Can heartburn be a side effect of victoza?

Rajive Goel 16 Nov 2010

Heartburn has not been a documented side effect of taking victoza, however you must talk to the doctor who prescribed the med., take care & be well!

danmarkban 5 Dec 2010

I have been on Victoza about 4 weeks and have heartburn daily. I never suffered from it before starting Victoza. I also had nausea and headache for the first week or so, but they went away.

Rajive Goel 6 Dec 2010

Good, maybe the heartburn shall also go away with time, but would recommend that you seek medical advice if gets too bothersome.

Take care & be well!

skii 22 Nov 2010

No,maybe because your stomach is empty alot it's causing it.If your having it to the point where your have to take something constanly i would say something.Maybe you could take the over the counter 24hr pill but check with the pharmacist to make sure it doesn't conflict with your med.

Brz94 29 Aug 2016

Yes. I have also been on Victoza and taking the 1.8 dose now. I have had heartburn for about 1 week now and have never had it before. I did some research and found out that heartburn is in fact a common side effect of taking Victoza. Hope this helps

More common:
Abdominal or stomach cramps, discomfort, or pain
acid or sour stomach
back pain
belching
body aches or pain
constipation
decreased appetite
heartburn
indigestion
loss of voice
pain or tenderness around the eyes and cheekbones
sneezing
stuffy nose
swollen mouth and tongue
unpleasant taste
urge to have bowel movement

Nerrante 18 Jan 2017

Heartburn is a very common side effect of Victoza (liraglutide). It is also dose related in that the higher the dose the more likely it will occur and the more severe. If this medication is working for you talk to your Healthcare provider about ways to treat the heartburn. If it is not a beneficial treatment then you may need to discontinue and find a treatment that works better for you.