User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 817 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by doesnotplaywellwithothers (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: Worked quickly to get my post traumatic stress disorder symptoms under control. I was in real trouble (suicidal) and this medicine saved my life.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 24, 2015 2:07 PM

Review by Mirgirl (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I started Zoloft 3 weeks ago for panic attacks but I am having a hard time with the side effects. I feel like it has made my anxiety even worse but I am going to continue taking it until I get over the initial starting side effects.

January 23, 2015 4:49 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Panic Disorder: I started having panic attacks regularly. I couldn't be on my own, I was afraid of choking every time I ate. It was awful. I lost about 25 pounds in a very short amount of time and couldn't get any of my school work done without suffering from anxiety. I was diagnosed with panic disorder and began taking a variety of medications--eventually I was prescribed Zoloft. It took about a month to kick in but ever since then I have not had a full blown panic attack (although I occasionally suffer from bouts of anxiety). For the most part I would say I seem to suffer from very few side effects--I would say I am more lethargic than normal, sometimes I have trouble falling asleep at night, and I have a decreased sex drive. But no more panic attacks!

January 12, 2015 11:33 PM

Review by 37505253:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Well, I'm sitting here in the ER after having increased my Zoloft dosage. It was absolutely horrific! I think I am very sensitive to medications. When I was on 25mg for the first 3 days, everything went well. When I increased to 50mg, as directed, I had every side effect for Serotonin Syndrome imaginable. Now I don know if I should discontinue or go back to the lower M.g.'s.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 9, 2015 7:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have had depression since I can remember. Lost lots of relations because of it. Got on it eleven years ago and have more friends then ever.

January 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Review by nyse (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been taking sertraline for a 3 1/2 weeks and I would have to say it was my best decision. It took me a while to say I was depressed and when I did my Dr. Started with 50 mg and I couldn't feel better. I would definitely recommend. Stop all bad thoughts, made me calmer, and able to deal with life outside of my bed.

January 1, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by crun3 (taken for 10 years or more):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I started taking Zoloft in 1993 after 5 years of intense suffering from anxiety which led to depression. I had relentlessly recurring unpleasant thoughts that I could not control, starting from just a moment after I'd wake up in the morning and continuing all day, leaving me exhausted. The demands of my first professional job and impending marriage broke me and I finally agreed to use medication. I went on 50mg and after 3 weeks it felt like a miracle occurred. I put my troubles behind me and immediately got on with life. I still had breakthrough anxiety and had lots of supplemental meds over the years, such as Buspar and Trazodone, and Zoloft to 75,100,150 mg. I settled on 100mg 10 years ago. I use Clonazepam rarely when it gets intense.

December 30, 2014 10:38 PM

Review by Astrocat:

For Major Depressive Disorder: This medicine has been a GOD SEND for me! Bad nerves (anxiety, panic attacks, etc.) & depression run rampant on my mom's side of the family & I've suffered since I was about 14 (I'm 41 now)! It was pure, unrelenting HELL suffering through that stuff at such a young age. Before Sertraline, I had tried Imipramine & then Paxil. The Sertraline has been the best (& worked the longest) by far but, I can almost guarantee it'll take away any libido you have. Your sex drive never seems to come back either, no matter how long you've been on this medicine. I thought it would but, nope! It HAS made me feel 'normal' (fine/healthy) again though & for that, I'm beyond grateful. Only side effects I had at first were weird dreams & smell/taste perversion.

December 28, 2014 5:53 AM

Review by 140756:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft has been a life saver for me. I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the past year without it. I had anxiety and depression, but after I started taking Zoloft, I was finally starting to feel myself again and my headaches have gone away. If you have moderate to severe anxiety and depression, I would highly recommend this. It truly saved me.

90 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2014 3:19 AM

Review by Maddoxy:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Been on it for 3 months. At first it was worse. The panick attacks and anxiety. Then it was like my brain flipped the switch. I feel so much better. Im 30 and started getting anxiety at 22. I never wanted meds. Fought hard and tried everything natural. Finally I gave in. I'm so happy now. I am not afraid of my own shadow anymore. I think I may have put on 3lbs from it, but as long as it stops there. Or it could be all the cookies. Give it a try. I'm not cured, but I NEVER want to go off Zoloft.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 23, 2014 9:48 PM

Review by Zoloft 2 years (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Anxiety and Stress: I started taking this when I was having difficulties with coping with my anxiety. The doctor who I am not visiting anymore put me on this but asked me a few questions before I consumed I. This was helpful but then ever since I have been on sertraline 150 mg I feel more anxiety and then at another point I don't. I was having a few problems with friendship but this has made me cope much better and to feel more relaxed when communicating with other people. My dosage was increased very quickly and I felt like I needed to be higher up with the dosage as my anxiety was severe. I have had dry mouth and a few withdrawal symptoms. I also have to keep drinking water.

December 18, 2014 4:29 AM

Review by Foxyslm (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for : I developed anxiety over a couple months and would eventually not leave my house or my bedroom. I was not sleeping and could not eat either. OB did blood tests and told me I was premenopausal and prescribed Zoloft. It has been a miracle for me. I have experienced no side effects whatsoever and have been taking it for a year. Did not want to have to rely on meds but I don't know how I would be without it.

