User Reviews for Sertraline (Page 4)

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Trichotillomania 3 reviews 3 medications

Body Dysmorphic Disorder 1 reviews 2 medications

Summary of Sertraline reviews 1183 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I've dealt with anxiety for the past 7 years, but about 2 months ago it got really bad. I started having at least one panic attack a day and it was really scary. I'm not a depressed person, but the anxiety was making me feel that way because I didn't know if I would go back to "normal" - I finally decided to see the doctor and tried Zoloft. I didn't have any side effects, just mild anxiety that got better day to day. A couple of high anxiety days in between, but all in all... I was getting back to myself. Here I am, a couple of months later and COMPLETELY back to normal! I feel so happy and thankful that I decided to try medicine."

RachRiv November 20, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am 20, almost 21, and I have been on this drug for a month. I started taking half a pill for 2 weeks then took a whole one. While on half, I noticed that I was SO tired. I had very little emotion and didn't want to do anything. I even noticed that I had issues in the morning(when I took the pill) that it made it harder to hold my urge to go to the bathroom.Then on a whole pill I had the same symptoms but doubled. I even noticed that my current metal state is worse. I am definitely feeling emotions, negative ones. I feel like everything I do is wrong and would rather run away from my problems instead of face them. Even my twin sister is experiencing the same thing, could be since we share the same DNA.So this is not the drug for me or her."

otaku1230 November 19, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was put on sertraline six years ago after my previous SSRI, Luvox, became ineffective. I have found it effective at controlling my depression and anxiety, but there have been some major drawbacks. Primarily, I find myself unable to achieve orgasm during intercourse. Also, earlier this summer, I tried reducing my dosage from 150 mg to 100 mg - and I got a taste of SSRI withdrawal syndrome, which really, really, really sucks - a veritable hell on earth. I am currently looking into changing to a better tolerated drug."

Rigoletto (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 17, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "I was originally nervous about taking this medication, but I reluctantly began taking 25 mg in the evening. After 3 weeks I definitely noticed a great improvement in my mood, but my sleep or lack of it, was miserable. After the 4th week on sertraline and .5 mg of clonazepam at night, I honestly feel back to normal with normal sleep patterns and appetite. I am at week 6 on both meds and life is great! Trust your doctor, take the meds. Get back to enjoying life!"

Svacheen November 16, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I am not actually a soldier (see user name) but due to childhood trauma (diagnosed with PTSD as a result) I have felt like I am always fighting a war just to get through the day. I had fight or flight response to stimuli that are just normal everyday mild stressors for most people and have had so much trouble making relationships work because of self doubt, guilt, feelings of unworthiness, etc. I have been on zoloft for 3 months now, at first 25mg and then starting 4 weeks ago 50mg. My life has changed profoundly. I can be in love without being overwhelmed by self doubt. My depression and anxiety have lessened tremendously. For me, zoloft is a miracle."

unknownsoldier November 16, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "The constant stress that I was under in my marriage, caused me to suddenly just lose it (over the PTSD). I finally decided that I would get help, something that I have been reluctant to do and after seeing the doctor was told that I was severely depressed and put me on 150 milligrams of Zoloft that helped allot I'm now at 200 milligrams daily. I do have breakthrough moments where I need something more the doctor prescribed me 10mg diazepam which I take at night because it makes me very sleepy, however I can still feel its effects the next day having less anxieties. I never read the side effects as I wanted this to work. I do not want to go back to the old me. I still get some bad days but they can be managed without incident."

Panda Khan November 15, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "This medicine does help with inhibitions when talking to people. But I find that I'm not fully satisfied with this medicine. I still have bad anticipatory anxiety to social situations. To the point where I can't relax before a social event."

Shanie244 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 14, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "As someone that HATES crowds & dealing with people in general, Zoloft seems to be helping. I have also tried Lexapro, which caused horrible weight gain & total numbness when it came to feelings. Zoloft has been doing the opposite...my appetite is pretty much non-existent. So far, I wouldn't say I'm having any major side effects & im overall happy with everything."

Cali Antionette (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 12, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: "This drug has changed my life. I went from not being able to leave my house for almost a year to living a full life again. It took so many medications before my Dr decided to try zoloft. I started at 25mg whIch didn't really work and then moves up to 50mg. This was better but once I got on 100mg my life has transformed. If you are doubting if it is working, don't worry I did too. Give it months not weeks. It took a long time for me to feel better on it, but I am so glad I waited. I highly recommend this drug. I has minimal side effects the first few weeks with it. The worst thing was probably the drunken feeling during week 1. Seriously, don't give up."

Mkayy November 12, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I just started taking Zoloft yesterday and I heard it took awhile to kick in. I've seen a lot of good reviews and I hope for it to be helpful. I will give a rating when it kicks in."

theycallmejayquellin November 12, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I started taking zoloft about 5 months ago and it has totally changed my life for the better. The first 2 wks were a little rough ( increased anxiety ), but my Dr increased my ativan dosage until the zoloft started working. It took about 4-6 weeks to truly start working, but once it did it was a life saver. I've had barely any anxiety and have been able to decrease my ativan slowly to 0.5mg per day. Would highly recommend this med for panic attacks and / or generalized anxiety disorder."

Kmsbooty November 11, 2015

For Depression: "Recommend for anyone with anxiety/derpression in my case depression caused by anxiety to give a go. Had previously been on citelopram fluoxtine diazapam all to which had more negative effects than positive.Been on it for 2 / 3 months now and finally feeling like my old self at times increasingly more. Would like to know if there is a natural way to even the chemical balance though? gave me diareha first week of using but my body is now used to it."

