User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Trichotillomania 3 reviews 3 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1279 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Sertraline

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I'd struggled with anxiety all throughout my 22 years of life, and it started to get quite debilitating the last 6-10 months. My obsessive thoughts started to get uncontrollable to the point where I felt like I was in a trance/not there almost always. My psychiatrist suggested Sertraline and after hearing all the horror stories of the initial anxiety I was quite scared. I started on a quarter of a 50mg pill, so 12.5mg. I've been on it for over a week now and already my symptoms have improved immensely. Surprisingly, I haven't had any negative side effects at all (apart from a loss of appetite). I have control over my thoughts and they are rational again. I'm already feeling like my old self. Give it a go, goodluck!"

AnxiousGay (taken for less than 1 month) February 19, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Took this for 6 to 8 weeks. Attempted suicide twice while on it. Sometimes this medicine works great for some, but for me, it made me a lot worse."

Kay_22 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2016

For Depression: "I've had severe depression for 6 years, and just now began to take medications. I began at 50 mg, which was quickly bumped up to 100 mg only 2 weeks later due to no effects. Two weeks later, I was bumped up again to 150 mg. I have yet to notice any positive effects, but my parents say that I have been more pleasant to live with. I'm just as much, if not more, suicidal. Yet my parents claim that it has been working, I'm still not so sure. However, I haven't had any side effects until after my 2nd week of taking 150 mg. I've struggled with diarrhea and loose stools, unusual drowsiness, increased sleep (to the point it is unhealthy), stomach cramps, gas, hot flashes, headaches, vivid nightmares and abnormal dreams, increased thirst, etc"

amanda 17 February 18, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "At first I lost a little weight probably from the nausea in the beginning. Yes, It did seem to help my anxiety. But, as time went on I steadily gained 20lbs in the 9 months I was on this. I was always a healthy weight for my height. Now I am chunky. I tapered off slowly with my doctor's help. I've been off sertraline for 3 months. I have exercised daily, 30-45 min runs 5-7 days a week, I have upped my protein and cut calories, my weight has not budged. There is no doubt in my mind that this AD destroyed my metabolism. I'm not giving up and will continue to diet and exercise. I would never recommend this ssri to anyone unless they are fine with getting fat. I wish my dr had advised me of this. :("

Tbone1812 February 18, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was prescribed Zoloft for depression anxiety and OCD. I was excited to take it. My parents kept me on the holistic lifestyle growing up so I was ready for something to really work for me. Seeing how severe my depression and anxiety were is in my adulthood I decided to try it. 1st day I thought I knew what I was in for but once I experienced it- it was strange it's a very strong drug. felt good initially. It was working and I felt happier like my mind was fixing itself. I noticed how dark of a place I was in. 2nd day I started feeling the negative side effects like feeling tired and restless at the same time which is an awkward and horrible feeling and my anxiety got worse. Also dizzy and ringing ears. I may go back on it but I'm checking w my dr."

Jennycar (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "I have suffered with anxiety and severe depression for years. I had tried group therapy as well as one on one sessions with a psychiatrist but it was not much help. I would sit at a meeting or in a class and look normal but I would be going crazy inside with my thoughts racing out of control, and this would last nonstop for days. It also made social situations extremely difficult. My doc put me on Sertraline first at 25m and upped it to 50m after a month. Except for a bit of nausea I had almost no side effects and after about three weeks I started to notice some subtle changes. I've been on it going on four months now and I feel like a new person! I'm much more in control and my days now are calm and much happier. If u can relate plz try it"

Beach lover (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 17, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "After suffering from GAD, insomnia, and depression symptoms for almost a year my doctor and I finally agreed to try Zoloft. I had taken trazodone, amitriptyline, and escitalopram separately and in combination without prevail for this long period of time. Sertraline is much more tolerable than escitalopram so far and has allowed me to be myself and enjoy everything about life again. It has also been very helpful in treating premature ejaculation. If you are having trouble sleeping, worrying needlessly, and suffering through everyday do not hesitate to find the medication right for you. These medications may take much trial and error, but can be a lifesaver. I hope this is helpful to you, as other reviews have greatly encouraged me!"

