User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 973 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have been on this drug for 5 weeks now and i finally acquired myself. Though i had this panic attack all of a sudden, and i did not even know what panic attack is. I went for all types of heart tests etc before someone suggested to see a psychiatrist.I found the courage to go to a psychiatrist and he prescribed this med. I used to feel sad, unsure and even sort of lost at times.Good that i went to this doc without waiting for the symptoms to go on their own as one doctor had advised. I feel so good now. The reason of my posting here is that i used this forum to know about this drug and i also want to add my experience so others are also helped."

Ohme June 30, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I began taking Zoloft four months ago after being diagnosed with OCD, which I have suffered with for probably 15 years. I started with a dosage of 25 mg and experienced quite a bit of nausea for the first few weeks. I also dealt with a spike in anxiety, which I combatted with Clonopin and relaxation techniques. My psychiatrist slowly increased the dosage to 150 mg over the past few months. During that time, with the addition of psychotherapy, I began to slowly recognize that my symptoms were decreasing. It has become much easier to recognize my intrusive thoughts as OCD, and to say "no" to the multitude of rituals that I engaged in on a daily basis. In fact, since I have reached 150 mg, my anxiety and other symptoms have almost disappeared."

Blair M June 29, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I developed depression a few months ago and felt that I had truly lost my mind. I was beyond sad, crying constantly, terrifying intrusive thoughts, lost all interest in hobbies, friends, I thought that was it for me. I didn't feel that I would ever be my normal self ever again. Zoloft has completely eliminated my depression. The first week was almost unbearable but I cannot stress how much better I began to feel after about 2weeks. It is a miracle drug, I truly cannot express how well it has worked for me."

Peachpeach June 24, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I suffer from severe ocd with awful anxiety producing thoughts causing me to fear leaving the house and socialising. this medication whilst not stopping the thoughts allows my mind to forget them quickly and see them for what they are. I have gained weight on these but after stopping them and losing the weight I had to restart them again. I tried Prozac (highs / lows) and fluvoxamine (unable to sleep) for a month each but they had no effect on anxiety. Although I have gained back half the weight I can function again and I am truly grateful to sertraline for that. My brain could "feel" the effects of the others but I cannot "feel" sertraline. I just feel more balanced and I notice when it is time for my next 175mg dose. not a cure but helps"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've always experienced social anxiety growing up. I thought this was normal but it became clear to me during college that I shouldn't be feeling so shy all the time. I was afraid to be myself. I was constantly going back and forth between anxiety and depression for years. I tried meditation, yoga, running, a different diet... But nothing seemed to be working good enough! Enough was enough! I researched zoloft for a few weeks and finally decided to try it out. WOAH! Other than the initial side effects such as decreased appetite and restlessness, this medication changed my life!!! I feel very comfortable talking to people in social settings.. I could finally be myself! The biggest thing is being patient--- it works!!!!! Good luck everyone!"

Kort (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 23, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "been on sertraline now for about 18 months after my anxiety was turning into panic attacks. I was really bad, i couldn't sleep for constant fear of not waking up-id have 2-3 panic attacks EVERY DAY. i very very rarely have them any more and even if i start, i seldom get a bad one. The medication has stopped the attacks and lessened the anxiety. im still an anxious person but i can live my life now. It's given me heart burn but i have omeprazole now for that. the sertraline does not make you happy, but it makes you not anxious/sad which is good. overall im very happy, just wish i felt 'normal' but ah well eh? :P"

charbuscus (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 23, 2015

For Depression: "19 yr old male going on 20. Had been suffering from extreme anxiety, depression, paranoia, intrusive thoughts for the best part of a year. Day to day life was a living hell and I rapidly began to lose any motivation and hope I had left. Started on 50mg, probably made things worse for first 4 weeks, upped to 100mg, wouldn't class it as life changing, anxiety and thoughts are still there, but a lot less intense. Much chirpier and can finally engage in day to day life with a lot more ease and comfort without feeling completely messed up and hopeless. Would recommend, just hang on in there. Things do get better."

