User Reviews for Symbicort

Learn more about Symbicort.

Symbicort Review Summary

9.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 96 medications used in the treatment of COPD.

Reviews for Symbicort to treat COPD

"Works extremely well, will continue to use."

westdrayton (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 22, 2014

"I'm pretty sure that I would have died without it. I had already had full respiratory failure with extended hospital stay and hooked up to oxygen when I went home. Then once I got off of the oxygen I had emergency level exacerbations sometimes 3 or 4 times a week which increases your mortality rate. When I started using the Symbicort it went away."

deongg (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 11, 2014

"Excellent medicine for me. Helps me a lot to move around and to have less exasperation's. Improves my quality of life."

woo woo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2013

"Opened my lungs, and no notable side effects"

Naples_Guy (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 20, 2013

"Symbicort works well as a maintenance medication for my COPD. I use in combination with Spiriva. The only down side is that it causes anxiety and "jitters" for me. I am already an anxious person so this can be a problem."

axslinger (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2013

"This has helped so very much. I still have the attacks and energy is still very low but, this has given me the best results so far."

Thankful to breath (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 13, 2013

"After the VA diagnosed my concern as COPD they gave me Combivent 4 times a day and I had to use a rescue Albuterol in between that. It was very discouraging. The doctor then sent me Symbicort 80/4.5 the first day was a miracle. I can shovel snow, walk my dog 1/2 mile and have not touched the rescue once. Not sure of any side effects yet as it has been only a week but the BEST week in a long time. I would recommend this to anyone who can use it."

Mrzeee (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2013

"Have been taking this medicine for 3 years. At first I thought it wasn't doing anything for me. I took myself off of the medication. After a few weeks I noticed that my breathing got worse. Symbicort has made a huge difference in me being able to breath and not. Concerns are my high dosage compared to other people I know who are on it. "

HighNoon February 10, 2012

"After the first use of 160/4.5 Symbicort my lungs opened and phlegm coughed up. Had more energy. This product is the first time in 5 yrs that I felt it working. VA even carries the product. I also have more energy."

Big Dog80 October 14, 2011

"Had tried Advair and one other inhaler and didn't do anything. Was using albuterol when needed (2-3 times a day). Doctor put me on Symbicort and had immediate relief. Only take 2 puffs in the morning and set for the day. No side effects yet (6 weeks now). Hopefully it will continue to work on my COPD. Also, I'm a smoker (of course trying to quit) and even with smoking, Symbicort has worked great."

Paul74 November 26, 2010

"I used Advir for years...then it started doing less work. Doctor gave me Symbicort and wow what a difference."

NORJUD February 7, 2010

"I believe Symbicort is one of the best medications I have used over the last six years. My airways stay open much longer and I feel and breath better."

vonjon September 12, 2009

"This is the only medicine that truly keeps my systems down. I use my rapid inhaler less."

Anonymous September 10, 2009

"The first couple of weeks, it seemed to help, but then I developed a bad case of thrush, even though I rinsed and gargled after each use. I did not swallow it. I have had the 5 pills to suck on every day for 14 days and now the Nystatin to swish, gargle and swallow. I am much better now, but I took myself off the Symbicort. I am also on a lot of other medicines but the one I absolutely need is phenytoin, due to a brain aneurysm. My mother had esophaguel candida and was on Diflucan all the time, and I have had my share of yeast infections also."

jebben_99sbcglobal.net April 29, 2009