Why don't Doctors want to prescribe Soma anymore for a muscle relaxant?

Lakesidec 4 Oct 2016

That is because soma works, I have been taking soma350- for 5 years from my pm at 5 tabs a day.and for whatever reason he cut it down to 3 a day.he says that's what he's comfortable with now and seeing how hard a time everyone else's having getting soma i feel lucky to get that. Having said that i just had a spinal fusion and my pain mgt doesn't prescribe soma at all.get plenty of other pain meds but no soma. As a matter of fact no pain mgt dr will prescribe soma, everything else but not soma. Makes no sense because soma works so well

Misskim53 2 Feb 2017

I have been on Soma for 2 years I just had 3 fusions on my back 2 months ago and I hurt worse now then I did before surgery and the spasm are real bad soma helps it big time and. I seen another PA and be took me off Soma and have me Tizanidine and I took 4 mg tonight and it's not working.I want my Soma back because it works and I take it as prescribed.