Has anyone found that Anastrozole causes emotional volitility and/or depression?

Anonymous 30 Jan 2011

Hello

A serious side effect of this medication is depression, you must seek medical attention asap once again this is a severe side effect.-

Do not forget to contact your Dr. as soon as you are able to.-

List of side effects for future reference:

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/anastrozole-side-effects.html

I truly hope you get well soon.

All the best and take care.-

caringsonbj 31 Jan 2011

MASO is right and remember as he said don't forget to call you doctor soon~

ondrsorders 28 Jul 2011

I am a very upbeat, cheerful woman. Even when diagnosed with breast cancer, I was empowered to address the situation head on. After researching what was being proposed, I chose Anastrozole as the first step toward my healing to stop the growth of my tumor. I was told it starved the cancer. It is working. I am in my 6th month and the tumor is 1/5 or less of the original size. However, this past month, beside the thinning of my hair, I began noticing a depression from time to time for no reason. I wasn't sad about anything. I wasn't upset over anything. The work I am doing with my condition is working, albeit slowly. So there is nothing to be depressed over. In fact this condition is why I googled anastrozole and depression and found this blog. So YES. It can make you depressed. I am empowered just knowing it is the drug and NOT me. But it is a drag. I will let my doctor know the next time I see him.

tjvanrooyen01 21 Feb 2013

Short-tempered. Angered more easily and more intensely.