User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 740 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by hassanb (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Best medication for social anxiety disorder with somatisation. I take 100mg of Zoloft, less side effects than other antidepressants.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 18, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by lokoroy:

For Anxiety and Stress: Good.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by crazyukman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been on sertraline for about 6 months now and I have started to notice I am much more confident in social situations and outside the house. I suffer with Bipolar 2 and anxiety and often won't leave the house because of this anxiety. My social anxiety is much better on sertraline compared with other SSRIs. It has made getting to sleep more difficult, but I tend to take the tablet mid-afternoon which helps. It's had no effect on my trichotillomania and not a huge effect during my depressive periods. The mood stabilizer lamotrigine has been a better antidepressant.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 3:54 PM

Review by echo111:

For Depression: I have been using sertraline for about 3 months now. I was worried about the side effects of the medication, but I am really pleased with the results. I started on 25 mg and then increased the dose to 50mg after 1 month. This drug has been phenomenal for me. I am a 25 year old female who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression and anxiety. I was worried about weight gain, but I have actually lost weight while on this medicine. My mood is much more stable and predictable, I don't cry or feel down like I used too. Consulting with a doctor and trying an anti-depressant is truly one of the best decisions I've made.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by Gimp (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Suffered from anxiety most of my life, then around 23 suffered a panic attack which caused me problems until my late 40's when my doctor put me on Zoloft. Huge turnaround. Zero anxiety. While I don't think I'll ever forget the fear of panic attacks, I haven't had one since, and can do most things I used to be afraid of, Long Bridges, Elevators, etc.

August 2, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by sammy87 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder I was very hesitant at the start to try medications and thought I'll battle through with the help of therapy. 3 months later I gave in for medication. Couldn't get through a day without my anxiety being an obstacle. Was prescribed Zoloft for the first time at 25mg. For the first week things were fine just the usual upset stomach and dry mouth nothing I couldn't handle but surprisingly it made me depressed (never was) but anxiety DID settle a little (hence 5/10). Then was pushed up to 50mg... the upset stomach stopped the dry mouth decreased but restlessness and insomnia kicked in including the zombie feeling. This went on for over 2 weeks but had to stop, it was affecting my work. Withdrawal symptoms, depression.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 21, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Narelle 00:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Anxiety spiraled out of control over just a month following 18 months of grief, job loss and moving. I couldn't leave the house and was prescribed Zoloft 12.5mg, the side effects were pretty bad (no appetite, trembles and night sweats) but within two weeks these side effects passed and I began returning back to my old self 6 weeks later. I slowly built up to 175mg over 6 months and stayed at that dose for 1 year. Now, two years later, I have almost forgotten about anxiety and have begun reducing very very slowly (about 12.5mg every couple of months). I'm now taking 137.5mg and feel good, thank you Zoloft.

July 20, 2014 5:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Just to update the post I made Oct. 21, 2013. It's been a year and I'm at 50 mg and great. Whenever I feel that panic creeping in, I can talk myself through it and it is so much less intense. And I don't stress out about having another episode. Before Zoloft, the most problematic part of my panic was the constant fear of having another panic attack. This has really improved my life a great deal.

July 14, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by loknath:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft is really good.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Review by Hailey L:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I lost my mom at the age of 20, I am now 24 and been on Zoloft 150 MG for the past 3 years, I can't believe the difference this medication has made. Zoloft gave me my life back, no longer have panic attacks, constant crying, and crazy thoughts! I would recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from depression! Thank you Zoloft!

July 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by Kieare (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have anxiety and depression. I was really against taking medication so I tried to resolve my issues myself. Needless to say, it never worked. I had been going through periods of depersonalization, feeling extremely down, suicidal and hopeless. I really thought life wasn't worth living anymore. It got so bad that I ended up in the hospital. I started taking 50 mg Zoloft and honestly it has been a life changer. I don't experience depersonalization anymore. My mood has been lifted so much that I don't feel down anymore, suicidal or hopeless. If you're afraid to take medicines please just give it a try. You won't regret it. Celexa didn't work for me, but I was determined to find a medicine that would. The key is to be patient.

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by Collegeguy123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: 20 year old male. After failing 2 of my college classes in one semester, decided it was time to do something about my increasing depression. Doctor started me on Zoloft. Took about 4 weeks to start to notice the effects. Occasional shakes. Memory loss was frequent. Immediately noticed a decrease in sex drive and wasn't a problem until I started dating again and couldn't get it up the first time I got with my current girlfriend. Luckily she is understanding. My doctor is switching me to Wellbutrin. If it wasn't for the decreased sex drive I probably would have stayed on it.

June 20, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Soundchain (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have now been on Zoloft for 2 months and happy to report, I'm no longer NEEDING my oxazepam everyday YAY! Side effects I got were crazy heart palpitations, fatigue but both of these have subdued, mind you, it took 7 wks to do so, so for anyone just starting on it, stick it out. Its helped a lot with my anxiety.

June 17, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by Chickieboom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was under huge amounts of stress. Divorce, Lost my home my car and no child support. Then 2 of my kids left for college. I went on like this for 3 years and finally broke down. I couldn't function I couldn't go out in public, I hated life, l felt like the worst person in the world and wanted to die. I finally went to the doc. She gave me 50mg and it made my anxiety sky rocket...helped my depression though. Cut me back to 25mg No luck, went back to 50mg with Ativan as needed. Finally after 2 months I went up to 100 mg with clonazepam as needed and now I am depression and anxiety free and no more clonazepam. No more negative ruminating thoughts, no more feelings of worthlessness. It has brought me back to life which I have not felt for YEARS!

