User Reviews for Nitroglycerin

Also known as: Deponit, Minitran, Nitrek, Nitro TD Patch-A, Nitro-Bid, Nitro-Bid IV, Nitro-Dur, Nitro-Par, Nitro-Time, Nitrocot, Nitrodisc, Nitrogard, Nitroglyn E-R, Nitrol, Nitrol Appli-Kit, ...show all 24 brand names

Learn more about Nitroglycerin.

Raynaud's Syndrome 2 reviews 49 medications

Angina Pectoris Prophylaxis 0 reviews 130 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Nitroglycerin reviews 13 reviews 8.5

Reviews for Nitroglycerin

Review by gfuumfa1212:

Nitrostat (nitroglycerin) for Heart Failure: This has changed my life. When I feel chest pressure or squeezing and or shortness of breath I put a .4 under my tongue and viola, all is well. I highly recommend this medicine.

May 11, 2014 10:18 PM

Review by tnurse:

Rectiv (nitroglycerin) for Anal Fissure and Fistula: I'm on day 2 of this product and I "feel" a drastic difference. I am forever grateful to my doctor for prescribing this. 3 years ago I had the same issue and I suffered for 3 months with excruciating pain during my bowel movement to the point I added to my misery by holding it for up to a week at a time to suffer from as few painful bowel motions as possible all because I was to embarrassed to show this problem to my doctor. Never again and I really thank the pharmacist for the coupon to bring my cost down to 40 dollars. There is a mild side effect I didn't have a headache more so painless throbbing in my head for the first 1-2 after application. I was still able to function and get through my clinicals without feeling faint or ill.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 10, 2014 6:48 PM

Review by for Pop:

Nitro-Bid (nitroglycerin) for Heart Attack: My dad is in the last stages of congestive heart failure. This mainly means he still functions as much as he can but will continue to degrade. His heart seemed to hurt very consistently. His Dr. gave him Nitro-bid. He applied it as a cream to the chest area 1 or 2 times a day. After less than 2 months he was only using it as needed which was perhaps 1-2 times a month. A very good, fast acting addition to comfort care.

September 26, 2013 4:05 PM

Review by somebetter (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Rectiv (nitroglycerin) for Anal Fissure and Fistula: Helped healing and did give me a headache but with repeated use the headaches went away soon. Overall Rectiv healed where nothing else helped, was worth the extra money.

September 2, 2013 2:54 AM

Review by Rothchild:

Rectiv (nitroglycerin) for Anal Fissure and Fistula: I used this medication just twice and had a severe headache for 3 days.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2013 1:04 PM

Review by msd3788 (taken for less than 1 month):

Rectiv (nitroglycerin) for Anal Fissure and Fistula: This is my first day of use...2nd application. I already have some relief where I got none from lidocaine and diltiazem.

July 17, 2012 9:23 PM

Review by Ardleystar:

For Angina: This spray is very effective in eradicating nocturnal angina pain and as a precursor to physical exercise thereby inhibiting pain. Very effective pain reliever in a convenient delivery system, fantastic!

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 27, 2012 4:32 AM

Nitro-Bid (nitroglycerin) for Raynaud's Syndrome: My feet were constantly "freezing", even in the Summer! Once I talked to my Rheumatologist, he prescribed Nitro Bid twice daily, and I haven't had a problem since then with circulation to my feet.

September 29, 2010 9:14 AM

Nitrostat (nitroglycerin) for Angina: My cardiologist recommend this drug to relieve shortness of breath at night due to atrial fibrillation. The sublingual 0.4 mg tablet gives a slight burning sensation under the tongue, which is not uncomfortable. A slight headache was felt on the forehead but was of short duration. The immediate dilation of the blood vessels achieves relief within one minute. Very positive results.

March 7, 2010 11:14 AM

Review by vigra:

Nitro-Bid (nitroglycerin) for Raynaud's Syndrome: I am 60 years old and have had Raynaud's Syndrome for 10 years. The first episode was when I was diagnosed, when I looked like I would lose a finger from severe frostbite. However a wonderful surgeon told me to try Nitro-Bid cream on that finger for 7 days, before resorting to removing the finger. It was miraculous as within those 7 days my skin started to renew itself and the sheer pain of it all was gone within 3 days. He saved my index finger on my left hand and I was extremely grateful.

January 18, 2009 12:51 AM

Review by Uncle Norm:

Nitrolingual Pumpspray (nitroglycerin) for Angina: It works great, especially for night pain. Have it on the night stand, close and handy.

May 31, 2008 10:41 AM

Nitrolingual Pumpspray (nitroglycerin) for Heart Attack: This has a shelf life of about 4 times the tablets. I had the tablets and they loose their effectiveness after about 6 months, but the nitrolingual spray has lasted for about 2 years.

May 15, 2008 7:00 PM

Review by grandmaelsie5:

Nitrolingual Pumpspray (nitroglycerin) for Angina: Nitrolingual pumpspray is the best thing to come along in awile. It is so more convenient than the nitr-pills. Taste alot better too.

April 3, 2008 5:12 PM