User Reviews for Symbicort

Learn more about Symbicort.

COPD 17 reviews 34 medications

8.8
COPD, Maintenance 7 reviews 37 medications

8.6
Asthma, Maintenance 54 reviews 108 medications

8.3
Summary of Symbicort reviews 78 reviews 8.6

Reviews for Symbicort

For COPD "Works great for me , more energy and I feel good"

Steve hulse January 19, 2016

For COPD "Works wonders, but the pump never functions beyond 30 out 120 times that is supposed to function"

Gali shae January 15, 2016

For COPD, Maintenance "The dosage of 160/4.5 makes me very, very nervous."

Jaccie January 7, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "This stuff practically saved my childhood. I've had severe asthma all my life. I took my Ventese pump at lease 10 times a day. I struggled to walk even the smallest distances without my chest feeling tight. I had many visits to the hospital- 3 occasions going as far as Intensive Care. I was the prescribed Symbicort 160 and my life has changed completely. I experience no side effects whatsoever. I've been on it for about 6 years. I'm currently 19 years old."

Sabrinav03 (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "To start with I am in the UK and for me is an effective Asthma controller, it works but; lets talk side effects: The first thing that occurred was the hallucinations, it was like being on LSD. My libido disappeared. I started to get angry very quickly and am now intolerant of the most stupid things. Short term memory loss has become a severe problem; My eyesight has worsened very quickly and I get eye infections easily. On top of all that, my throat has become so bad, (potential Candida) I can no longer sing in public - it would have helped had I been told to rinse after every use. Having seen the official list of side effects, for all its good this has got to go."

Andy51058 (taken for 10 years or more) January 4, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "OK it may be effective, However if you loose your voice thats NO good!! After [5] days that was enough for me. Just like Addviar I had to quit using so the Dr. prescribed Symbicort.?"

Gene the machine January 2, 2016

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was diagnosed with allergy related asthma when I was four years old. I've been on several maintenance medicine, but never thought they did much. I was hospitalized when I was 15 with asthmatic bronchitis and my doctor decided to put my on Symbicort which was finally allowed in the US at the time. Since then my asthma has turned around 180 and I haven't had any major issues. I've taken two puffs twice a day for the past 7 years and it's truly a lifesaver. It even opens my airway within 5 minutes of taking it."

Darbaby21 (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 13, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "This is the first preventative drug I have used that offers both short term relief to my athsma, I have used it whilst suffering an attack and the symptoms were alleviated quickly, and long term prevention. I can be quite slack in renewing my script and my athsma, and all its nasty side affects usually come back with a vengeance within a month. I'm on a high dose and I take four puffs daily, two times in the morning and again and night. I have never had trouble sleeping whilst using Symbicort. I can't recommend this medication enough, I have to take it for the rest of my life, the drug is so unobtrusive so the thought of this doesn't worry me."

Book Thief September 12, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Symbicort worked wonders for me, but when I talked my voice would trail off. And I had to clear my throat to get my voice back. Sometimes my voice sounded scratchy as well. Doctor recommend I washed my mouth after each use. But it still didn't work. I am in sales so talking is important and had to change to something else."

Anonymous August 2, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Developed asthma 3 years ago when I was 50. Tried all kinds of controller medications. Switched to Symbacort after about a year and things have been great ever since. Yes I have had some minor side effects, occasional agitation and some muscle cramps but I run 5k 3 times a week without any difficulties (well I am 53, so some difficulties). I am very happy with this medication. I hope that all asthmatics find their ideal medication. Difficulties with breathing can be so scary. Work with your doctor, educate yourself on all the different meds available and find the right one for you. You can be happy and live the life you were meant to."

A.S. (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 29, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Symbicort helped breath easier in the beginning. After a few weeks it actually made it worse and on top of it gave me terrible dibilitating back pain and hoarse throat. Side effects are not worth it! I would not recommend."

Tutu111 June 25, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Please don't be afraid to try this medication. I suffer from overthinking and when I read these reviews, I was afraid of the side effects. I moved into an apartment that I did not know was blowing dust out of the air vents and was sick over a long period of time, developing bouts of wheezing. My lung function was at 70% and finally went to the doctor, who prescribed Symbicort. I put off taking this longer than I should have. I used the 160/4.5 at 2 puffs a day for about a week. I upped it to 4 puffs a day for another week. I closed it out with 2 puffs a day for a few more days. The wheezing and chest tightness are gone. I sleep better. I can get a full breath. I feel like me again. This has saved my life and I had ZERO side effects."

