User Reviews for Lialda

Inflammatory Bowel Disease 0 reviews 73 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Lialda reviews 41 reviews 8.3

Reviews for Lialda

Review by Tomh219: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: This is the only mesalamine formulation that prevents my symptoms (with an anti-TNF medication), and since it's taken only in the morning it's much easier to manage. Zero side effects. Very, very expensive. Sign up for the prescription copay card to make it as affordable as the generics. Note that while the active ingredient is available as generic, the delayed-release action of this brand makes all the difference in my experience.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
February 23, 2014 1:51 AM
Review by 7yearsawaiting: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Crohn's Disease: Diagnosed in 2006 with severe Crohns disease. Tried a dozen medications and never had any success or even close to finding remission. Consistent pain, diarrhea, naesua etc.....started Lialda 1.2GM once daily 4 days ago. My pain, naesua and everything stopped within a few hours of first dose except diarrhea, its actually gotten worse and completely watery. Is this normal and if so how long does it typically last. I am SO happy to being 100% pain free for the first time in 7 years without having to use a pain killer just want the diarrhea to stop so I can be more active outside of the hone with my children.

October 22, 2013 1:42 AM
Review by JenniferL444 (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I take two Lialda pills every morning..(1.2gm), Lialda helped my stomach pains and bleeding tremendously! I recommend to everyone! It took a good 2 months to really show a big difference but I am so happy I finally found something that helps. It has taken me years to finally find something. Also, Contact your doctor or Lialda because it%u2019s really expensive but you can get their coupon card and only pay $10 a month.

October 14, 2013 12:33 PM
Review by Finally feel normal (taken for 6 months to 1 year): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Proctitis: I am 26 years old and have been battling with bad stomach problems for most of my life. I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Proctitis about 4 years ago. My doctor put me on Lialda but I didn't stick with it. This past December, I had my first flare up...it was awful. I lost 10lbs and just felt sick all of the time. I went back on Lialda (3 pills a day) in January. At first, I didn't feel any different but then it really started working. It has been 8 months and I feel like a normal person now. Still have the occasional stomach ache but nothing abnormal! Feel great!

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
August 14, 2013 9:55 AM
Review by In God We Trust: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I have Ulcerative Colitis and have been on Lialda for a few years, 4 pills per day. I am in remission. My biggest problem is Urgency and if I can conquer this problem I would be so much better. I have no pain. I eat most foods but stay away from gassy foods such as beans. I found that when I eat popcorn, I have problems.

July 12, 2013 12:04 PM
Review by No more UC!: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: I have been on several Ulcerative Colitis medicines for the past 10 years. Lialda has been amazing - I feel like a normal person. Asacol worked for me but I could never remember to take it 3 times a day. Lialda was 4 pills (a bit big) once in the morning. Lialda has been my life changer. I heard it is outrageously expensive but with good insurance it is very manageable.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
May 31, 2013 5:09 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: After 8 weeks on Lialda, it did not clear up the blood, still had abdomen tenderness, and caused me to have diarrhea. I did get a discount card which brought the cost down to $10. If you like this medicine, you should go to their website and see if you can get this card. I got it from my MD.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
April 19, 2013 12:17 PM
Review by MS woman (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: My daughter takes Lialda for sever Ulcerative Colitis, if the cost is a problem talk with your doctor for a discount card through the company when added to your insurance it only cost about $10 with my insurance only its $40 if no insurance I believe its about $40 a month not sure, doesn't hurt to check out. The card is good for a year and you have to call to renew it at no cost. She started taking 4 pills a day and last summer her doctor dropped her down to 1. Since then over a period of 5 months its back with a vengeance severe bleeding and pain.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
March 9, 2013 7:36 AM
Review by Schmom: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: I used Liada for approx 1 month after a relapse of my Ulcerative Colitis. My doctor gave me samples of it. It worked very well. I had been on sulfasalazine for many years and was happy to find something else to take since I didn't have to take as many pills with Lialda. That said, after the samples ran out I was given a prescription and when I went to fill it at the pharmacy, I was shocked to see it was going to cost me over $300 for one months supply and that was AFTER my insurance paid more than half of it. I normally have a $5.00 copay so, needless to say, I am back on sulfasalazine and dealing with flareups again. (I got a discount card from Shire so the prescription would only cost me $120 a month but that's still too much).

January 11, 2013 4:01 PM
Review by synthia (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: I have taken Lialda for 3 years and it works very well for me. The company that makes Lialda has a discount card so that the cost is $10.00 per month for me after insurance.

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 10, 2013 3:23 PM
Review by GAGator: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I have been taking Lialda for9 months now for my microscopic colitis and it is working! I take 3 pills a day with zero side effects. I only have flare ups if I eat something on my no-no list. My doctor told me I could come off the medication if I want to as it is the type that will cause remission but I am to afraid to go back to the pain of my colitis so I decided to remain taking it. The only problem with this medication is that it is very expensive.

