Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 0 reviews 0 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 859 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by blahk (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I've always had generalized anxiety & social anxiety ever since I can remember, but I would still push myself to go places like mall, Walmart, or just walk out my front door, not knowing what was wrong with me. So around 17 I dropped out of school, & started working as a cashier, did good & managed to control my anxiety, until I'm 18 now, and here come the panic attacks & agoraphobia kicking in. I hated leaving the house & just being around people period. So I quit my job; I went to the doctor he put me on Paxil 10mg, then Paxil 20mg didnt do anything, then Zoloft 50mg then 100mg a month later. Overall my mood is much better/calmer. I'm still a shaky mess in public & even around people.

November 22, 2014 10:35 PM

Review by Calmified:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: There was a point where I had been forgetting to take the Zoloft that had been prescribed to me for social anxiety (and it had worked quite well in decreasing the symptoms of that disorder) and during the time I had been forgetting to take the meds, things took a turn for the worse. It all started with an intrusive thought, and that was what triggered my first, horrific episode of Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. It took me a while to piece together the reason why the OCD had developed and persisted, but finally I realized that my Zoloft had possibly been suppressing an earlier development of OCD due to it's anti-anxiety effects (OCD is characterized by anxiety.) I then got back on the medication, and it literally only took an hour for the OCD to significantly vanish.

November 22, 2014 8:44 PM

Review by Amazed and Grateful (taken for less than 1 month):

For Anxiety and Stress: I have ALWAYS suffered from anxiety and depression. It has been my experience that meds often do not act "typically" when I take them, so I was wary of sertraline. I started out with 25 mg per day from my psychiatris. When he prompted me to increase to 50 mg, I did so, and experienced the "zoned-out" feeling of unreality--not scary--just distracting. When I stay at 25 mg per day, I feel normal. Anxiety is at a minimum, and depression is manageable. I feel fortunate and blessed. I just wonder why such a low dose for me has such a huge positive impact. Anyone else experience this phenomenom?

56 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 22, 2014 8:28 PM

Review by Molly woppit:

For Bipolar Disorder: Zoloft brought me out of a deep depression nothing else worked. I am concerned it will make me manic as im bipolar 1, so far so good. I do get a tremor with it but I'm also on lithium.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 21, 2014 2:48 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Feel so good when it finally start working at day #15. Feel calm in public for the first time in my life. Only cons is not able to orgasm and increased sweating.

November 20, 2014 2:21 PM

Review by Toxica (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I started to develop depression around puberty, over the years it became more and more intense. Some days I would cry and have to leave school, around two years ago my Doctor put me on 50mg of Zoloft. The first few weeks were a wreck, I had terrible nausea, was tired all the time, could barely eat, and some days I would experience a zombie feeling. After the Zoloft started to kick in the side effects subsided. I went through bouts of not taking it and then I would feel bad and start taking it again, every time I went back on the pill the stomach pains increased to were I would eat once every other day. Since then I have been put on a new medication that I hope starts kicking in. All in all Zoloft was amazing, if you stick to it.

November 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Review by Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!

151 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by brendiszz (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I have been taking Setraline for 6 months due to Anxiety and mild depression. I am a natural happy and outgoing woman, but due to pressure and high expectations, I guess, I started feeling anxious and sad all the time. I used to feel chest tightness, rapid palpitations and fear to fail or not do good in life and eventually become a failure. I remember I used to get horrible headaches on a daily basis and even stomach issues. Mind you, I even had a colonoscopy and endoscopy done due to the severity of the digestive problem although the results were okay. Also, I hadinsomia and fatigue. I must confess that all those terrible "symptoms" went away once I started taking this medicine. My mood has improved and I've noticed that I am much happier.

November 12, 2014 2:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I've been on Zoloft for the past four months and it's worked great! I'd been on 3 other medications before that and none of them have worked as well as Zoloft when it's coupled with 15mg of Buspar and 20mg of Adderall. My anxiety has dropped, my mood has improved dramatically, and I've even lost weight, which I haven't been able to do since I recovered from my eating disorder. Unfortunately I think I'm going to have to have my dosage upped because of my Seasonal Affective Disorder, but otherwise it's worked very well.

November 11, 2014 7:18 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: I was diagnosed with GAD about four months ago, and I started taking 25mg of Zoloft daily. It works wonders!! I'm more calm and able to do things that I used to.

November 10, 2014 4:41 PM

Review by Jose88:

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Excellent for this condition!!

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 9, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by catpack:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking sertraline for 2 months it has helped with some symptoms. It has made me feel quite low at tmes I am now taking 200mg but I am not quite convinced it is the right meds for me.

November 9, 2014 6:11 AM

Review by pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!

