User Reviews for Atrovent

Learn more about Atrovent.

Asthma 3 reviews 141 medications

COPD, Maintenance 3 reviews 36 medications

7.7
Summary of Atrovent reviews 6 reviews 8.4

Reviews for Atrovent

Review by toolajr (taken for 10 years or more):

For COPD, Maintenance: I like this inhaler except for the ridiculous dose counter. It's only worth a 4 rating for that. Who in the world thought this counter would be better?

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 3:20 PM

Review by Kazuk (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Asthma: I also take Seretide but medications used to control my asthma kept increasing until I was put on Atrovent. Beware, one day I woke with one large pupil, got sent to the Dr's then the hospital, thought I had a brain tumor, turned out I must have caught a bit of this in my eye.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2013 9:20 PM

Review by mcpepper111 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For COPD, Maintenance: This works. It's about the only prescription inhaler that does work. This one works. It is not as good as Primatene Mist but it does work. Side effects including the standard steroid use warning though.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 6, 2012 3:26 AM

For Asthma: Works great even as a rescue inhaler

October 31, 2011 12:41 AM

For COPD, Maintenance: Up until a recent diagnosis of emphysema, I used Atrovent only if I got a pain in my lungs because of COPD. After a couple of days, pain was gone and I felt good. Now I am using Atrovent 4 times per day, and it continues to be a great medication that I can count on to work.

June 25, 2011 3:58 PM

For Asthma: I have used Atrovent (Ipratropium) to control my asthma for several years. I usually make do with salbutamol for maintenance, but Atrovent proves very useful for bad attacks of if my chest gets very tight when I get a cold. Atrovent seems to dry up any phlegm in my chest and ease coughing. The medicine does not work immediately like salbutamol. It works best after 20-30 minutes, but seems to have a longer duration of effect than salbutamol - about 6 hours.

October 1, 2010 2:38 PM