User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 791 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by Foxyslm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for : I developed anxiety over a couple months and would eventually not leave my house or my bedroom. I was not sleeping and could not eat either. OB did blood tests and told me I was premenopausal and prescribed Zoloft. It has been a miracle for me. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever and have been taking it for a year. Did not want to have to rely on meds but I don't know how I would be without it.

December 17, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by waterfirewind12 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Asking my doctor about Zoloft was one of the best decisions for me. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I feel like a new person now. I didn't even fully realize how bad it was until taking Zoloft. I didn't want to take meds, I thought my anxiety was just part of who I was and something I would have to deal with forever. Zoloft has changed my life.

December 12, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I took Zoloft for a couple of years...it worked great for depression but it absolutely killed my sex drive.

December 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable).

December 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in..

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Dan1234321 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: This medication is great for depression, however, I am not really feeling much change in Social Phobia - except for preventing blushing, but not in all situations. I have been on it for 5 1/2 weeks so I am still giving it time. The side effects are easily coped with, and it didn't escalate my anxiety to begin with, although it made me very drowsy.

December 4, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by Dan1234321:

For Depression: This medication works great for depression, even at lower doses (50mg). It generally makes you happier, but only after a few weeks. In the first week it may make you more depressed (and anxious). It started working in the third week for (moderate) depression.

December 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I've been on 50mg of Zoloft for three weeks now... it seems to be working pretty well. My obsessive thoughts started to have trouble materializing in my mind then before I knew it.. I started to feel like myself again and the thoughts and anxiety seem to have diminished.

November 29, 2014 5:16 PM

Review by Anon321:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Did NOT want to take meds, but I am so glad I finally hit rock bottom and decided Zoloft was an option worth considering. Seriously, it has completely changed my life. As long as you have a reputable therapist/doctor giving you the meds, there should be no major issues. Had some problems with sleep at first, but I started taking melatonin at night and now it's all good.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 26, 2014 3:23 AM

Review by traciii (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: After trying just therapy for panic disorder, major depressive, and general anxiety I finally gave in and starting taking Zoloft. THANK GOD! I haven't had a single panic attack in 5 years when at one point I was having them up to ten times a day! I have had zero side effects. I also took it through pregnancy. I'm 28 and I'm fine with taking Zoloft forever, living without anxiety is just amazing!

November 25, 2014 11:16 AM

Review by Cnels38:

For Social Anxiety Disorder: I've been on Zoloft for 25 days and it's done the opposite of help me. It has made my confidence go down and caused a lot of antisocial behavior in me.

November 23, 2014 8:25 PM

Review by Amazed and Grateful (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have ALWAYS suffered from anxiety and depression. It has been my experience that meds often do not act "typically" when I take them, so I was wary of sertraline. I started out with 25 mg per day from my psychiatris. When he prompted me to increase to 50 mg, I did so, and experienced the "zoned-out" feeling of unreality--not scary--just distracting. When I stay at 25 mg per day, I feel normal. Anxiety is at a minimum, and depression is manageable. I feel fortunate and blessed. I just wonder why such a low dose for me has such a huge positive impact. Anyone else experience this phenomenom?

November 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Review by Molly woppit:

For Bipolar Disorder: Zoloft brought me out of a deep depression nothing else worked. I am concerned it will make me manic as im bipolar 1, so far so good. I do get a tremor with it but I'm also on lithium.

November 21, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Feel so good when it finally start working at day #15. Feel calm in public for the first time in my life. Only cons is not able to orgasm and increased sweating.

November 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!

November 16, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was diagnosed with GAD about four months ago, and I started taking 25mg of Zoloft daily. It works wonders!! I'm more calm and able to do things that I used to.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 10, 2014 4:41 PM

Review by Jose88:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Excellent for this condition!!

November 9, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by catpack:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking sertraline for 2 months it has helped with some symptoms. It has made me feel quite low at tmes I am now taking 200mg but I am not quite convinced it is the right meds for me.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!

November 3, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by thx4sharron (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I had major depression from the time I started menstruating. It would cycle with my cycle. It caused paranoia, and fear of being seen outside my home. It feared going to my mail box, yet, at times I would sign up to do things like be an Avon Lady! I felt crazy. In my mid 30's, divorced, alcoholic, my doctor prescribed Prozac. It didn't seem to help me. Later in recovery but still profoundly depressed, she put me on Zoloft and the result was instantaneous. I felt like a window to my life had been opened. I wasn't afraid. I looked forward to getting out of bed. I found things I liked to do. I have a healthy relationship, a good job, a life. I have been given my life back. Now, I am 16 years sober. Thank you Zoloft.

November 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Review by There's hope!! Read this!:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Just a few weeks ago I was reading all these reviews in tears. I am a 36 yr old mother of two & suddenly I started having panic attacks. I was so scared to start taking Zoloft because I thought it would "change" me, or make me feel "off." This was SO not the case! I tried everything natural I could first-- but I was still having anxiety regularly. I was also having negative thoughts that I could not stop, I would have to actively try not to think about certain things, and I really struggled with that. I have been on Zoloft about 2 weeks and all of that has stopped! I feel happy! I didn't even realize I had been in a funk, I feel so so SO much better now. To anyone reading this, you're not alone, it can and will get better!

October 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Review by HanGal:

For Depression: On my 14th day of sertraline and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Admittedly the first week was pretty terrible, it worsened my depression and anxiety quite alot but now that's eased, I feel wonderful! I was in such a state before, nothing made sense - I literally couldn't enjoy anything. I finally feel like I'm going to get my life back, and can once again enjoy the sun on my face.

October 28, 2014 8:30 AM

Review by jackman7800:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: My obsessive compulsive disorder is lifted and is relieved almost immediately best pill ever!

October 27, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Sig (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Generic Sertraline gave me some relief but it made me jittery and gave me headaches. After reading testimonials I insisted on the name brand Zoloft. so glad I did. It's like a completely different medicine. More relaxed and not full of negative thinking. I still get overly anxious if something stressful happens but it doesn't last long. Side effects are more tolerable, though it does make me tired.

October 27, 2014 2:11 AM

Review by hii (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Not helping for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. On max dose now, and still nothing. I get this feeling of the skin on my head contracting...I don't know if that's normal.

October 25, 2014 1:27 PM