User Reviews for Remicade

Learn more about Remicade.

Crohn's Disease 2 reviews 66 medications

Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis 0 reviews 38 medications Not rated - Be the first
Summary of Remicade reviews 78 reviews 8.7

Reviews for Remicade

Review by Anonymous (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Juvenile Idiopathic Arthritis: I take this medication and I've been on it for about a year. I've had great results and it's pretty much painless. I took Humira for a short time and had to switch because the injection was too painful. Remicade is great, safe and almost painless.

February 19, 2015 9:17 PM

Review by Glorzmore43:

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Had been on REMICADE since 2003 (11 years) 5vials every 4weeks. Doctor took it away due to issues with the infusion dept. I hate not being on REMICADE. REMICADE did wonders for me, it gave me life back and unfortunately I am back to where I started 11+ years ago. I am having difficulty with everything, I can barely type this comment.

February 17, 2015 4:18 PM

Review by mustangguy (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I have been dealing with Crohn's Disease for around ten years now and I was only properly diagnosed 2 yrs ago. I have received Remicade infusions every four weeks for the last year and it has made a very significant improvement in my everyday life. I no longer need to take pain meds to get through the day and my energy levels are closer to normal then they have been in years. Before Remicade it had got to the point where I could barely walk due to lower back and hip pain all related to Crohn's.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 31, 2014 1:37 PM

Review by Mom of Crohns teen (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: My son started Remicade at 13yrs. He has severe Crohns flare ups and this was a last resort aside from surgery for him. The Remicade treatment gave him few side effects. He didn't get any headaches/tiredness. And he didn't get sick easier like they said he would. When almost our whole house(7 of us) got the flu; m\Micah didn't. Micah just took his last dose 8 weeks ago after being on Remicade for over a year and a half. (Micah was on Lialda too) even when they used the amount of Remicade, Micah was still getting flare ups every other month or so. They tested his blood and found out he had antibodies to the Remicade, which means his body was attacking the Remicade and that's why it was only working right after the infusions.

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

December 29, 2014 9:48 AM

Review by Dee dee I Di (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: Horrible joint swelling/pain, fatigue like none other. Diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, Dr. figures I probably have had this 15 years, a few replacements along the way. Took MAJOR flare to be diagnosed. Loads of joint damage all over. Started on Remicade, nervous. Cannot take methotrexate due to kidney disease. Third dose dr increased dose, 5 days feeling worn then MIRACLE! NO swelling, pain, best I have been in years, no fatigue. Hoping it continues with each infusion. In tears of joy everyday with my quality of life.

November 10, 2014 1:22 PM

Review by Gaga Bet:

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I have been taking Remicade infusions since September 2005 and I can't say anything negative about it. I go in for the infusion hurting and aching and come out feeling so much better. Worth the 12 sticks it sometimes takes to get me started infusing.

September 17, 2014 2:27 PM

Review by Shonteezy:

For Uveitis: I am a 28-year-old African-American female. Four years ago I was diagnosed with an autoimmune disease called, sarcoidosis. Upon being diagnosed with that auto immune disease I was also diagnosed with chronic uveitis and both of my eyes. I was placed on several amuse suppression medications as well as a oral steroid called prednisone. The prednisones left me with unbearable side effects. About a month ago. My rheumatologist started me on Remicade and has also up the dosage of my methotrexate. Since my condition is so aggressive I have to use the maximum dosage of the medication to see progress. I have only received two infusions of Remicade and I can literally see a difference. I was Lucky to receive the Remicade for free through a foundation.

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

September 8, 2014 6:09 AM

Review by Christiem (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Crohn's Disease: Severe scalp psoriasis developed, no flare ups though.

July 5, 2014 11:50 AM

Review by Tomh219 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis: Life-changing. I once thought I was doomed to a life of pain and suffering. Now that I've been on Remicade for 3 years, I feel like a normal human being again. My disease has become a small part of my life and I don't even think about it much anymore. I do seem to be slowly losing response. I had to increase the frequency of infusions and now I sometimes have minor symptoms around the time I am due for my next dose. I was nervous when I started this medicine because of the trips to the hospital for infusions and because my doctor at the time made it sound like a huge deal to be on this. I wish I had started it sooner!

