Will eliquis make my blood sugar higher?

kaismama 29 Dec 2013

Its not in the list of side effects.

Kknott4957 29 Jan 2018

I started eliquis 2 weeks ago and have noticed my blood sugars, fasting and otherwise, have been much higher. This is not a listed side effect but I did come across an article that said this was common in people over 60.

Hilliard999999 19 Mar 2018

I have recently switched to Eliquis and observed a substantial increase in blood glucose levels. Can you provide the reference or link to the article you mentioned. I have also read other people's observations of their glucose reading "skyrocketing".

dfunke123 24 Jun 2018

Thank you for bringing up and answering this question. I started liquid 2 months ago and couldn't figure out why my blood sugar... even fasting... was in the 200's, even tho I hadn't changed my eating habits. So I wonder if eliquis is helping one problem, but hurting
another, like most rx drugs today ?

Dooge44 19 Jul 2018

Yes. I just started due to my first AFib attack. My Blood Sugar spiked significantly within and hour of taking a 5 mg pill. My pharmacist says it does happen but should only be a temporary spike and once my body gets used to it the blood sugar will level out. I see my cardiologist tomorrow. Here’s hoping my pharmacist is right. Far better than a clot letting loose

JMESHARPE 5 days ago

Has anyone got a answer to their question about Eliquis and good sugar skyrocketing? I started on Eliquis and Cardizem about a month ago and my blood sugar reading are off the charts.