User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Dissociative Identity Disorder 1 reviews 0 medications

Dysautonomia 0 reviews 54 medications Not rated - Be the first
Transverse Myelitis 0 reviews 2 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Sertraline reviews 952 reviews 7.8

Reviews for Sertraline

Zoloft (sertraline) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Although I have only been on this med for 12 days so far. I feel wonderful. I have had severe depression due to being sick the past 3 years and nothing has been helping me get better (spinal nerve damage and severe migraines everyday) ; sometimes I just felt like I wanted to die I felt no hope.I haven't felt any side effects and my migraines are almost completely gone. I get up and do more around my house, more than ever and I am taking better care of myself. Im happy for the first time in my life. I know most people will think it's too good to be true; but really you should ask your doctor if it might be for you. I am so glad I am on this; never had a medicine work so good. Hope it last. Plus right now I have the flu and still happy!"

KBSteph March 19, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I am 30 and have been taking Zoloft for just under a year (under the care of a great p-doc). Initially for depression and with graduated doses of 12.5, 25 to my current 37.5mg/day, I can say my PMDD has basically been cured with a LOW dose of this medicine! (>50mg = no orgasms). Since 12, I have been incapacitated not just by cyclical mood/anxiety issues--I felt "normal" for only about 1 week/month. But the WORST part was the abdominal cramps & the bloating/gas/messing with my GI tract, and 2-3 days/month were pure H#LL. Despite combo of heat, baths, 2 oz. liquor, MJ and 800mg Advil, nothing relieved my pain. On Zoloft, I barely notice my period and this is a miracle for me. Sertraline was discovered by chance, not engineered--a ( ) for me!"

Petrozadvo March 18, 2015

For Bipolar Disorder: "Unbelievable change had no idea why I felt the way and why my actions were not normal , but normal for me. I am bipolar and the Zoloft is just letting me function better and I can be a real dad not a part time , my family talk to me. Getting this control back has made work an whole new thing. I love my job now and have got tools to help me with situations. I have also become a lot more creative and finish every thing I start and my memory and arithmetic are 2nd to none which is very important in my job. I am so happy, my family are happy. I love not being up and down and all around and confused. It is a life saver for me. I hope every one gets the help they need. My blood pressure has also come down and I also write too Cheers"

Big fulla March 14, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "The first day I took 25mg and randomly about 3 hours later I was just smiling uncontrollably along with a calm feeling in my head. The next few weeks were hell with the side effects but it was worth the wait. Two months later and I really understand how this drug works on me. It sort of keeps my mood at a "flatline" level where the peak of my sadness is lower but my happiness seemed to have less of a "peak" as well. My libido was absolutely DESTROYED. I seem to have an apathetic sense about life now. Everything seems bland. My appetite was killed as well and I keep losing weight and I am underweight as it is. I am going back from 50 mg to 25 mg. overall I am happier on Zoloft but there are horrible side effects too."

Nick with GAD (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

For Depression: "This helped my panic attacks stop, but helped with depression none. This medication made me feel 'flat,' and like I was not living in the moment. For example, when people talked to me I could not associate emotions with the conversation. In addition, this gave me stomach irritation, made me lethargic, and never worked at the 4-6 week mark."

Evilmage (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I have been taking Zoloft since September 2014, I was diagnosed with PTSD and started on 50mg and during the first month I had a slight reduction in my anxiety and general mood, but the flashbacks continued. My dose was increased to 100mg and I felt better with mild anxiety and no emotions, I can be happy but not sad, Anxiety continued and some flashbacks, my doctor increased my dose to 150mg and I have been well for the last couple of months until last week when a combination of work and family issues pushed me over the edge once again, I had weekly psychologist visits for the first two months, Started today on 200mg daily. I think zoloft works very well for me but my Trauma plays out in my dreams most nights,"

Tosegue (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 12, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "I took sertraline twice. Before it helped a lot, been off it for a year or so and I need to get back on it but I'm scared to take the first pill."

Heimer March 9, 2015

For Obsessive Compulsive Disorder: "I was on Citalopram for OCD for 10 years until it unfortunately pooped out. I went through 3 months of hell not being able to think straight and being practically housebound! But, I have now been on 50mg of Sertraline for just over three weeks and all I can say is stick with it. I really felt like nothing was ever going to help me, I had almost given up. But after three weeks, I am now on my fourth day in a row of feeling much more positive and back to my old self again. My intrusive thoughts are not as frequent and do not stick as much when they do come. I now feel strong enough to start helping myself by challenging my condition. Different medications work for different people so keep trying until you get it right. Everyone deserves life!"

