User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Vulvodynia 2 reviews 9 medications

Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 847 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Sertraline

Review by pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!

91 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by thx4sharron (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I had major depression from the time I started menstruating. It would cycle with my cycle. It caused paranoia, and fear of being seen outside my home. It feared going to my mail box, yet, at times I would sign up to do things like be an Avon Lady! I felt crazy. In my mid 30's, divorced, alcoholic, my doctor prescribed Prozac. It didn't seem to help me. Later in recovery but still profoundly depressed, she put me on Zoloft and the result was instantaneous. I felt like a window to my life had been opened. I wasn't afraid. I looked forward to getting out of bed. I found things I liked to do. I have a healthy relationship, a good job, a life. I have been given my life back. Now, I am 16 years sober. Thank you Zoloft.

November 2, 2014 12:33 PM

Review by There's hope!! Read this!:

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder: Just a few weeks ago I was reading all these reviews in tears. I am a 36 yr old mother of two & suddenly I started having panic attacks. I was so scared to start taking Zoloft because I thought it would "change" me, or make me feel "off." This was SO not the case! I tried everything natural I could first-- but I was still having anxiety regularly. I was also having negative thoughts that I could not stop, I would have to actively try not to think about certain things, and I really struggled with that. I have been on Zoloft about 2 weeks and all of that has stopped! I feel happy! I didn't even realize I had been in a funk, I feel so so SO much better now. To anyone reading this, you're not alone, it can and will get better!

October 29, 2014 9:37 PM

Review by HanGal:

For Depression: On my 14th day of sertraline and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Admittedly the first week was pretty terrible, it worsened my depression and anxiety quite alot but now that's eased, I feel wonderful! I was in such a state before, nothing made sense - I literally couldn't enjoy anything. I finally feel like I'm going to get my life back, and can once again enjoy the sun on my face.

October 28, 2014 8:30 AM

Review by jackman7800:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: My obsessive compulsive disorder is lifted and is relieved almost immediately best pill ever!

October 27, 2014 6:07 PM

Review by Sig (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Generic Sertraline gave me some relief but it made me jittery and gave me headaches. After reading testimonials I insisted on the name brand Zoloft. so glad I did. It's like a completely different medicine. More relaxed and not full of negative thinking. I still get overly anxious if something stressful happens but it doesn't last long. Side effects are more tolerable, though it does make me tired.

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 27, 2014 2:11 AM

Review by hii (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: Not helping for my Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. On max dose now, and still nothing. I get this feeling of the skin on my head contracting...I don't know if that's normal.

October 25, 2014 1:27 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been on sertraline for almost a year now. On the 25mg I didn't notice any kind of difference. I was suffering from major depression, self-harm, and suicidal thoughts. My dr bumped me up to a 50mg dose & have stayed here for about 8 months now. My girlfriend calls it my "happy pills" because when I forget to take a dose or two, everyone can tell.

74 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 23, 2014 4:58 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: I would have panic attacks and would cut myself to avoid feeling nervous and anxious about things I couldn't control. I pretty much had a great experience while I was on Zoloft. I was taking 100mgs a day. Very few panic attacks and if I would have feelings of panic, it was much less intense. After about a year, I decided I no longer wanted to be taking anti depressants. I weaned myself off of it. First week I took 75mg, then 50, then 25. This is the end of my first full week off Zoloft and for the most part I feel fine. I think the medicine helps. I noticed my smoking habit has started to come back as my desire for a cigarette while on Zoloft was minimal.

October 19, 2014 5:14 PM

Review by calabsv (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Panic Disorder: I'm in New Zealand and thankfully medication is fully covered here. In Feb I had my first panic attack and the next day it became a daily things, just waiting for the next one and horrible anxiety all the time. I sought help right away, as I was very sacred off the possible side effects of SSRIs I opted to try alternative options including Buspar, none of which really worked. Finally I decided to go on sertraline. I started very low on 25 mg Building to 100mg over 3 months. I have to say it's the best decision I ever made, side effects were minimal, just higher anxiety with dose increases but once I knew to expect it it was not so scary. I also have had no sexual side effects. This medicine has made life livable again, if you need it take.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 18, 2014 5:46 PM

Review by Skyfall007:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: Zoloft has helped me a lot. I suffered from mild depression and mild anxiety for years. I'm a 38 yr old male. I requested Zoloft from the Dr. And I'm on the 50mg dose. It started working right away. I felt effects the first night. I was sick the next day but that was the only time. I had some euphoria during the first couple of weeks. Next to impossible to orgasim. I have zero anxiety it's amazing. Not as depressed but didn't fully take it away but really helped. It was the right choice for me. Highly recommended. I would make the same choice.