June 17, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by LovingMyTwins (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I've been on Zoloft for 2 months. I've have massive depression after I had my twins. I had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of just letting go.I went to the doctor for help and he prescribed me Zoloft 25mg but the 25mg wasn't working. So I took 50mg and it is awesome. I feel myself again like I was 18. No worries in the world. Just felling like life was life again. Thanks to Zoloft I got my life back.

June 14, 2014 6:31 PM

Review by Buckeyefan03:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I started taking birth control for acne a month ago and felt as if my anxiety had only gotten worse. After talking to my doctor she recommended I try a low dose of Zoloft. I've been on the medication for a week and have had 2 panic attacks. One yesterday as my plane was taking off. The most embarrassing experience ever! The flight attendants had to get me a bag to throw up in and had ice over the back of my neck. Today I am feeling exhausted and with down. I have read there are serious side effects within the first 2 weeks of taking this medication so I'm hoping I start to feel better. I am def. cutting out any coffee, energy drinks or alcohol.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Review by sedonagreg (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: It took a couple weeks to notice any positive affects. It does help with depression. The big negative is the loss of the ability to achieve an orgasm.

June 8, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by MInnieJohnny:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft 100mg for 8 yrs now since my first experience of postpartum depression after my 2nd child, (I have always had panic attacks and depression it runs in my family, it has been working great until I had my 3rd child I had another bout of post partum depression. Dr tried to up my dose done this for one week made me have major side effects hot flashes, mood changes, zombie feeling so I went back down to my 100mg, I finally pulled out of it for awhile but I had a close friend pass away back in Dec 2013 and I already had health anxiety and I have had fears of dying since I had my 3rd child. I don't want to leave my children alone, the last 2 months have been the worst and I'm still taking Zoloft 100mg.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by Onehappygal:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have suffered from SEVERE PMS for years. I am a very positive upbeat person. I hate the fact that my PMS caused me such stress. I couldn't think clearly, would fly off the handle and nothing. My husband and children felt the effects of it each month. I just wanted to run far far away and jump out of my skin. I couldn't handle it anymore. After explaining this to my PCP, she thought Zoloft would help me. Advised me to take 25 mg for 7 days, then increase to 50mg. I'm not kidding you, after 2 days I saw a huge change. I finally had energy! It has been 2 months now and I never increased to 50mg. The 25mg did the trick! I no longer have PMS. I think clearer than I have in years. My mind doesn't race. I'm calm and I have my life back. Thank God!

June 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Review by Olivex:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking sertraline since October of 2013 (eight months). I started out with a low dosage (25mg I believe) and slowly worked my way up to 75mg. It did take some time for the anxiety to really be drowned out but it has done wonders for me. I remember the day I went to the doctors, feeling fed up that my anxiety had really taken control of my life- work, school, relationships were all negatively affected by it. I was crying everyday at this point. I lost my father to cancer and the battle was very hard on me for three years. The sertraline has done wonders for me. I honestly feel like myself again- I do not feel any "high" or anything that I would not want to feel. I honestly appreciate this medicine as it has saved my life.

June 6, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by legakris:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: For me, this medication did not work on a lower dose of 50 mg, 100 mg, or even 150 mg. My depression got better once I was increased to 200 mg, which is the therapeutic limit, but this may be because my depression was incredibly severe -extremely suicidal, and not functioning at all. However, after taking this medication for a little over a year, I have come to the realization that it no longer is working for me, and I am experiencing what my psychiatrist calls a "poop out," which is apparently something most SSRIs can do. I would recommend Zoloft (Sertraline) to anyone who has depression. It has honestly been the best medication for me, but for now, I need to try something new.

May 29, 2014 7:38 PM

Review by Carriepotter:

For Depression: I love sertraline, I can honestly say this medicine has given me my life back after crippling anxiety and depression. I feel back to my old self and able to get on with life

May 27, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by ajt12098 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is not a complete review because I've only been taking Sertraline for a short time, but it may help new users on side effects. I started noticing right away I was happier, but I also had a lot of the uncommon side effects like drug-induced panic attacks and jitters among others. The doctor told me to continue so I hope those feelings subside because that's the reason I began this medication in the first place - not to have them! Crossing fingers.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 25, 2014 12:34 AM

Review by Mh63 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I had my first panic attack almost two years ago. It spiraled from there and I started having panic attacks so bad when I was driving that it got to a point where I could not drive at all. I also had panic attacks when I was trying to fall asleep. I told myself and my doctor I wanted to "beat" this without any medicine. I started counseling, and while that helped a little, it wasn't enough. Finally I told my doctor I was ready to start meds and it is the best thing I have done for myself! The first few weeks were pretty rough, and my anxiety increased during that time. But after four weeks I started feeling much better. Now I can drive again and my anxiety is 90% better. And what remains of it is much more easily controlled.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by Jazminnn:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I decided to visit a psychiatrist for the first time 2 weeks ago because I have been dealing with anxiety and mild depression for almost 2 years. He prescribed me sertraline 50mg. I didn't start until a week later because I was scared (anxiety) about taking medicine for the first time and the possible consequences so I kept reading about it especially in this site. So after taking the medication for a week (first 5 days I only took half a pill per day) I can only say that it's been a positive experience. My anxiety is almost gone and I feel much happier and calmed. I can study and work without feeling anxious and fearful or depressed feeling sad.Cons: thirsty all the time; dry mouth. During the first 5 days only I felt sleepy and a little bit numb.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate