User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 1025 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was prescribed 50mg for the first week and 100 every day afterwards. After the sertraline took effect I went from having usually daily anxiety attacks to having one approximately every 2 months, which is definitely a huge improvement and much more manageable. The only side effects I had were some appetite loss (which was very much needed since I was borderline obese before) and the usual sexual dysfunction, but that wore off after a couple of months."

dtmplus August 30, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "in the year 1997 I was suffering form severe depression. Was put on 100mg of Zoloft and Busperone. I am taking zoloft now for eighteen years. Busperone for fifteen years. I am now off Busperone. Afraid to go off zoloft, don't ever want to go through what I went through for many years. I was on zoloft for 18 years, I have now droped down to 50mg. Plan to go on 25mg soon."

snowremoveal (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on escitalopram for 10 years, I am in full blown menopause, and my anxiety and depression has increased, the doc has put me on sertraline 50mg, I'm on day 4 and feel sick and keep having bouts of tearfulness, just wandering how long it has took for this to pass, I hate having this all over again"

NettieDodar August 29, 2015

For Depression: "I've been sort of depressed or slightly anxious always. Started 50 mg sertraline daily 6 years ago. Great from the start, the only negative effects I ever experienced were from not taking it sometimes. It leveled out a few years ago and it probably needs to be upped by 25 mg daily. It has worked many wonders for me but I need to really chill out a little bit more, maybe this will do it."

g.d.g. (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 23, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have had anxiety attacks since i was 24. I was on Prozac for almost 15 years and it really helped. I went off it on my doctor's advice, saying I could cure it with diet and exercise, about 6 months later I was in a terrible position and dreaded life. I saw a psychiatrist that I paid out of pocket because Covered CA tries to get you to see people with MA Degrees in counseling. Of course, they are much cheaper. The very kind Psychiatrist empathized with me and said I should not have to feel this way. He put me on Sertraline, starting on 50mg working my way up to 300mg over two months, the first 2-3 weeks were hard. I had some sexual side effects that are gone now and I feel like a normal person again. I am extremely happy with this."

Eric CA August 22, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I just started taking this medication for anxiety and panic disorder it seems to be helping already but I'm only on 25 milligrams going to up it to 50 tonight I hope it works if anyone can give me feedback I would appreciate it"

Aball August 19, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I finally decided to get help with my anxiety and depression after many years of battling it. My doc prescribed me this and I was excited, to think I was finally going to get my life back. I'm a 23 with 2 kids and a wonderful husband who now have to watch me cry in panic everyday. It has made it harder for me to work or be around people. Even after 3 weeks of being off the medication I still feel the effect of it. I feel worse, I'm constantly in panic and scared of something that I have no control over. I am now constantly thinking about death in hopes that there is an afterlife. Something I have coped with years ago but its back. This medicine didn't do any good for me it did the exact opposite. Please take caution when taking this."

Scary experience (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Okay I know these meds are supposed to help people but I have been on a train to hell with these dang antidepressants! Zoloft....ICK!!!! My god in heaven I was sick for eight weeks on this stuff!! It never went away in fact the longer I was on it the sicker I seemed to get. I lost five pounds and just the sight or thought of food made me want to throw up! It made me feel even more depressed the whole time I was on it...I felt like a zombie, I was tired ALL of the time. Finally I threw I away. My husband decided he wanted to give it a shot so he went to the Dr to get a prescription for it. 8 weeks later he was worse!"

queenbee2278 August 17, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I just wanted to write a review for anxiety, I am 34 year old female, and all the sudden one day I had bad anxiety, that I couldn't control.well this time it didn't, I felt nerouse, heart races and just sick to my stomach. So I went to the dr. and she prescribed me Sertraline 25 mgs. Well the first 2 1/2 weeks were horrible bc it made my anxiety worse and I had lots of side effects, I had diariah, hot flashes, and over active reflexes in my leg. I made many calls to the dr. she said I was fine, bc I kept thinking everything was wrong with me. Finallly after 3 weeks I felt better!! Stick With it, also was prescribed Xanax to help in the meantime!!"

shawn m August 17, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Hi I am 26 years old female, I would like to share this story to help others. I have depression for four years, which lead to mayor anxiety. I was becoming a recluse and I had an explosive temper, it was affecting everything I was doing. When I was first diagnosed I was put on small dosage of Citalopram and then increased to the maximum dosages. The counsellors and doctors thought I was over the crisis after a year and half of treatment, but then a had a terrible relapse. I was placed back on Citalopram, but I felt like I was drowning. So after few tries with other medication they put me on Sertraline and I can honestly say it's been a gift from God. My mood is brighter and now I feel like I can live and get on with me life."

