User Reviews for Lialda

Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lialda reviews 46 reviews 8.0

Reviews for Lialda

Review by Jim28021 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have taken Lialda for a month and my symptoms have stopped. I have side effects of leg cramps. My Dr did not know about this site effect. Makes me wonder about him.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 1, 2014 6:42 AM

Review by Tummyache416 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I was told to switch to Lialda after being on Asacol HD for 3 years 2 pills 3x a day 800mg each, due to my insurance not covering it anymore. My doctor told me the only difference was the coating, so I felt confident making the switch. By the end of week one of Lialda 1200mg 2 pills 2x a day, I was starting to get pain and go more frequently until it turned into diarrhea. I had no flare ups for a year and had been feeling great on the Asacol, so I immediately switched back to it after a month on Lialda. It was too late the wheels had already started turning on the road to a flare up. I am now on day 8 of being back on Asacol, waiting for my prednisone to get me better. I am so disappointed this happened.

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 25, 2014 2:22 AM

Review by Babs174:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I am on day 3 of Lialda. The first day I took all 4 pills with breakfast. Did the same on day 2. Day 2 I had severe diarrhea and chills and headache. I felt like I had the flu. That night I did the Canasa suppository. Woke up several times in the night but did not go to the bathroom. Day 3 woke up with severe headache and mild diarrhea. I decided that I would take 2 Lialda's with breakfast. I started feeling a little better. It is now night 3 and I just took 2 Lialda's with dinner. Headache is not as severe. I am hoping that by day 7 I feel normal again. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis in 2003. I have not had a flare since 2006 until recently.

June 8, 2014 8:23 PM

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Lialda is not for everyone. Talk to your doctor about other options because they're out there! I was prescribed to take Lialda 3xs daily. A couple hours after my third dose I developed the following reaction: fever, nausea, vomiting, chills, rash/hives on my throat and neck. My doctor wanted me to continue talking Lialda but lessen the dose. I did as told, and was bedridden from the side effects. I then found GI Dr and was prescribed Asacol and medicated enemas. No reactions yet! I wonder why Lialda made me sick but I am fine with Asacol?

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 1, 2014 3:44 AM

Review by Beaner64:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis 8 years and due to financial situation stopped taking any meds for the past 5 years, but recently went back to my GI and after being reprimanded for my actions was put back on Lialda. It has been about 2 and half months and most of my symptoms have improved though still having soreness/dull ache in my abdomen and urgency for the bathroom more than my GI thinks I should. Colonscopy is scheduled in a few weeks to see what the condition of the colon is in and may have to add another medication. I would advise even if you are feeling fine do not stop taking your meds unless directed by your doctor. I have been told I will need to take meds for the rest of my life.

April 24, 2014 3:53 PM

Review by Tomh219:

For Ulcerative Colitis: This is the only mesalamine formulation that prevents my symptoms (with an anti-TNF medication), and since it's taken only in the morning it's much easier to manage. Zero side effects. Very, very expensive. Sign up for the prescription copay card to make it as affordable as the generics. Note that while the active ingredient is available as generic, the delayed-release action of this brand makes all the difference in my experience.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2014 1:51 AM

Review by 7yearsawaiting:

For Crohn's Disease: Diagnosed in 2006 with severe Crohns disease. Tried a dozen medications and never had any success or even close to finding remission. Consistent pain, diarrhea, naesua etc.....started Lialda 1.2GM once daily 4 days ago. My pain, naesua and everything stopped within a few hours of first dose except diarrhea, its actually gotten worse and completely watery. Is this normal and if so how long does it typically last. I am SO happy to being 100% pain free for the first time in 7 years without having to use a pain killer just want the diarrhea to stop so I can be more active outside of the hone with my children.

October 22, 2013 1:42 AM

Review by JenniferL444 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I take two Lialda pills every morning..(1.2gm), Lialda helped my stomach pains and bleeding tremendously! I recommend to everyone! It took a good 2 months to really show a big difference but I am so happy I finally found something that helps. It has taken me years to finally find something. Also, Contact your doctor or Lialda because it%u2019s really expensive but you can get their coupon card and only pay $10 a month.

October 14, 2013 12:33 PM

Review by Finally feel normal (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Ulcerative Proctitis: I am 26 years old and have been battling with bad stomach problems for most of my life. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis about 4 years ago. My doctor put me on Lialda but I didn't stick with it. This past December, I had my first flare up...it was awful. I lost 10lbs and just felt sick all of the time. I went back on Lialda (3 pills a day) in January. At first, I didn't feel any different but then it really started working. It has been 8 months and I feel like a normal person now. Still have the occasional stomach ache but nothing abnormal! Feel great!

August 14, 2013 9:55 AM

Review by In God We Trust:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I have Ulcerative Colitis and have been on Lialda for a few years, 4 pills per day. I am in remission. My biggest problem is Urgency and if I can conquer this problem I would be so much better. I have no pain. I eat most foods but stay away from gassy foods such as beans. I found that when I eat popcorn, I have problems.

