User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1300 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "This drug has side effects but benefits is much more. If you suffering from depression and anxiety try it."

batman007t (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 29, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I was recently diagnosed with GED. I've been researching, learning as much as i can about the disorder and the drugs that can help us all. I was placed on Sertraline 25mg for two weeks about two months after a what can only be described as a week long life altering experience of Paxil. I am currently on day 6 of 25mg and couldn't take the side effects anymore. I experienced headaches, dizziness, small panic attacks out of nowhere, chest pain, reflux, nausea, fidgeting, i cant stop yawning, loss of appetite. basically the full list of known side effects. Going to visit the doctor tomorrow to see if I should cut it down for good or try something else. everyone says "stick it out" but I don't think I can do that to myself or my family."

Newbie35 May 26, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I will never take that drug again after 5 days i turned into someone i didnt know i hated everything and everyone i wanted to die forget it"

W62 May 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I had 2 miscarriages within six months of each other. After the 2nd, my anxiety was non-stop. I started having panic attacks. I tried paxil and Celexa which helped a little, but didn't take the anxiety away. I finally started zoloft a few months ago and at first I was zombie-like, and could barely stay awake, but my Dr encouraged me to give it 4 weeks. I did, and I am really happy that I toughed it out. I haven't been this calm since before my miscarriages. I am finally feeling relaxed and relief. The only negative effect I am having is teeth grinding/clenching but I had that on the other drugs as well. I am no longer exhausted, I feel normal again."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I am taking Zoloft for social anxiety, depression, OCD (27yo F). I have to start out by saying I had TERRIBLE side effects for the 1.5months (nausea, dizziness, migraines, panic attack) to the point where I almost stopped taking the tablet. I persisted and 7 months on Zoloft has completely changed my life. I have had depression and OCD for years and anxiety had started to take over my life. After the initial symptoms subsided, I feel like a better, confident and much happier version of former myself. Like many others it's hard to explain what I mean. It's the best thing I've ever done! Please try to persist!"

finners (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 22, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My 20 year old daughter was in a stump of being unmotivated , unhappy and very negative . She had always been very focused , happy and loved life. I recommended she go to her family physician and see about taking a low dose of anti depressant . 3 months later my daughter is back to herself . Zoloft has really helped her and she is a joy to be around again . She has claimed the only side effect is she had trouble sleeping the first 4 weeks when on Zoloft but now she's sleeping again ."

Maddcs May 21, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I am in my early 50s. The "docs" gave me this med initially for "stress". I was referred to a "psychiatrist" right after & I complied. The "Psychiatrist" announced I had "full blown clinic depression" even though all I felt was stress. I took the medication as prescribed (25mg), & had to endure 1 week of agony, but figured it was part of "the drug". I had muscle twitches, sweating, hot/cold sensation was thrown off, Blood pressure would shoot up & drop low, NO SLEEP at all for 1 week, before the "medication" took hold. Getting off the crap was just as bad if not worse. As a result of this med, I have become well acquainted with the local Sheriffs Dept, who showed up twice to "Baker Act" me For the side-affect - suicidal thoughts."

PammiePi2 May 19, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Started at 25 for about two weeks, then went to 50. Each dosage change brought back a few symptoms, but all are gone in a few days. Zoloft helped me a lot, I had never taken an anti depressant before so I was nervous. My intrusive thoughts are gone one month later!! Don't read to much into this page, it caused me to have anxiety/panic attacks. My biggest problem was swallowing, but that was due to anxiety, I didn't want to take the anxiety Meds on top of zoloft, so I just waited the attacks out, last max two hours. Just know to gradually increase your dosage and to check in with prescribing person when you have concerns. Side effects: nausea, fatigue, loose stools, blurry vision in morning, breast felt numb (gone now), dry mouth (gum!!)."

Elsaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

For Depression: "Took 8 weeks to improve depression minimal side effects"

Db2409 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I suffered panic attacks for 12 years from 1989 to 2001, almost every night. I switched doctors and he put me on Zoloft. I have been on it ever since, up to 150mg per day, and have suffered no side effects. It has been a life saver."

relenta3 (taken for 10 years or more) May 18, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I do not take this for depression whatsoever. It is prescribed to me to prevent fainting (vaso vagul syncope). It works wonders. I am 45 years old and take a small 25mg/pediatric dose. Have been taking it for several years and have not fainted since starting it."

Michigan Mamma May 17, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "It doesn't work even after upping the dosage several times"

Dick (Richard) (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I moved out to Arizona 6 years ago. Since then I have had difficulty transitioning from the Midwest to the southwest. I struggled keeping a job and maintaining any relationships due to my depression and anxiety. I tried Prozac , but had to many highs and lows. After 5 years, I finally got relief. Doctor put me on Zoloft. Zoloft has been a miracle drug for me. I have maintained the same job for over a year and have been in a munogonus relationship with my boyfriend. I sleep better and don't think so much. My family is so happy for me that i got the help i needed and we get along better. My thoughts would go into turmoil before and I would think the worst of everything then get stuck in a rut. It was hell."

Lisarose (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 11, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "After having several panic attacks over a 12mth period I was prescribed Zoloft. I had no idea that it would also help with so many other problems which I just thought were variations of "normal." I started on 25mg in the morning but found it made me feel tired so I changed to taking it before bed. Miraculously I was able to fall asleep within a few minutes instead of the usual 30 to 60 minutes. I also stayed asleep through the night, rarely waking but easily returning to sleep when I did. I felt less agitated and irritated by what now seems like fairly trivial things. Big problems in life still exist but they do not dominate my mind every waking moment. I no longer feel embarrassed in social situations and just feel generally content."

cocomonkey May 10, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I suffer from PTSD from my military experiences. I am in my early 40's female. I to find that 25 mg works for me. Any thing more and I have several side effects. Seriously, I am told it isn't much. it seems to be just enough. Without it I am grumpy and a bit mean, negative in my head and really anxious around crowds. With it I am normal, nice, funny, easy going, and my head is still clear because of the low dose."

