Does singulair have to be taken at night?

Rajive Goel 15 Jul 2010

Singulair

General considerations for when and how to take the drug include the following:

The medication comes in tablet form and is taken by mouth once a day (in the evening, if used for asthma), although some people take it only before exercising (for treating exercise-induced asthma).

The oral granules can be given directly in the mouth, dissolved in a teaspoonful of cold or room-temperature baby formula or breast milk, or mixed with a spoonful of cold or room-temperature soft applesauce, strained carrots, rice, or ice cream.

The medication can be taken with or without food. If it bothers your stomach, try taking it with food.

Singulair should be taken at the same time each day to maintain an even level in your blood.

For the medication to work properly, it must be taken as prescribed. It will not work if you stop taking it.

Anonymous 15 Jul 2010

The airways and breathing is controlled by brain center/nervous system. At night breathing is quieter and airway seem more relaxed. This is why cough and airway narrowing gets worse at night. Singular antiinflamatory action seems to work better at night.

marjorie zych 15 Jul 2010

Singulair doesn't have to be taken at night it can also be taken in the morning. Some people prefere it in the morning because it also can cause hyperactivity in some people, I know it did with my brother when he was younger. It also happened to someone I went to college with as well. I would suggest asking your doctor which is right for you. All answers above are good as well, marjorie zych