Laureth-9 Side Effects
Some side effects of laureth-9 may not be reported. Always consult your doctor or healthcare specialist for medical advice. You may also report side effects to the FDA.
For the Consumer
Applies to laureth-9: intravenous solution
Along with its needed effects, laureth-9 may cause some unwanted effects. Although not all of these side effects may occur, if they do occur they may need medical attention.
Check with your doctor or nurse immediately if any of the following side effects occur while taking laureth-9:More common
- Bleeding, blistering, burning, coldness, discoloration of the skin, feeling of pressure, hives, infection, inflammation, itching, lumps, numbness, pain, rash, redness, scarring, soreness, stinging, swelling, tenderness, tingling, ulceration, or warmth at the injection site
- collection of blood under the skin of the injection site
- deep, dark purple bruise at the injection site
- blue-green to black skin discoloration
- blurred vision
- burning, crawling, itching, numbness, prickling, "pins and needles", or tingling feelings
- chest pain
- darkening of the skin
- difficult or labored breathing
- difficulty with swallowing
- dizziness or lightheadedness
- fast, irregular, pounding, or racing heartbeat or pulse
- inability to speak
- increased hair growth in the treatment area
- large, hive-like swelling on the face, eyelids, lips, tongue, throat, hands, legs, feet, or sex organs
- loss of consciousness
- nerve injury
- no blood pressure or pulse
- noisy breathing
- pain, redness, or sloughing of the skin at the injection site
- pain, redness, or swelling in the arm or leg
- puffiness or swelling of the eyelids or around the eyes, face, lips, or tongue
- severe or sudden headache
- shortness of breath
- skin rash
- slurred speech
- sores, welting, or blisters
- stopping of the heart
- sudden shortness of breath or troubled breathing
- temporary blindness
- tightness in the chest
- unusual tiredness or weakness
- weakness in the arm or leg on one side of the body, sudden and severe
Some side effects of laureth-9 may occur that usually do not need medical attention. These side effects may go away during treatment as your body adjusts to the medicine. Also, your health care professional may be able to tell you about ways to prevent or reduce some of these side effects. Check with your health care professional if any of the following side effects continue or are bothersome or if you have any questions about them:Incidence not known
- feeling of warmth
- redness of the face, neck, arms, and occasionally, upper chest
- sudden sweating
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to laureth-9: injectable solution
Local side effects have included injection site hematoma, irritation, discoloration, pain, pruritus, warmth, thrombosis, necrosis and neovascularization.
Hypersensitivity side effects have included anaphylactic shock and angioedema.
Respiratory side effects have included dyspnea and asthma.
Cardiovascular side effects have included cardiac arrest, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, vasovagal syncope, circulatory collapse, vasculitis and palpitations.
Nervous system side effects have included cerebrovascular accident, migraine, paresthesia (local), loss of consciousness, confusional state, nerve injury, and dizziness.
Dermatologic side effects have included generalized urticaria, skin hyperpigmentation, dermatitis allergic, and hypertrichosis (in the area of sclerotherapy).
General side effects have included pyrexia and hot flush.