Sertraline have helped my life August 16, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Hello all! I started zoloft 4 years ago (at age 22) for GAD/panic. The first 3/5 weeks I wanted to die from the side effects- extreme nausea, lack of appitite (lost 15 lbs on my 125lb frame) cold sweats, anxiety increase, insomnia, and feeling overall HOPELESS! I started on 50 mg and increased to a therapeutic level of 100mg. Over the last 4 years I have been on top of the world traveling, camping, building a home and have slowly decreased my zoloft to 12.5mg a day for the past year. 3 weeks ago I got lazy about taking my medicine and didn't take it for 3 or 4 days in a row, then remembered and started taking it again. 2 days later it was like I was starting from square 1(all the same effects) Don't fix what isn't broken-don't stop zoloft"

marie91011 August 14, 2015

For Depression: "I am female, 27, UK based. I got this drug on prescription and it costs me £8.75 per month. I have suffered with depression from being around 15 years old and have always been on Citalopram. After a while it stopped working so I weaned off it and stopped taking medication altogether. Big Mistake, depression came back after about 2 months. Went to docs and was prescribed Sertraline, within two weeks it has worked wonders. I am not completely consumed by my depression, I am a lot less paraniod, negative and irritable. Its worked wonders already! I had a night of anxiety but it passed quite quickly. I'm on 50mg and take it in the mornings. It helps me stay awake all day too! Highly recommended."

Kirsty.Louise August 14, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I wanted to update my progress on sertraline. I have been taking 100 mg of zoloft for over a year now. I still have normal anxiety and the occasional panic attack but it has made my life 100% better. I'm not scared to go to work any more and actually enjoy life again.even opening my own business. I have never suffered sexual side effects and can even drink . If you need anti depressants just use them. That's what they are there for. It does not make you weak or less of a man. When you have a headache you take a pill for your head. If you have an anxiety disorder take zoloft, it's just a pill. Hope this helps anyone deciding what to do."

calabsv (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 13, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been taking Sertraline for 3 months now for anxiety, I started with 50mg and have had very bad mood swings, aggression attacks and feeling of throwing up for roughly a week, however after that I started to feel much better until a month later, I was feeling just like before taking the medicine (anxious) . So the doctor increased my dosage to 100mg, and had even worst side effects, very severe mood swings, aggression attacks at anything, hungry all the time and fatigue, this has lasted for a month, however now, two months after increasing my dosage, I have been feeling much much better. Bottom line, I say give I time to work, about a month, and if you didn't feel better, then you should talk to your doctor, don't give up on it "

SS123 August 11, 2015

For Depression: "Hi all. As a summary, please continue using your meds and keep in touch with your doctor. I don't know your personal case but it helped me and I feel better than before I had symptoms. The first 4 months were awful feeling weak, victim. Thanks to my wife's support I continued. 5-7 months things seemed to bother me less and less. I started focusing on solutions rather than problems. 8-10 months(now) I feel powerful and can stand against the issues and people that bothers me. Keep in mind again, everybody is different and this med may not be your cure. It helped me and I helped myself for getting better. I gave 8 out of 10 because of initial side effects. For me it turned out that it is worth."

New me (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 7, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My Healthcare Provider switched my 20mg daily dose of Lexapro to Zoloft. I was to completely stop Lexapro and begin Zoloft with a dose of 200 mg daily. That was 6 months ago. I am not having a good experience with Zoloft. My dosage was adjusted down over a period of 3 weeks to 50 mg. My mind was constantly whirling with anxiety, my mood was total chaos, swinging from depressed to mad. My alcohol consumption was increased both by quantity and frequency. My appetite increased in the frequency of hunger and the amount of food I consume, but I never seem to hit the full feeling. I am seesawing between 100 to 200 mg daily at this time, trying to totally stop Zoloft. Main reasons; weight gain (30lbs in 4 months ) & increased alcohol craving"

Spirits August 5, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I have taken 25mg for anxiety for 8 years. I went off when pregnant but anxiety returned upon delivery. I can not say enough how much this drug has helped me. I don't do the whole "I want to feel good on my own" thing anymore. I accept that I will always have anxiety but with Zoloft I live a normal life now. If I have a health scare and it comes on a bit I can still cope so much better now. I am so thankful for Zoloft."

