Medication Guide App

User Reviews for Asacol

Learn more about Asacol.

Asacol review summary

6.0/10 Average Rating

Compare all 123 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis.

Reviews for Asacol to treat Ulcerative Colitis

Review by American 1:

First placed on this medication in 2012 with no improvement in condition.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 24, 2014 3:51 PM

Review by Beauteeful (taken for 2 to 5 years):

Worked really well at the beginning.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 28, 2014 5:07 AM

Review by JodanA (taken for 1 to 2 years):

Had severe bloody diarrhea for a couple months, went away for two years then came back worse. I was then diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. My Dr started me on 6 pills a day of Asacol. Within two weeks I was having completely normal bowel movements again with no pain. I then began decreasing my dosage (doctors orders) and now I am currently on 2 pills a day of 800g. My life is completely back to normal. The only side effect I have is slight dizziness during more stressful times. I have had a couple minor minor flares. I do miss my dosage once in a while but it never seems to affect me as long as I take my next dose. Would recommend Asacol in a heart beat!

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 6, 2014 5:22 PM

Review by Artsytamara (taken for 1 to 6 months):

Hair loss, bloating, headache, night sweats, stretch marks on inner thighs and increased frequency on bowel motion.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 16, 2013 4:23 PM

Review by pmd53 (taken for 10 years or more):

Great, the only medicine that got me under control, no more bathroom mapping while leaving the house.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 12, 2013 6:43 PM

Review by angie1049:

I was diagnosed 6 months ago with Colitis. I started taking Asacol 400mg 3x a day. I felt great immediately after the 3rd pill. No diarrhea for 2 whole days! Last night my stomach started that weird rumbling noise. About an hour later, I had a severe headache! One of the worst I have ever had! I was on my 10th pill. One of the side effects of this medication. Be careful, always call your Dr. if you have any side effects with this medication. I stopped taking this medicine, did not work for me.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 19, 2013 11:56 AM

I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in April of 2011. After numerous visits with my doctor and exploratoy scopes, my gastroenterologist prescribed Asacol last September(2012) and he gave me a discount card to use when I initially filled my prescription for Asacol, so the monthly precirptions have been FREE! Since taking Asacol on a regular basis, my last scope revealed that ALL of my ulcertations have healed! Thank you, Asacol! You've changed my life!

February 10, 2012 1:08 PM