October 17, 2014 2:44 PM

Review by scotty888 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I've been reading a lot of reviews on this site, let me tell those that are new to this or thinking of going on sertraline. I have horrible side effects with medication and got serotonin syndrome on citalopram. I was scared to death of going on sertraline. I'm on day 17 on 50mg and I honestly say I've not had one single side effect at all. Its starting to hit me and I feel amazing. 100 times better than having anxiety. Wow

154 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2014 8:12 AM

Review by cam2549 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I have been taking Zoloft for just over 2 years for Post traumatic stress disorder and depression. At my worst I was on 150mg and this held me quite well, I was determined not to be on the full 200mg. Initially the shakes and the tiredness bothered me, but not as much as how I felt when I missed a dose. On every increase I would have a day or two where my mind and mouth raced. This provided a few giggles. A huge improvement from crying and refusing to leave the house. Combining therapy and medication has helped me get my life back. I am now on the decrease as the masses of weight I have put on in a short period of time, my least favourite side effect, regardless of how much I exercise and how good my diet is. Just keeps adding on. Now 50mg daily and doing well.

October 13, 2014 11:00 PM

Review by zeketyler (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: I took this 2 years ago at 150mg... lost weight, great antidepressant I'm on 60mg's of Prozac. Works very well too but thinking of going back to Zoloft because of weight gain, but I give it 10. Great medicine.

October 12, 2014 8:24 PM

Review by ED1982:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Social anxiety since child (born in 1982) 2005-2008 - Sertraline 100-200 mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2009 - Sertraline 100mg/day, Mirtazapine 45mg/day, Clonazepam 10mg/day (rating 6,5/10) 2010 - Clomipramine (rating 1/10) made me terribly anxious 2011 - Bupropion + Mirtazapine (rating 6/10) anxious and angry, but depression was gone 2012-2013 Parnate (IMAO) (rating 5/10) food restrictions, insonia, anxious all the time and tolerance to Diazepam 2014 - Escitalopram 40 mg + Mirtazapine 45 mg (rating 5,5/10) less anxious but terribly depressed I'll talk to my doc and go back to sertraline. Not exccelent, but I have to give another chance

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 11, 2014 5:23 PM

Review by Overcome1985:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: The only reason I'm giving this medication an 8 is because of the initial side effects and the time it took to find an adequate dose. I've been on Zoloft for around 6 months now. I had suffered with panic disorder for most of my adult life, I'm currently 29 years old. I tried a few different SSRIs, but never really gave them a chance. I relied on Ativan taken twice daily, totaling 2 mg. I started out taking 25 mg of Zoloft and worked up to 150 mg daily. At first, it was fairly difficult and I'm really surprised that I didn't just give up within a few days, let alone a few weeks. I read many reviews on here and wondered if that would ever be me. If I was asked 5 months ago, I never would have had anything good to say. But now ...it changed my life.

October 8, 2014 4:42 AM

Review by Chrisssyyy:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: No one likes to be on medications if possible but unfortunately most of the time, anxiety and depressions are tough. Negative thoughts, feeling uneasy almost all the time, social difficulties had affected me more than words can describe until I see the psychiatrist for help. Was prescribed Remeron along with Xanax at first but Remeron knock me off even at lowest dosage and constant migraines. Doc then switched me to Zoloft 25mg, its been a year now I'm feeling myself again, laughter is back, seeing things in brighter ways, willing to be back to work life. Anxiety and depression still lingers around sometimes but much bearable. Trying to slowly cut down Xanax and back to normal life. Side effects are sexual difficulties and stomach discomfort.