February 23, 2014 2:13 AM

Review by linkman12 (taken for 2 to 5 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I have been getting Remicade infusions for 4 1/2 years. I went into remission within a week of my first infusion. My only side effects I have are headaches and some chest pain off and on. But considering how my life was before Remicade I can handle it for now.

December 17, 2013 2:49 PM

Review by UC sine 1986 (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I had a second relapse of Ulcerative Colitis in 2005. I spent 2 weeks in hospital, been given a fist full of medicines and sent home. Nothing worked. I contemplated having surgery to free me of the disease and wear an ostomy. To my eternal gratitude, my Gastro MD suggested Remicade. After my last colonoscopy in 2013, he said if I had not seen you as sick as you were... your colon looks perfectly healthy. I will accept the side effects (I have experienced none as of yet) to have my life back. Remicade has assistance programs to help those who need it. I am not a spokesman, I do not sell this. But I use and will as long as I can. I wish this medicine was around for my Dad as he suffered with Crohns and Colitis for years.

December 12, 2013 10:25 AM

Review by Tsavary:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: Ok I have had Crohn's disease for 15 years this December. I have maintained myself just fine with minor problems. Recently have learned my pain tolerance is so extreme I have been putting up with stuff shouldn't be for uncertain amount of time. Two questions from people with experience would help: 1. How is it going forward with these fistulas? Unheard of before last Wednesday and I have two forming or in process of. 2. I have limited options going forward and Remicade is seeming best course of action. How have people done with it long term it being an immune suppressant? I am knowledgeable about these things I am hoping to hear from people who have experience dealing with fistulas and taking Remicade. Thanks, Troy S.

October 27, 2013 3:56 AM

Review by Shellfish:

For Psoriatic Arthritis: I had my first infusion last week and within 3 days, I can honestly say I have no pain for the first time in weeks. I didn't have any reactions or side effects except for feeling exhausted, but that maybe related to not being able to sleep for weeks prior, due to pain. I am so happy with the effectiveness and results I have had. I would definitely recommend it!

September 29, 2013 5:13 PM

Review by andrew in australia:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I am 37 and have had Crohn's since I was 18. Three surgeries of the terminal Ilieum. From 18 to 27 I was very very ill. The Remicade has basically helped me to have a normal life again. I feel great these days, but one gets to the point where you feel good and want to be medicine free. You hear horror stories of people getting off Remicade and getting galloping Crohn's disease coming back and then the Remicade doesn't work so well.

July 24, 2013 3:01 AM

Review by slankelly (taken for 1 to 2 years):

For Uveitis: My daughter is 15 was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with chronic bilateral anterior uveitis..developping secondary glaucoma due to corticosteroids. She has had 2 trabs in right eye and 1 trab in left eye. She was on methotrexate, not working well decided to put her on Remicade. Things were great for almost a year. The minute her doctor slightly reduced it the inflammation was back in 3 weeks. They had to up her dose and she is still on Remicade every 4 weeks. The medicines are stablizing her but not putting her into remission that's what we are striving for.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

July 19, 2013 10:07 PM

Review by New Anonymous:

For Ankylosing Spondylitis: Have it every 6 weeks but after 5 weeks I get very sore just below my shoulders, sometimes left, sometimes right, sometimes center. I go on Tylenol when I can't take the pain.

July 3, 2013 9:39 AM

Review by Gutsy:

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: After resisting having read American Black Box warnings I was finally persuaded through my consultants actual experience with the medicine - that and having 6 operations/ colostomy and the disease still beating me. I was exhausted and unable to walk/do anything other than essential basic necessities - if that. I have had three infusions of Remicade so far along with steroids for peri-anal fistula, Crohns, at two weekly intervals and I have some shade of a life back. Immediately after the medicine I am very tired. I have headaches that last for about four days at a time/paracetamol doesn't touch them. I get bad cramps in my legs especially at night and occasional mild flare ups BUT NOTHING like before. Stress plays factor in starting my flare ups.

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

June 15, 2013 6:07 PM

Review by MechelleMyBelle29:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I was diagnosed with Ulcerative Colitis about 12 years ago and have been on Remicade for about 2 of those years. I am still taking Asacol and getting the Remicade infusions every 8 weeks, but I feel about 90-95% better since being on Remicade. I have not noticed any real side effects from taking Remicade, but I have heard from other patients that they have had them. I still think that if I had any side effects (with the exception) of major ones, I would stay on it as long as I can. The only thing I honestly can complain about is the cost. I would say if anyone is being told that it is an option for their ulcerative colitis or any of the other issues that are in the same family (IBS, Crohn's, etc) it is a huge help.

May 8, 2013 7:30 PM

Review by momoftwo2316 (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Ulcerative Colitis: I was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis in Nov. They thought they that had it under control, so after being in the hospital for three weeks, I went home for two and almost died! I went back and stayed for over a month. The docs were trying everything with no answers, then they told me about Remicade and said it was for Crohn's disease, but we could try it out and see because it was my last hope. I really was happy to see that it was working and in the first of Jan I went home! I have had a kidney stone because of it, and it has acted up which made docs think it was either my appendix or diverticulitis. I still take it every 8wk through I.V, but the only other problem that I'm experiencing is hair loss now and I don't know if its the Remicade.

March 29, 2013 8:19 AM

Review by tkgocats:

For Ulcerative Colitis: I was diagnosed wit Ulcerative Colitis 3 years ago after being on several different meds for it. My doc and I decided to try Remicade.. it works fine I think but the side effect for me was diarrhea. Plus the cost I just couldn't afford it any longer. I am back on Asacol.

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

March 12, 2013 5:53 PM

Review by festulizingchronesremsvmylife (taken for 6 months to 1 year):

For Crohn's Disease: First couple trips are the worst but after that it becomes a routine and it works wonders I'm not lying it gave me my life back until my insurance couldn't pay now I use Humira no competition. Remicade hands downed so if you are doing bad try it.

February 25, 2013 4:24 AM

Review by KDCrohn's:

For Crohn's Disease, Acute: I'm a 19 year old female with severe Crohn's disease. I began Remicade 4 months ago following a severe flareup that landed me in the hospital, and it has been a miracle. I did have one hospitalization 4 weeks ago, but I think I would have had many more without this. I will admit that the infusions are long and expensive, and the fact that it's an IV (I hate needles). With that being said, Remicade works! In late August, I had 30cm of disease and a fistula. As of late January, I was down to less than 9cm and my fistula is gone! Without Remicade, I would have had more hospital visits and would probably have needed surgery. I am adding Imuran to supplement the Remicade, so we'll see how that goes.

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

February 23, 2013 9:13 PM

Review by Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years):

For Ulcerative Colitis: Remicade literally gave me my life back 9 yrs ago. I was so ill ; in & out of hospitals, steroids, taking 20+ pills a day & I was still extremely sick. I finally went to Philly (where on my first visit, they were planning my surgery to remove my colon..during that conversation I stopped listening.) My dr. suggested I give Remicade a try - before surgery. At that point, I would have done anything. Honestly I did not believe anything would work since I had this disease for years and could barely function. The Remicade worked like magic - it is liquid gold - I have never had any side effects or adverse reactions - I have been in remission ever since!

February 15, 2013 8:22 PM

Review by goldringj (taken for 1 to 6 months):

For Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: I am a 65 year old male and I acquired Crohn's Disease in 1965 at age 19. Remicade was approved by the FDA in August of 1998 and I was given my first dose the next month. Back then, they only administered 2 doses. I received the second dose 3 months after the first one. I have had no further doses since then. When I got the first dose I was in the midst of a flare, and I had an actively draining abdominal fistula. Three days after the first infusion the fistula closed of its own accord and I happily avoided yet another surgery for Crohn's (I have had over 20 surgeries). I have been SYMPTOM-FREE since the second infusion. I have more health issues now, but at least they are not Crohn's related.

August 31, 2012 12:57 AM

For Rheumatoid Arthritis: I was on Remicade for the past four years. It has recently started giving me bad reactions during the infusion. My arthritis would also flare 1.5-2 weeks after the infusion. Loved Remicade, hated how expensive it was.

April 19, 2012 11:38 AM