Has anyone tried Solco generic Klonopin and if so what do you think compared to TEVA?

13 Answers

spencerdoug 31 Oct 2018

Yes. I've been using the solco generic brand for Klonopin for almost a month and I'm having panic attacks Around the Clock! Especially at night I'm waking up in Terror, which I never did since I started taking Klonopin in 1983. I also started getting Teva as a generic when it was first introduced and it worked fine. Now I have to deal with the pharmacist and my doctor, who will say it's in my head, which we know this situation is real. So in response to your question yeah I'm getting your brand and it sucks!

blue-sky 24 Dec 2018

The Solco generic brand is terrible. I refuse to take it again.

MuseMyself 24 Mar 2019

It definitely not it your head. The FDA allows 20% above or below how a drug compares to the brand so, if your on a generic that is 20% above and switched to another generic 20% below that is a 40% difference. A lot of generic manufacturers changed the country/s where they are manufactured as well use the same companies. The FDA is more lax with established companies.

drewbullett 11 Oct 2019

Your doctor is very aware that’s generics are weaker and are approved to be less potent and with more side affects. And you’re pharmacist is aware as well. Now, do they wanna deal with it at the pharmacy? Prob not find you a mom & pops or independent owned pharmacy who can order generics for you. My doctor told me right off the bat he doesn’t use Walmart & etc they buy the cheapest meds available and are least affective! My doctor told me the truth about generics! If they don’t wanna help then find someone who will I would change pharmacy that’s exactly what I did!

fingers49 18 Aug 2020

I also have been switched to generic Solco and it is terrible. It does absolutely nothing to reduce anxiety and does nothing to help with insomnia. Feels like the active ingredient is just not there and is ineffective. Will speak to pharmacist and get other recommendations for alternative manufacturers. Unfortunately Teva does not manufacture Klonopin any more.

zelda2019 17 Nov 2018

I switched to Solco after a couple months on the Actavis formula (Teva bought Actavis, discontinued the Teva formula which worked great for me and then started using the Actavis formula). Solco is working much better for me than the Actavis formula. I could feel the difference in the first two days. I'd give it a shot, I had to switch to a local independent pharmacy to get it as my name brand pharmacy only had the Actavis version.

MuseMyself 20 Jan 2019

I thought actavis was working well when, I first switched from accord. Then, I began having side effects I haven’t ever experienced even though, I would have slight withdrawal from switching from Teva to accord. I tried every generic my doctor switched me right away to diazepam manufactured by Teva but, it’s not the same. I’m on a dose I haven’t ever been on. I spoke to Teva about it but, they answered more to my other question about if, it’s their formula used for the clonazepam ODT they answered yes. They didn’t talk much about their diazepam. All the pharmaceutical companies are buying one another out. Most of the generic companies are manufactured in the same places as one gets recalled it becomes a domino effect if you have ever noticed. It’s also public knowledge where and who manufactures and packages what. It really stinks that insurance company’s are denying brand requests.

The FDA regulations are the true issue in all generics medication not just benzodiazepines.
Too many people are complaining about all different generic medications with constant recalls.

Gsparks6701 5 Jul 2019

Solco works until you get a batch that doesn't. They are made in China, so they can be 20% above the mg or 20% below. You never know what you're getting. It through me into acute withdrawal. I've had to up my doses ever since they got rid of Teva. I'm on name brand now.

Hannah1031 24 Nov 2018

I had been taking the Teva for years and I never had to worry about any side effects. In the past weeks, I have had to try Actavis which was sedating and gave me migraine headaches every single day and then brand name orange which made me jittery and caused itching and then Solco which was by far the worst... after only two days, and itching constantly… I actually was going into an allergic reaction with this one and had to take Zantac yet again. And the Zantac barely worked. I cannot take Benadryl. I thought I was going to have to go to hospital and it’s not like they could do anything. Thankfully, another prescription had been called in for me for the 1.0 brand-name which is blue and hopefully I will have some luck with that one. This has been a nightmare. Apparently, the orange brand name has yellow 6 dye and that may have been what caused my reaction to that one and Solco contains an ingredient which may be suspect for me.