Andrewwilliams November 10, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "Zoloft has been a complete hell for two months and a half. I've tried to up the dose to 75 as I was taking 50. With no results, but it made me dizzy to the point I couldn't drive, nauseous and exhausted. Also, this medication has increased my social phobia. A complete hell. To those thinking on taking Zoloft, please consider other options. I've never felt so bad in my entire life. Now changing to Prozac."

Coolchickzzzz75 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Suffered quite bad anxiety for a number of years but tried every herbal remedy, acupuncture etc as I didn't want to go on meds. After the initial common side effects that lasted a few weeks I began to notice subtle changes. After a few months I feel great and wish I'd done it sooner. I spent a long time being like a bag of nerves doing the most everyday task ie grocery shop, work etc I'd have palpitations, shakes, fight or flight feeling along with constant I.b.s. I get a very odd "off" day which isn't nowhere as near as bad as before the mess, overall I feel the best I have done in years. I can now do normal things without thinking I'm going to have a panic attack, socialising more, don't get ill so frequently and generally more energy."

Anoish November 9, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "Hi all I've been on sertraline for just over 7 weeks started out on 25mg then 50mg then worked my way up to 100mg. I had every side affect going BUT I did not give up I suffered from severe anxiety, could not leave the house, my husband had to take time off work to look after me, BUT Now I am nearly back to my old self, going out, if you are just starting out on sertraline please please give it time to work and hold on in there IT WILL GET BETTER ."

Wilba (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder: "This medication is wonderful. I used to call it my happiness pill. I was deep on a major depressive episode. I couldn't get off bed, crying all the time, no energy or even willing to go on. I must admit first days on this medication were really bad. I wanted to quit it. I had like jaw tremors and continuous yawning and my face made weird expressions on the first few days. But after that was just awesome. I felt happy all the time no matter what. I lost 30 pounds like in 6 months. So I felt amazing.The bad part was I couldn't have an orgasm. and libido was down because of that. I got changed to wellbutrin but miss sertraline so much."

doctorbel (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 9, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "Zoloft is an excellent medication for treating obsessive compulsive disorder, depression, and anxiety..all of which I have. Ever since I started taking it I have been so much happier and worry free. However I am 24 years old and I enjoy to go out to the bar with my friends..and let me tell you. If you want to drink on this medication, be advised that it will completley cancel the drug out. Everytime I drink I have severe anxiety the next day. But other than that I would recomend this drug"

jesssse789 November 8, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I have always struggled with intrusive thoughts that manifest in various forms (obsession with being "perfect", eating disorders, social anxiety, etc.) But for several years of my adult life, I wanted help so bad because I was miserable... Just completely uncomfortable & restless with anxiety that would come and go but stayed with me much longer than it would stay away. I tried talking to local counselors & was very disappointed, as they were not educated on OCD. After a year of no luck with counselors, I found one (university counselor) who knew what I was going through & how to help me. Life is SO much better! I started at 50mg & currently take 200mg"

Finally found help (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 6, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I just started taking Sertraline a few days ago. I've had a difficult past month. I had an episode with Afib, acid reflux, my sister who I was very close to passing away. A diabetic ulcer, and more. I've had several trips to the ER in the past month with all with the same outcome-anxiety. I've been off work for most of this past month which adds to stress. I have problems when my wife is at work or away. As you can see, I'm a nervous wreck! No improvement yet as they say it takes a couple of weeks for any improvement. I will let you know how things are going."

dennoron (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I am diabetic and one day my sugar got kinda low..I started sweating and was nervous and shaky. I ended up going to the hospital in an ambulance...Every since that one time of being anxious, I can't seem to feel normal.I've been to the hospital several times..They do all kinds of tests and everything is normal..One Dr gave me Lorazepam, for fast help. I saw my Dr and she prescribed Zoloft 50 milligrams. I've been taking it for 5 days now. Still waiting for it to work.They say it takes 30 days to work. I've read some stories on here, that it works right away. But everyone is different. I hope it starts working soon, because I can't keep missing work..I feel weak and I sometimes feel hot from the inside of my body. I'll rate it later."

meemaa (taken for less than 1 month) November 5, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "This drug has made me feel normal again. What's better is because I was suffering from anxiety which I never thought would get better I'm now even in a better mood than a normal person. I had a unpleasant onset of this drug which made me feel very sick and strange for the first two to three weeks and after the third week I noticed that this drug has improved me. If you have anxiety this is the perfect medicine for you it actually makes you feel normal again and slightly better than normal. I am still feeling everyday getting better probably due to the fact my brain is realising I'm starting to feel good again that my anxiety is also gone."

best drug in history for me (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 5, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "This medicine was definitely not for me. The first two nights I got horrible migraines, and I had more trouble falling and staying asleep. Then I had difficulty urinating (I know it isn't a listed side effect, but once I got off it the problem stopped) I wouldn't be able to use the bathroom even when I had to go for ten to twelve hours, it was very strange. Will not take again."

kebbway (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "It took about 10 weeks but then all of a sudden. Bam. I feel great. Initial side effects were turture"

Rayray01 November 1, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I worry all day every day non stop but when I take Zoloft it calms my mind and I am also less angry...It gives me such a piece of mind from my overwhelming thoughts everyday."

CoolkidClassic November 1, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I was on Prozac for a month & I got super bad nauseas feelings & sick all the time. I got off & my doctor put me on Zoloft & I feel so much happier. I feel happier, but not fixed. I guess it's a work in progress"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 31, 2015