Generic name: ipratropium bromide and albuterol
Dosage form: aerosol, metered
This dosage information does not include all the information needed to use Combivent safely and effectively. See full prescribing information for Combivent.
The information at Drugs.com is not a substitute for medical advice. ALWAYS consult your doctor or pharmacist.
The dose of COMBIVENT® Inhalation Aerosol is two inhalations four times a day. Patients may take additional inhalations as required; however, the total number of inhalations should not exceed 12 in 24 hours. Safety and efficacy of additional doses of COMBIVENT Inhalation Aerosol beyond 12 puffs/24 hours have not been studied. Also, safety and efficacy of extra doses of ipratropium or albuterol in addition to the recommended doses of Combivent® (ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulfate) Inhalation Aerosol have not been studied. It is recommended to “test-spray” three times before using for the first time and in cases where the aerosol has not been used for more than 24 hours. Avoid spraying into eyes.
- Combivent Side Effects
- Combivent Drug Interactions
- Combivent (albuterol/ipratropium) consumer information
- Albuterol / Ipratropium dosage information
- Combivent Respimat (ipratropium bromide and albuterol) spray, metered dosage information
- DuoNeb (ipratropium bromide and albuterol sulfate) inhalation solution dosage information
- DuoNeb (albuterol/ipratropium) consumer information