User Reviews for Stelara

Learn more about Stelara.

Psoriasis 71 reviews 310 medications

8.3
Psoriatic Arthritis 3 reviews 58 medications

Summary of Stelara reviews 74 reviews 6.2

Reviews for Stelara

For Psoriasis "I came down with psoriasis at age 54 and am now 57. It devasted me within 2 months. I lost my finger nails and toe nails. I couldn't walk without help. My hands were useless. I just started with the injections on 2/2/16. Had my 2nd injection on 3/2/16. I've notice some improvement on my left shin area of my leg and my left elbow. Other areas are now pink. My feet are somewhat better but my hands are still bad as I wear examination gloves constantly. I've still have flakes, dryness, itching and bumps as the Stelara hasn't helped "yet" with that. I'm due for my 1st 90 Day shot after these 2 booster shots. I'll see what my Dr. Thinks then on 5/25/16..."

Mr. Timmy D April 19, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have had chronic Psoriasis for 25 years, since I was 9, all over my body, face and hands. I tried Methotrexate when I was 22, and I was finally clear for the first time. I was on this medication for 12 years, with a small break to have my child. Unfortunately it just stopped working, my liver wasn't happy and my Psoriasis was coming back, BAD. My only option was biologic therapy - Humira or Stelara. I had to undergo months of tests to qualify for funding. I finally had my first injection 7 weeks ago, and without exaggeration on the second day I felt my skin changing, relaxing. A week in and it had visably got better, thinner and less angry. Now my skin is 90% clear, just some slight pinkness on my legs. And no side effects! AMAZING!"

Lisamp April 14, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have been on Stelara for almost 3 months. Had the 3rd shot even 1 month earlier than planned. I have psoriasis on my fingers and nails. I think this drug is just overrated. Nothing really happened. Plus the P is coming back on my elbows again after a long recession. I am supposed to take the last 3 shots but I don't think there will be any improvement."

Baknedicem (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2016

For Psoriasis "I have had psoriasis since 1978. I had tried just about everything when my dermatologist suggested I take part in the study for a new drug, eventually called Stalara. It worked about 80% and left only two patches of itchy plaque - It has not increased (or decreased) since then. I went off of it (would not sign the papers to put my information in the cloud) in June of last year (2015). Surprisingly, it has not returned any worse in the 7 months I have been off of the drug. The two patches remain the same and all other body parts remain free of plaque. I'm feeling pretty good about that - I hope it continues."

HIML (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 8, 2016

For Psoriasis "At the start, after 2 injections, I was 99.5% cured, then the NHS decided to stop my treatment on the retirement of my Dr , in 5 weeks, the Psoriosis returned, worse than it had ever been, after 8 weeks still no treatment forth coming, my whole body was burning red hot & 75% scaley, had an injection 3 months ago, 99.9% of my body had cleared of Psoriosis in 2 months, I am due my next one next week, the NHS is holding it back again, I am dreading what is going to happen to me & my body if i don't get the next injection."

maktavish March 2, 2016

For Psoriasis "This has been great for me. I've struggled with psoriasis for 16 years, then this last year I developed psoriatic arthritis too. I was given Stelara after much struggle with the insurance company. The 45 mg dose helped and did more for my psoriasis than my arthritis but the 90mg dose has changed everything. My hand and my feet are almost completely free of psoriasis and my arthritis is nothing like it was this time last year. Crazy expensive but it has changed my life."

Luluplus2 February 22, 2016

For Psoriasis "I was on the medication for over 2 years. Went off to get pregnant. My psoriasis has come back 100 percent worse. 2x as bad 2x more spots. I am now covered everywhere it is a disaster."

graciehonalulu12345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2016

For Psoriasis "Hello everyone and warm thanks for all extremely helpful comments! I received my second Stellar injection about one month ago, an phased out the cyclosporine one week ago. The skin is incredibly clear of spots (since 25 years it has not been this good), but as a change, an almost intolerable itching started. a) Would anyone have experience how to calm down the itching? Taking sodium bicarbonate with water seems to help a bit, but I am still scratching in my sleep. I have allergies, and thought that maybe antihistamine could work. Thanks in advance for any hints you may have!"