Guest100010001 (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2015

For COPD "Copd for six years"

Anonymous June 16, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was having to use albuterol several times a day, after nearly collapsing while fighting fire. I saved up and sought treatment. I no longer use albuterol!! Been 2 months now and insurance covers this."

mississippi ranger June 16, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "My doctor gave me a sample of Symbicort last week. Before I began taking it , I got on this site to see what experiences others have had with it. I was very concerned because many of the side effects I read about made me think twice about taking it at all. I did notice that a few people were taking 2 puffs , twice a day. So I figured maybe that might be too much. So I am going to try 1 puff , once a day , at approximately the same time every day and see how it goes. Last night was the first time I used it - and it DID work. Slept thru the night without using my inhaler at all. Feel pretty good this morning , and still have not used my rescue inhaler. So far , so good. But we'll see in a couple of weeks."

pyxiestyx June 13, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Symbicort has COMPLETELY changed my life. I'm 23 and have been living with severe asthma my entire life. I was using my rescue inhaler 5+ times a day and unable to even climb the steps to my apartment without chest pain and wheezing. I'd tried other medications such as Advair and Singulair, but saw no change in symptoms. Finally, after being completely fed up with being so young, yet unable to go for a walk in the park, or stand within 10 feet of an animal, I talked to my doctor and was prescribed Symbicort. After two weeks, taking 4 puffs a day, it's almost like I don't have asthma anymore. Now, I take one puff every few weeks for maintenance. I can sleep through an entire night, my thinking is much more clear, and I couldn't be happier."

TriSarahtops19 May 17, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was perfectly controlled on Seratide but my medical practitioner advised me to change. As far as I can tell, Symbicort has no effect at all. I don't get relief from the reliever part and I wake up coughing and spluttering. I still need to use ventolin. If I didn't know better, I would say it was a placebo."

Whywhywhywhy May 9, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "I unfortunately did not have the same experience as the rest, day 1 was great i thought finally I can breath without struggling, day 2 was using my rescue inhaler. So upset, so tired of trying to find something to work."

kims46342 April 28, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I was able to breathe finally. I had always been out of breath. All day. When I started taking Symbicort, I could breathe. And I would've been able to clean, and play with my kids, go for a walk, excercise. However, I stopped taking it. The side effects were horrible. I was angry, on edge. Worst constant headache ever! It wasn't fair to my family. Waiting to find an alternative."

LeeLee1111 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2015

For COPD, Maintenance "I was first prescribed Spiriva for my COPD and after about a month I saw no change & was using my rescue inhaler 3-4 times a day. My Dr. then prescribed Symbicort 5 weeks ago & I haven't had to use my rescue inhaler at all since. It has really inproved my quality of life! The only side effects I've noticed is my throat is a little hoarse. I'm happy!"

happy breather March 26, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "Severe cough at night. Doctor diagnosed asthma. Symbicort 80/4.5 helped with cough but side effects were awful. Mood, agitation and anger from the steroid were intolerable. "

the Boon January 10, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I'm a 59 year old male with asthma that has been on this medicine for 12 years. I've tried them all and this seems to work the best for me. A few concerns I have since starting this is cramps in my calves and hands. You need to take vitamin supplements i.e. calcium and magnesium. I've developed tinnitus or ringing in the ear, now constantly. Not sure if this is related. I also have sinusitis so bad that I will be having a turbinate reduction soon. You will develop a thrush or hoarse throat if you don't gargle or rinse after use. I take 2 puffs in the morning and that usually does the trick."

andyman4 (taken for 10 years or more) December 25, 2014

For COPD "Works extremely well, will continue to use."

westdrayton (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 22, 2014

For Asthma, Maintenance "I went to the Dr. on Wednesday for severe asthma and he put me on Symbicort along with a 10 day dose of Prednisone. I can tell you that Thursday I used my Ventolin inhaler only once where I had been using the Ventolin 10-12 times a day. I woke up Friday morning not wheezing. This is the first time I can ever remember not wheezing and short of breath in the morning. After 2 puffs of Symbicort Friday morning, I am clear as a bell this afternoon. This stuff is amazing and I feel read to start running again."

Golferguy09 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2014

For COPD "I'm pretty sure that I would have died without it. I had already had full respiratory failure with extended hospital stay and hooked up to oxygen when I went home. Then once I got off of the oxygen I had emergency level exacerbations sometimes 3 or 4 times a week which increases your mortality rate. When I started using the Symbicort it went away."

deongg (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2014