Emma 30 (taken for less than 1 month) March 9, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "Ok so I've had anxiety/depression for over 20 years. I've tried Prozac, amitriptyline, citalopram, and sertraline. Sertraline has totally changed my life. I struggled with the side effects of the other meds mentioned and felt disconnected and zoned out at times, so much so I couldn't continue with them. However sertraline does still have its side effects, on first taking it increased my anxiety and so took diazepam for the first few weeks. I had a dry mouth at first but this has settled. I now have a normal sleep pattern and have the energy to play with my children, do housework and can leave the house without fear of being looked at it or even spoken to. Its all trial and error, I'm on dose 100mg daily I'm late 30s female. "

Floppy1 March 9, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "From bad to good. Wk1, great. Obviously placebo. Wk2 was a low week. SO tired all day long. I struggled to concentrate. Work performance was affected. I learned that alcohol brings you right down. DON'T DO IT! Some anxiety Wk3 Another low week. I felt zombified. Tired all day. I could barely stay awake in meetings. I couldn't pay attention for more than a minute. Noticed my hands are shaking. Some anxiety. Wk4 Better but still tired. Small up but still zombified & shaking hands Wk5 Less tired but still shaky. Mood is lifting. Strange confidence. Loving it! Wk6 Confidence & mood grows. Little anxious Wk7 Definitely better. Small wobble due to alcohol. Wk8 Feeling great. There is hope! Avoid too much alcohol & coffee. 2 or 3 per day is ok."

Matters (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2015

For Depression: "Been on sertraline for 4 months now. Initially 50mg up to 100mg after the first two months and I feel really good. Better than I have in years, which is surprising as I think my depression only started within the last year. So perhaps I wasn't as carefree as I thought. My emotions are muted so no low lows but also no highs, so no feelings of joy or excitement - but I'm ok with that actually I'm ok with everything. I don't feel anxious, stressed, angry or frustrated. I feel confident because I don't care about consequences which is both good and bad. I've spoken to strangers, which is something I never did before... And I enjoy the interaction.. I'm really pleased with sertraline for my depression and the added bonus of reducing anxiety."

Paulzin March 8, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "My 14-year-old son suffers from major depressive disorder/social anxiety disorder. He was previously on lexapro for 10 months, which worked well for his symptoms but gradually stopped working. He was switched to Zoloft and increased from 25 mg to 50 mg after a week. Only 3 days into the 50 mg dose he reports much improvement in his depression symptoms. It doesnt control his anxiety symptoms as well (yet) but we are hoping that will change in the next few weeks. Overall, he feels better on Zoloft. Takes it in the evening due to initial side effect of headache."

Momiftwo March 7, 2015

For Panic Disorder: "I've been taking sertraline (50mg) for over a month now. I felt slightly better after 3-3.5 weeks on the med, and I started feeling full effects after about a month. Now I feel great! Nevertheless, I experienced a considerable increase in anxiety and panic in the first week of taking sertraline. Other than that, I didn't notice any other side effects. I would highly recommend this to anyone suffering from Panic disorder, GAD and depression."

hannah123321 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 3, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I am a 43 year old mom who's struggled with bouts of anger and anxiety. I felt so agitated by everything, I didn't want my boyfriend to even look at me and it took a toll on our relationship. I'm a grad student and an HR manager with a high stress work environment. I have ADD as well so I began taking a small amt of aderall with the zoloft and I am a 'sweetheart' now as my boyfriend says. In fact, we are ring shopping now. The zoloft does have the 1 sexual side effect for me which makes it difficult for me to 'finish'...but overall I really like this medication."

