User Reviews for Symbicort

Learn more about Symbicort.

Symbicort review summary

9.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 93 medications used in the treatment of COPD.

Reviews for Symbicort to treat COPD

Review by deongg (taken for 1 to 2 years):

I'm pretty sure that I would have died without it. I had already had full respiratory failure with extended hospital stay and hooked up to oxygen when I went home. Then once I got off of the oxygen I had emergency level exacerbations sometimes 3 or 4 times a week which increases your mortality rate. When I started using the Symbicort it went away.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 11, 2014 9:51 PM

Review by woo woo (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Excellent medicine for me. Helps me a lot to move around and to have less exasperation's. Improves my quality of life.

December 15, 2013 6:52 PM

Review by Naples_Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Opened my lungs, and no notable side effects

September 20, 2013 10:51 AM

Review by axslinger (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Symbicort works well as a maintenance medication for my COPD. I use in combination with Spiriva. The only down side is that it causes anxiety and "jitters" for me. I am already an anxious person so this can be a problem.

July 4, 2013 11:11 AM

Review by Thankful to breath (taken for 1 to 2 years):

This has helped so very much. I still have the attacks and energy is still very low but, this has given me the best results so far.

May 13, 2013 7:19 PM

Review by Mrzeee (taken for less than 1 month):

After the VA diagnosed my concern as COPD they gave me Combivent 4 times a day and I had to use a rescue Albuterol in between that. It was very discouraging. The doctor then sent me Symbicort 80/4.5 the first day was a miracle. I can shovel snow, walk my dog 1/2 mile and have not touched the rescue once. Not sure of any side effects yet as it has been only a week but the BEST week in a long time. I would recommend this to anyone who can use it.

January 29, 2013 12:12 PM

Review by HighNoon:

Have been taking this medicine for 3 years. At first I thought it wasn't doing anything for me. I took myself off of the medication. After a few weeks I noticed that my breathing got worse. Symbicort has made a huge difference in me being able to breath and not. Concerns are my high dosage compared to other people I know who are on it.

February 10, 2012 4:14 AM

Review by Big Dog80:

After the first use of 160/4.5 Symbicort my lungs opened and phlegm coughed up. Had more energy. This product is the first time in 5 yrs that I felt it working. VA even carries the product. I also have more energy.

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2011 11:02 PM

Review by Paul74:

Had tried Advair and one other inhaler and didn't do anything. Was using albuterol when needed (2-3 times a day). Doctor put me on Symbicort and had immediate relief. Only take 2 puffs in the morning and set for the day. No side effects yet (6 weeks now). Hopefully it will continue to work on my COPD. Also, I'm a smoker (of course trying to quit) and even with smoking, Symbicort has worked great.

59 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2010 3:51 PM

Review by NORJUD:

I used Advir for years...then it started doing less work. Doctor gave me Symbicort and wow what a difference.

February 7, 2010 11:36 AM

Review by vonjon:

I believe Symbicort is one of the best medications I have used over the last six years. My airways stay open much longer and I feel and breath better.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 12, 2009 8:48 PM

This is the only medicine that truly keeps my systems down. I use my rapid inhaler less.

September 10, 2009 2:36 PM

Review by jebben_99sbcglobal.net:

The first couple of weeks, it seemed to help, but then I developed a bad case of thrush, even though I rinsed and gargled after each use. I did not swallow it. I have had the 5 pills to suck on every day for 14 days and now the Nystatin to swish, gargle and swallow. I am much better now, but I took myself off the Symbicort. I am also on a lot of other medicines but the one I absolutely need is phenytoin, due to a brain aneurysm. My mother had esophaguel candida and was on Diflucan all the time, and I have had my share of yeast infections also.

April 29, 2009 12:27 PM