User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 733 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Just to update the post I made Oct. 21, 2013. It's been a year and I'm at 50 mg and great. Whenever I feel that panic creeping in, I can talk myself through it and it is so much less intense. And I don't stress out about having another episode. Before Zoloft, the most problematic part of my panic was the constant fear of having another panic attack. This has really improved my life a great deal.

July 14, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by loknath:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft is really good.

July 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Review by Hailey L:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I lost my mom at the age of 20, I am now 24 and been on Zoloft 150 MG for the past 3 years, I can't believe the difference this medication has made. Zoloft gave me my life back, no longer have panic attacks, constant crying, and crazy thoughts! I would recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from depression! Thank you Zoloft!

July 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by Kieare (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have anxiety and depression. I was really against taking medication so I tried to resolve my issues myself. Needless to say, it never worked. I had been going through periods of depersonalization, feeling extremely down, suicidal and hopeless. I really thought life wasn't worth living anymore. It got so bad that I ended up in the hospital. I started taking 50 mg Zoloft and honestly it has been a life changer. I don't experience depersonalization anymore. My mood has been lifted so much that I don't feel down anymore, suicidal or hopeless. If you're afraid to take medicines please just give it a try. You won't regret it. Celexa didn't work for me, but I was determined to find a medicine that would. The key is to be patient.

June 28, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by Collegeguy123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: 20 year old male. After failing 2 of my college classes in one semester, decided it was time to do something about my increasing depression. Doctor started me on Zoloft. Took about 4 weeks to start to notice the effects. Occasional shakes. Memory loss was frequent. Immediately noticed a decrease in sex drive and wasn't a problem until I started dating again and couldn't get it up the first time I got with my current girlfriend. Luckily she is understanding. My doctor is switching me to Wellbutrin. If it wasn't for the decreased sex drive I probably would have stayed on it.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 20, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Soundchain (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have now been on Zoloft for 2 months and happy to report, I'm no longer NEEDING my oxazepam everyday YAY! Side effects I got were crazy heart palpitations, fatigue but both of these have subdued, mind you, it took 7 wks to do so, so for anyone just starting on it, stick it out. Its helped a lot with my anxiety.

June 17, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by Chickieboom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was under huge amounts of stress. Divorce, Lost my home my car and no child support. Then 2 of my kids left for college. I went on like this for 3 years and finally broke down. I couldn't function I couldn't go out in public, I hated life, l felt like the worst person in the world and wanted to die. I finally went to the doc. She gave me 50mg and it made my anxiety sky rocket...helped my depression though. Cut me back to 25mg No luck, went back to 50mg with Ativan as needed. Finally after 2 months I went up to 100 mg with clonazepam as needed and now I am depression and anxiety free and no more clonazepam. No more negative ruminating thoughts, no more feelings of worthlessness. It has brought me back to life which I have not felt for YEARS!

June 17, 2014 8:32 AM

Review by LovingMyTwins (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I've been on Zoloft for 2 months. I've have massive depression after I had my twins. I had suicidal thoughts and thoughts of just letting go.I went to the doctor for help and he prescribed me Zoloft 25mg but the 25mg wasn't working. So I took 50mg and it is awesome. I feel myself again like I was 18. No worries in the world. Just felling like life was life again. Thanks to Zoloft I got my life back.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2014 6:31 PM

Review by Buckeyefan03:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I started taking birth control for acne a month ago and felt as if my anxiety had only gotten worse. After talking to my doctor she recommended I try a low dose of Zoloft. I've been on the medication for a week and have had 2 panic attacks. One yesterday as my plane was taking off. The most embarrassing experience ever! The flight attendants had to get me a bag to throw up in and had ice over the back of my neck. Today I am feeling exhausted and with down. I have read there are serious side effects within the first 2 weeks of taking this medication so I'm hoping I start to feel better. I am def. cutting out any coffee, energy drinks or alcohol.

June 9, 2014 9:07 AM

Review by sedonagreg (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: It took a couple weeks to notice any positive affects. It does help with depression. The big negative is the loss of the ability to achieve an orgasm.