July 12, 2013 12:04 PM

Review by No more UC!:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have been on several Ulcerative Colitis medicines for the past 10 years. Lialda has been amazing - I feel like a normal person. Asacol worked for me but I could never remember to take it 3 times a day. Lialda was 4 pills (a bit big) once in the morning. Lialda has been my life changer. I heard it is outrageously expensive but with good insurance it is very manageable.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

May 31, 2013 5:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis: After 8 weeks on Lialda, it did not clear up the blood, still had abdomen tenderness, and caused me to have diarrhea. I did get a discount card which brought the cost down to $10. If you like this medicine, you should go to their website and see if you can get this card. I got it from my MD.

April 19, 2013 12:17 PM

Review by MS woman (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: My daughter takes Lialda for sever Ulcerative Colitis, if the cost is a problem talk with your doctor for a discount card through the company when added to your insurance it only cost about $10 with my insurance only its $40 if no insurance I believe its about $40 a month not sure, doesn't hurt to check out. The card is good for a year and you have to call to renew it at no cost. She started taking 4 pills a day and last summer her doctor dropped her down to 1. Since then over a period of 5 months its back with a vengeance severe bleeding and pain.

March 9, 2013 7:36 AM

Review by Schmom:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I used Liada for approx 1 month after a relapse of my Ulcerative Colitis. My doctor gave me samples of it. It worked very well. I had been on sulfasalazine for many years and was happy to find something else to take since I didn't have to take as many pills with Lialda. That said, after the samples ran out I was given a prescription and when I went to fill it at the pharmacy, I was shocked to see it was going to cost me over $300 for one months supply and that was AFTER my insurance paid more than half of it. I normally have a $5.00 copay so, needless to say, I am back on sulfasalazine and dealing with flareups again. (I got a discount card from Shire so the prescription would only cost me $120 a month but that's still too much).

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 11, 2013 4:01 PM

Review by synthia (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have taken Lialda for 3 years and it works very well for me. The company that makes Lialda has a discount card so that the cost is $10.00 per month for me after insurance.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

January 10, 2013 3:23 PM

Review by GAGator:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I have been taking Lialda for9 months now for my microscopic colitis and it is working! I take 3 pills a day with zero side effects. I only have flare ups if I eat something on my no-no list. My doctor told me I could come off the medication if I want to as it is the type that will cause remission but I am to afraid to go back to the pain of my colitis so I decided to remain taking it. The only problem with this medication is that it is very expensive.

December 1, 2012 11:01 AM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Ulcerative Proctitis: Before trying Lialda, I was taking Canasa which was extremely helpful, however, it is a suppository. That was not pleasant, especially if I was going to have to continue taking that medication for the rest of my life! My doctor mentioned Lialda so I started taking it. It has been just as effective as Canasa for me and I have not had a flare up in almost 3 years!

November 27, 2012 5:28 PM

For Ulcerative Colitis: I'm sure Lialda works for some people. It unfortunately had no effect on my ulcerative colitis. Took it for a month, on to the next one.

June 6, 2012 6:09 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Most of my symptoms disappeared! As long as I take as directed, I am pain free!! Still have tiredness and occasional low grade fever but no bleeding for three years now.

May 23, 2012 12:16 AM

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have been on this medicine for approximately one and a half weeks and it has improved my colitis immensely so far but I don't think I can continue to use it because of the cost.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 18, 2012 11:22 AM

Review by Mama320:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: I was prescribed Asacol, Apriso, had 3 sessions of Remicade all with disappointing results. I have been using Lialda for about 21 months. I was in total remission until about 2 weeks ago..so I did really good for nearly a year. Then one hugely stressful incident caused a flare up. I am working with my doctor to get back on track.

December 29, 2011 12:06 PM

Review by gtr:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: My doctor switched me from Asacol (which was working very well) to Lialda and the results were horrible. When I started having bad flare ups my gastroenterologist had no clue what do do. She put me on Remicade over 16 months with no results and I was miserable. When I suggested that perhaps it was the Lialda that was causing the problems she stated that that was "not likely". Well, after about two years of misery and being back on steroids, I switched doctors - a guy who came highly recommended. After a heart to heart consultation with him, he stated he had some patients who did not do well with Lialda and decided to take me off that medication immediately. Within three weeks I was off steroids, back to using Asacol and life is now okay.

October 27, 2011 2:35 PM

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I was worried to be on a medication such as lialda on its strongest dosage (4 pills a day). My doctor told me to have all 4 in the morning with food. The combination of the Lialda and Canasa suppository at night helped my symptoms within days. I was blood free for two weeks but now notice some blood again. I'm really frustrated and hope this is just going to take more time and not mean that I have to try something stronger.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

October 20, 2011 12:20 PM

Review by sir poops a lot:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I've been using Lialda on and off for about 2 yrs now. Used it daily when 1st prescribed until all ulcerative colitis symptoms went away. I mainly use it during flare ups. My Colitis began severely flaring up this past week and since I started taking Lialda again, I notice reduction/elimination of blood in stool, less bowel movements and more solid movements. I believe Lialda is extremely helpful, especially if taken as maintenance medication to prevent flare ups...which is what I should start to do.

October 18, 2011 9:21 PM

Review by bmrav71:

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I've been on Lialda for about 3 weeks and its not working at all for me. I feel like I have the flu everyday and the severe headache is unreal. I am still bloated and still not going to the bathroom.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate