User Reviews for Lialda

7.8
Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lialda reviews 56 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Lialda

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I loved this medication when I was first diagnosed because I was feeling better immediately and everything cleared up 2 weeks in. I have been on this medication for almost 2 years now and I have gained 30lbs and when I am on highest dose of medication I get painful acne! I never had acne as a teen. I also feel bloated all the time and think Lialda makes me retain water. I forgot to take my pills once and the UC flare came roaring back within a day or two. My hair is also thinner :/ Did not fall out just thinned. Dont enjoy the symptoms, but I do appreciate that it does work!"

Bloated24/7 (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 25, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with left-sided UC in May of 2015. My GI prescribed 4.8 grams (4 pills in the am) of Lialda, plus 1 Canasa suppository (1 gram) at night. The suppository was for 3 weeks only. Within 2 weeks, the bleeding stopped, and I no longer saw the remnants of the colon tissue erosions when I had a bowl movement. I stopped taking the Canasa after a week and a half, because I think it was leading me towards diarrhea, and I felt slight rectal pain. There was no noticeable negative effect to me stopping the Canasa dose at that point. I continued to take the regular dosage of Lialda. I had some dizziness the first week or two, but that had since abated. I also noticed acne that I haven't had in many years. No issues with hair thinning."

Anonymous in PA June 25, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "My GP had me on another drug for 4 years and was feeling great. An annual colonoscopy showed nothing so the "Great Gastro" took me off everything and about a month later everything blew up. Went back to a Nurse Practitioner who apologized and put me on Lialda and Canasa.1 week later, great again. Ins Co after 6 months decided not to pay for Lialda so I was put on another couple worked for a couple months then blow up again.NP called Ins Co and got them to approve Lialda, Canasa again and 2 months in all ok except after eating still bloating and gas. We explored my eating habits ans she (NP) took me off gluten and gas and bloating stopped.Joints stopped aching. Try it! Can even touch my toes!!! Best NP around at OSU Gasto Clinic in Co"

tpkearns June 9, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "****Helpful information**** Search the web for Lialda coupons to get Lialda for $10 a month! I am a 24 year old that has been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis since age 11. I started on Colazal when I was first diagnosed; but it only continued to keep me in remission for a few years. I was prescribed many of other medications that didn't seem to work for me either. Finally, once I was prescribed Lialda, my health and quality of life improved greatly! Lialda is such a life saver for me! (Although I still have occasional flare-ups, things calm down when suppositories are used in conjunction with Lialda )"

Love pekala 88 April 16, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have fairly severe Ulcerative Colitis & after 4 months of feeling horrible, tired, bloody diarrhea with the constant urge to go & fear of eating & setting it off again I was finally diagnosed & put on Lialda - 4 pills once a day. At first it caused horrible gas & bloating & took about a week or so to help the symptoms at all but after a few weeks the symptoms were completely gone & the side effects went away as my body got used to the medication. Then about 1 month into taking it I developed horrible cystic acne all over my face, neck, chest, even in my nostrils & ears! My Dr cut the dose in half to 2 pills once a day & within a few days my skin started to clear & heal. I have been on the lower dose for about a month with NO PROBLEMS!!"

KeenKitty (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 20, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with UC at 18 years old. After a week in the hospital they came up with the final diagnosis and after a few tried meds they landed me on Lialda and it worked great for me for 7-8 years, only experiencing flare ups if I were to drink too much alcohol and lose sleep which was rare but in that case I would need to use prednisone to get back into remission. Healthy diet, sleep, exercise, and Lialda kept me normal! I am 26 now and I feel my body has built up a tolerance, for the past year I have been on a low, going to the restroom more than 5 times a day. Up until now Lialda was perfect. With the Shire card and health insurance it was only $10 a month."

