Can one drink alcohol moderately while taking abilify?

According to the Abilify (aripiprazole) prescription information, drinking alcohol while on Abilify is not recommended. Combining alcohol and Abilify can increase the chances and severity of several Abilify side effects. Additionally, for many people with mental illness, it is usually recommended that alcohol be avoided.

Drinking alcohol may increase your risk of certain Abilify side effects, such as drowsiness or low blood pressure (when sitting or standing up). You may also be more sensitive to the effects of alcohol if you are taking Abilify. You may not be able to safely drink as much alcohol as you were used to drinking in the past.