User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 751 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by C.Angela:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Sertraline (Zoloft) for two years now. I am the happiest person in the world, and nothing is stopping me! I am a differant person from two years ago. Thank you!

September 17, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by JohnnyBoi453 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm 19 and Zoloft has been a LIFESAVER for me! I've had very bad generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and mild depression. I recently had been on Xanax then Klonopin as needed, but I felt as if those types of medications wouldn't help me in the long run. I've been on 25 mg of Zoloft for a month and a half, and I feel WONDERFUL! The horrible, disabling anxiety I once had is almost nonexistent, and my depression melted away! My mood is stabilized, I have a lot of energy, focusing on school work is a synch, and I interact with others with confidence. Yes, I feel like a totally renewed, cleansed person with a constant sense of motivation! Zoloft saved my life! Little to no side effects either. Very mild antidepressant.

September 10, 2014 7:50 PM

Review by SoAmazing! (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I was chronically depressed and had many psychiatrists diagnose me with severe depression, which I had experienced unfaillingly for 5 years. I could identify no cause for my depression, which made it even harder for me since I didn't know what was causing me to become extremely suicidal. I had 4-hour lasting sobbing spells (even when I had otherwise great events happening at that time). I felt gloomy, lonesome, uncared for, and depressed. Now I feel content and at ease for the first time in 5 years. I no longer become sad unless I have a reason to- which for me is phenomenal. If good things happen, I feel happy and not sad. I can function better in my work, family life, and simple daily activities like driving or even grocery shopping.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 9, 2014 12:38 AM

Review by hopeful female 30s:

For Depression: Sertraline has helped with my mood swings and unwanted thoughts. I take 50 mg and can instantly feel if I miss my dosage. I would like to ween off but have too much going on that I don't think I can handle alone. Reasons I want to stop is memory loss, difficulty focusing, even struggle with people's names and I gain 20 lbs. For now the results outweigh the side effects but I'm hopeful I can get to a better place soon so I can safely stop.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 10:10 PM

Review by Gazz (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Been on this medicine for 2 months 50 mg, feel so much better and much more relaxed. So much better than Prozac which made me very full of anxiety.

August 30, 2014 8:09 AM

Review by lessdepress:

For Depression: 25 yr old woman UK., I was very low for 3 and a half years, I didn't really realize i was getting more and more depressed until the past 6 months, and 4 months ago I found it hard to get out of bed or talk! Being shy and anxious as well it was really hard to pluck up the courage to go to my doctor, Which was embarrassing as I just cried and cried in his office and he wasn't very concerned and put me on citalopram 20mg, this wasn't very helpful and I did feel zombie like. I decided to stop using it after 3 months but then I got really REALLY depressed and went to a different doctor who put me on sertraline 50mg, its been close to 2 weeks and I feel like I'm actually getting better. A more supportive doctor was nearly as good as this, for me.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 29, 2014 4:12 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Depression: I took Zoloft for a year and a half when I was younger. It lifted a very dark cloud and got me through a bad situation until the year was over and I could change situations. It put an extra 10 pounds on me even though I was extremely athletic. More recently I tried going on it again ten years later and it didn't work. I've heard that happening with this medicine before, it works once but may not work if you go on it a second time. So I credit it with helping me once but not something I could return to.

August 29, 2014 10:52 AM

Review by Lola Jane:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Max dose needed for effect but working great . A bit of weight gain but tolerable . Helps me sleep better

August 26, 2014 10:57 PM

Review by ocdsufferer (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: I had terrible obsessive compulsive disorder for about 6 years. I remember that I spent all my night on going and coming to toilet for peeing. After I went to the university I was shocked by the bad way of teaching and bad instructors and suddenly the OCD became worse and worse and the hell was eating in my brain. I spent all my wake up time thinking and thinking about silly things and I suffered from terrible pain in my neck, my brain, and my stomach. I went to 7 doctors and tried many medications before I found Zoloft. I tried Anafranil, Solotic, Faverin, Xanax, Atarax, Seroxat, fluoxetine and finally I went to a very good doctor who put me on Zoloft 200mg with risperidone 2mg. That works as a wizard for me after 6 years of the hell of OCD.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 26, 2014 9:20 AM

Review by tonyasap (taken for less than 1 month):

For Depression: Been on sertraline for 3 weeks now not noticed many side effects apart from loss of appetite.

August 22, 2014 12:54 PM

Review by Ann81:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I really hope to help someone out there suffering with this nightmare called "Panic Disorder". I suffered for the last 2 years with debilitating panic. My dad died of cancer two years ago, and one week later my son got very ill. Needless to say I had a nervous breakdown and ever since then panic ruled my life which led to depression and agoraphobia setting in. I was scared to death of SSRI's and suffered needlessly for 2 years. Two weeks ago I went to a Psychiatrist, he prescribed me Zoloft 25mg to start for 2 weeks then up it to 50mg. I am also taking 0.5mg Xanax twice a day. I have to say I feel great! Not a single panic attack since the 3rd day of taking med. I also am way more social and sleep a thousand times better! Thank you Zoloft!!

August 20, 2014 8:02 AM

Review by hassanb (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Best medication for social anxiety disorder with somatisation. I take 100mg of Zoloft, less side effects than other antidepressants.

August 18, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by lokoroy:

For Anxiety and Stress: Good.

