User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Trichotillomania 3 reviews 3 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1191 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on antidepressants since I was 15, now 23. Sertraline was great at first, changed my life for the better. Some side affects: sweating, migraines. Been on them for 5 years now and they stopped working about 12 months ago."

PhoebeD23 February 8, 2016

For Depression: "I was on this firstly for social anxiety disorder , after 1 month I felt pleased, happy and had interest in doing any thing then I concluded that I had mild depression but it has done nothing for my SAD, but it helped by giving me the desire to socialize .. my ratings : 10 for depression and 6 for SAD"

Hish-Ovech (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on zoloft for since October 29th so about 3 months and I'm not as suicidal but the depression hasn't really gone away (I'm on 50mgs so maybe it's just talking longer to set in"

bearBae February 6, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This is an excellent antidepressant. It really helps lift you out of the black clouds. It's also energizing and weight neutral. I highly recommend."

branman February 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "My doctor started me on 50mg sertraline almost two weeks ago, I still feel just as bad as I did when I went... I have hot sweats, restless legs at night and heart palpitations. I'm hoping this will pass soon or will go back to the doctors."

anderson77777 February 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Normally I would never write a review on a drug, but I've had such a positive experience with sertraline that I really want to help others with my experience. I've always suffered with severe anxiety & low mood, particularly in winter. I had a rough time with my PhD not going to plan several months ago & started to feel worse and worse, feeling anxious and panicky all the time. After cbt failed to work, I finally agreed to try sertraline. I was terrified of taking drugs, terrified of side effects and feeling worse. Started on 50mg, had a little nausea and anxiety but not too bad. After 3 weeks my doctor upped me to 100mg. 3 months later & my anxiety has almost entirely gone & my mood is always good! I'm so happy I gave this drug a chance!"

Belle79 February 4, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Hi Everyone, I've recently been offered a very good job in the insurance industry training bank staff on insurance products and doing presentations to different people EVERY DAY. I am an insurance specialist but have never had to present to strangers let alone present to a new bank with new people every day. I'm in day 3 of my new role, first day went shaky, but okay. Second day went alot better, but this morning my social anxiety got the better of me and I choked in my presentation this morning. My words came out wrong, I started shaking and sweating. I had to get up for a glass of water. I couldn't continue and I felt embarrassed in from of a crowd of people listening to "the expert". I blamed it on my asthma. What do I do???"

Insurance Man2 February 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was switched over to this medication after taking celexa for 6 years and a trial run of cymbyax. I know you have to wait for medications to work, so I stuck it out. 2 months later and nothing had changed. My anxiety gets so bad that I actually crash (sleep, fatigue). It's like my mind goes 100 mph and I go just as fast. My anger outburst got worse as my anxiety kicked into high gear after taking this. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for the next person! It works great for my sister in law, but for me it just made things worse."

Mommabear86 February 3, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "This medication has saved my life, I feel so relaxed on zoloft. Works extremely well for anxiety, panic disorders. Makes me drowsy but otherwise its great, I would recommend this."

ShawnaL977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My depression began slowly at first, then all at once I couldn't bear myself anymore. I am a sophomore in college (female). In the evenings and going on into the night, my mood dropped so fast and I would get so sad over nothing. After talking to a counsellor, and making the tough choice to medicate, she put me on a starting dose of 50 MG Zoloft. After taking the first pill, I was doing some research and had myself so freaked out that night that the side effects would be awful. I was so worried I would have to skip work or class. I have been on the medication a few weeks now and I had zero problems! I could not be more impressed. My moods are already stabilizing and I feel so much better already! Good luck to anyone starting!!"

collegekid (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

For Depression: "Excellent meds for depression ! Saved my life , my relationship, my job , my friends and family. Side effect for me ... Have to take it on an empty stomache or major heartburn . Also another side effect is it's difficult to ejaculate .."

Stealth2016 January 29, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was diagnosed with depression about 6 months ago and started with a very low dose of prozac. About 3 months later I was institutionalized and switched to Zoloft. Most of the people there for depression were on it and it worked for them. However, it does not work for me at all. I've been on 100 mg for about 2 months and I feel jittery when I sit for too long or when I'm trying to sleep, I get really grouchy and rude (which is unusual for me) , and things that only bothered me before make me really depressed."

Kendalld January 29, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I took Sertraline for about a month. I know that typically it takes longer for SSRIs and other psychiatric medication to truly begin working, but the adverse effects I experienced from this drug were way too much to handle. For one, I couldn't sleep at all...like I mean at all. I lost so much weight from my lack of appetite that I actually ended up having to go to the hospital. Not to mention, my anxiety/panic attacks were so severe I almost got admitted to an inpatient facility. My only advice would be watch out for any sign of severe weight loss. I had pretty horrible experiences on this drug...I wish you all the best of luck."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 29, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "For the past 9 months I have had a mixed major depressive/anxiety episode. I have started therapy from the beginning of the episode which helped me cope for a while but it was going nowhere.Finally went to see a psychiatrist last week and was put on 50mg Zoloft. Don't know if it's placebo or not but I'm already starting to feel better. My anxiety level has gone down and I'm feeling more clear minded , level headed and hopeful. The first days 4 were hell because it was making me nauseated , bloated and extremely tired and restless at the same time.On day 7 now , and I'm feeling great."

DAT20 January 28, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "Wow is all I can say. I didn't realize just how bad I really was until I started taking Zoloft. I lived in a world fighting panic every day....so angry and depressed. I didn't even know who I was anymore. I've been taking 50 mg daily for 2 weeks and am a completely different person. The side effects were minimal and manageable the first week and now are gone. Thank you Zoloft!!!!!"