October 5, 2014 6:59 AM

Review by MDASS:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: I started taking it after my husband passed away; he had a cardiac problem and I tried to unsuccessfully help him. I did call the emergency services, they tried but were unable to help him. After that I could not get thoughts about the incident out of my mind and I lost in excess of 50lbs the next month. I was given Zoloft by my doctor which did interrupt my 'panic', however I only took the medicine for less than one month as I couldn't think properly. I rely on my mind, my thoughts to process how I relate to the 'world' - I decided that being sad about the situation was appropriate and a normal response. In the eighteen years since then I have not needed medication for depression - other things yes, but not mood disorders. Thank you.

October 5, 2014 2:47 AM

Review by Milkykiss (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: It's my third time returning back to Zoloft and I'm 21. First time I've used Zoloft I was only 15 and it was for Social Anxiety/Severe Depression and it helped me tremendously. Stopped it after one year and maybe... 6 months later my anxiety was back along with obsessive compulsive disorder. Anyway, I'm back on it and after 1 month I can say this IT'S PERFECT. I'm lucky to not have any side effects (except maybe a little bit of diziness but I don't care) and I feel so much better!!! I'm way LESS ANXIOUS, OCD is diminished by 3/4 (I still need to follow therapy for this problem), no more black thoughts, I'm also more focused at school and my thoughts are more coherent/clear. I don't think I'll ever stop this medication... For me, it's a life saver.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2014 6:59 PM

Review by Sammosh:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: It's been really amazing. I'm on 50mg daily of Zoloft and I went from horrible frequent panic attacks to occasional, "normal" anxiety. I feel like my life is totally different to how it was a year ago (I wouldn't even leave the house for fear of panic attacks). I switched from Lexapro which was not nearly as effective.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 1, 2014 2:03 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: I have tried other anti anxiety medications but they gave me terrible side effects. Zoloft has almost completely taken away my anxiety and the only side effect I have is sleep loss that is corrected by a sleep aid. I am so much happier and my life has been so much better since being on this medication. I experienced this almost right away after starting the medication. I didn't realize how much my anxiety had really been affecting my life until I started using Zoloft.

September 26, 2014 1:23 AM

Review by Dylan001:

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: Zoloft was the first antidepressant I had been put on. It was mainly prescribed for my anxiety but also for my problems with depression and as soon as I started taking I started to feel better (possible placebo effect). I had to build up the dosage slowly because the side effects were moderately harsh on me. Although it did not make me tired like Luvox does to me, it gave me stomach aches and decreased appetite. And I had periods of dizziness as well. I was beginning to see improvement especially because I began it during the summer when most of my stress was coming from school. But after about 3 months when I went on vacation, my symptoms came back out of nowhere and I slowly went off of it. I am on Luvox now. I am 14 years old.

September 25, 2014 9:18 PM

Review by JoseeD (taken for 5 to 10 years):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: It saved my life. It was the perfect medicine for me, except for chronic constipation. Went to the hospital for the constipation (I did not know it was caused by Zoloft at the time), and they found I had appendicitis, which ruptured while I was waiting at the hospital, and also that I had kidney cancer, so got 2 surgeries, 1 for the ruptured appendicitis and 1 to take away my left kidney. Had it not been for the Zoloft, I would be dead. I of course had to change medicines and go the second choice prescribed by the psychiatrist. It works, but not as well as the Zoloft, unfortunately. Zoloft is excellent, and if it was not for chronic constipation, I'd be back on it. Good luck all.

76 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 19, 2014 10:39 AM

Review by C.Angela:

For Anxiety and Stress: I have been taking Sertraline (Zoloft) for two years now. I am the happiest person in the world, and nothing is stopping me! I am a differant person from two years ago. Thank you!

122 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 17, 2014 3:48 PM

Review by JohnnyBoi453 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: I'm 19 and Zoloft has been a LIFESAVER for me! I've had very bad generalized anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, and mild depression. I recently had been on Xanax then Klonopin as needed, but I felt as if those types of medications wouldn't help me in the long run. I've been on 25 mg of Zoloft for a month and a half, and I feel WONDERFUL! The horrible, disabling anxiety I once had is almost nonexistent, and my depression melted away! My mood is stabilized, I have a lot of energy, focusing on school work is a synch, and I interact with others with confidence. Yes, I feel like a totally renewed, cleansed person with a constant sense of motivation! Zoloft saved my life! Little to no side effects either. Very mild antidepressant.

187 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 10, 2014 7:50 PM