User Reviews for Nifedipine

Also known as: Adalat, Adalat CC, Afeditab CR, Nifediac CC, Nifedical XL, Procardia, Procardia XL

Learn more about Nifedipine.

Raynaud's Syndrome 30 reviews 49 medications

7.6
High Blood Pressure 16 reviews 262 medications

7.1
Premature Labor 2 reviews 15 medications

5.3
Summary of Nifedipine reviews 48 reviews 6.7

Reviews for Nifedipine

For High Blood Pressure: "Doctor started me on 60 mg to control my BP, later increased to 90 mg. The drug worked great in controlling my BP and I had no side effects for about 3 months. Then the ankle swelling started. It got to a point where I was limping and it was painful to walk down stairs. Doctor decreased dosage to 30 mg and added Coversyl about 2 months ago. Ankle swelling is almost gone and mobility in my ankles is almost back to 100%."

Ryan 43 years old (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I was put on this medication after the birth of my daughter. It controlled my blood pressure to a point keeping it around 135/92 which was a improvement. I experienced leg pain and swelling in my legs and ankles, dizziness, and a feeling of being out of it. I went off it and on lisinopril and feel better. My blood pressure is now on average 120/80."

Lynns77 April 13, 2016

For High Blood Pressure: "I get stomach cramps, growling gurgling sound, passing gas a lot, urinate frequently, mucous in my stool I even pass the pill in my stool whole. I am scared to take it but it works for my blood pressure. I will see my Dr today to report it. On it now for 3 months."

Hemi a January 28, 2016

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "I do not have circulation issues, but I do have Reynauds likely as a result of Lupus. I also have BP on the low side. I take this once a day in the winter and have not noticed any of the side effects mentioned (headaches, dizziness) but my already-bad leg/foot cramps get much worse -- sometimes debilitating. To counteract that, I take magnesium in the form of Calm at night...my cramps are much better!! I guess I recommend both... I am wondering what time of day is best to take this..I can have sleep issues and don't want to make that worse."

cold hands December 19, 2015

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "I have just been diagnosed with Raynaud's syndrome due to my very insufficient vascular blood flow in my legs. I have been nifedipine for 2 days and my feet toes and upper legs are already warmer."

Old Bat December 4, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "After taking nifedipine 20 mg sustained released, I started to feel the side effects like fast heart beat and insomnia. This drug has not help to lower my bp, hence I immediately stopped it and took another drug as advised by my GP."

Leng_Yap October 13, 2015

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "the past several winters the tips of some of my toes turned black and were ice cold , but would return to normal when the weather warmed up. I had tests done at a vascular specialist and had some diminshed circulation to my feet but nothing that required any type of surgery . I was prescribed Nefedipine and within a week or two my toes returned to normal and my feet were much warmer . I only take this drug during the colder months"

eel125 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2015

Procardia (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "This medication is a miracle for me. I have been diagnosed with raynauds over 40 yrs ago and the past 10 yrs I have been taking Procardia. Feels like I don't even suffer from this disease anymore. I highly recommend this drug"

lgj2 July 7, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "I have had very crazy, high high blood pressure since I was 20. I have tried several different medications, but this one probably works the best. I am on 20 mg of the Procardia & 200 mg of labatelol. The combo works pretty well for me, but when I first started taking the procardia I had killer headaches for hours on end. It almost made me stop taking it altogether. But, I stuck it out & it went away after several weeks. I have been on this for four months."

Jesssssssss June 13, 2015

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "Diagnosed few years ago. Started on Adalat and holy moly I got use of my hands back in winter. Absolutely amazing. Canada is freaking cold around minus 30 so you can imagine how that works with raynauds. I also have high blood pressure so in my case it is one pill does two jobs."

nicknamepicker May 23, 2015

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "First off I am from England so this drug did not cost a penny, also I am under sixteen and have severe raynauds. My whole hands go white usually 1-3 times a day. It's awfully painful and very annoying so I went to the doctor who prescribed 5mg of Nifedipine 3 times a day. It was great, my fingers and toes stayed normal and I felt fine. I did experience some bad dizziness and nausea for about 3 days so returned to the surgery and they lowered my dose. Since then I have felt comely fine and it's stopped my Raynaud's. The days I have forgotten to administer the drug my fingers have gone back to there old routine so it just proves it works."

Charliee (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 29, 2015

For High Blood Pressure: "My doctor started me on this after my BP was high and since I am a busy mom the once a day dosing would be easy. Within two days my blood pressure was controlled and I slept great. Nursing hint, take your blood pressure meds that cause drowsiness at night. The Procardia helped me sleep wonderfully. However, I ended up with a massive fecal impaction from this medication and almost shut down my intestines. Be aware it is a bad, bad side effect."

Bella's mom (taken for less than 1 month) January 30, 2015

Nifedical XL (nifedipine) for High Blood Pressure: "I was diagnosed with High Blood Pressure in 1993, only Medication my Dr. found to work for me Nifedical XL 60 MG tablet. My Dr. started me on 1 x 60 MG, 1 Hydrochlorothiazide 25 MG, 1 Losartan 100 MG, but my high blood pressure were still high. So Dr. give me 2 x 60 MG tablets of Nifedical, & my blood pressure has been good since. I been taking 2 Nifedical XL 60 MG for 21 years now. I had no problem or side effect until my Dr. and Specialist put me on Avodart 0.5 MG I took for 27 months. The Interaction between Nifedical and Avodart enlarge my breast especially my right one & cause ejaculation disorder. If it weren't for this websites Interaction Information on my medication I'll be still taking Avodart. My Dr.'s didn't no or care, or say I'm sorry, or I didn't know; cold people they are."

Johntheone (taken for 10 years or more) January 3, 2015

Adalat (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "NIfedipine helps"

robmag December 22, 2014

Procardia (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "I started the nifedipine/Procardia this morning. About 4 hours later the rare side effects kicked in. Heart palpitations, dizziness, headache, and I was FREEZING. Even at 43 I still call my mommy. She wasn't thrilled I was going to take it anyway since I have perfect blood pressure. But she recommended laying on my left side. That did help even if it did take awhile for me to get warm again. The headache is still lingering."

jazzNwine (taken for less than 1 month) July 19, 2014

For Premature Labor: "I have been taking this for 1 weeks straight because of premature labor at 33 weeks pregnant. The medication didn't cause me a problem until about the 5th day I started getting horrible pressure and nauseating headaches. It has been working for the contractions though I still have them they are far more spaced apart and less regular. The things mothers will do for their babies that's all I have to say!"

hclark2786 May 4, 2014

Adalat (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "I took this for my Raynaud's and it did help when it was cold, but when I was warm I found myself getting really hot and sweaty when no-one else was. Another thing is DO NOT DRINK WHILE ON THIS TABLET! I did one night and had lots of problems. Apart from that it does what it says."

Joe-S (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2014

Adalat (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "Taken for migraines, this also 100% removed my Raynauds"

Mom from Indy December 17, 2013

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "I have been taking 1 tablet of Nifedipin(e) XL 30 mg ER for almost 2 years. I stop in the summer and start again when it gets cold and that works well for me. I haven't had any of the side effects such as rashes or headaches but I have been very tired and now that I think of it, it's probably because I've been taking it during the day instead of at night like I used to. The only problem with that is if you like to have a cocktail and for times like that I just don't take it."

Maggiie October 31, 2013

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "Works well and helps with hand pain from tendonitis."

eleith (taken for 5 to 10 years) April 15, 2013

Adalat (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "It works very well to control Raynaud's. It makes a huge difference."

DaisyMa (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 7, 2013

For High Blood Pressure: "I have been on Nifedipine 30MG for 1 week for High Blood Pressure. Feel shaky inside, legs stay cold, joint aches, insomnia, and skin tingles at night. I take this medicine along with my Losartan. I hope I can get over all the side effects."

Red Man (taken for less than 1 month) March 4, 2013

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "I do notice a difference! Headaches were a problem at first but then they went away after about two weeks. You recover quicker from a attack. My left middle finger is completely normal but my right middle finger still a little purple but better for sure! Going to take for the winter months!"

Missyjay8102 January 30, 2013

Adalat (nifedipine) for Raynaud's Syndrome: "I've had no numbness in my fingers or toes since starting this medicine. Before starting I could not even carry a jug of milk without my fingers losing color from lack of blood flow. Even driving with mittens on was a problem. Now circulation is great. Only complaint is the terrible headaches and tiredness and a bit of insomnia. Still trying to decide what's worse....the headaches or the numbness all winter. "

Petulz (taken for less than 1 month) December 27, 2012

For Raynaud's Syndrome: "It works okay for mild to moderate cold exposure but not for long term or very cold temperatures."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2012