December 1, 2012 11:01 AM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Proctitis: Before trying Lialda, I was taking Canasa which was extremely helpful, however, it is a suppository. That was not pleasant, especially if I was going to have to continue taking that medication for the rest of my life! My doctor mentioned Lialda so I started taking it. It has been just as effective as Canasa for me and I have not had a flare up in almost 3 years!

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
November 27, 2012 5:28 PM

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: I'm sure Lialda works for some people. It unfortunately had no effect on my ulcerative colitis. Took it for a month, on to the next one.

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
June 6, 2012 6:09 PM
Review by Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years): User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Most of my symptoms disappeared! As long as I take as directed, I am pain free!! Still have tiredness and occasional low grade fever but no bleeding for three years now.

May 23, 2012 12:16 AM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis: I have been on this medicine for approximately one and a half weeks and it has improved my colitis immensely so far but I don't think I can continue to use it because of the cost.

March 18, 2012 11:22 AM
Review by Mama320: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Maintenance: I was prescribed Asacol, Apriso, had 3 sessions of Remicade all with disappointing results. I have been using Lialda for about 21 months. I was in total remission until about 2 weeks ago..so I did really good for nearly a year. Then one hugely stressful incident caused a flare up. I am working with my doctor to get back on track.

December 29, 2011 12:06 PM
Review by gtr: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: My doctor switched me from Asacol (which was working very well) to Lialda and the results were horrible. When I started having bad flare ups my gastroenterologist had no clue what do do. She put me on Remicade over 16 months with no results and I was miserable. When I suggested that perhaps it was the Lialda that was causing the problems she stated that that was "not likely". Well, after about two years of misery and being back on steroids, I switched doctors - a guy who came highly recommended. After a heart to heart consultation with him, he stated he had some patients who did not do well with Lialda and decided to take me off that medication immediately. Within three weeks I was off steroids, back to using Asacol and life is now okay.

October 27, 2011 2:35 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I was worried to be on a medication such as lialda on its strongest dosage (4 pills a day). My doctor told me to have all 4 in the morning with food. The combination of the Lialda and Canasa suppository at night helped my symptoms within days. I was blood free for two weeks but now notice some blood again. I'm really frustrated and hope this is just going to take more time and not mean that I have to try something stronger.

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
October 20, 2011 12:20 PM
Review by sir poops a lot: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I've been using Lialda on and off for about 2 yrs now. Used it daily when 1st prescribed until all ulcerative colitis symptoms went away. I mainly use it during flare ups. My Colitis began severely flaring up this past week and since I started taking Lialda again, I notice reduction/elimination of blood in stool, less bowel movements and more solid movements. I believe Lialda is extremely helpful, especially if taken as maintenance medication to prevent flare ups...which is what I should start to do.

October 18, 2011 9:21 PM
Review by bmrav71:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I've been on Lialda for about 3 weeks and its not working at all for me. I feel like I have the flu everyday and the severe headache is unreal. I am still bloated and still not going to the bathroom.

October 10, 2011 7:33 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: What a remarkable medicine. I had battled with ulcerative colitis for quite a few years before I decided to FINALLY go to a G.I doctor. I am so glad I did because after my diagnoses I began Lialda and it has been heaven sent. I can now live a normal life, not "fearful" of foods and how they may affect me later. I had quite a few other symptoms (cramping, moderate bleeding, etc) and sure enough they have all been relieved. I take 2 tablets twice a day and have had no side effects :) Or at least not any that I have noticed. I am relieved to know that my future looks brighter, because being in my younger 20's and dealing with this health issue wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing.

September 17, 2011 9:12 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I have been diagnosed with ulcerative colitis for nearly 3 years. I take 3 pills a day. Initially, I was prescribed 4 pills, but did have an increase in headaches. But, just dropping to 3 pills alleviated the headaches and my proctitis is well managed. I have needed to do bouts of predisone 2 times, but overall, Lialda has worked for me.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
July 6, 2011 2:43 PM
Review by ddive: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I had been in remission for 20 years and then had a flair up like never before. I refuse to take any steroid based medicines due to the side effects and advised my Doctor of that. He started me on 4 pills of Lialda a day and within 1 week all of my symptoms where gone. I am now taking 2 pills a day and remain symptom free with absolutely no side effects.

February 6, 2011 7:51 AM
Review by little t:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: I have been taking Lialda for almost 2 years and it works really good for me. I take one tablet four times a day. I have tried other medication but they didn't work as good as Lialda.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate
January 3, 2011 11:50 PM
Review by Anonymous: User Rating:

Lialda (mesalamine) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: Only been on it for a week but my fairly severe ulcerative colitis symptoms have fully subsided. I am taking 1.2g 2 x day. I also started 1200mg of slippery elm and Turmeric 2 days after starting the Lialda.

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate