User Reviews for Inderal

Learn more about Inderal.

Aortic Stenosis 0 reviews 2 medications

Pheochromocytoma 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Inderal reviews 43 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Inderal

Review by DanaLM: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: I have been on this at least a year on 10mg 2x a day, I've had unexplained weight gain and my headaches haven't gotten better. I've been to nutrition specialist and stepping up the exercise and tried to eat better but no matter what I do I still gain weight and my doctor's keep telling me that I'm not taking anything that would cause weight gain! Now they have doubled my dosage.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 14, 2014 8:23 PM
Review by no medicine is perfect: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: I had a social phobia for a long time with a rapid out of control heart beat, its a big difference since I started taking this medicine, anxiety is a lot less, and more out going with the public and less fear, but the only side effect that I'm not comfortable with is delayed ejaculation.

December 8, 2013 3:24 AM
Review by Misha13 (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: I started taking Inderal to help with migraines. I still get headaches almost daily but they aren't migraine-quality and can be managed with Ibuprofen. Negatives: sleep disturbances, feet are ALWAYS freezing, and I'm experiencing frequent orthostatic hypotension. I had normal-to-low BP when starting this med so I don't think it's the right med for my body, since it lowers BP. I like not having migraines but can't exercise or live life if I'm always dizzy and weak.

November 12, 2013 11:08 AM
Review by Britanichris (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: My tremors were getting worse and worse so I went to my Doctor. She thought I had Parkinson's and referred me to a neurologist. The appointment came through about 4 months later. The Neurologist diagnosed Essential Tremor and prescribed Half Inderal 80g once a day. After taking the meds I felt so much better, I still get the shakes but nowhere near so bad. My muscles are stiff though and it's causing me problems walking far and my neck and shoulders hurt too. I'll have to ask whether Inderal is the cause at my next appointment. All in all it's been great, I especially notice the difference when cooking or eating a meal or drinking from a glass, I don't spill as much now and it's less embarrassing when in a restaurant.

May 11, 2013 1:31 AM
Review by Rana (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: I have been suffering of migraine-tension headaches for more than two years now. I tried paracetamol, NSAIDs all not effective, until my doctor prescribed me on beta blockers "propranolol" Inderal 20mg twice a day, and my headache really improved after 2-3 months. Thanks!

May 1, 2013 1:01 PM
Review by RobertaJ (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: I was prescribed Inderal to help with Primary Ortostatic Tremors. I did not get any relief with this medication for that condition. However. I discovered that whenever I stop taking Inderal, I end up with a migraine headache. I take 20 mg at bedtime. It makes me sleepy and gives me nightmares which continue to this day. However, the side effects are tolerable and well worth putting up with to prevent getting migraines. I highly recommend this medication for preventing migraines.

April 28, 2013 6:54 PM
Review by BobbieH (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: I was prescribed Inderal to help with Primary Ortostatic Tremors. I did not get any relief with this medication for that condition. However. I discovered that whenever I stop taking Inderal, I end up with a migraine headache. I take 20 mg at bedtime. It makes me sleepy and gives me nightmares which continue to this day. However, the side effects are tolerable and well worth putting up with to prevent getting migraines. I highly recommend this medication for preventing migraines.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 28, 2013 6:53 PM
Review by Ted o (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: Excellent. Worked from day one for my anxiety! I tried SSRI's and Wellbutrin. Neither worked for my anxiety. 10mg of the propranolol and I am so happy and waaaaay less anxious.

March 15, 2013 7:44 PM
Review by Mycocotoo: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: I have had good luck with this medicine but as I age it appears to be less effective, or it may be that my tremors are getting worse and the dosage needs to be increased. I have tried an increase in the medication and have become very sluggish. All in all it is working rather well and the cost is low.

February 26, 2013 5:14 PM
Review by johnrecovered (taken for 5 to 10 years): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: Taken for years battling anxiety, quite helpful if taken at onset of attack; bottom line-exercise for me is better!

January 18, 2013 5:09 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: Didn't work for me. No immediate side effects, but after a few days was really emotional, almost crying. Was not okay with that so I stopped.

June 1, 2012 8:34 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: Inderal LA is very very effective. I have bad tremors and have see neurologist and family physician. Starting dosage is low then work up. I take Inderal LA 160 mg once daily. Sometimes during the day I must also take a Xanax once or twice to help. But by far the Inderal was the most effective drug I have every taken for tremors.

November 21, 2011 2:42 PM
Review by MEBT: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Arrhythmia: I have been taking Inderal since I was in my early 30's, 29 years ago. No problems whatsoever and it controls my premature ventricular contractions.

