User Reviews for Lopressor

Learn more about Lopressor.

Angina 3 reviews 124 medications

Supraventricular Tachycardia 0 reviews 50 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lopressor reviews 10 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Lopressor

Review by rbh: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: Take pill every 12 hours. Works fine for me. Requested a beta-blocker because of the anti stage-fright effects. No more 'adrenaline dumps' in stressful situations. Helps me tremendously in my work and social interactions.

August 28, 2013 4:32 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month): User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: This medicine has done an excellent job with lowering my blood pressure. However, I have been having dry eyes and gas. On the positive side, this medicine is also good for anxiety!

December 12, 2012 10:40 PM
Review by AceMan: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: Took metoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide for several years. Seemed to reduce blood pressure to acceptable levels. About a year ago I experienced shortness of breath at times along with some fluid in lungs. Turns out that metoprolol (Lopressor) can cause that. Got off the metoprolol and lungs cleared up. Not taking it anymore.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 29, 2010 11:23 AM
Review by LullabyNine: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: I am a 30 year old female and I have high blood pressure (and tachycardia). Approximately 20 minutes or so after I would take my dose of Lopressor, I would get symptoms similar to a panic attack. Extreme hot flash and rapid heartbeat (more rapid than my usual... my pulse rate is usually around 100-105 as it is.) When I told my doctor, he told me to quit taking the Lopressor and then he put me on another high blood pressure medicine. I only took Lopressor for a few days, because of the side effects, so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness in blood pressure reduction.

June 16, 2010 1:53 AM
Review by khan143: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: It's a very useful drug as it it not only control blood pressure but also gives other long term benefits to the patients.

April 2, 2010 2:22 PM
Review by sumitahlawat: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for Angina: The best.

January 31, 2010 3:32 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for Angina: I have Angina and over the past year began a regime of Bayer (or Bufferin) starting at 500mg every morning. Things got a little worse after six months and I upped my dosage to 1000mg per day. This was all self medication without medical consult (I knew what the problem was). Finally even the 1000mg a day wasn't working and I went to see the doctor. He put me on 50mg of Lopressor per day and things turned around within 2 days. The pain is gone and I can get a whole nights sleep without waking up in the middle of the morning (usually 3-4am, when the incidence of heart attack is the highest statistically) in major pain. So far so good. If you have Angina then DO see a doctor. Get the tests! After all, it's really your life your dealing with.

September 30, 2009 2:42 PM
Review by mylife1: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: It has dramatically reduced my blood pressure and I feel great. Just a little more tired throughout the day.

August 31, 2009 2:13 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for High Blood Pressure: It is fourth blood pressure pill for me. It feels like it is only partly working. My blood pressure problems are usually happening after anxiety attacks of which doctors says I have but don't know why.

July 15, 2009 7:27 PM
Review by bobbysox: User Rating:

Lopressor (metoprolol) for Angina: This medication helps more than anything I have tried I have severe angina. I do recommend this as treatment.

June 30, 2009 11:23 AM