Itching - any help? (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 9, 2016

For Psoriasis "I am 41, I have had psoriasis since I was 3 and was misdiagnosed from the beginning as anything from warts to cradle cap. I've used Cole tar, all of the lights(including PUVA), steroids, vitamin D, diet, Chinese herbs, acupuncture and methotrexate ( probably more I can't remember). I have never been more clear than I am now. I've had no side effects that I am aware of and couldn't be happier. I was afraid of biologics, but I should have embraced them sooner"

Drumthwackett January 30, 2016

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have had psoriatic arthritis for the past 12 years every treatment failed on me including photo therapy, humira, enbrel, etc. I was covered approximately 70% and completely covered on my face and head. I tried stelara and after 6 months got decent clearance I could see my face again. I am at one year now and at month 10 it just failed hard, I right back where I started. I can just shake my head, hair, and face over a sink and completely cover it scales, chunks, paste, and slough from my psoriasis. I very frustrated . No one should have to live through this. I haven't been on a date in over a decade. No one even talks to me, I am in complete isolation. I hate stelara because it gave me hope"

Crusty One (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2015

For Psoriasis "Had psoriasis for 14 years started in palm of my hands which was really bad for 8 years then my legs, past three years spread all over 90%, no sleep, severe itcing at night, skin shred everyday from room to room embarrassed to go any where wore clothing all over even gloves I have not even visited family I was depressed I had from puva, uv treatment, tar cream endless of cream and ointment all failed , December 4th 2015 had my first shot of stelara I must say they have saved my life, no more bleeding, no shredding I still have a long way to go but my skin show so much improvement. thank you I feel so much better This is a miracle drug for all of us who suffer from p Thank you Annette"

ann200240 December 26, 2015

For Psoriasis "I have Crohn's disease and was put on remicade to treat it and then I developed medical induced psoriasis it's so bad and painful I can't walk some days and I have a hard time opening things like doors. All of hair fell out and be a 24 year old girl I was devastated. I was put on stelara at an abnormally high dose of 90mg 1 a month for a few months now I'm at 6 weeks the goal is to get me to 8 weeks stelara has made an improvement my hair has started to grow back in and right after the shot I can walk and my hands start to heal but within a couple of weeks I back slide again but stelara has really helped me not lose my mind completely if I was a normal psoriasis person maybe it would be better."

Ney2015 December 5, 2015

For Psoriasis "I have been on stelara for over 1 year now. Had psoriasis on the palms of my hands and feet very badly. It has worked very well and i only get ocassional little flares now as oposed to not being able to walk. Side effects have been acceptable, noticed I get sick more easily and am prone to migraines when first taking a shot. Overall I would recommend Stelara for someone who is suffering."

Ndam November 7, 2015

For Psoriasis "28 year old male.. Been on stelara for 2.5 months went from 70% covered to almost 0% it had worked amazingly... Just a question does any pay know how long it takes to start seeing some of the red go away that was in the really bad spots? Thanks all and good luck"

Adamacierno October 20, 2015

For Psoriasis "Stelara is a wonder drug! It has cured up to 98% of the psoriasis I have suffered from for 50 years. No side effects (so far) apart from helping with arthritis of the knees. I can recommend this drug, although very expensive, from my personal experience."

Clic August 9, 2015

For Psoriasis "I have had servere psoriasis for 15 years I am now 34 nothing has work apart from u v but the condition soon came back after treatment since being on stelara I have notice a 90% improvement before starting I was 80% covered I could not hardly walk I had thick scales from my neck right down to my ankles since I have been on stelara all I have is a long thin white patch on the inside of my right leg and and I still have some red on both sides of my stomic,i have never felt so healthy or happy blood test always come back clear and I can at last wear shorts and tops with no sleeves with out worrying about what people think"

kevstar33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2015

For Psoriasis "64 year old Male Chronic Plaque Psoriasis since age 12. Hospitalised many times. Previously tried everything including PUVA, UVB & Tar, Dithranol, Topica Steroids, Topical Calcipitrol , Acetretin, Cyclosporin, Methotrexate, Fumaric Acid Esters, Infliximab (Remicade) and finally now Stelara. All treatments with the exception of Acetretin and Cyclosporin have been effective to some degree up to full clearance but the relapse time was always short. Was on Remicade for 3.5 years which was very effective but lost its effect over the last 6 months. Have just had my 3rd set of injections (2 at a time) and am as clear as I have ever been in 52 years. Truly life changing. Paid for by NHS!"

