User Reviews for Lopressor

Learn more about Lopressor.

Lopressor Review Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 226 medications used in the treatment of High Blood Pressure.

Reviews for Lopressor to treat High Blood Pressure

"I took Lopressor for 24 years it worked very well in lowering my blood pressure and even calming my anxiety but lately it doesn't work on me very well as before, I guess the doctor will change it."

Good experience June 24, 2014

"Take pill every 12 hours. Works fine for me. Requested a beta-blocker because of the anti stage-fright effects. No more 'adrenaline dumps' in stressful situations. Helps me tremendously in my work and social interactions."

rbh August 28, 2013

"This medicine has done an excellent job with lowering my blood pressure. However, I have been having dry eyes and gas. On the positive side, this medicine is also good for anxiety!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) December 12, 2012

"Took metoprolol and hydrochlorothiazide for several years. Seemed to reduce blood pressure to acceptable levels. About a year ago I experienced shortness of breath at times along with some fluid in lungs. Turns out that metoprolol (Lopressor) can cause that. Got off the metoprolol and lungs cleared up. Not taking it anymore."

AceMan July 29, 2010

"I am a 30 year old female and I have high blood pressure (and tachycardia). Approximately 20 minutes or so after I would take my dose of Lopressor, I would get symptoms similar to a panic attack. Extreme hot flash and rapid heartbeat (more rapid than my usual... my pulse rate is usually around 100-105 as it is.) When I told my doctor, he told me to quit taking the Lopressor and then he put me on another high blood pressure medicine. I only took Lopressor for a few days, because of the side effects, so I cannot comment on it's effectiveness in blood pressure reduction."

LullabyNine June 16, 2010

"It's a very useful drug as it it not only control blood pressure but also gives other long term benefits to the patients."

khan143 April 2, 2010

"It has dramatically reduced my blood pressure and I feel great. Just a little more tired throughout the day."

mylife1 August 31, 2009

"It is fourth blood pressure pill for me. It feels like it is only partly working. My blood pressure problems are usually happening after anxiety attacks of which doctors says I have but don't know why."

Anonymous July 15, 2009