User Reviews for Inderal

Learn more about Inderal.

Aortic Stenosis 0 reviews 2 medications

Pheochromocytoma 0 reviews 6 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Inderal reviews 49 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Inderal

Review by MadameLily (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Performance Anxiety: Works like a miracle. My job requires some presentation skills and no amount of practice reduced the anxiety. My speaking skills improved with Toastmasters, but the anxiety was still crippling. I no longer fear giving workshops and presentations. I only need take it prior to giving a presentation - just once in a while - and a single pill does the trick. Far superior to anxiety meds like Xanax. Propranolol reduces the anxiety with no negative effects on my performance, and no side effects that I've noticed.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 29, 2014 4:24 PM

Review by ADC1325:

For Migraine Prevention: Have been taking for over 25 years. Very good control of my migraines.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 14, 2014 2:32 PM

Review by ellie baby:

For Mitral Valve Prolapse: I have been on this medicine for over 10yrs they had to switch me to this medicine because the other medicine I was on wasn't working anyway more. I was on atenolol for awhile for rapid heart rate and then I had chest pains so they switched me to Inderal because I had mitro-valve, so far it is working.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2014 7:07 PM

Review by Inderol LA user - long time1 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Benign Essential Tremor: I have benign tremors and hypertension. I was taking one Inderol LA 60mg daily for the hypertension. I went to an neurologist about the tremors and he asked my cardiologist to change me to one in the morning and two at night. That was about 5 years ago. It has been a great help for the tremors and my BP is awesome! [e.g., 120/75] Now after so long I have developed a tolerance. My docs think more per day will make my blood pressure too low. If I am really diligent about taking it the tremors are minimal.

June 13, 2014 9:05 AM

Review by Trying something else:

For Migraine Prevention: I found immense relief with Inderal, on just 10mg every morning and night....it was like a miracle as preventative and I also have found it dulls a migraine if one happens to break through, by taking an extra one. I had been waking up with a bad headache/migraine every day, which lasted all day. Codeine was my only vague relief in mega doses. My only complaint is that since commencing Inderal I have gained 10kg and no dieting seems to help! All this in only 12 months. The other side effects have been an increase to my allergy intolerance to certain foods ie chocolate and a heightened problem with low blood sugar. So, the doctor has just commenced me on Topamax instead 25mg every morning and night. Will report how this compares!

May 29, 2014 5:29 AM

Review by Okiedokie1717:

For Ventricular Tachycardia: Doc prescribed this medication to control my high heart rate after a 3 day hospitalization due to supra ventricular tachycardia. I had horrible side effects. Terrible insomnia, sometimes awake for 24 hours. Palpitations. Heavy congested feeling in chest. Anxiety. I was only on it for 10 days! Switched to metoprolol and after 2 days started to feel tons better!!!

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 23, 2014 12:51 PM

Review by DanaLM:

For Migraine Prevention: I have been on this at least a year on 10mg 2x a day, I've had unexplained weight gain and my headaches haven't gotten better. I've been to nutrition specialist and stepping up the exercise and tried to eat better but no matter what I do I still gain weight and my doctor's keep telling me that I'm not taking anything that would cause weight gain! Now they have doubled my dosage.

January 14, 2014 8:23 PM

Review by no medicine is perfect:

For Performance Anxiety: I had a social phobia for a long time with a rapid out of control heart beat, its a big difference since I started taking this medicine, anxiety is a lot less, and more out going with the public and less fear, but the only side effect that I'm not comfortable with is delayed ejaculation.

December 8, 2013 3:24 AM

Review by Misha13 (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine Prevention: I started taking Inderal to help with migraines. I still get headaches almost daily but they aren't migraine-quality and can be managed with Ibuprofen. Negatives: sleep disturbances, feet are ALWAYS freezing, and I'm experiencing frequent orthostatic hypotension. I had normal-to-low BP when starting this med so I don't think it's the right med for my body, since it lowers BP. I like not having migraines but can't exercise or live life if I'm always dizzy and weak.

November 12, 2013 11:08 AM

Review by Britanichris (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Benign Essential Tremor: My tremors were getting worse and worse so I went to my Doctor. She thought I had Parkinson's and referred me to a neurologist. The appointment came through about 4 months later. The Neurologist diagnosed Essential Tremor and prescribed Half Inderal 80g once a day. After taking the meds I felt so much better, I still get the shakes but nowhere near so bad. My muscles are stiff though and it's causing me problems walking far and my neck and shoulders hurt too. I'll have to ask whether Inderal is the cause at my next appointment. All in all it's been great, I especially notice the difference when cooking or eating a meal or drinking from a glass, I don't spill as much now and it's less embarrassing when in a restaurant.

May 11, 2013 1:31 AM

Review by Rana (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Migraine Prevention: I have been suffering of migraine-tension headaches for more than two years now. I tried paracetamol, NSAIDs all not effective, until my doctor prescribed me on beta blockers "propranolol" Inderal 20mg twice a day, and my headache really improved after 2-3 months. Thanks!

