Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Sertraline

Also known as: Zoloft

Learn more about Sertraline.

Sertraline review summary

7.5/10 Average Rating

Compare all 137 medications used in the treatment of Depression.

Reviews for Sertraline to treat Depression

Review by sazz22:

Zoloft (sertraline): Zoloft is a miracle. I was having panic attacks and anxiety and since taking them I feel so much better .I can sleep at night and wake up refreshed and feel I could climb a mountain. Truly a wonderful medicine.

April 3, 2015 9:25 AM

Review by Need sugessions (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline): I was on 100mg of Zoloft and started suffering from severe insomnia after being on it only 2months. Dr tappered me down to 50 mg and then done in a week, withdrawls were dinging head, zap and buzzing ears plus severe insomnia.

April 3, 2015 1:36 AM

Review by red4:

Zoloft (sertraline): I've taken Zoloft off and on within the last 3 years. I do much better with it. I went from being so low that I couldn't take care of myself because of anxiety and depression. With Zoloft and better life circumstances I am doing much better. I'm actually happy! Right now I'm on 25 milligrams. Sometimes I'm on 50. When I had postpartum blues, 100 milligrams was necessary to feel positive.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

April 2, 2015 2:52 PM

Review by Amr0k:

Zoloft (sertraline): Went on Zoloft after Celexa stopped working and I quit cold turkey(don't do!!) Made me feel 10x worse within days. Not for me. Now on Pristiq which helps but has horrible withdrawals if you skip or are too late for a pill.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 23, 2015 11:46 AM

Review by Mohammad_au (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline): Zoloft has been a lifesaver. Something that helps keep my crippling MDD and SAD at bay and make it through life normally. Even happier as this was the 1st antidepressant I tried and it worked! Also no side effects at all. Thank you God.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 21, 2015 1:16 AM

Review by Evilmage (taken for 1 to 6 months):

This helped my panic attacks stop, but helped with depression none. This medication made me feel 'flat,' and like I was not living in the moment. For example, when people talked to me I could not associate emotions with the conversation. In addition, this gave me stomach irritation, made me lethargic, and never worked at the 4-6 week mark.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 13, 2015 2:20 PM

Review by KittyL (taken for less than 1 month):

I've suffered from depression and anxiety for as long as I can remember. It finally got so bad that I had no choice but to go to the doctor. I hoped going on medication would enable me to function again. This stuff has far surpassed that! I'm happy and motivated and energetic now. I only wish I started this years ago! LOVE IT!!! :D

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 27, 2015 9:05 PM

Review by smilee (taken for less than 1 month):

I've only been on sertraline for just over a week and I've noticed a massive difference already, I've been suffering with major PMT and depression for a long time but after trying a number of antidepressants and each one making me feel so ill to continue taking them I've stopped and tried just buying herbal tablets but they don't really do alot so after feeling so ill and nearly losing everything I went back to the doctors and was put in these, I was told to take 50mg once a day but after taking them for the first 2 days I felt absolutely awful so I just take half a tablet each night, I feel a million times better already, it's my 10th day now and I and my husband and children can see a huge difference in my mood already .

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 24, 2015 4:17 PM

Review by Alliey (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline): I was on Celexa for a year and it wasn't working for me. Then my doctor prescribed me Zoloft and it's my fourth day taking it and I love it. I finally have a clear head on my shoulders. And for the first time in a long time, I don't feel depressed at all. I would highly recommend this to anyone who suffers from depression.

148 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 15, 2015 4:40 PM

Review by Codr (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline): This medicine completely changed my life. Before I got on it, I was in deep depression and had a horrible chemical imbalance in my brain. I have been on this medicine for 2 months. This is wonderful. Now I'm more happy, smiling, and the chemicals in my brain are balanced. I did gain 3 pounds since on this although it was supposed to decrease appetite.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 13, 2015 10:58 PM

Review by I'm JT:

I have recently experienced a most unusual muscle reaction when I try to go to sleep. It's like my legs twist and contort, and I have no control over them. I recently reviewed side effects of Sertraline and noted this on several occasions in their warnings.

February 6, 2015 12:19 PM

Review by Zatch:

Zoloft (sertraline): Lately I've been having really bad panic attacks, migraines, night terrors/nightmares every night for three weeks I started Zoloft last night and it already started working within a night I'm more calm and feel like my old self already.

114 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 28, 2015 6:23 AM

Review by Lou1985 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline): IT'S MY SAVIOR, I was in severe anxiety and depression for the last 6 months, it felt like there was no hope anymore, started taking Zoloft, and today is my 4th week. It's not that I don't feel depressed anymore, I FEEL HAPPY, enjoying every moment of life, I go to work full of motivation now, I feel like nothing can stress me out, you sound very confident in front of your colleagues. I am so thankful for this medicine, it gave me my potential, my efficiency and my life back. No significant side effects, other than weight gain.

