Bacterial Infection - Can Clindamycin be used to treat a UTI?

chuck1957 26 Mar 2017

Unknown72; My friend you have me between a rock and a hard place, I really don't like to answer questions like this. But I don't want you to do more damage than you could and there is no guarantee that you still might. First, if the Clindamycin is from an old Infection Please don't use it get some fresh antibiotic's And yes it is used for Bacterial Infections but not all are the same. It could do more damage than good. But it is UTI approved if it's the right strain. wrong you could make it harder for the doctor to treat. And the question is do you have enough to treat a full blown UTI Infection. As you know many of these infections the first round of antibiotic is the sulfa, Ds Please read this well because you can have more than a normal UTI AND YOU NEVER WANT TO just use something from a friend, Or old out of the cupboard, If they are not stored right they can become TOXIC.. sO PLEASE HEAD MY WARNINGS. AND ALSO IF YOU HAVE A PARTNER YOU CAN CONTINUE TO PASS IT BACK AND FORTH. i HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND MY WORRIES AND IN NO WAY AM I CHEWING YOU OUT.BUT IF IN DOUGH GO TO THE E.R. ROOM AND GET IT DONE RIGHT. ALSO HERE IS A COPY AND PASTE OF THE USE OF THIS MEDICATION AND YU MAKE UP YOUR MIND.Remember there are many things that can cause a UTI infection if that is what it is. okay, my friend here is the copy and paste from drugs.Com please use your head and be safe. a friend Chuck1957 (((( To reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of clindamycin and other antibacterial drugs, clindamycin should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by bacteria. Okay behind this is the copy and paste Unknown72 be safe, please. Chuck1957 if you have a question feel free to ask me or someone else on here they are all as good as me. enjoy your weekend. Chuck1957. remember safety first and foremost.

ChelleKay 26 Mar 2017

Unknown72, PLEASE listen to Chuck, he really knows his stuff and I agree with him 100%.