EleshaIn August 2, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I absolutely hate the fact of depending on a pill to be normal. Well it got to the point where I wouldn't leave my room I couldn't even go outside without being scared to death of everything I had panic attacks most of the day. Travelling scared me even though that's what I used to live for and I couldn't eat unless my fianc"

PleaseReadForTheTruth August 1, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "The first week was the hardest, but I found that taking Xanax made the side effects easier to handle. After 7 days, I started noticing a difference. I hope I continue to improve as time passes"

tinpet (taken for less than 1 month) July 29, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "About 2 years ago I started experiencing the worst panic attacks of my life. I thought I was having a pulmonary embolism & went to the emergency room twice. After blood work, ECGs, heart monitors and chest X-rays I finally accepted I was suffering from anxiety. I went to see my Dr & I've been on Zoloft 50mg for approximately 10 months. The first 3 months on zoloft honestly were the worst months of my life. My anxiety was 10 times worst, I was experiencing horrible insomnia, dry mouth and a permanent yawn. The side effects have subsided and I'm so thankful to be anxiety free even though it took almost 4 months. I would definitely recommend Zoloft and tell everyone to just stick out the first few months! Good luck! You are not alone :)"

Chellll24 July 28, 2015

For Depression: "Well, I have been depressed the most of my life. Not like I couldn't function, but just depressed like a normal state of mind. In 2011 I was on Mirtzapine and in this year, my world changed. I started m own business and I builded my own cooperation. Stress got me. I couldn't sleep without Zopiclone or Zolpidem to aid me. Stress leaded to anxiety and depression. My doctor prescribed several benzodiazepines and allmost got addicted to these. One day he said: "This is medicine for anxiety (Sertraline). Take these. It'll help you. The first two weeks (today) was unbearable with headache, rapid heart beats, strange thoughts, feeeling nausee, cold/warm-experinces, and I almost gave up. So glad I didn't, I am balanced, my thoughts are clear."

Nick_Denmark July 28, 2015

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "After living with horrible PMS symptoms for over 2 years, a doctor diagnosed me with PMDD. I had 3 weeks of pure hell and 1 week (my period) of feeling semi-normal. The mood swings were so intense, I felt like it wasn't me. I could feel myself getting emotional but I could not stop it. It was like I was outside looking back at myself. Extreme highs and extreme lows. I was violent and unstable. After about a month of being on the meds (25mg) I felt more normal than I had in 2 years. They really saved me. 6 months in (1pill a day) I am back to being myself. Side effects I have had: decreased sexual desire, dry mouth, some bouts of mild depression, dry mouth, nausea. I'm very happy with the medication."

Samela67 July 28, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been in sertraline for 4 months now as I suffer from anxiety and stress. Here is my experience. As an 18 year old teenager I suffer from anxiety due to family issues. I went to the doctors and they prescribed me with these tablets and counselling. I took my tablets and attended counselling. The first few weeks of taking my tablets I felt awful , shaking, dizzy, being sick, heart was racing like mad and I felt just unwell. When a month went past I felt a lot calmer and a lot more controlled. 4 months later at this moment in time I am having a bit of anxiety due to more stress. Still on the tablets but hopefully it should calm down soon. I am very aware of anyone who suffers from anxiety how hard it is. :)"

barker1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I'm 14 years old with OCD. I tried Prozac and it just made me make decisions that weren't like me. Ive been on Zoloft for awhile and it's really helping. I haven't obsessed at ALL. I just don't overthink and I live a great life."

Jay man July 27, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have been taking zoloft for years to treat OCD Depression and anxiety. It works great for these however my orgasm take forever and are significantly less stimulating. Should u try to go off these med from time to time to see if you even need them anymore? Or try a newer med with less sexual side effects."

McShane (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 27, 2015