Sophie71 March 3, 2015

For Depression: "I've suffered from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. It finally got so bad that I had no choice but to go to the doctor. I hoped going on medication would enable me to function again. This stuff has far surpassed that! I'm happy and motivated and energetic now. I only wish I started this years ago! LOVE IT!!! :D"

KittyL (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2015

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Depression: "I've only been on sertraline for just over a week and I've noticed a massive difference already, I've been suffering with major PMT and depression for a long time but after trying a number of antidepressants and each one making me feel so ill to continue taking them I've stopped and tried just buying herbal tablets but they don't really do alot so after feeling so ill and nearly losing everything I went back to the doctors and was put in these, I was told to take 50mg once a day but after taking them for the first 2 days I felt absolutely awful so I just take half a tablet each night, I feel a million times better already, it's my 10th day now and I and my husband and children can see a huge difference in my mood already ."

smilee (taken for less than 1 month) February 24, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "No terrible side effects a side from severe headaches when I miss a dose. Completely regulated my anxiety and mood."

Januaru February 24, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "One week on Zoloft, no more bad dreams and nightmares.I can't remember last time I slept so well.I feel little better with my anxiety and this gives me hope."

nadinatal February 23, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Social Anxiety Disorder: "Absolutely amazing. I highly recommend it. I never used to talk to anyone and as soon as I started Zoloft I made so many new friends and I actually talk to people! Instead of sitting in my room being depressed and having anxiety attacks. It really works."

Tttttttt February 23, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "It worked pretty well for a long time; I've been on it about 12 years and have had no real issue with it. The problem is that I've been on the max for a while and it's not helping me much anymore."

KellyBird57 (taken for 10 years or more) February 19, 2015

For Anxiety and Stress: "I'm 58, I have GAD (General Anxiety Disorder) I've been taking Zoloft/Sertraline 50mg, for 15 years. I 've had no problems. 3 months ago I experienced a dizzy spell with vertigo, lasted 3 hours. 2 days later my ear(s) started ringing. For 3 years now, I've been under the stress of personally caring for my mother who is 84. I have a full time job and have had for 20 years. 2 weeks ago, I slipped into anxiety/depression. Feelings of confusion, shaking, heart racing, no appetitie, not sleeping well or sleeping to much. My in control attitude got up and went. Doc (of 34 years) says raise the dose 100mgs. It took everything I had to take 50mgs 15 years ago. I still believe in Zoloft, wondering if 75mgs will help? Thoughts on ringing, vertigo?"

Briteyes (taken for 10 years or more) February 19, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Panic Disorder: "I was taking Zoloft 6 years ago because I had night panic attacks, bad dreams and I was feeling generally anxious.Can't remember did I have side effects.My sleep improve and I became different person, maybe because I hit puberty or because of Zoloft I don't know. I was another person.Happy.Not shy anymore.Did some pretty dangerous stuff.Nothing scared me at all.I was feeling great so I stopped.Then I start feeling anxious again and it get worse.Now,I have panic attacks not only during sleep but all day.I had them at home,car,cinema,gym,restaurant.I feel trapped,I'm so scared and afraid I'm going really crazy.Today I start Zoloft again.I took my first 25 mg.I will keep update.Hope it will get better."

Blueblack (taken for less than 1 month) February 18, 2015

For Dysthymia: "I was diagnosed with dysthymia and mild anxiety. I've been struggling with depression since I was 16 (I'm almost 25). My mood is just typically low. Recently, the depression skyrocketed and I was suicidal. I decided to try to get medicine this time (50 mg). It's only been 2 weeks but I feel a difference. I described it to my therapist as this: there's a fence and I can't cross it. On the other side is the darkness and desolation, and I know it's there, but I can't get there. It's a strange but riveting feeling. I finally feel STABLE. I can discern and identify ridiculous depressed thoughts. I still get a little sad about things, but it's not to the same degree at all. It hasn't done much for my anxiety but then again mine was mild."

kcomo February 15, 2015

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "I was on Celexa for a year and it wasn't working for me. Then my doctor prescribed me Zoloft and it's my fourth day taking it and I love it. I finally have a clear head on my shoulders. And for the first time in a long time, I don't feel depressed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from depression."

Alliey (taken for less than 1 month) February 15, 2015

172 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Zoloft (sertraline) for Depression: "This medicine completely changed my life. Before I got on it, I was in deep depression and had a horrible chemical imbalance in my brain. I have been on this medicine for 2 months. This is wonderful. Now I'm more happy, smiling, and the chemicals in my brain are balanced. I did gain 3 pounds since on this although it was supposed to decrease appetite."

Codr (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 13, 2015

94 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...Next