May 1, 2013 1:01 PM

Review by RobertaJ (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Migraine Prevention: I was prescribed Inderal to help with Primary Ortostatic Tremors. I did not get any relief with this medication for that condition. However. I discovered that whenever I stop taking Inderal, I end up with a migraine headache. I take 20 mg at bedtime. It makes me sleepy and gives me nightmares which continue to this day. However, the side effects are tolerable and well worth putting up with to prevent getting migraines. I highly recommend this medication for preventing migraines.

April 28, 2013 6:54 PM

Review by BobbieH (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Benign Essential Tremor: I was prescribed Inderal to help with Primary Ortostatic Tremors. I did not get any relief with this medication for that condition. However. I discovered that whenever I stop taking Inderal, I end up with a migraine headache. I take 20 mg at bedtime. It makes me sleepy and gives me nightmares which continue to this day. However, the side effects are tolerable and well worth putting up with to prevent getting migraines. I highly recommend this medication for preventing migraines.

April 28, 2013 6:53 PM

Review by Ted o (taken for less than 1 month):

For Performance Anxiety: Excellent. Worked from day one for my anxiety! I tried SSRI's and Wellbutrin. Neither worked for my anxiety. 10mg of the propranolol and I am so happy and waaaaay less anxious.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 15, 2013 7:44 PM

Review by Mycocotoo:

For Benign Essential Tremor: I have had good luck with this medicine but as I age it appears to be less effective, or it may be that my tremors are getting worse and the dosage needs to be increased. I have tried an increase in the medication and have become very sluggish. All in all it is working rather well and the cost is low.

February 26, 2013 5:14 PM

Review by johnrecovered (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Performance Anxiety: Taken for years battling anxiety, quite helpful if taken at onset of attack; bottom line-exercise for me is better!

January 18, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Migraine Prevention: Didn't work for me. No immediate side effects, but after a few days was really emotional, almost crying. Was not okay with that so I stopped.

June 1, 2012 8:34 PM

For Benign Essential Tremor: Inderal LA is very very effective. I have bad tremors and have see neurologist and family physician. Starting dosage is low then work up. I take Inderal LA 160 mg once daily. Sometimes during the day I must also take a Xanax once or twice to help. But by far the Inderal was the most effective drug I have every taken for tremors.

November 21, 2011 2:42 PM

Review by MEBT:

For Arrhythmia: I have been taking Inderal since I was in my early 30's, 29 years ago. No problems whatsoever and it controls my premature ventricular contractions.

November 10, 2011 5:26 PM

For Thyrotoxicosis: Inderal brought my heart rate down from 180 to 65 within 24 hours. I've been on it for 2 weeks, had no side effects, and feel much improved.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 12, 2011 2:59 AM

For Migraine Prevention: Inderal has definitely helped with my migraine prevention. I started getting migraines when I was 13. Now late 20s I am finally migraine free besides the odd one I get due to hormones or when really stressed out! I reduced to taking 40mg in the morning rather than 40mg morning and night and have found the migraines still stay away. The only side effects I've had was nightmares initially, that soon went after a couple months. I get very cold hands and feet, sometimes in warm weather my feet are still cold! I also feel slightly more tired/sleepy but its worth it compared to the regular migraines I was experiencing beforehand.

October 4, 2011 9:09 PM

For Migraine Prevention: I initially used Inderal to assist with "stage fright" for large work presentations (it lowers heart rhythm and so reduces the signs of nervousness). I noticed while taking it that I had fewer headaches and migraines, so my doctor recommended I continue with it. I have now been using a low dose of Inderal for around 4-5 years. It has reduced the frequency of migraines from around a 8-10 a year to 3-4 a year. Headaches have been reduced from several a week, to one every couple of weeks. I have experimented with reducing the dose and frequency however that has resulted in a return of migraines. The main side effect I have noticed is colder extremities (hands and feet). I assume this is due to the poorer circulation caused by Inderal.

August 29, 2011 9:58 PM

Review by AnnaMKyle:

For Benign Essential Tremor: Propranolol has given me the best tremor control with the least amount of side effects. I tried 4 other medications before my new neurologist suggested this. It's changed my life. No need to increase after 6 months. Some orthostatic hypotension has been an problem, but it seems to be due to mixing this with other medications required for my other health issues.

June 22, 2011 1:28 AM

Review by I like it:

For Performance Anxiety: I have struggled with public speaking my entire life. This is truly a miracle medicine for me. I like the fact that I do not have to take it everyday...only for specific events which are typically scheduled in advance. I would still prefer no medication but have been very happy with the results from Inderal.

71 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2011 4:08 PM

Review by Kaye Waverly:

For Migraine Prevention: Inderal was a miracle medicine for me. It prevented migraines with common triggers. The only migraines it was unable to prevent were those triggered by bad weather and hormones.

April 23, 2011 3:16 AM