Hopefully, the two different blue dyes used in the brand-name 1.0 which I am to cut in half twice a day will not further my allergic response to the others. However, it takes days or weeks even to get the previous medication out of my system. Unfortunately, I have very sensitive body chemistry as I am sure others do too. I finally found a pharmacy that actually cared. Hopefully, this will work. But it was suggested to me that there is one more option as in the 2 mg white version of the brand-name with no dye. This has been one of the most horrid experiences of my life. Especially when you live alone it’s even worse. Teva has no idea the hell they have caused thousands of people who were on their generic for years. Evidently, the povidone in that version did something good for the way it worked. If you have read any of my previous post, I would never have taken this medication if I had been told that you could not stop without issue. No one should have ever given this to me because now my body is physically dependent. I want off of this but the only way I can do that is if one of these will actually work so then I can taper down. I was actually able to taper on the T if you haven’t read any of my previous post, I would never have taken this medication if I had been told but you could not stop without issue. No one should have ever given this to me because now my body is physically dependent. I want off of this but the only way I can do that is if one of these will actually work so then I can taper down. I was actually able to taper with the Teva but because I never had any issues with it and didn’t know the truth about how it works here I am. I certainly hope the blue version works tomorrow because if it does not I do not know what I will do for the weekend. People do not understand sensitivity in this world. Chemical sensitivity is a real thing. And too often it is ignored and passed off as anxiety which it is not.

Byrjun 3 Dec 2018

Ive Had close to the same issues. Solco worked but made me irritable. Actavis wakes me up after 2 hours with a panic attack and I'm like that almost all day. Cant afford brand name.
They told me there's nothing else I can try except maybe the melting wafers which are made by Teva. I want to get off of this but cant if the medicine isn't working in the first place.
Been to ER twice, on leave from work and just want to die.

blue-sky 24 Dec 2018

Solco made me sick also! I never had a problem with any brand before until Solco. Will never take it again. It made my stomach hurt. It made me go to the bathroom (#2) 6 times a day. It gave me bad dreams. When it was wearing off, my heart would race. NEVER again.

blue-sky 24 Dec 2018

The Solco brand is terrible! It makes your stomach hurt. It makes you go to the bathroom (#2) 6 times a day. When it starts wearing off, it makes your heart race. It causes horrible dreams. I refuse to take it again. I was only taking .5 per day. Before, Solco, I had the Accord brand, and had zero problems and was weaning off Klonopin altogether. Down to .25 for 2 or 3 days then .5. No side effects whatsoever!
Before Klonopin, I took Ativan (lorazepam) for a couple months and changed brands several times, and never had a problem with either brand. Actavis or Leading.
Just called my Dr. waiting for new script. If they don't fix it, I will go back to Ativan until they will change the manufacturer. Solco is HORRIBLE

mjsunnyday 1 Jan 2019

When Teva their clonazepam formula, CVS gave me the Solco brand which caused stomach pain, bad headaches, higher anxiety and nightmares. I also began itching all over which could have been from one of their inactive ingredients, base, buffers or delivery system. Never again! Now I am on Accord brand which seems to be weak and causing Anxiety attacks and more.
These are manufactured in China... typically not regulated. Greed for more money once again comes before our health...

Gsparks6701 2 Jan 2019

Report Accord to FDA ..I did. They thanked me because only 20% of people that have issues actually make a report. We need something to be done. My dose has had to be raised 2 times in a year because of these horribly made meds.

MuseMyself 24 Mar 2019

Teva- now owns accord.

GMc 24 Mar 2019

Accord is no good. Now they are selling under the Teva generic name???
Yuk!

MuseMyself 24 Mar 2019

They’re still selling under Accord for now. Teva/actavis is pretty much buying all the competition they almost bought mylan years back too. Teva went down in quality unfortunately. They have many companies under them. Generics were not always this bad... My clonidine I was only able to take major or actavis. I just found out this year Major is actavis...

Gsparks6701 5 Jul 2019

Accord doesn't own Teva. Teva let accord take over the manufacturing of clonazepam. Teva still sells many drugs.

Gsparks6701 5 Jul 2019

GMc 5 Jul 2019

So does Teva still make their own buspirone?

Gsparks6701 5 Jul 2019

Yes they do

GMc 5 Jul 2019

Thank you for your comment!

