When is the best time of day to take flonase?

Anonymous 21 Oct 2012

How should I use Flonase?

"Use Flonase exactly as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use in larger or smaller amounts or for longer than recommended. Follow the directions on your prescription label.

Flonase comes with patient instructions for safe and effective use. Follow these directions carefully. Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you have any questions.

Before using the spray for the first time, you must prime the spray pump. Shake the medicine well and spray 6 test sprays into the air and away from your face. Prime the spray pump any time you have not used your nasal spray for longer than 30 days, or if you have left the cap off for 5 days or longer. Spray until a fine mist appears.

If you have switched to Flonase from using any other steroid medication, do not stop using the other medicine without first talking to your doctor. You may need to use less and less before you stop using the other medicine completely.

The usual dose of Flonase is 1 to 2 sprays into each nostril once per day. Your doctor may change your dose after your symptoms improve.

Shake the medicine bottle well just before each use.

It may take up to several days before your symptoms improve. Keep using the medication as directed and tell your doctor if your symptoms do not improve after a week of treatment.

Flonase can lower blood cells that help your body fight infections. Tell your doctor at once if you develop signs of infection.

To be sure this medication is not causing harmful effects on your nose or sinuses, your doctor will need to check your progress on a regular basis. Do not miss any scheduled appointments.

Store Flonase in an upright position at room temperature, away from moisture and heat. Throw the medication away after you have used 120 sprays, even if there is still medicine left in the bottle."

Take care,

Anonymous 21 Oct 2012

Great answer my friend. When I used flonase, I used it early in the morning to work best throughout the day. I have found that Asteline works better for me altho'...

Anonymous 21 Oct 2012

Thank you Mary!

Anonymous 21 Oct 2012

You are most welcome!

suzanne66 23 Oct 2012

It does not matter what time of the day you use Flonase - but for best results try to take it around the same time every day, and choose a time of day when you are most likely to remember. For example in the morning when you brush your teeth. All the best.

chadster67 23 Oct 2012