User Reviews for Asacol

Learn more about Asacol.

Reviews for Asacol to treat Crohn's Disease

"I was diagnosed with crohn's disease when I was 27yrs old. I'm now 54. Ive been through 2 fistula removal's and many nights awaken with extreme rectal spasams. no fun! Extreme weight loss and fatigue. My Dr. put me on Asacol 400mg (2 in the morning, and 2 at night). turned my life around. Dr. told me I needed to stay on the medicine for rest of my life. I felt great, put weight back on and then I did a stupid thing. I decided to stop taking it. was doing fine for past 5yrs but its back. weight loss and all other symptoms, cramping, loss of appetite, etc.. If Asacol is working for you, stay on it."

Rick B July 6, 2015

"Has been very effective for maintaining remission of symptoms. Note: had to decrease dose to 400 mg 3 times daily. Passed pills whole at higher dose."

Nano also (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2013

"So far this medicine had slowed down multiple diarrhea problems"

nic niv (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 27, 2013

"I have been on Asacol for 7 years and have only minor flare ups. I have had 3 "flares" in 7 years so I am a fan of Asacol. I take the max dose of 12 per day. I also have colitis. Thanks to insurance my cost is ONLY $200 a month."

Pauling (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 26, 2013

"I have been taking Asacol HD since I was diagnosed with Crohn's disease almost 3 years ago and have had only one flare-up. This works great for me!"

TREEman 1966 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2013

"Gave me severe abdominal pain and retried it 3 times. I think it did damage to my colon but some people do alright on it. "

Anonymous April 12, 2012