104 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by thx4sharron (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I had major depression from the time I started menstruating. It would cycle with my cycle. It caused paranoia, and fear of being seen outside my home. It feared going to my mail box, yet, at times I would sign up to do things like be an Avon Lady! I felt crazy. In my mid 30's, divorced, alcoholic, my doctor prescribed Prozac. It didn't seem to help me. Later in recovery but still profoundly depressed, she put me on Zoloft and the result was instantaneous. I felt like a window to my life had been opened. I wasn't afraid. I looked forward to getting out of bed. I found things I liked to do. I have a healthy relationship, a good job, a life. I have been given my life back. Now, I am 16 years sober. Thank you Zoloft.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Review by There's hope!! Read this!:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Just a few weeks ago I was reading all these reviews in tears. I am a 36 yr old mother of two & suddenly I started having panic attacks. I was so scared to start taking Zoloft because I thought it would "change" me, or make me feel "off." This was SO not the case! I tried everything natural I could first-- but I was still having anxiety regularly. I was also having negative thoughts that I could not stop, I would have to actively try not to think about certain things, and I really struggled with that. I have been on Zoloft about 2 weeks and all of that has stopped! I feel happy! I didn't even realize I had been in a funk, I feel so so SO much better now. To anyone reading this, you're not alone, it can and will get better!

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Review by HanGal:

For Depression: On my 14th day of sertraline and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Admittedly the first week was pretty terrible, it worsened my depression and anxiety quite alot but now that's eased, I feel wonderful! I was in such a state before, nothing made sense - I literally couldn't enjoy anything. I finally feel like I'm going to get my life back, and can once again enjoy the sun on my face.

October 28, 2014 8:30 AM

Review by jackman7800:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: My obsessive compulsive disorder is lifted and is relieved almost immediately best pill ever!

October 27, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Sig (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Generic Sertraline gave me some relief but it made me jittery and gave me headaches. After reading testimonials I insisted on the name brand Zoloft. so glad I did. It's like a completely different medicine. More relaxed and not full of negative thinking. I still get overly anxious if something stressful happens but it doesn't last long. Side effects are more tolerable, though it does make me tired.

88 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 2:11 AM

Review by hii (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Not helping for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. On max dose now, and still nothing. I get this feeling of the skin on my head contracting...I don't know if that's normal.

October 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. On the 25mg I didn't notice any kind of difference. I was suffering from major depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. My dr bumped me up to a 50mg dose & have stayed here for about 8 months now. My girlfriend calls it my "happy pills" because when I forget to take a dose or two, everyone can tell.

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I would have panic attacks and would cut myself to avoid feeling nervous and anxious about things I couldn't control. I pretty much had a great experience while I was on Zoloft. I was taking 100mgs a day. Very few panic attacks and if I would have feelings of panic, it was much less intense. After about a year, I decided I no longer wanted to be taking anti depressants. I weaned myself off of it. First week I took 75mg, then 50, then 25. This is the end of my first full week off Zoloft and for the most part I feel fine. I think the medicine helps. I noticed my smoking habit has started to come back as my desire for a cigarette while on Zoloft was minimal.

October 19, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by calabsv (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I'm in New Zealand and thankfully medication is fully covered here. In Feb I had my first panic attack and the next day it became a daily things, just waiting for the next one and horrible anxiety all the time. I sought help right away, as I was very sacred off the possible side effects of SSRIs I opted to try alternative options including Buspar, none of which really worked. Finally I decided to go on sertraline. I started very low on 25 mg Building to 100mg over 3 months. I have to say it's the best decision I ever made, side effects were minimal, just higher anxiety with dose increases but once I knew to expect it it was not so scary. I also have had no sexual side effects. This medicine has made life livable again, if you need it take.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Skyfall007:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft has helped me a lot. I suffered from mild depression and mild anxiety for years. I'm a 38 yr old male. I requested Zoloft from the Dr. And I'm on the 50mg dose. It started working right away. I felt effects the first night. I was sick the next day but that was the only time. I had some euphoria during the first couple of weeks. Next to impossible to orgasim. I have zero anxiety it's amazing. Not as depressed but didn't fully take it away but really helped. It was the right choice for me. Highly recommended. I would make the same choice.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by scotty888 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been reading a lot of reviews on this site, let me tell those that are new to this or thinking of going on sertraline. I have horrible side effects with medication and got serotonin syndrome on citalopram. I was scared to death of going on sertraline. I'm on day 17 on 50mg and I honestly say I've not had one single side effect at all. Its starting to hit me and I feel amazing. 100 times better than having anxiety. Wow

174 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Review by cam2549 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for just over 2 years for Post traumatic stress disorder and depression. At my worst I was on 150mg and this held me quite well, I was determined not to be on the full 200mg. Initially the shakes and the tiredness bothered me, but not as much as how I felt when I missed a dose. On every increase I would have a day or two where my mind and mouth raced. This provided a few giggles. A huge improvement from crying and refusing to leave the house. Combining therapy and medication has helped me get my life back. I am now on the decrease as the masses of weight I have put on in a short period of time, my least favourite side effect, regardless of how much I exercise and how good my diet is. Just keeps adding on. Now 50mg daily and doing well.

October 13, 2014 11:00 PM