User Reviews for Breo Ellipta

Learn more about Breo Ellipta.

COPD 7 reviews 38 medications

8.6
Asthma 9 reviews 142 medications

5.8
Summary of Breo Ellipta reviews 16 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Breo Ellipta

For COPD "I have been on prednisone 21 years non stop for a still unknown lung condition. I have tried so many different meds, specialists, treatments, etc. No matter what I still coughed, wheezed, couldn't breathe. The best combo so far was 20-30mg prednisone daily and Advair 500/50. I have not been able to get off prednisone for 21 years. If I tried, I ended up in the hospital within 48hrs. My insurance quit covering Advair, so my dr prescribed Breo. I am now on day 7 of NO PREDNISONE! Seven days! I am ecstatic! 21 years of prednisone has wrecked havoc on my body, but I havent taken it in 7 days! And I even took my dog for a walk yesterday! I dont know how its working when nothing else has, but it is!"

Boobear73 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2016

For Asthma "After having asthma my whole life and trying EVERY treatment for it, herbal or otherwise, I thought I had found my miracle. But after a day or two, my throat started hurting and I thought I was getting sick. I am convinced it is The Breo. I would rather use my Albuterol rescue inhaler 3 to 4 times a day than feel like I can't swallow. I had an even worse experience with Symbicort. It made my breathing worse. Breo did work, so for the 1 week I used it for, no asthma attack ,no nebulizer or inhaler, so this is why I give it 7 stars. But I cannot put up with the sore throat. I don't even wanna eat."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 16, 2016

For Asthma "24 years old, lifetime asthmatic, I was on seretide purple puffer but I was switched to breo 3 weeks ago. I barely ever use my inhaler and it feels like my asthma is gone with no side effects. I highly recommend giving this a shot."

Hamstyle April 3, 2016

For Asthma "My breathing has improved; however, I have had voice side effects. I lost my voice and started feeling sick with an upper respiratory illness approximately a week after starting Breo. I thought I was sick until I took a full dose of antibiotic and nothing changed."

Ziwalker (taken for less than 1 month) February 22, 2016

For Asthma "I have been using Advare for 10 years & my doctor decided to switch me up. I have been feeling weak, having headaches, dizzy & like my vision is not tracking with my eyes. Also I have been EXTREMELY sensitive to light ever since I started taking this. Called my Dr today & begged them to put me back on Advare."

Briegamble February 8, 2016

For Asthma "I am a 48 year old women who has had Asthma my whole life. I have been on Symbicort and Advair but still had to use my rescue inhaler several times on a daily basis. I started Breo Ellipta in October of last year, and have only had to use my rescue inhaler once, and that was the day after I started Breo. I absolutely love it, no more use of a rescue inhaler or nebulizer, and most important no side effects. We have horses and every time I would go out there with them it would make my Asthma flare up. I can now go out and spend the whole day right beside them with no problem. My doctor said this is the best he has ever heard my lungs sound. I would highly recommend it."

SaundraC (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2016

For COPD "I have used Breo for 1 month now and must day.... WOW.. I can give up my nebulizer which was every 4 hours ..yes nightly also... once a day... almost normal again. ps.. Breo is new... I had to tell my MD about it.. she gave me a 12 month free trial prescription card...... hope this helps!"

JoeGailey January 16, 2016

For Asthma "Body aches, fever, chest pain, heavy chest, problems breathing, stomach pain."

Chuck Allen January 2, 2016

For Asthma "Breo for asthma is once daily. Cutting dosing in half made sense and the medication did work. The device is much easier to use. I would suggest others ask doctors or research this one."

Steven w Smith December 22, 2015

For Asthma "I could breathe better, but I lost my sense of smell"

haeff (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 13, 2015

For Asthma "I was changed to Breo almost 3 months ago, after being on Advair 100/50 for 14 years. My Dr changed it, because he felt that Breo would be less steroid in my body. Well, "If it ain't broke, don't fix it." My breathing got worse, and it is a struggle to take a deep breath. I had to use my rescue inhaler 2-3 times a day, this past month, when with Advair, I'd only use it 1-2 times ayear. I constantly felt like someone was choking me, or that my lungs wouldn't inflate fully, & I'd have heart palpitations when I'd lay down, & would wake me from sleep. A recent CT scan showed bibasilar atelectasis, whereas another done prior to Breo this year, didn't show that finding. I started back on my Advair today. I hope it still works for me now."

Leilani Shannon October 29, 2015

For COPD "Used Symbicort for a few years and was very pleased with it but then I tried the Breo Ellipta. I thought Symbicort was very good but the Breo was out standing. I felt like I did 20 years ago before all of this started. I could mow the yard and function without any moments of shortness of breath - it is a really great treatment. The Tudorza Pressair (aclidinium bromide) just doesn't work. I felt light headed a lot and had a difficult time concentrating - felt very tired with it, and it just isn't working. The Breo is so very expensive - wish there was a way to get it without deciding if you are going to buy food or your Breo medication."

Morgany March 24, 2015

For COPD "I use Breo with Spiriva once per day. Haven't used rescue inhaler since I started taking the Breo. Love it!"

Miss Piggy15 January 25, 2015

For COPD "Work's very well. Using it for 6 months."

earlybird12 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 22, 2014

For COPD "One dose does not last a full 24 hours. Feel I need another puff after aprox 10 hours."

dakmaknk (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2014

For COPD "Was really good for my COPD long lasting. BUT! I had a Severe allergic reaction to it. Face swelled and my airway was starting to be cut off."

Nanawilson (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2014