Harry64 July 22, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Tried for 6 months after humor for 3 years. Horrible lower back pain, symptoms of psa worsening each month, psoriasis worsening each month and the last shot has permanently discolored the skin on my thigh in a 3inch by 2in area. Very noticeable and hasn't gone away even though discontinued stellar several weeks ago. Back pain still unbearable at times. Would not use again ever."

fiddlinchick (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 5, 2015

For Psoriasis "I'm 38 ive been on stelara for 6 years and I was 80 % covered. within 6 months I was 95% clear. the only draw back is it doesn't work on my scalp and my fatigue over the years has gotten worse. some days I don't even want to move."

patches77 July 1, 2015

For Psoriasis "Using Stelara has been nothing short or amazing for me. I didn't have 95% body-coverage like some of the people here but my hands were completely covered and it seemed to be spreading onto my wrists and up my forearms. The pain was excruciating and I was emotionally exhausted from constantly trying to hide what was happening to me. I'm a musician/educator and spend a great deal of time in front of people. I do feel that Stelara saved my life. I am 100% clear of all signs of psoriasis. No itch, no bleeding, no pain, just normal looking skin. I am also completely alleviated from the mental strain, anxiety, self-consciousness, etc. What an amazing change in my life."

Pain-Free June 30, 2015

For Psoriasis "I've had psoriasis, and some psoriatic arthritis since I was 12, I'm 40 now. I had 95% body coverage, and started taking Stelara as one of the first trial patients in Canada in early 2009...what a difference. No more throbbing knees, and I hover between 5 - 10% coverage now, it was at 0% for a couple of years but I had an injury and gained a bunch of weight, so that is why it's up now (maybe 3 kids doesn't help either ;-). The only issues I have are the price (thankfully it's covered), and the fact that I am more susceptible to colds and flu, and will get sunburn easily if I don't watch out."

TDarMan June 25, 2015

For Psoriasis "I'm 53. I've had psoriasis for as long as i can remember. It has been moderate most of that time. About a year ago it started getting bad. My dermatologist tried the new oral medication. After three months it was still getting worse. I got to 95 %. I coulnt sleep from the intense burning and itching. They decided to put me on Stelara. Within a week i noticed a huge difference. I just got my 1 month shot. My upper body is completely clear. I only have a few spots left on my lower legs and feet. I was actually on Enbrel 8 years ago. It did work but this Stelara is incredible. I cant remember when my skin was this clear. My girlfreind just hought me a bunch of short sleve shirts. I is totally amazing."

Bgunit68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

For Psoriasis "Now 48, I have had psoriasis for 32 years. Never have I experienced a medication that has worked so well. I have been covered head to toe and I am now 95% clear. So nice to not see psoriasis in the mirror. I wish everybody can have results like mine."

Gary A (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2015

For Psoriasis "I was 65 when I got psoriasis, tried everything possible until I told my derm. I have to have something. I have received 2 inj. & feel it has pretty much saved my life (not really) but I'm so much more comfortable. However I retired in Jan. & my ins. changed to Humana which will not cover Stelara, so at this time I am stressing (worst thing you can do) about how I can continue this inj. without having to pay the enormous price, so I am researching everything possible...long story short I have definitely benefited from the Stelara..."

Victrolax (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

For Psoriasis "I started Stelara Sept 2014. By January 2015, psoriasis are worse than they have ever been. I even have patches on my face! I've suffered with psoriasis for 30 years."

StacyW. February 3, 2015