Corums March 9, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "Have had colitis for 20 years and been on mesalamine for all of it. Asacol was inconvenient because 6 pills throughout the day was hard to do. Lialda is very expensive even with insurance and their card, but it works and it's only two pills a day. The dietary changes and medication are worth it if I can eliminate surgery."

imf December 3, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Starting taking Lialda about a month and a half ago and it took a couple of weeks to start working. As soon as it started working I felt great no more stomach pain, no more blood, no more diarrhea oh finally something that help take the pain away I was shocked at how good it worked. But then I should have known it was to good to be true about four weeks into it. My beautiful hair started falling out in clumps every time I washed it or even brushed it. I mean it was a lot every time I would cry. Also the muscle aches were the worst. I would sit for maybe 10 minutes and go to get up and almost fall over because my legs almost gave out. Other then that it works great for the pain but I can't take the side effects so I'm going to be switching medicines."

mymyasky1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "My doctor switched me from Acacol HD to Lialda after I lost my insurance and needed a less expensive substitute. I was worried because I had grown accustomed to Asacol and did very well on that medicine. After a few days of adjusting to Lialda, with no real problems or side effects (just a little gas during the first 48 hours), I feel fantastic on Lialda. I've been on Lialda for about 5 months now, and feel as good, if not better than I did on Asacol. I have fewer headaches that I did on Asacol and feel great less stomach cramps. Best of all, for me or anyone who is on the go during the day, I now take one Lialda tablet, twice daily (once in the morning, once at night). This is compared to two Asacol tablets THREE times daily."

Chad11990 September 9, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance "I have diagnose with Ulcerative Colitis (Proctitis) for last 4 years. Lialda has worked for me best with no side effect. I am taking 2 tab twice daily. For people with Ulcerative colitis in distal part of colon Lialda will work best. I had tried 2 years ago to switch to Apriso only because of the cost of Lialda and had a worst flare up and took 6 month to get normal with oral steroid and steroid enemas. I am using Lialda Pharmacy Saving card which reduce my copay to $10/month."

UP2020 (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have taken Lialda for a month and my symptoms have stopped. I have side effects of leg cramps. My Dr did not know about this site effect. Makes me wonder about him."

Jim28021 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 1, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was told to switch to Lialda after being on Asacol HD for 3 years 2 pills 3x a day 800mg each, due to my insurance not covering it anymore. My doctor told me the only difference was the coating, so I felt confident making the switch. By the end of week one of Lialda 1200mg 2 pills 2x a day, I was starting to get pain and go more frequently until it turned into diarrhea. I had no flare ups for a year and had been feeling great on the Asacol, so I immediately switched back to it after a month on Lialda. It was too late the wheels had already started turning on the road to a flare up. I am now on day 8 of being back on Asacol, waiting for my prednisone to get me better. I am so disappointed this happened."

Tummyache416 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I am on day 3 of Lialda. The first day I took all 4 pills with breakfast. Did the same on day 2. Day 2 I had severe diarrhea and chills and headache. I felt like I had the flu. That night I did the Canasa suppository. Woke up several times in the night but did not go to the bathroom. Day 3 woke up with severe headache and mild diarrhea. I decided that I would take 2 Lialda's with breakfast. I started feeling a little better. It is now night 3 and I just took 2 Lialda's with dinner. Headache is not as severe. I am hoping that by day 7 I feel normal again. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2003. I have not had a flare since 2006 until recently."

Babs174 June 8, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "Lialda is not for everyone. Talk to your doctor about other options because they're out there! I was prescribed to take Lialda 3xs daily. A couple hours after my third dose I developed the following reaction: fever, nausea, vomiting, chills, rash/hives on my throat and neck. My doctor wanted me to continue talking Lialda but lessen the dose. I did as told, and was bedridden from the side effects. I then found GI Dr and was prescribed Asacol and medicated enemas. No reactions yet! I wonder why Lialda made me sick but I am fine with Asacol?"

Anonymous June 1, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 8 years and due to financial situation stopped taking any meds for the past 5 years, but recently went back to my GI and after being reprimanded for my actions was put back on Lialda. It has been about 2 and half months and most of my symptoms have improved though still having soreness/dull ache in my abdomen and urgency for the bathroom more than my GI thinks I should. Colonscopy is scheduled in a few weeks to see what the condition of the colon is in and may have to add another medication. I would advise even if you are feeling fine do not stop taking your meds unless directed by your doctor. I have been told I will need to take meds for the rest of my life."