June 8, 2014 9:10 PM

Review by MInnieJohnny:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft 100mg for 8 yrs now since my first experience of postpartum depression after my 2nd child, (I have always had panic attacks and depression it runs in my family, it has been working great until I had my 3rd child I had another bout of post partum depression. Dr tried to up my dose done this for one week made me have major side effects hot flashes, mood changes, zombie feeling so I went back down to my 100mg, I finally pulled out of it for awhile but I had a close friend pass away back in Dec 2013 and I already had health anxiety and I have had fears of dying since I had my 3rd child. I don't want to leave my children alone, the last 2 months have been the worst and I'm still taking Zoloft 100mg.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 8, 2014 8:41 PM

Review by Onehappygal:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have suffered from SEVERE PMS for years. I am a very positive upbeat person. I hate the fact that my PMS caused me such stress. I couldn't think clearly, would fly off the handle and nothing. My husband and children felt the effects of it each month. I just wanted to run far far away and jump out of my skin. I couldn't handle it anymore. After explaining this to my PCP, she thought Zoloft would help me. Advised me to take 25 mg for 7 days, then increase to 50mg. I'm not kidding you, after 2 days I saw a huge change. I finally had energy! It has been 2 months now and I never increased to 50mg. The 25mg did the trick! I no longer have PMS. I think clearer than I have in years. My mind doesn't race. I'm calm and I have my life back. Thank God!

June 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Review by Olivex:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking sertraline since October of 2013 (eight months). I started out with a low dosage (25mg I believe) and slowly worked my way up to 75mg. It did take some time for the anxiety to really be drowned out but it has done wonders for me. I remember the day I went to the doctors, feeling fed up that my anxiety had really taken control of my life- work, school, relationships were all negatively affected by it. I was crying everyday at this point. I lost my father to cancer and the battle was very hard on me for three years. The sertraline has done wonders for me. I honestly feel like myself again- I do not feel any "high" or anything that I would not want to feel. I honestly appreciate this medicine as it has saved my life.

June 6, 2014 10:12 AM

Review by legakris:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: For me, this medication did not work on a lower dose of 50 mg, 100 mg, or even 150 mg. My depression got better once I was increased to 200 mg, which is the therapeutic limit, but this may be because my depression was incredibly severe -extremely suicidal, and not functioning at all. However, after taking this medication for a little over a year, I have come to the realization that it no longer is working for me, and I am experiencing what my psychiatrist calls a "poop out," which is apparently something most SSRIs can do. I would recommend Zoloft (Sertraline) to anyone who has depression. It has honestly been the best medication for me, but for now, I need to try something new.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 29, 2014 7:38 PM

Review by Carriepotter:

For Depression: I love sertraline, I can honestly say this medicine has given me my life back after crippling anxiety and depression. I feel back to my old self and able to get on with life

May 27, 2014 6:40 AM

Review by ajt12098 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: This is not a complete review because I've only been taking Sertraline for a short time, but it may help new users on side effects. I started noticing right away I was happier, but I also had a lot of the uncommon side effects like drug-induced panic attacks and jitters among others. The doctor told me to continue so I hope those feelings subside because that's the reason I began this medication in the first place - not to have them! Crossing fingers.

May 25, 2014 12:34 AM

Review by Mh63 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I had my first panic attack almost two years ago. It spiraled from there and I started having panic attacks so bad when I was driving that it got to a point where I could not drive at all. I also had panic attacks when I was trying to fall asleep. I told myself and my doctor I wanted to "beat" this without any medicine. I started counseling, and while that helped a little, it wasn't enough. Finally I told my doctor I was ready to start meds and it is the best thing I have done for myself! The first few weeks were pretty rough, and my anxiety increased during that time. But after four weeks I started feeling much better. Now I can drive again and my anxiety is 90% better. And what remains of it is much more easily controlled.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 20, 2014 10:51 PM

Review by Jazminnn:

For Major Depressive Disorder: I decided to visit a psychiatrist for the first time 2 weeks ago because I have been dealing with anxiety and mild depression for almost 2 years. He prescribed me sertraline 50mg. I didn't start until a week later because I was scared (anxiety) about taking medicine for the first time and the possible consequences so I kept reading about it especially in this site. So after taking the medication for a week (first 5 days I only took half a pill per day) I can only say that it's been a positive experience. My anxiety is almost gone and I feel much happier and calmed. I can study and work without feeling anxious and fearful or depressed feeling sad.Cons: thirsty all the time; dry mouth. During the first 5 days only I felt sleepy and a little bit numb.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 15, 2014 10:08 PM

Review by Angelalove (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I suffer with post traumatic stress disorder from years of trauma and then the death of my mother really was the icing on the cake. I've also been dealing with physical ailments in the past 7 years, and panic attacks since I could remember. With all this going on, it's no wonder that I've became depressed and anxious about life. I am not the type of person who believes in medication without trying alternatives first. In the past I've tried other antidepressants to no avail. Was off of them for a year, but decided to go back on, trying Zoloft this time, when I became suicidal. That was the LAST straw. Been on 50mg for about a month, but started on 25mg a month prior. It LITERALLY saved my life. Don't give up! What one medication won't do for you another will.

May 14, 2014 6:42 AM

Review by Jktx:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Took 2 weeks to feel a bit better. Stick with it through side effects. I take 62.5 mg in the morning and 25 mg in evening now. After 5 months I feel pretty good.

May 13, 2014 11:46 AM

Review by Lillyhop (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: After citalopram stopped working after 10 years my dr changed me to sertraline. Started on 50mg for 3 days then went to 100mg. I was a total mess, couldn't eat, lost 1 stone in 3 weeks, was sick after drinking water, had tremors, night sweats, became depressed, had suicidal thoughts (am 41 and never had them before) became agrophobic - the list is endless. Unfortunately it took 2 months to see a psychiatrist who told me they weren't agreeing with me so am weaning off them and feeling loads better. Was put on mirtazapine and they seem to be working. This medicine seems to help lots of people but please trust your instincts and have a good relationship with your doctor to discuss side effects etc.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 13, 2014 6:17 AM

Review by anutterblonde (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Depression: I was on the sertraline, for 3 years. After developing a strange phobia with severe anxiety, suicidal thoughts, and major depression, this medication probably saved my life. However, it only brought me back halfway. I still was depressed and still suffered from anxiety attacks, just not as much. After a couple of years, I believed it stopped working, even after increasing the dose, so I stopped taking it.

May 12, 2014 10:16 PM

Review by dj Man of God (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: This medication has been a God send for me. Since I have been on sertraline, my mood swings and anger problems caused by post traumatic stress disorder, have significantly been reduced. They still happen, but not nearly as often as before I started sertraline.

May 7, 2014 2:24 PM

Review by Severe health anxiety/OCD (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I have suffered with severe health anxiety and obsessive compulsive disorder related to this anxiety for about 6 years. I would spend countless hours a day googling symptoms and doing certain health related rituals, and it was taking over my life. I finally talked to my doctor at the urging of my family and ended up on 50 mg of Zoloft. I didn't want to take it because part of my health anxiety is a fear of any type of medication. After about 3 weeks of it sitting untouched in my cabinet I started to take it. I didn't feel strange - no side effects. Maybe a little more sleepy at night? After about 3 weeks on Zoloft I noticed that I didn't have the urge to Google health symptoms anymore and I would *forget* to do some of my daily rituals.

May 6, 2014 1:50 AM

Review by Natashab:

For Depression: I promised myself I would write a review for this antidepressant. I have only been on them for a month so far and after trying various other antidepressants with negative side effects I can safely say I have found the right one for me! Not only did it stop my anxiety almost immediately but I rarely have any negative or paranoid thoughts. I would definitely recommend anyone who has clinical depression to take these because they have honestly changed my life for the better. Hope this helps.

May 1, 2014 12:48 PM