December 17, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by waterfirewind12 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Asking my doctor about Zoloft was one of the best decisions for me. I have suffered from anxiety as long as I can remember. I feel like a new person now. I didn't even fully realize how bad it was until taking Zoloft. I didn't want to take meds, I thought my anxiety was just part of who I was and something I would have to deal with forever. Zoloft has changed my life.

68 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2014 9:29 PM

Review by Yay!:

For Anxiety and Stress: Long story short anxiety took over my life overnight. I was expediting looping thoughts, negative anxiety causing ones. I am big on organic food/natural remedies etc. I don't even like cold medicine so I went 3 months battling daily attacks. Finally I couldn't take it anymore, Dr. prescribed clonazepam & sertraline. It did take the full 5 weeks for me, but I got control of my thoughts right away, with in days! Amazing! I lost weight on this, but my appetite has now returned. I feel great! Totally normal, 8 weeks in & forgot I ever had anxiety in the first place. I feel 100% normal. I wish I would have gone to the doctor sooner. Hang in there, you can beat this!

December 12, 2014 8:47 PM

Review by iccake10:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Ever since I was young I have been constantly worried and anxious. I also had an eating disorder, and I was put on Zyprexa for food related anxiety. Zyprexa made me into a zombie, but once I recovered I took Zoloft for my anxiety and love it! It has put all of the little worries in my life into perspective and helped me handle disappointment and stress much better. I don't get hungry very often, but I rarely feel nauseous. My social life has gone up a lot since I've taken this, and I sleep like a baby at night. My only complaint is that I get incredibly energetic and distracted easily and do not respond well if I don't take it for a couple days. Love it though!

December 10, 2014 12:10 AM

Review by StephanieAlice (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I took Zoloft for a couple of years...it worked great for depression but it absolutely killed my sex drive.

December 7, 2014 5:30 PM

Review by Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable).

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in..

December 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by LMGale (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I'm very surprised at what this medication has done for me. I have been prescribed an SSRI multiple times but never took one because I was convinced my feelings of guilt and anxiety were appropriate reactions to my failures in life. I have lived a bohemian life chasing contentment and self respect. In a new relationship and questioned by my partner about my inconsolable sense of unhappiness, I realized I needed to try something other than running away so in a last ditch move, signed up for a depression study that has given me 6 mos of Zoloft medication. I have clarity now I haven't experienced in a decade, it is wonderful and sobering because I realize now how serious chemical depression is. Don't self medicate, it's OK to get help!

December 5, 2014 12:36 PM

Review by qwerty123456:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I was born 1982 and throughout my adult life I have had problems with anxiety. I only really knew the true extent of how bad I was until I started taking 50mg of sertraline a couple of weeks ago. I went through my life self medicating whether it was alcohol or going for 8 mile runs just so I could relax. I realize now I heard the word "paranoid" pretty often which I now realize is very close to being anxious for obvious reasons. What strikes me about some of these reviews is many say its taken weeks to kick in. I suppose everyone is different but I felt my life change after 1 hour after taking a tablet. I now have an aura of calmness in my life. I feel like I'm at peace and living within the moment for the first time in years.

December 5, 2014 5:51 AM

Review by Anonymous2437585:

For Anxiety and Stress: I am 17 years old and I have just started taking Zoloft 25 mg for 2 days for stress, depression, anxiety and insomnia. The first night I took it at 6. I felt high, my pupils were big, and I couldn't stop smiling. When I woke up for school in the morning I was half awake and half asleep. Don't remember shutting my alarm off and getting out of bed. I had yawning episodes all day. And I also felt very happy. Some of these side effects suck, but I'm sticking it out. Hope it continues to make me feel happy!

December 4, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by Dan1234321 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Social Anxiety Disorder: This medication is great for depression, however, I am not really feeling much change in Social Phobia - except for preventing blushing, but not in all situations. I have been on it for 5 1/2 weeks so I am still giving it time. The side effects are easily coped with, and it didn't escalate my anxiety to begin with, although it made me very drowsy.

December 4, 2014 11:00 AM

Review by Dan1234321:

For Depression: This medication works great for depression, even at lower doses (50mg). It generally makes you happier, but only after a few weeks. In the first week it may make you more depressed (and anxious). It started working in the third week for (moderate) depression.

December 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by Male_24_Caucasian (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Bipolar Disorder: I was prescribed with sertraline a few years ago for MDD and bipolar disorder. Even tough it took some time to produce positive effects, sertraline was, indeed effective (especially when combined with bupropion and escitalopram). The mood variations disappeared, depression decreased. From the negative side, it produced a decrease in libido, and an extreme decrease in creativity. If you are a composer, a painter, a writer, etc, you should, in my opinion, expect a possible and very pronounced decrease in creativity during the its use. The temptation to interrupt the treatment for the benefit of recovering the creativity should be strongly resisted.

December 2, 2014 7:01 PM

Review by bellazmomma (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: Please give this medicine a try. I have had some mild anxiety since my 20's, and after I had a child and now I'm in my 40's it got pretty bad to the point where I would have a panic attack in my car every day and I developed a fear of driving. I also had very bad health anxiety and ended up in the ER for a panic attack. I was very scared of taking any prescriptions because of all the horrific reviews, but panicking in my car was no way to live either so I decided to try Zoloft. The first 2 weeks the side effects were rough: nausea, loss of appetite, dizziness, dry mouth, but the anxiety was getting better from day one. I started with 25mg and worked myself up to 50mg. The side effects pretty much subsided after week 3 and now I feel great.

December 1, 2014 4:27 PM