User Reviews for Xopenex

Learn more about Xopenex.

COPD, Maintenance 1 reviews 37 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 4 reviews 111 medications

9.5
Asthma, acute 2 reviews 165 medications

9.5
COPD, Acute 4 reviews 39 medications

Summary of Xopenex reviews 11 reviews 9.5

Reviews for Xopenex

For Asthma, acute "Used as alternative to albuterol inhaler due to rapid heart rate after its use. Good for use during mild to moderate acute asthma. I use for mild asthma. If Xopenex inhaler doesn't completely work, I know it's time to step up treatment with regular nebulized medication & a doctors visit."

Anonymous March 10, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance "I like this medicine better the others. Not too bad as far as side effects!"

Anonymous April 11, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "After taking albuterol (and various brands of albuterol) for years, I got a chance to try Xopenex almost a year ago, and I love it! I used to be scared to take albuterol, because it made me so shaky, even at only half the perscribed dose. But I can take the full dosage of Xopenex prescribed without feeling shaky at all!"

Anonymous January 26, 2012

For Asthma, Maintenance "I took Mucinex along with Xopenex. I had a terrible feeling for about 6 hours. "

jonolson December 25, 2010

For COPD, Acute "Wonderful, wonderful medicine. The only problem is Medicare will not pay the providers for this brand name drug only for generic (which this drug is not). However, because of this the pharmacy will not fill the prescription if you are under Medicare insurance as they will lose money. (It is always about the dollar and not what is best for the patient). Xopenex is a wonderful medicine and I would recommend it to anyone. "

Anonymous June 4, 2010

For Asthma, Maintenance "It works so much better than albuterol. It doesn't make you choke and there is little or no heart racing after using it."

Anonymous December 9, 2009

For Asthma, acute "Provided as an alternative to albuterol as my sons heart beat went very high with albuterol. Very effective."

Anonymous November 11, 2009

For COPD, Maintenance "32yr old female with copd and asthma. After trying several inhalers Xopenex is the best by far for me. Have experienced no side effects and it significantly opens my airways."

Anonymous November 7, 2009

For COPD, Acute "I have found this to work better for me than other medications I've used in a nebulizer. I use it four times a day and it helps me breath better. However, I still have to use Proventil HFA between my treatments. That could be because of the severity of my COPD."

vonjon August 6, 2009

For COPD, Acute "I have been using this for two months now and it is very helpful, a lot better than the albuterol solution I had for my nebulizer. This is wonderful. I can actually catch my breath with this and can walk a lot further using it."

moke September 17, 2008

For COPD, Acute "I used xopenex for the first time yesterday and found it to be very effective. It works fast and releaves the symptoms, I had no side effects."

charlie_s August 22, 2008