User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Trichotillomania 3 reviews 3 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1300 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I am 6 days into Sertraline 50mg for panic disorder and want to reassure anyone who is terrified of starting this drug because they've read about all the terrible side effects, just as I was. I am a 23yr old female suffering from this for 8 years. Various therapies have helped but I keep relapsing. Last week I gave in and spoke to my Dr about meds. The first night I panicked because I was so scared of the side effects, which turned out to be mild at worst. Insomnia the first night, day 2 mild headache + slight diarrhea, and slight nausea on day 3+4, also loss of appetite. Overall, it felt like a mild hangover. I have felt slight anxiety at times, but it subsides quickly and doesn't develop. I'm feeling calmer already not even a week in!"

Cleo1992 (taken for less than 1 month) March 6, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Sertraline saved my education and my life. I had the side effects of mild dizziness for 3 days, decreased appetite for 3 weeks, and decreased sex drive for 3 weeks. Both came back though. I'm in my final year of high school, and I have struggled so much for the past 4 years due to severe panic disorder and MDD. I came very close to completely dropping out and being uncontrollably agoraphobic. I cried almost daily, things hit me harder than they did other people, my dad was at a loss. I was a straight A student until my severe mental illness almost ruined me. Sertraline 50mg has helped me learn to cope. I haven't missed a day of school due to anxiety this year, no unexpected full-blown panic attacks, I barely ever cry. I'm stronger."

Cnicholls998 March 5, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "It's been over a year now that I've been on Zoloft. I take 200 mg a day and I still cannot believe how much my life has changed/improved!! I am 36 years old and had been suffering from severe panic attacks, anxiety, and agoraphobia for almost 15 years...it was a complete challenge to get to work and even imagine a day without the feeling of anxiety from literally the time I woke up until I went to bed.. .I wasn't enjoying life at all, I was just existing. I had absolutely no control of my own conscious!! I finally decided that I had to try a prescription or else I would let this take over what little life I had completely! I started Zoloft on 25mg and worked up to the max of 200mg over about three months. It was the best decision ever!"

Winnie333 March 5, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "So far this drug has saved my life. After experiencing a traumatic experience I spiralled into a heavy depression coupled with anxiety. It's only been one week and I'm no longer crying daily and the hopeless feeling is subsiding. It's also helped stopped the obsessive thoughts I've been having about the traumatic event."

Lizbee1 (taken for less than 1 month) March 5, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Okay first of all! It will work! You need to give it time. Don't search up how long it will work that gives you more anxiety! Mine took a while to work. I was originally on 50mg and my appetite was getting better. But after 3 weeks my sleep still wasn't better and I had to up my dose to 100mg. I am starting to sleep normally again after taking this for 6 weeks! I really do fully feel like my self and I'm not waking up with panic anymore. It makes you feel so good to the point that you feel so normal that you'll be wondering if you don't need to take it anymore. I fortunately only get anxiety because I'm in school. So I hope to taper off of it after I'm done with school!"

Nursing School Problems (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I been on Zoloft for almost a month an I started on 25mg the first 1 to 2 weeks were ok I had mild nausea heart racing insomnia but went away start working but when I up my dose to 50 mg nausea burning stomach gas running to the bathroom I hope this feeling goes away soon scared."

Babylionhead March 4, 2016

For Depression: "It is definitely by far the best medicine for anxiety,and depression,it reduces them in a month by 90%.The downside is the stomach problem with the med.,it looks like never goes away..."

Anonymous March 4, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "This med works for anxiety but....I have been on sooo many meds. I need it more for anxiety than depression and that is why I chose Zoloft. It does work for the anxiety only. Problem after taking it for a couple years is my sleep is so disrupted, I clench my jaw so bad that when I wake up I have headaches, as well as my body. I find myself all clenched up in a ball and then my body is sore from being tense, and feel foggy headed. Newest problem is memory issues. I guess it is this meds. The sex was affected some... no weight gain. Of course when you start any medicine, you have the normal, sweating, nauseous, dray mouth, but those things go away. You have to give all medicines time to work!!! I am going to wean off & onto Cymbalta"

ECJames March 3, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I have been on Zoloft for 6 months 100mg a day. It worked great for me. Then out of the blue I started feel bad again like I felt before I started Zoloft. Low energy & borderline anxiety attacks all day every day."

britney31915 March 1, 2016

For Depression: "I have suffered with depression for about 10 years, every time I'd go to the doctors I was told 'it was just hormones' or 'it's your pill'. But about 18 months ago it became unbearable, I didn't want to be here anymore, I couldn't handle being on my own, I almost lost my job, I couldn't sleep, I literally couldn't make it through the day without having a breakdown. Since taking the tablets (150mg) my life has changed, for the first time in a long time I am genuinely happy with my life. I still have my moments, but I only get upset when something worth getting upset about happens, which I am glad for as my main fear was that the tablets would make me emotionally numb. I am so pleased I finally got the help I needed."

