years?
- 1 Dec 2010 by smileschachacha
- 9 May 2018
To minimize withdrawal effects, taper the drug slowly. Here are solutions:
1. You can decrease the dose by 25% the first week, 25% the second, by 10%/week thereafter.
2. You can switch to diazepam (easier to wean). Then, taper diazepam.
3. Ask you doctor/pharmacist to develop a tapering schedule for you.
If you found this answer helpful, click the thumbs up icon.
If you didn't, message me.
I have been taking 1-2 mg of lorazepam
For a year now ,
I know it's not right,
How did you get on,
Did you seek help
- Lorazepam Information for Consumers
- Lorazepam Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Lorazepam (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.