User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 65 medications

Crohn's Disease, Acute 9 reviews 14 medications

7.5
Summary of Remicade reviews 95 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Remicade

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with pan UC 2 years ago. My doctor gave me different medication that didn't work for me and made me worse. I lost 20 pounds in two weeks and didn't eat or drink anything because I would go to the bathroom ten times a day. My doctor finally recommended remicade, symptoms went down and a year later I've started flaring up again. They increased dosage and I get it every month now. But while I'm writing this my flare ups started again and it's been two weeks of bleeding and my doctor is on vacation. I don't know to do next, I don't want to have surgery."

Derek87 December 28, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed with uc in my twenties. For many years I maintained with various medications and only a couple of relatively minor flare ups. Suddenly at age 56 I had a severe flare up that did not respond to prednisone. Removing colon was brought up. After much suffering and weight loss for about 3 months I was put on Remicade by my wonderful GI. Within a couple of weeks my condition began to improve. I am now almost 7 years with infusions every 8 weeks. I am very grateful for this medication, although I do wonder if my immune system is weakened. It really doesn't compare to almost dying or having major surgery. I know it doesn't work for everyone but for me it was a miracle."

WNYer (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 27, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My son has crohns and lost 30 lbs in 2.5 months. He took the medicine the doctor said to take but then he developed a fistula. I could tell he was in a lot of pain but yet he would not tell me what was going on. Both of us being very uneducated of this disease had no idea of the trouble he was headed towards. I made an appointment with the surgeon, the surgeon confirmed a fistula, and said he needed to take Remicade. My son has had four Remicade treatments and I have to say he was doing a lot better after the first treatment. It has been almost 9 months now and he is back to his average weight of 190. We are both afraid of the Remicade and we don't talk about it very much at all but I do have to admit it has given my son his life back."

Mothers defeat October 17, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I went in yesterday morning at 9am to receive my first infusion of Remicade. Had my IV inserted in my arm, and had my vitals checked at the beginning and then every 15-30 minutes. By the time I was leaving the doctor, it was about 1:00pm. So it takes a while for the first time, but after that it won't take as long. The only kind of downside to it was that I got just a little sleepy, which I read was common. It's 1:15pm, the following day of my first infusion and I haven't felt a single ounce of pain in any of my joints. I understand it's only 24 hours later but I am usually in a lot of pain all morning and I didn't have any morning stiffness when I got out of bed this morning. Very pleased so far!"

Anna RC October 13, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "Have had uc and chrons for about a year now and started off with a serious flare that had me bed ridden. I was finally talked into trying remicade and a couple days after the initial dose I felt great with no pains. A week after the dose I developed c diff and was right back to square one. So I got the c diff taken care of and did a second dose and the c diff came right back. So I got that taken care of again and did 3rd dose and guess what c diff again. I told my GI I wasn't going to waste my time or money on it anymore. I went to the Mayo in Minn for a second opinion on my condition and after days of testing they said that I had already developed antibodies to the remicade. I'm not sure the remicade caused the c diff but now to humira."

Woodjunkie (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was given Remicade while in the hospital. They premedicated me with Tylenol and Benadryl. After the Benadryl wore off, I broke out with severe hives from head to toe. I took Benadryl and then Zyrtec for ten days and neither helped the hives much. Thankfully, they finally went away. Horrible experience. I looked like I had a plague."

NotAhappyUc'er September 17, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was diagnosed with a reactive Rheumatoid Arthritis August 1998 after getting the first shot of Hepatitis B vaccine which triggered my RA. I was on Prednisone for a year, Plaquenil, sulafalazine(which almost killed me), arava (leflunomide) for a while, was on Humira which didint help, changed to Enbrel which gave me rashes. In 2000, my rheumatologist who was into RA research and had RA himself ordered Remicaide infusion wtih MTX. That's 15 years ago of quality of life and contnuing 5mg Remicaide every 10 weeks. All my RA labs and tests are negative except CCP (which is 5X higher than the normal. This coming month I'll be OFF my MTX. Even when I'm on Remission I did not stop my Remicaide coz flare ups are worst than the first symptoms."

Redlady267 (taken for 10 years or more) August 22, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "Right after my daughters 13 yr. birthday, she had severe bleeding and was diagnosed with severe crohns and colitis. She has been on Remicade since January and has infusions every six weeks. She was on put on Prednisone in March since the infusions did not stop the bleeding alone. She is now being weened off the steroids, Thank God, and is on Remicade for the rest if ths year for now. She gets a boost of energy and after her infusions, but is very smart about what she can and cant eat. Prayers to u all going through this."

Goober-Zoe July 21, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I suffer of Crohn's Disease about 2 years and took remicade for one now. At first i had headaches but now i just took remicade every 56 days and keeps me ok. I don't feel the syntons of disease and bacically i eat everything that i wish but i'm 29 so i'm always on diet to keep my body shape."

Tatiana Pfaltzgraff July 6, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "All this has done was to make me fat, no change in crohns, very sick, 70% of side affects, still suffering now with dehydration. "

chip stick (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 4, 2015

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Getting up in the morning and walking around is a lot less challenging since I started Remicade in June 2008. Before Remicade, I'd have to sit down in my tripod stool after just crossing the street due to extreme fatigue. Now I can walk to the grocery and back."

LAURA87 (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 4, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have been on Remicade for nearly 4 years. Prior to that I had a variety of Crohn's issues including two surgeries for peri-anal fistulas, severe fatigue and lots of other fun stuff. I have been very lucky in that I have responded very well to the stuff and now most days I am fortunate enough to forget I have the disease. I was apprehensive about potential side effects but to date have experienced none. Prior to Remicade I took a few medications which did absolutely nothing but the Remicade had a pronounced effect within 24 hours of my first infusion. If you have Crohn's or Colitis would seriously consider an anti TNF blocker (haven't used any of the others) and stay the hell away from steroids."

Lenny J. Delarta July 3, 2015

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have severe psoriatic arthritis and I've had it since I was 18. I've been on remicade for almost 10 years and I have almost no pain. My joints get a little stiff close to my infusion but that's it. It is my miracle drug and I owe my life to it. I would be crippled without it."

Susan C. (taken for 10 years or more) May 6, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had my latest infusion yesterday. It just started to kick in. My fatigue is slot nonexistent and I have the energy that I used to have with Humira."

sawbuzz May 5, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have received Remicade infusions to treat Crohn's. Felt bad right after the first infusion but was convinced by my physician to continue. I have also received Prolia by injection to treat osteoporosis. I decided to stop the Remicade after 3 infusions as I could feel no benefit and had felt very ill throughout. 6 months later I was diagnosed with metastatic breast cancer - this is in spite of having annual mammograms. I can't help but think the Remicade is linked to the eruption and rapid spread of my cancer. Beware!"

Ednibi (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I could not get the colitis under control for 18 months, finally my doctor prescribed Remicade. Well after the first treatment bleeding stopped and I feel like a normal person again. Only small side effect for me is I feel a bit dizzy just after the treatment"

Aussieboy (taken for less than 1 month) April 22, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had been on Remicade for many years with no side effects at all, perhaps a little tired every once in a while, but nothing serious. My doctor and I questioned whether I had rheumatoid arthritis. Then all of a sudden the Remicade stopped working and bam I had 2 flares that were unbelievable before doc could get anything to work for me. I was heart broken because it was such a good medicine for me."

Jeslookin50 March 24, 2015

For Ulcerative Colitis "I was diagnosed 3 years ago with severe Ulcerative Colitis. Asacol and predisone worked at first, but after each outbreak the medicines seemed less effective. My last attack left me under 100lbs, severely anemic, and in enough pain that I needed to be kept in a continuous Dilaudid-induced daze. So many people have told me how terrible Remicade is and that I just need to, "find the right diet". If diet works for you, great! Remicade was the only thing that worked for me. The cons: It's expensive, but luckily my insurance covers it. It's inconvenient to go to the hospital every 6 weeks. I havn't noticed any side effects except hair loss at first, but now my hair is growing back. I've been told that the hair loss could also have been from all the weight loss."

DaniMac March 10, 2015

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis "I take this medication and I've been on it for about a year. I've had great results and it's pretty much painless. I took Humira for a short time and had to switch because the injection was too painful. Remicade is great, safe and almost painless."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2015

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Had been on REMICADE since 2003 (11 years) 5vials every 4weeks. Doctor took it away due to issues with the infusion dept. I hate not being on REMICADE. REMICADE did wonders for me, it gave me life back and unfortunately I am back to where I started 11+ years ago. I am having difficulty with everything, I can barely type this comment."

Glorzmore43 February 17, 2015

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "I have been dealing with Crohn's Disease for around ten years now and I was only properly diagnosed 2 yrs ago. I have received Remicade infusions every four weeks for the last year and it has made a very significant improvement in my everyday life. I no longer need to take pain meds to get through the day and my energy levels are closer to normal then they have been in years. Before Remicade it had got to the point where I could barely walk due to lower back and hip pain all related to Crohn's."

mustangguy (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 31, 2014

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance "My son started Remicade at 13yrs. He has severe Crohns flare ups and this was a last resort aside from surgery for him. The Remicade treatment gave him few side effects. He didn't get any headaches/tiredness. And he didn't get sick easier like they said he would. When almost our whole house(7 of us) got the flu; m\Micah didn't. Micah just took his last dose 8 weeks ago after being on Remicade for over a year and a half. (Micah was on Lialda too) even when they used the amount of Remicade, Micah was still getting flare ups every other month or so. They tested his blood and found out he had antibodies to the Remicade, which means his body was attacking the Remicade and that's why it was only working right after the infusions."

Mom of Crohns teen (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 29, 2014

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Horrible joint swelling/pain, fatigue like none other. Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Dr. figures I probably have had this 15 years, a few replacements along the way. Took MAJOR flare to be diagnosed. Loads of joint damage all over. Started on Remicade, nervous. Cannot take methotrexate due to kidney disease. Third dose dr increased dose, 5 days feeling worn then MIRACLE! NO swelling, pain, best I have been in years, no fatigue. Hoping it continues with each infusion. In tears of joy everyday with my quality of life."

Dee dee I Di (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2014

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have been taking Remicade infusions since September 2005 and I can't say anything negative about it. I go in for the infusion hurting and aching and come out feeling so much better. Worth the 12 sticks it sometimes takes to get me started infusing."

Gaga Bet September 17, 2014

For Uveitis "I am a 28-year-old African-American female. Four years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called, sarcoidosis. Upon being diagnosed with that auto immune disease I was also diagnosed with chronic uveitis and both of my eyes. I was placed on several amuse suppression medications as well as a oral steroid called prednisone. The prednisones left me with unbearable side effects. About a month ago. My rheumatologist started me on Remicade and has also up the dosage of my methotrexate. Since my condition is so aggressive I have to use the maximum dosage of the medication to see progress. I have only received two infusions of Remicade and I can literally see a difference. I was Lucky to receive the Remicade for free through a foundation."

Shonteezy September 8, 2014