King Monkey June 19, 2015

For Depression: "I have been suffering from depression after losing the love of my life.. The situation was unreal I could not understand my thoughts , I failed Uni , and couldn't even concentrate in any activities . I had to seek for help to continue to have a life , my Dr. Prescribed Zoloft same day I was the old me , I could not believe I was scared to admit I was not weak but I was sick , best decision I ever made , I got my life back , using for 3 weeks only .do yourself a favour ask your Doctors about it . Good Luck"

Nucha34 (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Not trusting the source (s) of reviews of this medication from 'company-friendly' sites, hope this one actually gets published. Zoloft was a nightmare, nine-day experience. Kept reading the 'keep taking it!' reviews and those were simply not true to me. Most everyone will eventually cycle back to feeling much better, especially if they have support. Zoloft will push you over the edge if you keep taking it. Had every side effect - bizarre urination flow, horrible gas, insomnia, etc. Would suggest people considering Zoloft to stick with something short-term and short-acting. Feel better and wean yourself off and don't let one quack doctor talk you out of that mindset."

vicvolare June 18, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "The Dr. prescribed this med after I developed a tolerance to Prozac after 15 wonderful years. I started at 25 mg. They always say to give it a few weeks to see if it is working. After 2 months he increased the dosage to 50 mg. which still did not work. Then after an increase to 100 mg. for a few months, he finally believed it was not working for me. He started me on Effexor, which took another 6 months of gradually increasing dosage to actually kick in. Please do not give up. After over a year of living a nightmare and feeling suicidal every single day, I'm now back to normal, almost every day."

coyotewoman June 16, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Love this medication. I'm a 28 yo mother of two and have suffered from anxiety on and off for the past 9 years and have tried different meds through out the years and the only one that has ever worked for me was the generic Zoloft! Like... wow! This medication does its job so well that i feel "normal" not high or zombified! Side effects for me has been loss of appetite, difficulty reaching orgasm, clenched jaw, hot flashes, and rapid heart rate but was told these would subsidize. But i still give this medication a rating of 9 because the benefits for me outweigh the side effects far too well. Been taking it for a couple weeks and if it's working this great now i can't wait to see in a couple more weeks."

kris25 June 15, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I am 14 y/o, female and currently take 200mg of Zoloft. The first 3 months I was on Zoloft I felt so free, happy, able to approach people with ease and engage socially. (might have been placebo) This feeling wore off, and even when I tried going up on my dosage multiple times, it didn't change anything. Zoloft has given me so many health problems. As told by a doctor, Zoloft caused a decrease in my iron level, which gave me Anemia, which I have never had before. I struggled with weight loss on this medicine, which is hard since I already struggle with trying to gain weight. I'm still on this medicine, and this is my 5th month taking it, but I may have to go off on it for medical reasons, and I feel it doesn't do my anxiety any justice."

arynnaomi June 12, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've struggled with anxiety & depression my entire life, & I was wary of starting sertraline(at age 20) but 50mg a day has changed me for the better. I'm happier, less anxious overall, I got a job, I can do all the things my anxiety wouldn't allow, like answering the phone, going shopping alone, making small talk with people. There have been some unpleasant side effects, alcohol puts me right to sleep now. I have no appetite (lost about 15lbs) and my sex drive is noticeably diminished. Whatever you do, do not stop cold turkey. 50mg is a very small dose but the withdrawals are hell. I ran out and couldn't get a refill for a week, I was cold sweating through my clothes 24/7, shaky, suicidal, dizzy, and my anxiety was worse than before"

Aliyah3 June 10, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Taking his medication has been one of the best decisions I've made in my life thus far. If you are suffering from depression & anxiety then just give it a go because well life is just too dam short!"

Aydin (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 9, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This drug was awful! I took it for less than a week, and it intensified my anxiety severely. Because I took other SSRI's which did not cause me to have side effects such as this one, I would prefer not to try and see how long it takes for sertraline to reach full efficacy. This drug is NOT for severe anxiety. I implore readers to try Escitalopram (Lexapro) instead for GAD. Zoloft may treat depression, but it may definitely worsen anxiety!"