Tenxsuxplus9 20 Jan 2019

I have been switched manufacturers about every 2 months. Was just on Actavis which at first was horrible, but then I noticed I wasnt having to take it as much. When it came time to refill I still had about 10 left! So of course I just came from picking up my script and Rite Aid switched me to 1mg Solco which I've never had. Just went to my Dr this past Thursday and he is fed up as well. Told me to switch to a small "Mom and Pop" pharmacy as they dont switch manufacturers every week. He said he will write me a script for the name brand only if the keep this up.

Gsparks6701 27 Jul 2019

That's what my Dr. Had to do. I'm on name brand. It doesn't seem to last as long as Teva, and I've had more side effects from constant switching !!!

srichey 28 Jul 2019

Me too! It’s just horrifying

MuseMyself 20 Jan 2019

I used to take QualiQuest who had sold their scoring but, not their formula to solco. QualiQuest Was the best before, Teva.
I took Teva ever since. No other generic clonazepam has helped. I did however, find out Teva still manufactures their formula in or orally disintegrating tablets sells wholesale only. Rite aid has a contract with Teva I know many Walgreens have bought out most rite aids and mylan is a big generic for Walgreens thankfully, they were forced to discontinue their placebo clonazepam so, you don’t have to worry about receiving mylan.
I would at least try and ask your Dr. to write for Teva ODT if, you have any further issues. If, you cannot find something that’s helpful I would suggest asking for your doctor to write for brand medically necessary before you run out. Or switch to another benzodiazepine.
Hope everything works out for you!
Take care!
Muse

Tenxsuxplus9 20 Jan 2019

Yeah I even questioned my pharmacy and Dr for switching me to a placebo secretly to see if I even need it. I have been on clonazepam for over 20 years and cant be taken off of it now. I ran out early a few years ago and was rushed to the ER with a seizure and I will not go through that again.

MuseMyself 20 Jan 2019

I have been there unfortunately. Diazepam I was able to wean down no without any problems now, it’s as if, I miss one dose on what’s supposed to be a very long acting benzodiazepine... I begin to withdraw this hasn’t ever been this way before, five years ago I temporarily switched to diazepam to give Klonopin a break. I was able to wean down like nothing... now, as badly I want to get off benzodiazepines I cannot at this time. I actually, went IP to detox from them because of the physical dependence the clinician didn’t know what she was doing SMH... she discharged me in less than five days weaned me off 80mg diazepam with Teva ODT decreased daily not every three days - daily! Somehow, discharged me without being monitored on my last dose of .25mg I left in the afternoon because I wanted to stay for one of the groups. Within and hour driving in traffic I was in full withdrawal...

I didn’t want to go back into the hospital that weaned extremely fast I just wanted to get through the long drive. I had to detour to a truck stop from being sick. All I wanted was to get home. Four hours later I got home I just went to sleep in my car. I was getting worse as time past. My doctor called in ten days worth of meds while I was IP. I did what I had to just to be safe in order not to have seizures but, it was hell!
Finally, my doctor reached out to me and called in my original medications. It took two weeks to begin to feel better... I didn’t ever want to go through withdrawal again... nothing compares to this last experience I don’t wish on anyone!

ryanpatrick81 23 Mar 2019

Teva doesn't make klonopin anymore

MuseMyself 24 Mar 2019

Teva only makes their orally disintegrating tablets of clonazepam in certain doses. It’s their formula. The only thing is the last time I was on it I became very ill. It maybe the dose I was on. I confirmed with Teva the formula hasn’t changed. I told them the issues I was having with actavis and other genetics they also own or are partners with. Teva diazepam isn’t what it used to be either. It’s better than some others I have been on. Solco- the formula is actually qualitest now as they have recently sold both scoring and now formula to solco- I used qualitest before I used teva. I haven’t used qualitest since, they had sold the scoring to solco. I didn’t have any issues with qualitest clonazepam. If, solco has truly changed to their formula I would pick that over Teva but, that’s my experience...

srichey 20 Jan 2019

I’ve taken Teva in the past and it was great. Now my doctor had to switch me to brand roche as the other generics did not work. Does it take a while when you switch off one type of Klonopin onto another for the new brand to get into your system because I’m not feeling as good on brand as I did with the Teva . Tia

Gsparks6701 20 Jan 2019

I tried the Brand Trade Klonopin by Roche. It made me sick because I think they are much stronger. I couldn't even walk , it made me have no balance, and I take klonopin for vertigo in the first place! Been on solco for awhile through mom and pop pharmacy and been ok.