Anonymous February 16, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Hello everyone!! I had been suffering from chest pain for about 3 years. I had all kinds of tests done and they all have come out normal. This chest pain was interfering with my everyday life. I started avoiding many things that I thought would contribute to my chest pain all with no success. My doctor then said that it was anxiety. He prescribed zoloft and I was really hesitant to take it. I have never been on an antidepressant and I was afraid. Well today is my 6th day on it and I already feel an improvement. I haven't had any side effects well only the 1st night I couldn't sleep but all is well now. I don't want to be on this for ever. I am planning on taking it for 6 months. I highly recommend Zoloft. I am on 50mg daily."

Kika P February 15, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "So far Zoloft has proven to be very helpful. I gave it the rating I did because it's only been two weeks on it. I have had 2 panic attacks today but so far so good. The Zoloft did keep them from going full blown. It's like I just all of a sudden began to calm down. I still feel a little anxious but I definitely have energy now. I started out on 25mg and then increased to 50mg the following week. I do have excessive yawning and some fatigue but overall this medicine is awesome. The doctors decided to try me on this because one day I just woke up and began to have panic attacks and they continually got worse. I was on Celexa 20mg which didn't help at all with anxiety. The reviews on this page definitely gives me hope to continue using this."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I've been suffering from manic depression and anxiety since I was a teenager. I came to my breaking point last month and finally sought professional help. I'm now on day 3 with taking Zoloft 25mg twice daily and I've noticed some difference already and it's for the better. I'm not really experiencing the side effects everyone is talking about and I'm sleeping just fine. I was a little sleepy the first day and body was a little sore but nothing like everyone is describing. I know its only been day 3 so its not really in my system. So I'll check in in a few weeks. Wish me luck"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 14, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on sertaline now for nearly a month I'm on 50mg, I suffer from just general anxiety. Since starting these tablets I lost a lot of weight in the first week along with feeling depressed and fatigue. I soon got my appitite back though. Recently I have been suffering with a bit of social anxiety kinda getting anxious about going outside and feeling anxious? May sound silly! With this medication you have to work around it and give it time. Work with the medication.. Eat good, sleep good (if you can) and listen to music and do anything that makes you happy. I really hope I see some more improvements soon as I'm out of work and being 18 in missing out on going out and seeing my friends because I don't feel like I can at the moment!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I'm on day 11 of taking Zoloft 25mg. Thus far, I hate this drug. Put on it for anxiety and panic attacks. Doc wouldn't prescribe Xanax as I have an addictive personality so wanted to avoid benzos altogether. I've experienced all the side effects of this drug within the first three days. Headaches, dizziness, diarrhea and anxiety seems worse than before I was put on this. I keep reading that it takes four to six weeks for the drug to take effect and that it gets worse before it gets better. Is this true? I'm supposed to try to stay on it a full month and go from there. I'm 41 and female. And thus far, hate this drug."

AnotherZoloftUser February 12, 2016

For Social Anxiety Disorder: "I've been on sertraline for nearly a month now. First week was hard. Very depressed, crying, and I couldn't eat at all. Week 2 was a lot better started staying at my boyfriends a lot more, eating better and starting to go out more. Recently my anxiety with going out is still at a low point. I used to love going for meals, long drives, popping into town. Recently it doesn't phase me and makes me feel nervous. Then again I've only been on them about three weeks.. Definitely will not stop taking them as it can make it so much worse! I find it very hard to leave my comfort zone.. Kinda get anxious about feeling anxious! No one is alone in this. Ignore the negative posts about sertaline.. They won't help the anxiety. Give it go yourself :)"

27Katie February 11, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on antidepressants since I was 15, now 23. Sertraline was great at first, changed my life for the better. Some side affects: sweating, migraines. Been on them for 5 years now and they stopped working about 12 months ago."