Maksymilian (taken for less than 1 month) June 9, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "This is by far the best medication of about the 5 I have been tried on Doesnt make me feel like a zombie I agree with others tho I do experience slight rapid cycling and I have got myself into a financial pickle lately over spending but to be able to control my anxiety and my compulsive behaviour really has helped me to feel "normal" again"

A6XBB June 9, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I've had extremely bad anxiety for 25 years and I have been very very depressed on and off through my life. I had tried many different prescriptions in the past but gave up on every one of them because of side effects. This medication has felt like it saved my life in many ways. I went from feeling like I was in a very dark hopeless place that effected my work and social life too feeling like quality of life is so manageable and pleasant and bright. So much to be thankful for."

tried a lot of different meds but this works June 7, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I've been taking Solotik for 2 months now and what can I say, not effective at all !!"

hiii (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have suffered from OCD for over a decade and it has taken over my life. I've been on zoloft for three months and am seeing progress. It has helped mildly with the anxiety. I am finding that my life choices are changing. I am eating healthier, going outside more, taking up new hobbies, reconnecting with old friends, maintaining a healthier relationship with my family members, my anger has decreased significantly and I am not ruminating on repetitive thoughts quite as often. This medication is very helpful for getting on the road to recovery. I am using it in conjunction with meditation and mindfulness therapy. The only drawback is that it gives me diarrhea and short term memory loss. I have been using post it notes."

Leetlebat June 1, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "The first thing I will say about this medication is that in the first 3-4 weeks you may experience side effects such as nausea, dizziness and/or giddiness. Also you panic symptoms may appear to have gone away and then they come back periodically when you're not expecting it. However for me both of these things ceased to continue after about a month. I have now been taking 50mg of this medication for 3 months and I can honestly say it is the best decision I've ever made. My panic attacks, which I used to have roughly twice weekly have completely gone away to leave me feeling relaxed. I am also more confident doing the things that used to trigger my panic, causing me to feel happier and able to get on with life normally. Strongly recommend."

Mark Jones May 31, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was suicidal after my doctor prescribed sertaline"

hardcore1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 30, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Zoloft saved my life. It's been like waking up from a life-long nightmare. A lifetime of panic attacks, stress, and anxiety warped my perception of what 'normal' was. I still feel normal stress and anxiety, but only that which stems from rational causes (car broke down, lost job, etc). There's no feeling quite like feeling in control of your life and your self again."

Anon3453453453 May 27, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was crippled with anxiety, depression, and nagging intrusive thoughts. Zoloft has allowed me to live again. Please don't allow the stigma and misinformation out there about antidepressants prevent you from getting help and finding relief. Once your body adjusts to Zoloft (this can take upwards of 2-4 weeks), you will find relief and peace. I used a pill cutter to cut the prescribed dose (25 mg) in half and took the half dose for two weeks. Then I increased it to the prescribed dose. This is much easier on the body. Please consider doing this so you're not overcome and discouraged by some of the initial side effects. Good luck friends."

SilvaMine May 26, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Been taking 25mg zoloft for 2 weeks. Due to non stop over thinking, paranoia and constant checking up on suspected cheating partner. This drug has enabled me to think clearly again and be able to end an unhappy relationship that I could not end before. I don't react or panic at the thought of being on my own anymore. Its great to feel balanced and even keeled with my thoughts. No real side effects, although I am more motivated at home and don't seem to have a huge appetite so lost some weight. I like this drug, its given me some sanity again however I am worried about the symptoms returning if I stop taking it."

jillyangus May 23, 2015

For Depression: "I started on 50mg. I felt better in 2-3 weeks. I was so happy to not be crying. I get dizziness and have the yawning effect. At first it seemed like I would yawn every 2 minutes for days. The only thing that upset me about it was that I gained weight. I'm already a bit on the heavy side, but I had been maintaining my weight for years. All of a sudden I gained about 25 lbs in 6 months. When I talked to my Dr, he said the dosage wasn't high enough, that I was emotionally eating. It didn't make sense to me, since I had been able to maintain my weight even during my depression. Anyway, he upped it to 100mg. Now, I just feel lazy. I don't care about getting things done. I have to really make an effort to do anything. I'm going back to 50mg."

rem1105 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2015