User Reviews for Bisoprolol

Also known as: Zebeta

Learn more about Bisoprolol.

Premature Ventricular Depolarizations 1 reviews 2 medications

Mitral Valve Prolapse 0 reviews 12 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Bisoprolol reviews 10 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Bisoprolol

Review by j shepherd:

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: I was prescribed bisprolol fumarate 2.5mg and first 8 days no reaction then I got stomach pains then lips swelled up then felt throat restriction. I went to my doctor and asked if I could use lesser dose he said no I was allergic to it and it took that long for it to show. Now three weeks later I am just feeling it is going out of my system I have had lots of heart booms and feeling really off very frightening I would never take them again my heart was feeling really strange. I have phoned the consultant who prescribed them but to date no reply although I left message. I have never had these feelings before the tablets and the heart going every now and again like a deep beat was quite alarming seems to be quietening down now.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 7, 2014 1:24 AM

Review by Cat60:

Zebeta (bisoprolol) for Supraventricular Tachycardia: Get out of breath easily without any exertion, tired and can fall asleep just sitting in a chair, swelling of feet and ankles.

June 13, 2013 6:45 PM

Review by Toby66 (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Premature Ventricular Depolarizations: I have taken 5 mg of bisoprolol for ectopic beats and sinus tachycardia for a year now. The medication has entirely stopped the palpitations and I feel much better. Only side effect was tiredness at first, but has now gone. Would recommend this beta blocker over any other, it is very effective.

April 17, 2013 12:01 PM

Review by ricardo fuller:

For High Blood Pressure: I have developed an itchy rash with red weals on different parts of my body and I itch constantly all over my skin where there are no visible marks. Have been treated with a steroid cream which has had little effect. It is driving me crazy.

January 6, 2013 6:41 AM

Review by CChopeful:

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: Started on a half pill a day and it worked for about a week. Upped to a full pill after that but recently had the worst attack I've had in a long time. Glad to be seeing the cardiologist in a couple weeks. Going to try diet alterations instead.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 12, 2011 4:55 PM

For High Blood Pressure: So far I've noticed a major difference in my heart rate, which before at rest varied from 108-140, and now it varies from 70-105. As for my blood pressure before it used to be 135-160/90-111 and the lowest it's been so far is 132/87 so we are making improvement. I am a healthy active young 20 year old female so I really hope that my blood pressure is in the 115/70ish zone soon.

March 4, 2011 12:10 AM

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: Bisoprolol was very helpful in reducing heart rate and blood pressure. Unfortunately, eye and facial itching as a side effect became overwhelming and unbearable. Hope to discontinue medicine and begin a replacement treatment soon.

December 7, 2010 9:18 PM

Review by me50:

For Supraventricular Tachycardia: Medication is working well.

September 22, 2009 3:05 PM

For : Good medicine for Atrial Fibrillation but causes hot flashes.

July 24, 2009 9:35 AM

For High Blood Pressure: I am pleasesd with the way bisoprolol has controlled my blood pressure and am enjoying the well being that I feel since my blood pressue is under control. Since I have a family history of heart problems on both sides

March 19, 2008 7:11 PM

For High Blood Pressure: This medication has worked extremely well for me. My blood pressure which used to be a constant 145-150 over 100-105 within a week of use of this medication dropped to a constant 115/75. And that is a consistent measurement over several days. My heart rate which was always 85 -95 at rest is now 60-65. To be honest, I am shocked both the efficacy of this medication, and by my need for it.

70 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 14, 2008 10:24 AM