Gsparks6701 20 Jan 2019

ryanpatrick81 23 Mar 2019

its because they stopped making Teva last year.

srichey 27 Jul 2019

I’ve been on brand Klonopin 0.5 once a day sometimes twice for the past few months. Bad headaches. Had to push me up to 1.0 seems to work but very tired

Gsparks6701 27 Jul 2019

Neither am I . I have had more side effects with name brand, and I've been on or a month
Teva brand had povidone in it , which I think made it last longer. I have to dose 4 times a day on the name brand because it doesn't last 8 hours !!! I'm fed up!

ryanpatrick81 27 Jul 2019

I was on TV before 2 years and it worked great when they stopped making them I had to change to Accord which is made in China and crumble super easily and I can just tell is not a good pill. Anyways I've been on that now for about six months and I've gotten used to it but it's still nowhere near as good as Teva I heard teva's coming back in a few months though.

ryanpatrick81 27 Jul 2019

*Teva not TV

ryanpatrick81 27 Jul 2019

Me too I used to take 3 Tevas a day now I'm at 6 Accords and they still feel weaker

srichey 28 Jul 2019

I have some teva’s Left from about a year ago. Think they’re still good?

srichey 19 Oct 2019

Aren’t they suppose to bring back The original Teva Klonopin?

quirkworks 1 Apr 2019

Nightmare! Nightmare! Is there actually a real drug in this fake med? Insomnia, rapid heart, I haven’t slept a night since I started this China crap ! I only sleep when exhausted in few hour spurts! I feel like I’m having a heart attack, withdrawal! I’m trying for the 2nd time in the last few weeks to get a real replacement

quirkworks 13 Jul 2019

I’ll add sharp rapid pains in my left side of my head that made me feel like I was blacking out. I thought I was having strokes (or migraines but they were too brief). Terrifying side effect.

quirkworks 13 Jul 2019

Gsparks6701 24 Jun 2019

Solco was fine until is made me go into acute withdrawal. Body pains so bad, nausea, couldn't eat or sleep, even with trazodone. I had some Brand name by Roche on hand, so I took that in the evening and the next morning all pains gone and I could sleep. Bad batch will never go back and will report to FDA. The name brand is stronger and I'm having to get use to it.

kkmkkm 19 Oct 2019

Solco, Mylin, Accord... on and on. Nothing is comparable to the old Teva formula (before they bought Activas). I even switched to the brand name and paid $450, out of pocket to try to find some relief. It was better than the generics, but the half life was still shorter than the discontinued Teva formula. It was too difficult to keep up the extra cost, without a much better result. I have debilitating Panic Attacks with agoraphobia (when treatment fails). After 5 years on the Teva... I was back to work as an attorney. Life was "normal" again (as normal as it ever will be, for me). Now, I'm just not sure what to try next.

fingers49 10 Aug 2020

I have tried Solco Klonopin for a month now and there is absolutely no comparison to Teva or for that matter any other generic brand. There seems there to be little , if any, active ingredient in the Solco brand. Very disappointed in this manufacturer. Like taking a placebo as far as I'm concerned.

brite7 1 Sep 2020

Has anyone experienced feeling drugged up taking clonazepam with food? When they changed me on another generic the past year, eating with food made it more effective. I was on it for 14 years and didnt ever feel drugged up with it since I got used to it but with this generic (Solco) I felt like it affected the way it absorbed in my body. I literally felt like I was drugged up and sedated every day when I would take it. Even if I ate food 2 hours before taking it, would still affect me. For the first time in a year I tried to take it on a completely empty stomach and not eating any food at all and it put me in major withdrawals as if I skipped a dose. I never had this reaction with the other generics. I called the pharmacist and he has never heard of anyone having this kind of reaction. taking it on an empty stomach. In fact I read its suppose to be more effective on an empty stomach. I am wondering if Im the only one and the way my body is processing this generic?