Charlie90 February 28, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I can say this medication works... I do not write reviews but I been that person on the net looking for answers for PMDD. I had all the signs of PMDD but most Doctors don't address mental issues during your well woman exam. I spoke with a NP one day and she listen. Zoloft work instantly... I feel normal for once in 9 years. I feel level headed. I hated the person I was.. I was mean and unapologetic. I was emotional wreck. I could cry at a drop of a hat. Zoloft takes that agitation and highs/lows away. If your pms is extreme get help, it's pmdd don't stop until you find a doctor that will listen. Zoloft might not be part of your success story but don't stop until you get your happy ending."

TexasGurl February 27, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Zoloft has given me the last leap I need to heal my mind. I have been struggling with severe anxiety, insomnia and bouts of depression for 3 years. While I have been off work into therapy and other means of rehabilitation, for the first time in years I actually feel calmer most the time, and mostly happy. I'm so grateful. It's been trial and error and a slow process, but I know my self-care is my main priority now. See more of my story:mental-health-matters-a-womans-story-of-the-struggle. Good luck to all."

Unimatrix1981 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "Hello all. I just want to say I am so grateful for this page! I am up at 330am with my 4th 4plus days long panic and anxiety attack in as many months. I tried the zoloft bc I had great success with it when I had post partum. I am extremely leary of medications because of a bad drug reaction that I had to some meds. So when I started the zoloft again and got a headache which triggered a panic attack. I stopped. I went too much too fast. And now after seeing so many great reviews. I'm gonna give it a try again. And hope I can come back and give this a 10!! You guys know my pain. So thank you so much!!!!!"

Tinabena February 25, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I've been on Zoloft since I was 21 and I'm now 31. One day I woke up with intense crying, depression, anxiety , fear of family and friends dying and self harm . My personality is one of a very happy go lucky girl and I refused to live with this nightmare. So my doctor put me on 50mg Zoloft. It took about a month for it to work and I had the tiredness, yawning , feeling completely out of it , to waking up and feeling amazing . I have tried to come off Zoloft throughout the years and man the side affects suck ! Intense anxiety, feels like your brain is exploding and vertigo. If you do decide to come off make sure you're under the supervision of your doctor. To this day zoloft has helped me and I will be on this for the rest of my life."

Kristin84 (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2016

For Dysthymia: "I have manic depression and anxiety. I was moved to 100mg quite soon after starting it. I got used to 50mg after a week or two. I haven't been suicidal much since the start. They have been really effective. My side effects have been drowsiness. It used to help with my nightmares but not so much anymore. At first I was extremely thirsty now it's not as bad. I used to get lesions of dry skin everywhere which was so upsetting. But it's gone now. I had itchy skin. But overall its been helpful."

Plush (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 24, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I Have been on this medication for over a year. Was prescribed 50mg by my doctor due to severe anxiety and panic disorder. I have since not had a single severe panic attack, it also helped a little with my social anxiety. However, it takes longer to reach orgasm and I am only in the mood at nighttime and I have gained 40 pounds and I seem to lack motivation, I also feel like the effects are slowly wearing off so I may have to up the dose slightly or switch to a new medication. I had no initial side effects. I think this medicine works a lot better for anxiety than depression."

Worrierobsessed February 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I'm 24 years old and have suffered anxiety and Panic disorder now for 2 years. Unfortunately my diagnosis was not made until 6 months ago and before that I was severely stuffed around by the medical profession making my Panic and anxiety that much worse. I'm on to day 16 of this medication and i'm hoping it is yet to take full effect. I have definitely noticed an improvement as I haven't had a full blown attack for 2 weeks however I still think of them and feel them coming on daily, this may well be a habitual thing though and from what I've read it can take 4-6 weeks so i'm feeling hopeful. I had all the side effects but these were easy compared to the panic attacks I was experiencing. I'll check in soon to see if that switch has flicked:)"