Beaner64 April 24, 2014

For Ulcerative Colitis "This is the only mesalamine formulation that prevents my symptoms (with an anti-TNF medication), and since it's taken only in the morning it's much easier to manage. Zero side effects. Very, very expensive. Sign up for the prescription copay card to make it as affordable as the generics. Note that while the active ingredient is available as generic, the delayed-release action of this brand makes all the difference in my experience."

Tomh219 February 23, 2014

For Crohn's Disease "Diagnosed in 2006 with severe Crohns disease. Tried a dozen medications and never had any success or even close to finding remission. Consistent pain, diarrhea, naesua etc.....started Lialda 1.2GM once daily 4 days ago. My pain, naesua and everything stopped within a few hours of first dose except diarrhea, its actually gotten worse and completely watery. Is this normal and if so how long does it typically last. I am SO happy to being 100% pain free for the first time in 7 years without having to use a pain killer just want the diarrhea to stop so I can be more active outside of the hone with my children."

7yearsawaiting October 22, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I take two Lialda pills every morning..(1.2gm), Lialda helped my stomach pains and bleeding tremendously! I recommend to everyone! It took a good 2 months to really show a big difference but I am so happy I finally found something that helps. It has taken me years to finally find something. Also, Contact your doctor or Lialda because it%u2019s really expensive but you can get their coupon card and only pay $10 a month."

JenniferL444 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2013

For Ulcerative Proctitis "I am 26 years old and have been battling with bad stomach problems for most of my life. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis about 4 years ago. My doctor put me on Lialda but I didn't stick with it. This past December, I had my first flare up...it was awful. I lost 10lbs and just felt sick all of the time. I went back on Lialda (3 pills a day) in January. At first, I didn't feel any different but then it really started working. It has been 8 months and I feel like a normal person now. Still have the occasional stomach ache but nothing abnormal! Feel great!"

Finally feel normal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 14, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "I have Ulcerative Colitis and have been on Lialda for a few years, 4 pills per day. I am in remission. My biggest problem is Urgency and if I can conquer this problem I would be so much better. I have no pain. I eat most foods but stay away from gassy foods such as beans. I found that when I eat popcorn, I have problems. "

In God We Trust July 12, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have been on several Ulcerative Colitis medicines for the past 10 years. Lialda has been amazing - I feel like a normal person. Asacol worked for me but I could never remember to take it 3 times a day. Lialda was 4 pills (a bit big) once in the morning. Lialda has been my life changer. I heard it is outrageously expensive but with good insurance it is very manageable."

No more UC! May 31, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis "After 8 weeks on Lialda, it did not clear up the blood, still had abdomen tenderness, and caused me to have diarrhea. I did get a discount card which brought the cost down to $10. If you like this medicine, you should go to their website and see if you can get this card. I got it from my MD."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active "My daughter takes Lialda for sever Ulcerative Colitis, if the cost is a problem talk with your doctor for a discount card through the company when added to your insurance it only cost about $10 with my insurance only its $40 if no insurance I believe its about $40 a month not sure, doesn't hurt to check out. The card is good for a year and you have to call to renew it at no cost. She started taking 4 pills a day and last summer her doctor dropped her down to 1. Since then over a period of 5 months its back with a vengeance severe bleeding and pain."

MS woman (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 9, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis "I used Liada for approx 1 month after a relapse of my Ulcerative Colitis. My doctor gave me samples of it. It worked very well. I had been on sulfasalazine for many years and was happy to find something else to take since I didn't have to take as many pills with Lialda. That said, after the samples ran out I was given a prescription and when I went to fill it at the pharmacy, I was shocked to see it was going to cost me over $300 for one months supply and that was AFTER my insurance paid more than half of it. I normally have a $5.00 copay so, needless to say, I am back on sulfasalazine and dealing with flareups again. (I got a discount card from Shire so the prescription would only cost me $120 a month but that's still too much)."

Schmom January 11, 2013

For Ulcerative Colitis "I have taken Lialda for 3 years and it works very well for me. The company that makes Lialda has a discount card so that the cost is $10.00 per month for me after insurance."

synthia (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2013