User Reviews for Inderal

Learn more about Inderal.

Inderal review summary

5.6/10 Average Rating

Compare all 261 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Inderal to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by tiniondaye1974:

I work nights so I took my 2nd dose of the day at 1am. By the time I saw the doctor at 8am, my blood pressure was 160/110. It doesn't work for me. I get no benefit, and most of the side effects.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 25, 2011 2:34 PM

Review by gzlnq9:

I'm a 55 year old male and have been on Inderal since I was in my late 20's. This medicine was perfect for me with little side effects. Some light-headedness at times, nausea was probably the worst side-effect. Inderal has become expensive over the years and sometimes hard to find. After insurance company changes forced me to try other blood pressure drugs, I ended up back on Inderal. Now it seems it is not as effective as it was before. No one (Doctor, Cardiologist, etc.) seems to know why. Increase in palpitations, blood pressure rising, side effects have become worse, etc. Doctor put me on Bystolic. We'll see how it goes. LESSON: If a medicine works for you and you've been on it a long time, STAY ON IT. Don't let the insurance companies play with your health!

August 27, 2010 12:30 PM

Review by benkecker:

Lowered blood pressure but, caused severe hair loss (I saw clumps of hair in drain after every shower) and depression! I have since learned that this 'side effect' is known as 'beta-blocker blues'. However, my M.D. switched me to Tenormin (another beta-blocker) which did NOT have these side effects.

August 23, 2010 12:25 AM

Review by coffeecat:

I have taken Inderal and Inderal LA for the past 30 years with very few side effects. It helps both my arrhythmia and my high blood pressure. I felt slightly weaker and more tired in the beginning, but now I just feel normal. I have been able to live a relatively normal life and have always been able to do whatever physical activity I needed to do.

July 17, 2009 12:47 AM

Inderal works well with hardly any side effects. One good side effect is that it stops severe headaches if you happen to have those with your high blood pressure.

April 2, 2009 4:51 PM

Review by jaggia:

I could see its very faint effect on me though I tried it 5 - 6 times. Not really useful.

February 4, 2009 2:22 AM