Jen2016 May 7, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Zoloft has been hard for me. At first it was okay (besides the side effects, those were brutal) but now that I've been on it for almost 2 years, im starting to forget things and my mindset is never balanced. Some days are okay, but some days I'm panicky, shaky, can't remember much even if it happened less than a minute ago, and my depression starts back up. I really don't wanna move on to another medication because the withdraws of this medication is as brutal as the side effects but i feel like Zoloft isn't a long term drug for me."

mirandaa. May 6, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Well I've been taking Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks 50mg for 7 weeks now and it does work for panic and anxiety I havnt had an attack and my anxiety levels are pretty much low as can be, my mind feels clearer and I feel more relaxed and able to concentrate on things again, the only down side to taking this that I have felt is being tired a bit and being a bit lethargic and less motivation to do anything, also had very vivid dreams but they can be good so that's not a bad thing to deal with, looking to go back to see if I can lower the dose of possible to help with the feeling of lethargic/less energy but it does what it says it's stops panic and anxiety of you stick with it, I can relax again!"

Shaun griffiths May 4, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I took Zoloft for anxiety and panic attacks. It worked the first day! Only downside of this is I felt tired and zombie like. But it definitely helps."

LeaC21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2016

For Depression: "I have been suffering with depression since I was 9 years old. I was also diagnosed with PTSD, social anxiety disorder, generalized anxiety disorder, and AD/HD. I was going to start medication years ago, but found out that I was pregnant and unable to start a medication. After I delivery I developed PPD bringing the end of our relationship. A year later i decided that it was time for me to start taking a medication. I started out on 25mg daily and I felt better within days, but was still have depressive episodes, so moved up to 50mg. I have been on 50 for 2 months and still have some depressive episodes during my cycle but it's manageable. I have trouble sleeping but that's really it. My appetite has lessened but nothing major."

15YearDepression (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "In a desperate effort to get help for my anxiety, depression and PMDD symptoms I turned to Zoloft. I was happy with it at first as I did feel better. I was very tired however. A happy zombie really with poor concentration and memory and huge appetite. But after a few months the effects started to wear off. My Dr. Increased my dose steadily and with that my weight increased rapidly. Other side effects were uncontrollable diarrhea and TMJ. I discontinued the medication and after 9 months on it was left with a 17 pound weight gain mostly in my belly and back/upper sides. The other side effects are over and I didn't have many withdrawal symptoms. After 2 months my appetite and energy are back to normal but I've not lost a pound yet."

Peeled Pickles May 2, 2016

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Wow, I had a bizarre eperience with this medicine. I took it at 11AM. About an hour later, I developed a headache. Then an hour later I started having diarrhea. I began to feel giddy and very happy and hyper, restless, couldn't sit down, thought I was having the most amazing day ever - euphoric-type feeling. Then, as I went to bed, I turned off the lights and I began having bizarre, vivid hallucinations of elephants and ladybugs on my ceiling. Immediately, I decided I was no longer going to try this medicine! Too weird!!! I called my dr. and I'm going back on citalopram instead. But i know zoloft helps a lot of people too, just its not for me..."

Hope78555 April 30, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Zoloft has helped me tremendously! I am going on week 6. I kept going on the Internet reading the terrible side effects. I kept putting it off even though my sister in law is a pharmacist. I was scared. Terified. I'm in my 40s very fit. I kept thinking I would feel better. I thought it was hormones. I kept having panic attacks which didn't last long, but it still happened.There was a lot that happened over the course of the months and I believe my body just said enough. So once I experienced the panic attacks it fueled to the fire, worry set in and it was a terrible cycle. I started it after my friend opened up. I didn't feel alone. The first week I experienced diarrhea three days. No insomnia, no weight gain. I'm calmer for sure!"

Ddc2030 April 28, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "33 y/o female, 5'5, 125lbs, 200mg/day, 1 1/2 years and will continue indefinitely. Pros: social anxiety gone. Unbelievable. Able to start spontaneous conversations with "strangers", now able to develop and share deep, intimate friendships. Not hyper self conscious anymore. I joke around and enjoy making people laugh. Sexually uninhibited (with my husband)- seriously, the best sex I've ever had, I'm not self conscious at all anymore and I have no problems with orgasm- actually the opposite (best. ever.) Weight loss, 25-30lbs, and I feel light, energetic and happy with my body now. Food! I used to be a horribly picky eater my entire life, now I try new foods without a second thought and enjoy them! Zoloft has changed my life."

HeartsOpenWide (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "After breaking up with my high school sweetheart, I would have panic attacks that would violently wake me up at night. I knew I had a problem but it wasn't depression (later I realized anxiety) since I was happy to start over in college. My stress of attending school even as a commuter laid heavy on my mind as well. I went to my doctor, crying that I did not know what was wrong. After 3 years, I still remain on Zoloft/Sertraline at 25mg. I've always been told it's not a lot but it still really helps me. I rarely get panic attacks anymore, and if I do, I don't throw up or feel dizzy. I am happy that I haven't had any side effects or problems involving this medication."

Melissa S. April 28, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on Zoloft for 4 years and it's worked great for my depression. I take 50 mg per day."

Better84 April 26, 2016