User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Dysautonomia 0 reviews 53 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 982 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

For Panic Disorder: "I've only been taking this medication for a few days but I already feel like I owe it a review. Been on 25mg for a week for panic disorder and it has completely changed me. Reduced the negative thoughts leading to panic, and a more secure feeling about my life in general. I have also begun to have a better quality of sleep. When you begin taking this medication you may experience slight nausea and increased panic. This is normal and goes away after a day or 2 to leave you feeling relaxed and happy. The only drawback I find to this medication is that orgasms can be too intense, other than that I couldn't recommend it enough. I've given it an 8 rating for now as I've yet to see how I go in the future."

Mark_Jones April 16, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I had been a marijuana smoker for many years but stopped and then found I was depressed, couldn't sleep or concentrate very well and would get panic attacks. My drug & alcohol physician put me onto Prozac but after just one tablet, I suffered anxiety and was very jittery and almost felt sea-sick and terrified. He then prescribed Zoloft for me. What a WONDERFUL drug! After one day, I felt focussed, clear headed and happy. I went on to attend Melbourne University as a mature aged student and studied philiosophy - it was amazing. I'd never felt so intelligent or capable in my life. I eventually came off Zoloft after a few years and have never looked back. It may not suit everyone but it certainly was just what I needed!"

Alabama Brown April 13, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I decided to try Zoloft after seeing the great reviews online for panic disorder and its overwhelming support for it. I have been on 75mg Zoloft for 5 weeks and cant say it has helped at all, in fact I'm having more panic attacks than usual on it. I also can't get to sleep and feel a depressing numbness throughout the day. I am prepared to accept that maybe I need a higher dose or need to wait longer but I highly doubt it, I feel certain in saying that this medication does not work at all for me. PEACE."

Dandalion (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 12, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Was on for 3 weeks. Went from having anxiety and panic attacks to having severe depression and suicidal thoughts."

Th3Machin3 April 10, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I have had anxiety, panic attacks & obsessive thoughts for years on and off. About 5 months ago I started to get horrible non-stop intrusive thoughts I knew the thoughts/fears/worries were nonsense but I couldn't turn them off. I was in a panic attack from the moment I woke up to the moment I fell asleep. I would wake up several times at night in full blown panic....it was horrible. I never ever wanted to take medicine I was so afraid of it not working or it making me worse. Zoloft has helped me so much at first I had a good day then a bad day and I wasn't sure if that was normal. after 2 months the doctor upped my dose then a month later I felt better then 100% still a little anxious during my period but very mild and manageable."

Gem1030 April 10, 2015

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I am a recovering alcoholic with 20 months sobriety and it became very clear to me that simply working the steps and following the AA program would not alleviate my depression. I have been on 50mg sertraline for a week now... I have moderate side effects ranging from insomnia (which I already experience anyway), to constipation and a feeling of being drugged. I somehow have the inability to cry, which is good because I sobbed uncontrollably from depression and PTSD nearly daily. I have faith that combining an SSRI with therapy will finally give me relief. I already feel as though my emotions are evening out, as I have had less ups and downs this week. If you are in recovery I highly recommend seeking mental professional help."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I have been on Zoloft for a bit now and am on a 50mg dose. I find it has made a world of difference. I was taking it after dinner and had real bad insomnia and buzzing etc. So I told my doctor and we changed the schedule so I started taking it in the morning and I sleep great at night. Zoloft has helped with my depression and anxiety. I haven't felt this great since I can't even remember when. If your having bad side effects like the insomnia talk to your doctor and change the times you take your meds."

2344415emz2626266 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 7, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Zoloft is a miracle. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and since taking them I feel so much better .I can sleep at night and wake up refreshed and feel I could climb a mountain. Truly a wonderful medicine."

sazz22 April 3, 2015

80 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Has helped enough that I still take it. A word of warning though, you may experience incontinence soon after (that lovely 'd' word). In my case, it only takes about 5 minutes before nature comes calling (!) Up until recently, I attributed it to the coffee I have every morning with my breakfast, as caffeine is apparently a common cause. Then I spoke to a friend who'd stopped taking Zoloft because of this side effect and it suddenly dawned on me. So I tested it. Had my usual breakfast & coffee, this time without the meds. 1/2 hour went by, no complaints down below. Took the Zoloft and sure enough, 4 or 5 minutes later, off to the the toilet again. It's not a huge problem for me since it's predictable, only happens in the morning, and the drug does help depression-wise but some people may not feel the same way (no pun intended). Interestingly, I take the same dose again in the evening with no side-effect, so I suspect the morning combination with coffee may play a part."

Stuart_D (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 3, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was on 100mg of Zoloft and started suffering from severe insomnia after being on it only 2months. Dr tappered me down to 50 mg and then done in a week, withdrawls were dinging head, zap and buzzing ears plus severe insomnia."

