User Reviews for Xopenex

Learn more about Xopenex.

COPD, Maintenance 1 reviews 36 medications

Asthma, Maintenance 4 reviews 112 medications

9.5
Asthma, acute 1 reviews 164 medications

COPD, Acute 4 reviews 39 medications

Summary of Xopenex reviews 10 reviews 9.3

Reviews for Xopenex

For Asthma, Maintenance: I like this medicine better the others. Not too bad as far as side effects!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 11, 2012 3:57 PM

For Asthma, Maintenance: After taking albuterol (and various brands of albuterol) for years, I got a chance to try Xopenex almost a year ago, and I love it! I used to be scared to take albuterol, because it made me so shaky, even at only half the perscribed dose. But I can take the full dosage of Xopenex prescribed without feeling shaky at all!

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 26, 2012 3:50 PM

Review by jonolson:

For Asthma, Maintenance: I took Mucinex along with Xopenex. I had a terrible feeling for about 6 hours.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2010 12:21 AM

For COPD, Acute: Wonderful, wonderful medicine. The only problem is Medicare will not pay the providers for this brand name drug only for generic (which this drug is not). However, because of this the pharmacy will not fill the prescription if you are under Medicare insurance as they will lose money. (It is always about the dollar and not what is best for the patient). Xopenex is a wonderful medicine and I would recommend it to anyone.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 4, 2010 10:13 AM

For Asthma, Maintenance: It works so much better than albuterol. It doesn't make you choke and there is little or no heart racing after using it.

December 9, 2009 8:44 PM

For Asthma, acute: Provided as an alternative to albuterol as my sons heart beat went very high with albuterol. Very effective.

November 11, 2009 4:42 AM

For COPD, Maintenance: 32yr old female with copd and asthma. After trying several inhalers Xopenex is the best by far for me. Have experienced no side effects and it significantly opens my airways.

November 7, 2009 9:21 AM

Review by vonjon:

For COPD, Acute: I have found this to work better for me than other medications I've used in a nebulizer. I use it four times a day and it helps me breath better. However, I still have to use Proventil HFA between my treatments. That could be because of the severity of my COPD.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 6, 2009 8:56 PM

Review by moke:

For COPD, Acute: I have been using this for two months now and it is very helpful, a lot better than the albuterol solution I had for my nebulizer. This is wonderful. I can actually catch my breath with this and can walk a lot further using it.

September 17, 2008 10:11 PM

Review by charlie_s:

For COPD, Acute: I used xopenex for the first time yesterday and found it to be very effective. It works fast and releaves the symptoms, I had no side effects.

August 22, 2008 8:20 AM