November 10, 2011 5:26 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Thyrotoxicosis: Inderal brought my heart rate down from 180 to 65 within 24 hours. I've been on it for 2 weeks, had no side effects, and feel much improved.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 12, 2011 2:59 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: Inderal has definitely helped with my migraine prevention. I started getting migraines when I was 13. Now late 20s I am finally migraine free besides the odd one I get due to hormones or when really stressed out! I reduced to taking 40mg in the morning rather than 40mg morning and night and have found the migraines still stay away. The only side effects I've had was nightmares initially, that soon went after a couple months. I get very cold hands and feet, sometimes in warm weather my feet are still cold! I also feel slightly more tired/sleepy but its worth it compared to the regular migraines I was experiencing beforehand.

October 4, 2011 9:09 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: I initially used Inderal to assist with "stage fright" for large work presentations (it lowers heart rhythm and so reduces the signs of nervousness). I noticed while taking it that I had fewer headaches and migraines, so my doctor recommended I continue with it. I have now been using a low dose of Inderal for around 4-5 years. It has reduced the frequency of migraines from around a 8-10 a year to 3-4 a year. Headaches have been reduced from several a week, to one every couple of weeks. I have experimented with reducing the dose and frequency however that has resulted in a return of migraines. The main side effect I have noticed is colder extremities (hands and feet). I assume this is due to the poorer circulation caused by Inderal.

August 29, 2011 9:58 PM
Review by AnnaMKyle: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Benign Essential Tremor: Propranolol has given me the best tremor control with the least amount of side effects. I tried 4 other medications before my new neurologist suggested this. It's changed my life. No need to increase after 6 months. Some orthostatic hypotension has been an problem, but it seems to be due to mixing this with other medications required for my other health issues.

June 22, 2011 1:28 AM
Review by I like it: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: I have struggled with public speaking my entire life. This is truly a miracle medicine for me. I like the fact that I do not have to take it everyday...only for specific events which are typically scheduled in advance. I would still prefer no medication but have been very happy with the results from Inderal.

63 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 31, 2011 4:08 PM
Review by Kaye Waverly: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: Inderal was a miracle medicine for me. It prevented migraines with common triggers. The only migraines it was unable to prevent were those triggered by bad weather and hormones.

April 23, 2011 3:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: Since I've been taking Inderal I've not had a migraine except the first year when I had 2 very light ones. I've had no side effects and have cut my dosage to 3 a week.

January 29, 2011 10:21 PM
Review by tiniondaye1974: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for High Blood Pressure: I work nights so I took my 2nd dose of the day at 1am. By the time I saw the doctor at 8am, my blood pressure was 160/110. It doesn't work for me. I get no benefit, and most of the side effects.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 25, 2011 2:34 PM
Review by EmL: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Performance Anxiety: I have had anxiety a lot since high school and it has gotten worse in college. I have taken many different medicines for anxiety and this is by far the best fit for me. I didn't like how I had to take the other medicines everyday whether or not I felt anxious- this one was great for me because my doctor told me I could take it whenever I felt a little more anxiety than normal. I will take it in the morning if I wake up anxious and I have never had an anxiety attack or feelings of being anxious yet. I would highly suggest talking to your doctor about this medicine if anxiety is the issue.

61 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 5, 2011 1:11 PM
Review by gzlnq9: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for High Blood Pressure: I'm a 55 year old male and have been on Inderal since I was in my late 20's. This medicine was perfect for me with little side effects. Some light-headedness at times, nausea was probably the worst side-effect. Inderal has become expensive over the years and sometimes hard to find. After insurance company changes forced me to try other blood pressure drugs, I ended up back on Inderal. Now it seems it is not as effective as it was before. No one (Doctor, Cardiologist, etc.) seems to know why. Increase in palpitations, blood pressure rising, side effects have become worse, etc. Doctor put me on Bystolic. We'll see how it goes. LESSON: If a medicine works for you and you've been on it a long time, STAY ON IT. Don't let the insurance companies play with your health!

August 27, 2010 12:30 PM
Review by benkecker: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for High Blood Pressure: Lowered blood pressure but, caused severe hair loss (I saw clumps of hair in drain after every shower) and depression! I have since learned that this 'side effect' is known as 'beta-blocker blues'. However, my M.D. switched me to Tenormin (another beta-blocker) which did NOT have these side effects.

August 23, 2010 12:25 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Inderal (propranolol) for Migraine Prevention: Works great, but causes impotence.

May 17, 2010 7:05 AM