User Reviews for Stelara

Learn more about Stelara.

Stelara Rating Summary

8.5/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 232 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Stelara to treat Psoriasis

"I am 41, I have had psoriasis since I was 3 and was misdiagnosed from the beginning as anything from warts to cradle cap. I've used Cole tar, all of the lights(including PUVA), steroids, vitamin D, diet, Chinese herbs, acupuncture and methotrexate ( probably more I can't remember). I have never been more clear than I am now. I've had no side effects that I am aware of and couldn't be happier. I was afraid of biologics, but I should have embraced them sooner"

Drumthwackett January 30, 2016

"Had psoriasis for 14 years started in palm of my hands which was really bad for 8 years then my legs, past three years spread all over 90%, no sleep, severe itcing at night, skin shred everyday from room to room embarrassed to go any where wore clothing all over even gloves I have not even visited family I was depressed I had from puva, uv treatment, tar cream endless of cream and ointment all failed , December 4th 2015 had my first shot of stelara I must say they have saved my life, no more bleeding, no shredding I still have a long way to go but my skin show so much improvement. thank you I feel so much better This is a miracle drug for all of us who suffer from p Thank you Annette"

ann200240 December 26, 2015

"I have Crohn's disease and was put on remicade to treat it and then I developed medical induced psoriasis it's so bad and painful I can't walk some days and I have a hard time opening things like doors. All of hair fell out and be a 24 year old girl I was devastated. I was put on stelara at an abnormally high dose of 90mg 1 a month for a few months now I'm at 6 weeks the goal is to get me to 8 weeks stelara has made an improvement my hair has started to grow back in and right after the shot I can walk and my hands start to heal but within a couple of weeks I back slide again but stelara has really helped me not lose my mind completely if I was a normal psoriasis person maybe it would be better."

Ney2015 December 5, 2015

"I have been on stelara for over 1 year now. Had psoriasis on the palms of my hands and feet very badly. It has worked very well and i only get ocassional little flares now as oposed to not being able to walk. Side effects have been acceptable, noticed I get sick more easily and am prone to migraines when first taking a shot. Overall I would recommend Stelara for someone who is suffering."

Ndam November 7, 2015

"28 year old male.. Been on stelara for 2.5 months went from 70% covered to almost 0% it had worked amazingly... Just a question does any pay know how long it takes to start seeing some of the red go away that was in the really bad spots? Thanks all and good luck"

Adamacierno October 20, 2015

"Stelara is a wonder drug! It has cured up to 98% of the psoriasis I have suffered from for 50 years. No side effects (so far) apart from helping with arthritis of the knees. I can recommend this drug, although very expensive, from my personal experience."

Clic August 9, 2015

"I have had servere psoriasis for 15 years I am now 34 nothing has work apart from u v but the condition soon came back after treatment since being on stelara I have notice a 90% improvement before starting I was 80% covered I could not hardly walk I had thick scales from my neck right down to my ankles since I have been on stelara all I have is a long thin white patch on the inside of my right leg and and I still have some red on both sides of my stomic,i have never felt so healthy or happy blood test always come back clear and I can at last wear shorts and tops with no sleeves with out worrying about what people think"

kevstar33 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 5, 2015

"64 year old Male Chronic Plaque Psoriasis since age 12. Hospitalised many times. Previously tried everything including PUVA, UVB & Tar, Dithranol, Topica Steroids, Topical Calcipitrol , Acetretin, Cyclosporin, Methotrexate, Fumaric Acid Esters, Infliximab (Remicade) and finally now Stelara. All treatments with the exception of Acetretin and Cyclosporin have been effective to some degree up to full clearance but the relapse time was always short. Was on Remicade for 3.5 years which was very effective but lost its effect over the last 6 months. Have just had my 3rd set of injections (2 at a time) and am as clear as I have ever been in 52 years. Truly life changing. Paid for by NHS!"

Harry64 July 22, 2015

"I'm 38 ive been on stelara for 6 years and I was 80 % covered. within 6 months I was 95% clear. the only draw back is it doesn't work on my scalp and my fatigue over the years has gotten worse. some days I don't even want to move."

patches77 July 1, 2015

"Using Stelara has been nothing short or amazing for me. I didn't have 95% body-coverage like some of the people here but my hands were completely covered and it seemed to be spreading onto my wrists and up my forearms. The pain was excruciating and I was emotionally exhausted from constantly trying to hide what was happening to me. I'm a musician/educator and spend a great deal of time in front of people. I do feel that Stelara saved my life. I am 100% clear of all signs of psoriasis. No itch, no bleeding, no pain, just normal looking skin. I am also completely alleviated from the mental strain, anxiety, self-consciousness, etc. What an amazing change in my life."

Pain-Free June 30, 2015

"I've had psoriasis, and some psoriatic arthritis since I was 12, I'm 40 now. I had 95% body coverage, and started taking Stelara as one of the first trial patients in Canada in early 2009...what a difference. No more throbbing knees, and I hover between 5 - 10% coverage now, it was at 0% for a couple of years but I had an injury and gained a bunch of weight, so that is why it's up now (maybe 3 kids doesn't help either ;-). The only issues I have are the price (thankfully it's covered), and the fact that I am more susceptible to colds and flu, and will get sunburn easily if I don't watch out."

