User Reviews for Lopressor

Learn more about Lopressor.

Lopressor review summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 261 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lopressor to treat High Blood Pressure

Review by Good experience:

I took Lopressor for 24 years it worked very well in lowering my blood pressure and even calming my anxiety but lately it doesn't work on me very well as before, I guess the doctor will change it.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 24, 2014 7:44 PM

Review by rbh:

Take pill every 12 hours. Works fine for me. Requested a beta-blocker because of the anti stage-fright effects. No more 'adrenaline dumps' in stressful situations. Helps me tremendously in my work and social interactions.

August 28, 2013 4:32 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month):

This medicine has done an excellent job with lowering my blood pressure. However, I have been having dry eyes and gas. On the positive side, this medicine is also good for anxiety!

December 12, 2012 10:40 PM

Review by AceMan:

Took metoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide for several years. Seemed to reduce blood pressure to acceptable levels. About a year ago I experienced shortness of breath at times along with some fluid in lungs. Turns out that metoprolol (Lopressor) can cause that. Got off the metoprolol and lungs cleared up. Not taking it anymore.

52 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 29, 2010 11:23 AM

Review by LullabyNine:

I am a 30 year old female and I have high blood pressure (and tachycardia). Approximately 20 minutes or so after I would take my dose of Lopressor, I would get symptoms similar to a panic attack. Extreme hot flash and rapid heartbeat (more rapid than my usual... my pulse rate is usually around 100-105 as it is.) When I told my doctor, he told me to quit taking the Lopressor and then he put me on another high blood pressure medicine. I only took Lopressor for a few days, because of the side effects, so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness in blood pressure reduction.

June 16, 2010 1:53 AM

Review by khan143:

It's a very useful drug as it it not only control blood pressure but also gives other long term benefits to the patients.

April 2, 2010 2:22 PM

Review by mylife1:

It has dramatically reduced my blood pressure and I feel great. Just a little more tired throughout the day.

August 31, 2009 2:13 PM

It is fourth blood pressure pill for me. It feels like it is only partly working. My blood pressure problems are usually happening after anxiety attacks of which doctors says I have but don't know why.

July 15, 2009 7:27 PM