Chrissypie February 23, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Hi everyone. I am recently a new user of zoloft. I am in the process of weaning off the current antidepressant pristiq, which I feel has been not helping me...so my therapist recommended zoloft. She had me start by weaning off pristiq by taking my full dosage and half dosage of zoloft and by week 4 I'll be completely off pristiq and on zoloft. I'm curious how everyone feels about zolof...their side affects, improvements etc. I suffer from anxiety attacks and slight depression."

missteecpa333000 February 22, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "I'm 39 (almost 40) I've got 3 kids and have been on this medicine for the last 18 years. I went off of it once when I was pregnant and kept taking it when I had my youngest. He is 14 now and healthy as a lark. I have suffered from anxiety and panic disorder since I was 16. It's been a rough ride but I don't think I could've done it without this medication. I took 50mg for a few years then 75mg and I just started on 100mg. The side effects suck but they go away and are worth living again. I'm on day 5 of 100mg and have had panic attack but I am able to calm myself down. I can tell my appetite has increased but when I feel better and can get out of the house and drive I will start excerising again. It's not going to work immediately be patient"

Happinchik February 21, 2016

For Panic Disorder: "Best thing thy ever happened to me. Been taking it for a year and a half and can't even explain the unexplainable things it has done for me. It has boosted my confidence tramendousely, it has given me a stronger, more independent mind set, reduced my panic attacks dramatically, reduced my feel for depression, it has given me the ability to be myself. You wouldn't understand how much of an improvement it's made as you didn't see how low of a place I was in, I was suicidal, depressed, angry, tired, panicky all day every day, until I finally found sertraline! Although the only problem is I get a bit drowsy some times but I believe that is involved with the smoking... But over all sertraline saved my life!! X"

Sophiee (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 21, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Yo so I was prescribed Zoloft for Depression, Adult Major Depressive Disorder, and PTSD. It has only been a couple months so maybe I'm not one to judge yet. I guess I feel okay. Like I feel less extremely depressed, I'm still a sad girl tho, and honestly I feel like I could stop and feel pretty much the same. Although withdrawals are a bitch. There have been weekends where I have left my pills somewhere or not gotten a re-up from my doc and believe me my boyfriend, friends, and fam can all tell something is up when i'm not on my meds. I'm just quicker to react to shit and not really okay and feel kinda insane. I'm getting off Zoloft now. I wouldn't say it was bad I just need more help. I didn't feel motivated to do anything ever. soo... :/ yah"

turbur (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 19, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'd struggled with anxiety all throughout my 22 years of life, and it started to get quite debilitating the last 6-10 months. My obsessive thoughts started to get uncontrollable to the point where I felt like I was in a trance/not there almost always. My psychiatrist suggested Sertraline and after hearing all the horror stories of the initial anxiety I was quite scared. I started on a quarter of a 50mg pill, so 12.5mg. I've been on it for over a week now and already my symptoms have improved immensely. Surprisingly, I haven't had any negative side effects at all (apart from a loss of appetite). I have control over my thoughts and they are rational again. I'm already feeling like my old self. Give it a go, goodluck!"

AnxiousGay (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Took this for 6 to 8 weeks. Attempted suicide twice while on it. Sometimes this medicine works great for some, but for me, it made me a lot worse."

Kay_22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Depression: "I've had severe depression for 6 years, and just now began to take medications. I began at 50 mg, which was quickly bumped up to 100 mg only 2 weeks later due to no effects. Two weeks later, I was bumped up again to 150 mg. I have yet to notice any positive effects, but my parents say that I have been more pleasant to live with. I'm just as much, if not more, suicidal. Yet my parents claim that it has been working, I'm still not so sure. However, I haven't had any side effects until after my 2nd week of taking 150 mg. I've struggled with diarrhea and loose stools, unusual drowsiness, increased sleep (to the point it is unhealthy), stomach cramps, gas, hot flashes, headaches, vivid nightmares and abnormal dreams, increased thirst, etc"

amanda 17 February 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "At first I lost a little weight probably from the nausea in the beginning. Yes, It did seem to help my anxiety. But, as time went on I steadily gained 20lbs in the 9 months I was on this. I was always a healthy weight for my height. Now I am chunky. I tapered off slowly with my doctor's help. I've been off sertraline for 3 months. I have exercised daily, 30-45 min runs 5-7 days a week, I have upped my protein and cut calories, my weight has not budged. There is no doubt in my mind that this AD destroyed my metabolism. I'm not giving up and will continue to diet and exercise. I would never recommend this ssri to anyone unless they are fine with getting fat. I wish my dr had advised me of this. :("

Tbone1812 February 18, 2016