Jennifer O January 25, 2016

For Depression: "I was having suicidal thoughts really bad before taking sertraline. I also used to run off from my friend at Macy's while shopping with her and one minute I would be standing next to her and next minute I was gone and I kept running off from my mom and my friend Tina and I confessed to my mom that I have a problem and that I need to do something about it and my mom took me to the doctor and I told my doctor I think I am depressed and he put me on sertraline 25 mg once a day and I found out I was depressed and had severe major depression. Things are a lot better now since I've been on sertraline for a long time."

SANDY BRABSON (taken for 10 years or more) January 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "This Zoloft really help me in my time of struggle when I was diagnosed with cancer.Zoloft became my best friend."

Semone (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft (Lustral/ Sertraline) UK) on and off for 20 years. I trust it. I have never written about it online or discussed it much with anybody other than medical professionals. I am writing this for those that are in the first 6 weeks of treatment. I take 50-150mg, usually the maintenance dose of 50mg is enough. Sometimes I will take it up to 75mg and rarely up to 100mg. On 50mg, no side effects at all after 8 weeks of treatment. 75mg and upward causes problems in the man department for me. I change dose at /- 25mg at a time. I would never dream of going straight to 50mg, but that's just me. Weeks 3-6 you to just have to grin and bear it. You will not feel like that forever, it goes away and you will feel well. I promise."

GeorgeJungle7053 January 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was put on Zoloft a few years ago when I became very depressed (I also have anxiety and have had it pretty much my whole life which made it worse) and I've been on it ever since. I feel much better now about myself and my perspectives on things however I don't know if it was from the drug, time or therapy especially because I was finally feeling more in control of myself and my thoughts last year. So if it was Zoloft then it took a while for it to kick in for me I guess ? My doctor did say that in some patients it does nothing and in others it does so who knows ! However whether It's working for me or not I feel good right now and it's not having any long term side affects on me so I can stay on as long as I want "

Graceelizabeeth (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on zoloft for about a year, at 25mg. But I've recently developed panic disorder can't seem to handle the side effects of going up. I believe I'm not even at the optimal dose yet. My doc perscribed me effexor XR and I'm on day one of taking that and I feel completely emotionless. I'm going back go zoloft tomorrow because initially it worked for depression and anxiety. Everyone is different, but I've tried citalopram, etsicitalopram, and now effexor and they all make me feel numb and like a zombie. Zoloft all the way. My doc won't prescribe me benzos and I feel that zoloft will be great with xanax! Going back to the doctors next week to tell them to shove the effexor and I'm staying in zoloft."

Kfry (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "This medication has given me my life back. For months I walked around in a haze, had trouble focusing, getting out (and staying out) of bed, and would sleep for 18 hours. My social life suffered, my grades suffered, I would cry all the time, had trouble communicating, or wanting to be literally anywhere but in bed. I started on 50mg for a little over a month and while things slightly improved, it wasn't enough. I should also mention the side effects in the first week were terrible - brain fog, sleepiness, just general haziness... terrible. Overall, I was still depressed just... less. My doctor and I agreed to increase the dose to 75mg and this is an amazing medication. I can get out of bed, I can cook/shower/do laundry again, and I have done more school work in the past two weeks than I have for months. I can socialize and talk again, I don%u2019t cry as easily, I wake up and don%u2019t dread the day ahead. I feel human again, this is amazing. Only side effect I%u2019ve noticed is I%u2019ll occasionally have a dry mouth but it%u2019s very minor. Highly recommend!"

uni student (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 22, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I love Zoloft. I struggled with severe panic arrays associated with driving and social interactions also I had mild depression. What I will say is find the right dosage for you and don't be afraid to talk about increasing the dosage if it's not working after a few months. I did lose my appetite for a while initially. Also, do not abruptly stop taking it that spiraled me into a severe depression."

Ce Tee (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 22, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Starting this medication was the best thing I could have done for myself. I struggle with anxiety and depression, and I also have premenstrual dysphoric disorder. Sertraline has helped me cope with all of them. I haven't been this mentally stable and clear-headed for a very long time - maybe never. I can make decisions without agonizing over them, experience new social situations, do new things, and life seems so much more managable. All of the hurdles in my life that seemed insurmountable before are now obstacles I know I can climb over. The only side-effect I've noticed is a little bit of dry mouth, and I started to noticably feel the affects only about a week or so taking it."

Anonymous January 22, 2016

For Depression: "I've titrated to 150mg and this medication has brought me back from the brink of disaster, along with positive thinking sertraline has allowed me to make certain decisions and make certain lifestyle changes to help my depression and anxiety ease to the point of near 'normalcy'"

JDW85 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 21, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I have been taking this medicine for 2 days so far and my panic attacks seemed to be dropped. I am reading a lot about this condition and doing whatever is necessary. Getting face to face help also helps to relieve your anxiety and stress. I have seen 3 different doctors and they all approved on these drugs so it cant be bad. I still see the symptoms that I was having before such as short of breath, feeling faint, dizzy, blurry vision, slight headaches, sweating, dry mouth( after I wake up ). But I believe I should give it more time for it. I am at the top level of my panic now. Sometimes I get crazy thoughts and get my panic hit me again. Exercising also helps during the day and try to avoid caffeine, sugary food and alcohol."

Invisy (yturk.augmail.com) January 21, 2016