PhoebeD23 February 8, 2016

For Depression: "I was on this firstly for social anxiety disorder , after 1 month I felt pleased, happy and had interest in doing any thing then I concluded that I had mild depression but it has done nothing for my SAD, but it helped by giving me the desire to socialize .. my ratings : 10 for depression and 6 for SAD"

Hish-Ovech (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I've been on zoloft for since October 29th so about 3 months and I'm not as suicidal but the depression hasn't really gone away (I'm on 50mgs so maybe it's just talking longer to set in"

bearBae February 6, 2016

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This is an excellent antidepressant. It really helps lift you out of the black clouds. It's also energizing and weight neutral. I highly recommend."

branman February 5, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "My doctor started me on 50mg sertraline almost two weeks ago, I still feel just as bad as I did when I went... I have hot sweats, restless legs at night and heart palpitations. I'm hoping this will pass soon or will go back to the doctors."

anderson77777 February 4, 2016

For Anxiety and Stress: "Normally I would never write a review on a drug, but I've had such a positive experience with sertraline that I really want to help others with my experience. I've always suffered with severe anxiety & low mood, particularly in winter. I had a rough time with my PhD not going to plan several months ago & started to feel worse and worse, feeling anxious and panicky all the time. After cbt failed to work, I finally agreed to try sertraline. I was terrified of taking drugs, terrified of side effects and feeling worse. Started on 50mg, had a little nausea and anxiety but not too bad. After 3 weeks my doctor upped me to 100mg. 3 months later & my anxiety has almost entirely gone & my mood is always good! I'm so happy I gave this drug a chance!"

Belle79 February 4, 2016

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Hi Everyone, I've recently been offered a very good job in the insurance industry training bank staff on insurance products and doing presentations to different people EVERY DAY. I am an insurance specialist but have never had to present to strangers let alone present to a new bank with new people every day. I'm in day 3 of my new role, first day went shaky, but okay. Second day went alot better, but this morning my social anxiety got the better of me and I choked in my presentation this morning. My words came out wrong, I started shaking and sweating. I had to get up for a glass of water. I couldn't continue and I felt embarrassed in from of a crowd of people listening to "the expert". I blamed it on my asthma. What do I do???"

Insurance Man2 February 3, 2016

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was switched over to this medication after taking celexa for 6 years and a trial run of cymbyax. I know you have to wait for medications to work, so I stuck it out. 2 months later and nothing had changed. My anxiety gets so bad that I actually crash (sleep, fatigue). It's like my mind goes 100 mph and I go just as fast. My anger outburst got worse as my anxiety kicked into high gear after taking this. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it won't work for the next person! It works great for my sister in law, but for me it just made things worse."

Mommabear86 February 3, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "This medication has saved my life, I feel so relaxed on zoloft. Works extremely well for anxiety, panic disorders. Makes me drowsy but otherwise its great, I would recommend this."

ShawnaL977 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 2, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My depression began slowly at first, then all at once I couldn't bear myself anymore. I am a sophomore in college (female). In the evenings and going on into the night, my mood dropped so fast and I would get so sad over nothing. After talking to a counsellor, and making the tough choice to medicate, she put me on a starting dose of 50 MG Zoloft. After taking the first pill, I was doing some research and had myself so freaked out that night that the side effects would be awful. I was so worried I would have to skip work or class. I have been on the medication a few weeks now and I had zero problems! I could not be more impressed. My moods are already stabilizing and I feel so much better already! Good luck to anyone starting!!"

collegekid (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2016

82 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "Excellent meds for depression ! Saved my life , my relationship, my job , my friends and family. Side effect for me ... Have to take it on an empty stomache or major heartburn . Also another side effect is it's difficult to ejaculate .."

Stealth2016 January 29, 2016

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was diagnosed with depression about 6 months ago and started with a very low dose of prozac. About 3 months later I was institutionalized and switched to Zoloft. Most of the people there for depression were on it and it worked for them. However, it does not work for me at all. I've been on 100 mg for about 2 months and I feel jittery when I sit for too long or when I'm trying to sleep, I get really grouchy and rude (which is unusual for me) , and things that only bothered me before make me really depressed."

Kendalld January 29, 2016