Diazepam - How long can you store the pills after its due date?

LaurieShay 20 Jan 2013

Pharmacist say one year from fill date, but chance are they are good for another year at least.

MacIntosh12 20 Jan 2013

I agree with LaurieShay, they are probably still good. We had a member that posted an article about how medications (but not antibiotics, if I recall correctly) are good for much longer than what the expy date is on the vial. I wish I could find that post for you, yet I can't recall who the poster was.

Your pharmacist may tell you that your medication is not going to be efficacious after a certain amount of time, but I believe that is incorrect.
Big pharma does this so that we will try to get refills, therefore spending more money. 'Tis all about the dollar Green.
Best wishes to you,
Lara

pamee 20 Jan 2013

I agree with what the other members said. From my experience I have used meds long after they expired. Most medications last well over their expiration date. My hubby takes a benzo that is 4 yrs old and it still works for him.

pamee 20 Jan 2013

Forgot to mention, do not store them in a medicine cabinet where there is moisture such as the washroom, bathroom, kitchen etc..

tptmsmt 21 Jan 2013

Thank you all