August 13, 2014 4:14 AM

Review by crazyukman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Bipolar Disorder: I've been on sertraline for about 6 months now and I have started to notice I am much more confident in social situations and outside the house. I suffer with Bipolar 2 and anxiety and often won't leave the house because of this anxiety. My social anxiety is much better on sertraline compared with other SSRIs. It has made getting to sleep more difficult, but I tend to take the tablet mid-afternoon which helps. It's had no effect on my trichotillomania and not a huge effect during my depressive periods. The mood stabilizer lamotrigine has been a better antidepressant.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

August 8, 2014 3:54 PM

Review by echo111:

For Depression: I have been using sertraline for about 3 months now. I was worried about the side effects of the medication, but I am really pleased with the results. I started on 25 mg and then increased the dose to 50mg after 1 month. This drug has been phenomenal for me. I am a 25 year old female who suffers from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, depression and anxiety. I was worried about weight gain, but I have actually lost weight while on this medicine. My mood is much more stable and predictable, I don't cry or feel down like I used too. Consulting with a doctor and trying an anti-depressant is truly one of the best decisions I've made.

August 8, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by Gimp (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Suffered from anxiety most of my life, then around 23 suffered a panic attack which caused me problems until my late 40's when my doctor put me on Zoloft. Huge turnaround. Zero anxiety. While I don't think I'll ever forget the fear of panic attacks, I haven't had one since, and can do most things I used to be afraid of, Long Bridges, Elevators, etc.

August 2, 2014 9:05 PM

Review by sammy87 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder I was very hesitant at the start to try medications and thought I'll battle through with the help of therapy. 3 months later I gave in for medication. Couldn't get through a day without my anxiety being an obstacle. Was prescribed Zoloft for the first time at 25mg. For the first week things were fine just the usual upset stomach and dry mouth nothing I couldn't handle but surprisingly it made me depressed (never was) but anxiety DID settle a little (hence 5/10). Then was pushed up to 50mg... the upset stomach stopped the dry mouth decreased but restlessness and insomnia kicked in including the zombie feeling. This went on for over 2 weeks but had to stop, it was affecting my work. Withdrawal symptoms, depression.

July 21, 2014 11:02 PM

Review by Narelle 00:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Anxiety spiraled out of control over just a month following 18 months of grief, job loss and moving. I couldn't leave the house and was prescribed Zoloft 12.5mg, the side effects were pretty bad (no appetite, trembles and night sweats) but within two weeks these side effects passed and I began returning back to my old self 6 weeks later. I slowly built up to 175mg over 6 months and stayed at that dose for 1 year. Now, two years later, I have almost forgotten about anxiety and have begun reducing very very slowly (about 12.5mg every couple of months). I'm now taking 137.5mg and feel good, thank you Zoloft.

July 20, 2014 5:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: Just to update the post I made Oct. 21, 2013. It's been a year and I'm at 50 mg and great. Whenever I feel that panic creeping in, I can talk myself through it and it is so much less intense. And I don't stress out about having another episode. Before Zoloft, the most problematic part of my panic was the constant fear of having another panic attack. This has really improved my life a great deal.

July 14, 2014 3:58 PM

Review by loknath:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft is really good.

July 5, 2014 8:38 AM

Review by Hailey L:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I lost my mom at the age of 20, I am now 24 and been on Zoloft 150 MG for the past 3 years, I can't believe the difference this medication has made. Zoloft gave me my life back, no longer have panic attacks, constant crying, and crazy thoughts! I would recommend this medication to anyone who suffers from depression! Thank you Zoloft!

July 2, 2014 9:22 AM

Review by Kieare (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I have anxiety and depression. I was really against taking medication so I tried to resolve my issues myself. Needless to say, it never worked. I had been going through periods of depersonalization, feeling extremely down, suicidal and hopeless. I really thought life wasn't worth living anymore. It got so bad that I ended up in the hospital. I started taking 50 mg Zoloft and honestly it has been a life changer. I don't experience depersonalization anymore. My mood has been lifted so much that I don't feel down anymore, suicidal or hopeless. If you're afraid to take medicines please just give it a try. You won't regret it. Celexa didn't work for me, but I was determined to find a medicine that would. The key is to be patient.

139 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 28, 2014 8:57 AM

Review by Collegeguy123 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: 20 year old male. After failing 2 of my college classes in one semester, decided it was time to do something about my increasing depression. Doctor started me on Zoloft. Took about 4 weeks to start to notice the effects. Occasional shakes. Memory loss was frequent. Immediately noticed a decrease in sex drive and wasn't a problem until I started dating again and couldn't get it up the first time I got with my current girlfriend. Luckily she is understanding. My doctor is switching me to Wellbutrin. If it wasn't for the decreased sex drive I probably would have stayed on it.

June 20, 2014 1:03 AM

Review by Soundchain (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I have now been on Zoloft for 2 months and happy to report, I'm no longer NEEDING my oxazepam everyday YAY! Side effects I got were crazy heart palpitations, fatigue but both of these have subdued, mind you, it took 7 wks to do so, so for anyone just starting on it, stick it out. Its helped a lot with my anxiety.

June 17, 2014 10:40 PM

Review by Chickieboom (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Anxiety and Stress: I was under huge amounts of stress. Divorce, Lost my home my car and no child support. Then 2 of my kids left for college. I went on like this for 3 years and finally broke down. I couldn't function I couldn't go out in public, I hated life, l felt like the worst person in the world and wanted to die. I finally went to the doc. She gave me 50mg and it made my anxiety sky rocket...helped my depression though. Cut me back to 25mg No luck, went back to 50mg with Ativan as needed. Finally after 2 months I went up to 100 mg with clonazepam as needed and now I am depression and anxiety free and no more clonazepam. No more negative ruminating thoughts, no more feelings of worthlessness. It has brought me back to life which I have not felt for YEARS!

June 17, 2014 8:32 AM