User Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

Also known as: Imdur, Ismo, Monoket

Learn more about Isosorbide mononitrate.

Esophageal Spasm 1 reviews 8 medications

Heart Failure 1 reviews 129 medications

8.3
Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis 7 reviews 130 medications

7.9
Summary of Isosorbide mononitrate reviews 9 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Isosorbide mononitrate

Review by Phyllie (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: I have been on the medication about a month now. Fortunately, I have not had any headaches and the chest pain is gone for the most part. The side effects I have had are dizziness, sweats, feeling faint. So far, the good is outweighing the bad.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 16, 2014 1:43 PM

Review by picanose:

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Heart Failure: I don't have chest pains but my heart was beating irregularly. Since being on Imdur my heart beats regular now.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 2, 2014 1:21 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: Had a angiogram, found a caulked artery, did not fix it, was put on this to help, so far only one mild headache. It's been 8 days, there has been no chest pain! I'm happy with this medicine so far.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 27, 2013 3:27 AM

Review by Cavalinesman (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: I have had great results with this medicine. I've been taking this for several months. The headaches have all but gone. "Guess I'm getting used to them". You need to hang in there with the headaches. The benefits are worth it.

March 2, 2013 11:32 AM

Review by nlhutson:

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: This was given for angina after by-pass for coronary artery disease. I also have a disease called Raynaud Disease which causes spasm, pain and cold hands and feet. When the hands spasm, they are cold, asleep and very painful. First white, then blue and red with the return of blood flow. You spend your time trying to get the blood flow to return, heat, movement of hands. With isosorbride I can live without the pain and spasms. Thank you for this medicine.

February 16, 2012 1:40 PM

Review by marklvnv:

For Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: My doctor prescribed this medicine due to on-going chest pain. I have now been taking it for 1 week and have a headache everyday. Nothing seems to help stop them. I have taken aspirin, Tylenol and even acetaminophen with codeine for relief and so far none have worked. The headache is constant throughout the day and is throbbing and causes dizziness. The good side is the chest pain has gone away. I'm considering stopping this medicine as the headaches are pretty bad.

July 4, 2011 11:45 AM

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for : The headache that came with this medicine was bad. Nothing I took for the headache helped. Had to stop taking Imdur.

May 6, 2011 2:35 PM

Review by nattlee:

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: I was put on this medication along with a very low dose ACE inhibitor that controls my blood pressure. The Imdur ER is being used to alleviate my chest pain and it has done so completely. I have not have one single flair up at all since starting it! The only down fall is the headache that I have had. I am going to call my cardiologist today to see if I can take anything for that. I still give it a 10 even with the headache because the chest pain was worse than the headache!

83 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 14, 2010 6:43 AM

Review by Desperado101:

Imdur (isosorbide mononitrate) for Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis: I have had good usage of this medication as it has helped to reduce my high blood pressure.

67 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 3, 2009 10:45 AM

Review by nana903:

For Esophageal Spasm: This medicine has saved my life after months of having chest pains everyday. I became weak and felt like I had nothing to live for. The doctors ruled out my heart and ruled I had esophageal spasms. They had tried other medications that did not work. My gastroenterologist gave me the time released IMDUR. IT HAS GIVEN ME MY LIFE BACK IN JUST OVER A WEEK. I HAVE MY ENERGY BACK AND I AM HAPPY TO SAY NO CHEST PAIN. THE ONLY SIDE EFFECT IS A HEADACHE BUT I CAN HANDLE THAT WITH TYLENOL. I HAVE MY LIFE BACK. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

June 22, 2009 9:32 PM