166 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2015 6:05 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more):

Zoloft (sertraline): I have had depression since I can remember. Lost lots of relations because of it. Got on it eleven years ago and have more friends then ever.

116 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 5, 2015 10:27 PM

Review by nyse (taken for less than 1 month):

Been taking sertraline for a 3 1/2 weeks and I would have to say it was my best decision. It took me a while to say I was depressed and when I did my Dr. Started with 50 mg and I couldn't feel better. I would definitely recommend. Stop all bad thoughts, made me calmer, and able to deal with life outside of my bed.

January 1, 2015 10:59 PM

Review by 140756:

Zoloft (sertraline): Zoloft has been a life saver for me. I honestly don't know how I would've gotten through the past year without it. I had anxiety and depression, but after I started taking Zoloft, I was finally starting to feel myself again and my headaches have gone away. If you have moderate to severe anxiety and depression, I would highly recommend this. It truly saved me.

193 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 25, 2014 3:19 AM

Review by Holly652:

Looking back I realized I'd been suffering depression plus social anxiety for the best part of 3 years. This spiralled especially over the last year in severe anxiety, being unable to speak to people, crying obsessively and having no motivation or energy to even get dressed. It became choreful and frightening to live a normal day out, even talk to my family and for most part I would use alcohol and sleep to escape. I had no concentration, was emotionless and numb. I was very skeptic however accepted 50mg as a starting dose, 2 weeks later going up to 100mg. It was gradual, although I'm now in a position to say when I can finally feel relieved and extremely hopeful about the future! I enjoy going to work and can laugh again! Miracle medicine.

December 16, 2014 3:36 PM

Review by Serenamine (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Zoloft (sertraline): I took Sertraline for Moderate Depression which it was exceptionally good at diminishing. I have been taking it for just under 6 weeks for moderate depression, social anxiety and generalised anxiety. It worked for depression the best, by far; however, not half as good for the anxiety, perhaps because it requires a higher dose and longer intake. Definitely consider Sertraline for depression, its side effects were minimal (if any because it was so unnoticeable).

105 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 6:25 PM

Review by Felinelover13 (taken for less than 1 month):

Zoloft (sertraline): I have been on sertraline for 4 weeks and a day, my dr started me on 50mg, then after 3 weeks and 3 days she upped my dosage to 100mg, I have felt the side effects so I know this medication is doing something, however, I don't feel any better for taking it, I thought by now it would kick in..

64 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 6, 2014 5:36 PM

Review by Dan1234321:

This medication works great for depression, even at lower doses (50mg). It generally makes you happier, but only after a few weeks. In the first week it may make you more depressed (and anxious). It started working in the third week for (moderate) depression.

December 4, 2014 10:56 AM

Review by JerseyLeighx (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline): I always read these but never put on my own thoughts. I'm a 27 year old female with 2 young beautiful girls, and a very loving husband. It all sounds so perfect but my mood is far from that. I've been suffering silently with depression for years but only spoke to my doctor 6 months ago. 50mg made me worse, my mood was lower than before, shakes, heart palpitations etc but after a week, all side effects stopped but my mood was still lower than ever. Upped too 100mg, felt slightly better. Upped again to 150mg still felt better but then all of a sudden my depression got so much worse than it has ever been. Now on 200mg, still feel so low & down & zombified. Can't make decisions, just numb.

79 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 30, 2014 4:45 AM

Review by Toxica (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline): I started to develop depression around puberty, over the years it became more and more intense. Some days I would cry and have to leave school, around two years ago my Doctor put me on 50mg of Zoloft. The first few weeks were a wreck, I had terrible nausea, was tired all the time, could barely eat, and some days I would experience a zombie feeling. After the Zoloft started to kick in the side effects subsided. I went through bouts of not taking it and then I would feel bad and start taking it again, every time I went back on the pill the stomach pains increased to were I would eat once every other day. Since then I have been put on a new medication that I hope starts kicking in. All in all Zoloft was amazing, if you stick to it.

November 20, 2014 11:28 AM

Review by Nurse Nan (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

Zoloft (sertraline): I am 39 years old, was a new nurse and struggling with major depression. I had not been to a Dr in years and broke down crying at the first visit. Started 50 mg a day. Felt a little funny first couple days but now feel much better! Everyone noticed a change for the better and even got a promotion at work! Feel so much better and have not had any side effects!

160 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 16, 2014 12:06 PM

Review by pepper6 (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Zoloft (sertraline): I'm on 200 mg of Zoloft and it has changed my life!

108 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

November 3, 2014 10:46 AM

Review by HanGal:

On my 14th day of sertraline and I finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Admittedly the first week was pretty terrible, it worsened my depression and anxiety quite alot but now that's eased, I feel wonderful! I was in such a state before, nothing made sense - I literally couldn't enjoy anything. I finally feel like I'm going to get my life back, and can once again enjoy the sun on my face.

October 28, 2014 8:30 AM