User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 844 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by nadinatal:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: One week on Zoloft, no more bad dreams and nightmares.I can't remember last time I slept so well.I feel little better with my anxiety and this gives me hope.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2015 7:11 PM

Review by Tttttttt:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. I never used to talk to anyone and as soon as I started Zoloft I made so many new friends and I actually talk to people! Instead of sitting in my room being depressed and having anxiety attacks. It really works.

February 23, 2015 1:17 AM

Review by Alliey (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I was on Celexa for a year and it wasn't working for me. Then my doctor prescribed me Zoloft and it's my fourth day taking it and I love it. I finally have a clear head on my shoulders. And for the first time in a long time, I don't feel depressed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from depression.

February 15, 2015 4:40 PM

Review by Codr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: This medicine completely changed my life. Before I got on it, I was in deep depression and had a horrible chemical imbalance in my brain. I have been on this medicine for 2 months. This is wonderful. Now I'm more happy, smiling, and the chemicals in my brain are balanced. I did gain 3 pounds since on this although it was supposed to decrease appetite.

February 13, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by Me789 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I could do a commercial for this medication. It has completely turned everything around for me. I have always had anxiety, but it became significantly worse after having children. I feared being alone, ruminating thoughts, insomnia, panic over the insomnia, feeling like the worst mother, feeling like I couldn't care for myself or my children. I fought taking medication for so long. I finally gave in. I started with 25 mg and moved up to 50 mg. I began to feel better in a week, and I felt the full effects by 4 weeks. It has given me my life back. I'm happy. I'm not stressed. I feel normal again!

February 11, 2015 8:50 PM

Review by I'm JT:

For Depression: I have recently experienced a most unusual muscle reaction when I try to go to sleep. It's like my legs twist and contort, and I have no control over them. I recently reviewed side effects of Sertraline and noted this on several occasions in their warnings.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by Renee8914:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: This has been a miracle for me. I do have to take the name brand though. The fillers they use in generics tear my stomach up.

February 2, 2015 11:04 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft has helped me to be more social and therefore make more friends. It also makes me feel less awkward and just overall more happy.

February 1, 2015 10:44 PM

Review by calabsv (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: Just updating my progress with sertraline. It has saved my life. Before this little miraculous pill I was in a downward spiral. I'm a 37.male and always happy till I snapped one day with a panic attack. I upped my dose slowly as every increase will increase anxiety for a few days. Other wise I have had no problems with sex or erections.I can still enjoy a few wines. If you are suffering with panic or anxiety please try this medication and give it at least 3 months to work as no one should have to deal with feeling that way.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 1, 2015 12:25 AM

Review by Stuarttee (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Been on Zoloft for years and have never looked back. Although, one doctor reduced my dosage and had to up it again, after several weeks. Absolutely no side effects, unless you can call being cheerful, a bad thing!

January 29, 2015 11:44 PM

Review by Zatch:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Lately I've been having really bad panic attacks, migraines, night terrors/nightmares every night for three weeks I started Zoloft last night and it already started working within a night I'm more calm and feel like my old self already.

January 28, 2015 6:23 AM

Review by Lou1985 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: IT'S MY SAVIOR, I was in severe anxiety and depression for the last 6 months, it felt like there was no hope anymore, started taking Zoloft, and today is my 4th week. It's not that I don't feel depressed anymore, I FEEL HAPPY, enjoying every moment of life, I go to work full of motivation now, I feel like nothing can stress me out, you sound very confident in front of your colleagues. I am so thankful for this medicine, it gave me my potential, my efficiency and my life back. No significant side effects, other than weight gain.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 6:05 PM

Review by Winnie333 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have suffered from severe anxiety and panic attacks for almost 13 years. Literally every day I was anxious from the time I woke up until I went to bed. Racing thoughts, constant anxiety, and at one point would hardly go out in public fearing a panic attack. Zoloft has changed my life COMPLETELY!! No more racing thoughts or anxiety!! Feeling like a normal person again and actually enjoying life and even laughing! Took two months to start feeling full results. Main side effect was sleeping all the time and loss of appetite. Highly recommend!!

January 25, 2015 12:42 AM

Review by doesnotplaywellwithothers (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Worked quickly to get my post traumatic stress disorder symptoms under control. I was in real trouble (suicidal) and this medicine saved my life.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 2:07 PM

Review by lollipop759 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have suffered with depression since I was 16. When I was 21 I started to experience anxiety which developed into a full blown panic disorder. I was afraid of driving, going to work, being with friends, almost anything made me experience horrible physical sensations. In September 2014 I was prescribed prozac this increased my anxiety so was given an anti psychotic which worked but I did not feel anything I felt like a zombie. 5 weeks into taking sertraline I haven't had a panic attack since the first week and when I do get anxiety it goes away quickly and is much less intense. It has given me my confidence back and lifted my mood. For anyone suffering with panic disorder I would recommend giving this a try. I'm on 50mg a day.

