Fioricet - My back is hurting can I take the Fioricet for the pain?

Stephen Treloar 25 Dec 2017

Fioricet is likely to be only effective as a painkiller if the backache is caused by spasming or tight muscles. It contains Acetaminophen as the active painkiller, a barbiturate to sooth muscle contractions and caffeine to aid blood flow to the area (normally prescribed for tension headaches it is also used off-label). source, drugs.com

chuck1957 26 Dec 2017

sandra; Yes just as my friend Stephen has said, But really this is not very effective for back pain you really should wait and check with your doctor.

Porsche1955 13 Sep 2018

I have spinal stenosis and fibromyalgia. All the medicines that have been given which are tizanidine, Meloxicam, and Gabapentin would not get rid of the pain. The Butalbital-aspirin-caffeine that I take for migraine headaches (generic Fioricet) is the only thing that gives me comfort from the pain in my back. I don't know why, but it does. I am going to ask my doctor why nothing works for the pain, but this. The pain gets so bad at times that I need relief because I cannot function, sit, or stand. I am so glad that I have found something that works for me for my migraines and pain of spinal stenosis and fibromyalgia.