Need sugessions (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 3, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've taken Zoloft off and on within the last 3 years. I do much better with it. I went from being so low that I couldn't take care of myself because of anxiety and depression. With Zoloft and better life circumstances I am doing much better. I'm actually happy! Right now I'm on 25 milligrams. Sometimes I'm on 50. When I had postpartum blues, 100 milligrams was necessary to feel positive."

red4 April 2, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I've tried several medications and so far this one has been the best anti-depressant that prevents panic attacks. I used to have at least three a day, now I only get them in extreme circumstances like when a family member passed away. It used to be dangerous for me to drive since events on the road would trigger a panic attack. Life is a lot easier on Zoloft."

kitkat4224 April 1, 2015

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "Zoloft (Sertraline) is an SDRI which was prescribed to me for Social Anxiety and Depression. I am currently at 200mg, although I started at 25mg and was eventually risen to my current dose. This was not rapid, as it actually took three months before I reached my current dose due to an insufficient response to lower doses. In my experience, this medication managed to ease my depression - from severe to mild and persistent to occasional, also this effect was notable at only 75mg. Social Anxiety was slightly more troublesome, not responding to lower doses although I eventually, after three months, began to notice a slight change in the severity of my SAnD when I reached 150mg. I am currently noticing changes, although quite slowly."

xDan (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 1, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "This stuff has really helped me! Before taking it, I was always angry or depressed. Now for once I finally feel relaxed and I'm not so high strung either! I've never been able to just take a break! Finally I can! I wish I took it sooner!"

stripednalem April 1, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I got put on this medication about 3 days ago and my first time taking it was in the morning. There are two side effects I've had, the first day taking it I felt kinda nauseous and I threw up, but after that I was completely fine! I also have had a decreased appetite, but in my opinion that's a good thing, considering I want to lose a bit of weight. I was suffering for major depression, and got put on this medicine because I was caught in the middle of attempting suicide. But since I've started this, I haven't had a single suicidal thought! I would definitely recommend this. Although ive been on it for just a few days, I already discover improvement."

Amazing! March 31, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I thought I was too far gone. I have Pure O - every second of every single day was torture. I didn't want to live any more, I couldn't with the obsessive thoughts that were so antithetical to who I was. Constantly I would tell myself who I was but the OCD would always trick me out of my logic; but OCD has your whole imagination at its disposal. I got a lot worse before I got better on Sertraline: REMEMBER WHO YOU ARE AND STICK IT OUT. One day you'll feel like you've been punched and woken up from a bad dream. If I can do it when I was on the verge of suicide, you can too. I believe in you."

Joey576 (taken for less than 1 month) March 31, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "It took a little while to get the dosage right because I took it slow but now I have improved so much! I did 50mg for a month, 100mg for a month and finally 150mg a month. I have my life back! My anxiety and panic is no longer crippling."

mrsalhurt (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 30, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was put on Zoloft to regulate my moods as my hormones were very off kilter with extreme highs and lows. The medicine started taking effect with in a week and now I feel Very calm and relaxed all the time. The only side effects are that is leaves me Extremely tiered, and also with a bit of cotton mouth."

JeanBrz March 26, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "i am a Desert Storm veteran and for years i have suffered at the hands of depacote, lithium and wellbutrin (one after the other) and i just felt more and more miserable and doomed. then my doctor prescribed zoloft 2 years ago and it literally saved my life. now i am able to function normally and am really enjoying my life for the first time in 2 decades. it is my life saver and has changed my life forever. before zoloft i felt so depressed and hopeless. thank you, you have given me my joy in life back!"

timberon mellie (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 25, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I primary start taking Zoloft for panic attacks. But I also suffer from PMDD. I stopped being crazy prior to my menstruation cause of bc and zoloft.Until 6 months ago EVERY two weeks I was breaking up with bae. We get along on my period and one week after and then it will usually start. Third week of ciklus we didn't seeing each other and after that I usually get period and calm.It is surprise we didn't break up for good and I can't even describe what that does for our sex life.I had terrible fights with my mom and I felt like I'm most miserable person in world. Not anymore. I was scared when I stop taking birth control that I will again start acting nut but now is Zoloft taking care of that."

nadinatal (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2015

For Dissociative Identity Disorder: "I had what was called depersonalization and derealization from my severe anxiety. I tried every natural thing i could think of. Exercise, eat right, distraction etc... but i lost hope because i couldn't push past this feeling. So i tried zoloft as my last hope and started with 25mg and i had some side effects but not bad. I will say it was worth it. My dr upped it to 50mg which gave me the most benefit. It was a lifesaver! Im so glad i tried it. I took it for 6 months and weaned from it 6 months and it was perfect. However 3 years later i have bad anxiety again due to stressors in my life so im willing to try it again but as far as dissasociating still very minimal. Hope this helps."

kendrah198907 March 24, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Changed my life. Night and day difference. Only side effect... Sleepiness"

Clay D March 24, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Went on Zoloft after Celexa stopped working and I quit cold turkey(don't do!!) Made me feel 10x worse within days. Not for me. Now on Pristiq which helps but has horrible withdrawals if you skip or are too late for a pill."

Amr0k March 23, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I was extremely wary of taking this medication, but I am so glad that I did. I suffered with panic attacks at night time until I took this medication. I started off on 25mg then slowly increased to 100mg. I do not suffer from panic attacks anymore, and I feel awesome! I can finally get a restful night of sleep."

larpop (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I was hesitant to post a review since I haven't even been taking sertaline a week yet. However, I'll share for anyone looking for an initial experience. Although it's common for this medication to to kick in for at least two weeks, I do believe I have felt a slight difference thus far. I've been going through emotional relationship issues for about a month now. Before starting this medication, I had CONSTANT recurring negative thoughts, I would feel down almost all day, I wouldn't have any motivation and my work ethic had plummeted. 5 days on the medication and it has stopped the recurring thoughts. While I still experience the pain of the situation, I'm still able to feel like myself without the anxiety having such a strong effect on me."

B. Rasmhss March 21, 2015