January 24, 2015 1:29 PM

Review by Mirgirl (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago for panic attacks but I am having a hard time with the side effects. I feel like it has made my anxiety even worse but I am going to continue taking it until I get over the initial starting side effects.

January 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Review by LoveSupps:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft got rid of my anxiety (I have general anxiety) at 50 mg. At 75 Mg, my tics started improving greatly (lessening). Unfortunately though, Zoloft made me more depressed, in an apathetic way. I suspect it's the decrease in dopamine due to raising my serotonin. Dr is adding Wellbutrin. Maybe I'll get my sex drive back too (which Zoloft also squashed). Overall, for Anxiety, it works very well for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 21, 2015 4:41 PM

Review by BarbaricCupcakemuffin:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: My entire life I have had problems with severe anxiety, panic attacks, depression and portion control. (In other words I ate to make myself feel better). I was not overweight. I also would have Obsessive compulsive disorder thoughts for days, weeks, years about events that did not even matter. After taking Zoloft for two months all of my conditions as listed above has ceased to exist. I do not feel the need to eat all the time, I do not have OCD thoughts anymore, depression, anxiety, etc. has disappeared. It honestly brings me to tears thinking about suffering like I have for the past 22 years. Thank you, Zoloft.

January 20, 2015 4:55 PM

Review by SilasT:

For Anxiety and Stress: Great medicine for anxiety if you are patient and go slowly in titration. It can "activate" your anxiety at first and with dose increases but you need to stick through it. A when required benzodiazepine helps a lot at first. I'd start at 12.5 or 25 and slowly titrate every two weeks, that mitigates the side effects. I think anything between 50 to 100mg is perfect. Fast metabolizers may need more.

January 14, 2015 9:33 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: I started having panic attacks regularly. I couldn't be on my own, I was afraid of choking every time I ate. It was awful. I lost about 25 pounds in a very short amount of time and couldn't get any of my school work done without suffering from anxiety. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and began taking a variety of medications--eventually I was prescribed Zoloft. It took about a month to kick in but ever since then I have not had a full blown panic attack (although I occasionally suffer from bouts of anxiety). For the most part I would say I seem to suffer from very few side effects--I would say I am more lethargic than normal, sometimes I have trouble falling asleep at night, and I have a decreased sex drive. But no more panic attacks!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 12, 2015 11:33 PM

Review by 37505253:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Well, I'm sitting here in the ER after having increased my Zoloft dosage. It was absolutely horrific! I think I am very sensitive to medications. When I was on 25mg for the first 3 days, everything went well. When I increased to 50mg, as directed, I had every side effect for Serotonin Syndrome imaginable. Now I don know if I should discontinue or go back to the lower M.g.'s.

January 9, 2015 7:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have had depression since I can remember. Lost lots of relations because of it. Got on it eleven years ago and have more friends then ever.

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Review by Duls (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Zoloft gives me no negative side effects, no weight gain, no "zombie" effect, the only problem is that it makes me pretty restless when trying to fall asleep, but it isn't a huge problem. It really helps me with my agoraphobia, two months ago I could barely leave the house. I also tried Paxil, Prozac, and Lexapro - all of which did not help much. Zoloft it is.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 10:07 AM

Review by nyse (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been taking sertraline for a 3 1/2 weeks and I would have to say it was my best decision. It took me a while to say I was depressed and when I did my Dr. Started with 50 mg and I couldn't feel better. I would definitely recommend. Stop all bad thoughts, made me calmer, and able to deal with life outside of my bed.

January 1, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by crun3 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I started taking Zoloft in 1993 after 5 years of intense suffering from anxiety which led to depression. I had relentlessly recurring unpleasant thoughts that I could not control, starting from just a moment after I'd wake up in the morning and continuing all day, leaving me exhausted. The demands of my first professional job and impending marriage broke me and I finally agreed to use medication. I went on 50mg and after 3 weeks it felt like a miracle occurred. I put my troubles behind me and immediately got on with life. I still had breakthrough anxiety and had lots of supplemental meds over the years, such as Buspar and Trazodone, and Zoloft to 75,100,150 mg. I settled on 100mg 10 years ago. I use Clonazepam rarely when it gets intense.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate