Anyone taking prednisone for mouth ulcers?

endlessPred 15 Jun 2013

Hello, your question is interesting. Prednisone reduces inflammation. I happen to get mouth sores from high dose prednisone. One thing that helps me with the mouth is increasing Folic Acid daily. I am going to do some research. Will be back

endlessPred 15 Jun 2013

I really don't see the prednisone helping. But if your doctor wants you to try it do just that. Normal canker sores are from vitamin deficiencies that make one vulnerable to infection as the skin in the mouth doesn't heal as fast.

Let me know what the doctor suggests. I would be interested in hearing the treatment.

nikkirn22 12 Mar 2014

Prednisone is the only thing that makes my ulcers heal quickly. Of course the doctors don't want you to take it too often. When I have several ulcers I only need a few days of it to get better. They heal almost overnight.