Is clonazepam the same as a 1mg xanax?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Klonopin vs Xanax - How are they different?

bamamichelle78 30 Apr 2013

Xanax (alprazolam), Klonopin (clonazepam), Valium (diazepam), and Ativan (lorazepam) are all benzodiazepines. They are all in the same class and work similarly. They are all tranquilizers that act against anxiety and produce sedation.

The basic difference between these two drugs is:
Xanax tablets come in 0.25mg, 0.5mg, 1mg, and 2 mg strengths and are indicated for the relief of anxiety.
Klonpoin tablets come in 0.5 mg, 1 mg, and 2mg strengths and are indicated for the relief of panic disorder or seizures.
Milligrams are relative and are therefore unique to each drug.

The effect either of these drugs would have on you would depend on the quantity you take. Also, patients usually report that the relief provided by a single prescribed dose of Xanax can last up to four hours, and the relief provided by a single prescribed dose of Klonopin can last up to eight hours.

Hope this has helped.

Dicker410 9 Feb 2016

Xanax was a fluke and was used more in seizures than Kpin. People getting advice off a forum proves we over think to much causing anxiety

47 years of battling anxiety and no drug has helped me more than out reaching adolescents to help them in their need.
Each medication works different on all of us . Hopefully you understand this even though there are many similarities.

Tarheel13 6 Sep 2016

Xanax stops my racing thoughts and anxiety. Klonopìn also does but I have no seizure history. So why do they both help with my racing thoughts???

Anonymous 1 May 2013

1 mg's of Clonazepam is approximately equal to 1 mg's of Xanax (Alprazolam).

Take care,

masso.-

shezie 24 Dec 2014

This is wrong in fact I'm seeing this alot! And it's terrible that they all say the same thing then refer to the same chart the found on a website. These people probably never experienced these drugs and just want to feel smart by googling the answer. I can tell you from experience if your used to xanax and are changing to kpins then the 1to1 mg equivalency is incorrect. If ur used to the strong but short burst that xanax provides at 1mg then u will prob need 2mg of kpins. Now if ur the other way around and used to 1mg of kpin and switching to a faster and stronger hitting medicine like xanax u will only need .5mg of xanax . I'm not saying it's a 2to1 ratio but at the lower mg these 2 drugs work in that way the xanax is stronger cause it hits u faster and with full force as where the kpins don't per say kick in u don't get that feeling really cause they slowly ease stress over a few hours not like the 30 mins and u feel relief with the xans.

chass75 11 Jan 2015

Masso

I agree.

brecia 29 Jul 2015

I started taking clonazepam 1 milligram to help me sleep. But it is not helping. Seriquil. Nothing. What can help me sleep. I took 3 clonazepams yesterday just to sleep but was dizzy for 2 days after. Now I'm scared to take them again.

herk115 23 Sep 2015

brecia,

Try 1 - 2 tabs of Dramamine about an hour before bedtime. Works great for me and I sleep soundly all night long. It's OTC so you'll have no trouble getting it. If it works, buy the Equate generic at WalMart. Trust me, be sure you're in bed snuggled for the night within one hour of taking it, or you'll spend the night on the couch or wherever you were sitting. Hope this helps.

Str8tru6lu2 26 Nov 2015

Ask about 50 mg Hydroxinine

patricia teeter 16 Feb 2016

Corpamsand Xanax treated for the same thing

sourface 3 Mar 2016

No clonzapam is defiantly not as strong as xanax. I've been on clonzapam for years and it helps with muse relaxation also... whereas the xanax is specifically only for nerves and anxiety.

VictorR 7 Dec 2016

Klonopins f-ing rock$!

margie s 14 Apr 2016

I do not know if it is that's why I'm asking? Is 1 mg colazapam same as 1 mg xannax?

William Roberts 4 May 2016

Is clonazepam the same as kolodipins

qwerty420 25 Oct 2016

I've only done 2mg xans and the 3 mg Extended release. and I have been taking them both everyday for 6 months. and a different doctor changed me to klonopin 1 mg. 3 times a day. when I was on 6 mg of xanax. does anyone no if I'll go into withdrawals?

supernovax 29 Dec 2016

I'm no doctor or physician, but you most likely will. Going from taking 6 mgs per day of one benzodiazepine to 3 mgs per day of a different benzodiazepine is a big difference milligram wise, not to mention that they are two totally different medications. Yes, the are both in the same class of drug, but they are both composed of different chemical compounds & they both have different active & inactive ingredients. You will feel different, because Xanax gives you relief of your anxiety almost immediately & you feel the Xanax taking affect right away (except for the time-released ones of course), whereas the Klonopin is much slower acting, & lasts much longer in your body as does the Xanax. The Xanax work well for panic attacks, because a dose of it will ease the panic attack or make it stop almost immediately. Drs. nowadays rather prescribe Klonopin over Xanax, because it's a lot less habit-forming.

Pgoggans 9 days ago

I did! Big time for couple weeks then slowly got better up til about 45 days. I was in rehab about 8 days.

Rns5182 31 Dec 2016

I've been prescribed xanax and klonopin at different times in the past, and find that 1mg xanax knocks me out within minutes whereas 1mg kpins just relax me along with a slight buzz... not bad. Takes a little while to kick in but once it does it stays with you for quite some time... unlike xanax... with those the effect wears off fast and you need more... which only made me extremely tired.

SnabbenGundersen 4 Feb 2017

Yes.
The fact that people talk about everything other than what you're asking is quite disturbing due to the effect these meds have on you..
What was the question again?

chuck1957 5 Feb 2017

Hi; all what gets very confusing is someone new, Instead of writing their own post they continue to use an old thread or post this one is 4 years old plus so they end up having to read all the old and sometimes not so nice post. TRY not to use old post it causes lots of confusion. Chuck1957 also sometimes because they are old the don't always get an answer.

Amylizzy78 19 hours ago

It's 2017, are there any new threads? All I keep seeing are threads from years ago! Anyone else notice this a lot?