TDarMan June 25, 2015

"I'm 53. I've had psoriasis for as long as i can remember. It has been moderate most of that time. About a year ago it started getting bad. My dermatologist tried the new oral medication. After three months it was still getting worse. I got to 95 %. I coulnt sleep from the intense burning and itching. They decided to put me on Stelara. Within a week i noticed a huge difference. I just got my 1 month shot. My upper body is completely clear. I only have a few spots left on my lower legs and feet. I was actually on Enbrel 8 years ago. It did work but this Stelara is incredible. I cant remember when my skin was this clear. My girlfreind just hought me a bunch of short sleve shirts. I is totally amazing."

Bgunit68 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

"Now 48, I have had psoriasis for 32 years. Never have I experienced a medication that has worked so well. I have been covered head to toe and I am now 95% clear. So nice to not see psoriasis in the mirror. I wish everybody can have results like mine."

Gary A (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 12, 2015

"I was 65 when I got psoriasis, tried everything possible until I told my derm. I have to have something. I have received 2 inj. & feel it has pretty much saved my life (not really) but I'm so much more comfortable. However I retired in Jan. & my ins. changed to Humana which will not cover Stelara, so at this time I am stressing (worst thing you can do) about how I can continue this inj. without having to pay the enormous price, so I am researching everything possible...long story short I have definitely benefited from the Stelara..."

Victrolax (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 17, 2015

"I started Stelara Sept 2014. By January 2015, psoriasis are worse than they have ever been. I even have patches on my face! I've suffered with psoriasis for 30 years."

StacyW. February 3, 2015

"After 30 plus years of SUFFERING with Psoriasis and after being on Stelara for 5 years now I don't have a skerik any where on my body. I had a PASI rating of 91, now its 0. Thank you Stelara."

Pacer Dave December 18, 2014

"27 year old female. Suffered with plaque psoriasis since age 12 (15 years) just woke up covered from head to toe one morning. Tried every treatment avail in Canada- nothing worked. Parents went on a year hunt for a cure the first year I had psoriasis, but turned up with nothing that remotely worked. Two years ago I was prescribed Stelara , best decision I ever made. Price is insanely high but with the right teams amazing coverage became available. So far no noticeable side effects other than my common cold lasting longer than usual. Blood work and tests always come out fine. Only problem I have had while on this medication is I was diagnosed with strep throat and because of that my psoriasis came back very drastically and over night."

jaimeā™” December 1, 2014

"I had no side effects with this medication and my skin has remained 99% clear since I began using it."

Demmy245 (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 18, 2014

"Have been on Stelara for about a year and a half. When started, I had 50-60% coverage. It was down to about 10-15% by the time I had my second injection, and down to about 5% by the time I had my third. It has remained about that level since, but now only consists of flat pinkish spots that barely itch at all and look more like old scars than the scabby, cracked, bleeding mess they were before. As for the side effects; I seem to be more prone to various infections than before. I seem to catch colds more easily. Also, I usually feel some muscle pain and fatigue starting the day after my injection and lasting for a couple of days (easily dealt with by scheduling my appointments on Friday afternoons and taking it easy over the weekend)."

mds_02 November 5, 2014

"Stelara is an excellent medication. I first contracted psoriasis through strep throat. I was covered in red spots from the neck down. Previously, I used a medication that cleared it up but it was harsh and made my hair fall out! I switched to Stelara and it cleared it up within days, I kid you not. The only side effect has been fatigue and maybe a mild case of depression (which I'm not sure can be attributed to the Stelara). I'm only giving it a 9 because it won't clear up the patches on my face AND it is very expensive (right now the cost is 19,000 but Johnson & Johnson is covering it). Highly recommend though."

MaryJaneStraightDope August 18, 2014

"I am 61 and first contracted psoriasis when I was 46 years old. It started on my elbows and gradually spread to my arms, torso, buttocks and legs. The last few years have been extremely difficult with a lot of redness and flaking. I could not wear short pants or short sleeves as I was very embarrassed. Over the years I tried hundreds of over the counter creams, supplements, light treatments, saunas, baths, diets, and prescription steroid creams and ointments. Nothing worked...until Stelara. Three weeks after my first shot of Stelara I was 95% clear. Two weeks after the second shot a month later I was completely clear of psoriasis."

Bobh222 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2014

"On Stelara for about 9 months now. It does work well on reducing my very thick, very stubborn head to toe psoriasis that I've suffered from for nearly 20 years. The reason I am only giving it a 6 rating is that the manufacturer has totally over rated their product in terms of the length of time it lasts. For me, this medicine lasts about 4 weeks at best and I need another shot or the psoriasis flares up with the vengeance of a woman scorned. If I was to wait the suggested 12 weeks the psoriasis becomes worse than before I started. As a result of this, the price of the medicine should be drastically reduced to better reflect it's true half-life."

CanadaBoi (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 16, 2014

69 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

"Psoriasis cleared completely after first injection, now 6 weeks after my second one its starting to come back on my head, I'm also experiencing difficulties deep breathing while exercising and when I exert myself, also elbow and knee pain, being an active exercise person this is dramatically affecting me now,"

reevsie May 24, 2014

"Stelara has been great. I have experienced no side effects and I just got my second shot and my Psoriasis is 90% faded after 4 weeks since my first shot. Basically if your insurance will cover it's realistically a miracle. Good luck reader. I hope you have a similar experience of success."

Goblin8er May 17, 2014

"Stelara has been amazing. After 3 years still 100%. Changed my life dramatically. No side effects whatsoever, blood work perfect, no colds, flus, etc. Healthy and happy !"

scabbyone (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 19, 2014