User Reviews for Lexapro (Page 2)

Learn more about Lexapro.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder 177 reviews 7 medications

Depression 339 reviews 77 medications

7.8
Summary of Lexapro reviews 907 reviews 8.2

Reviews for Lexapro

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been taking lexapro for two months now for depression and anxiety. The first 3-4 weeks I took 10mg and I felt amazing. I had loads of energy and actually felt social for once. After those 3-4 weeks however the happy feeling faded and I was plagued with fatigue and unable to get anything done. I couldn't keep my eyes open in class or to study. So I decided to wean off of it and am now taking 5mg every other day. I still get the great feeling for about 20 after taking it, and then I feel fairly, but not as tired as I was on 10mg, and unenthused by anything. I'm not sure if I want to keep taking it or not."

Anonymous December 19, 2015

For Depression "I just got prescribed lexapro today! I've had depression & anxiety for 9 years and I've tried 5 other anti depressants but unfortunately none of worked. I've also tried 3 different psychologists an they didn't really help either! So I am so excited to start lexapro tomorrow! From the reviews it sounds amazing! Also funny this but my friend told me last week about lexapro (she uses it for anxiety) and she said it's been amazing! And now I've been prescribed it! Yay"

EsraD December 19, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was started on 5mg for anxiety that was severely disabling me. I had a dreadful jittery nervous feeling all the time, couldn't lift a cup of coffee without spilling it because of the shakes, had a dreadful nauseous seasick feeling. When I started the medication I felt a lot worse for about a week but gradually I began to notice a difference. Shakes were not so bad, could hold my teeth together without chattering. Then the nausea subsided. My doctor decided to increase the dosage to 10mg. It was hell for a week. The symptoms were back with a vengeance. Then after a week they settled down, I began to feel very calm and centred and my anxiety was hugely lessened. This medication has been a lifesaver."

RaySharp (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 19, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I am on Lexapro for my anxiety and depression. I am on 10mg at first and it helps me to decrease my anxiety. Now I am on 15mg and there seems to be no effect ! I am really confuessed now! Because the medication is making me gain weight and my heart feels weird"

Anonymous December 18, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was prescribed Lexapro 1 and 1/2 months ago for Generalized Anxiety Disorder and Depression. The first day I took it, I was a bit nauseous but that never happened again. After a week my depression improved quite a bit, but my anxiety remained. It took, I'd say, about 5 weeks for the anxiety to improve. It's not completely gone, but I am finding that I am 1. in a much better mood than I have been in a long time and 2. My worry/anxiety has definitely decreased. It hasn't changed ME, it has changed the way I look at things. I have had no other side effects, and the medication is definitely working."

Janie81 December 16, 2015

For Anxiety "I got on this med Sept.2015. I had anxiety mixed with fear to take it. I am on the 10 mg dose and get depressed and anxiety when on it. Slowly it worsened to the point I couldn't attend school. I this normal!? I have experienced the lack of wanting to eat and hating food in the start of being on it.Then my hunger spiked past its norm; I was eating like there was no tomorrow. Now being close to Xmas and off it for a bit I feel more snappy. If you are/ have experienced this I hope this helped."

jessiebear25 December 16, 2015

For Anxiety "I've tried many medications for anxiety, panic disorder, social phobia etc. I was previously on Zoloft for 3 months with nasty side effects. I started 5mg of Lexapro on 11/13/15 and after the first day I saw significant improvement, 2 weeks later I was at 10mg. I'm able to go places without panicking, and I'm more social. The only side effect I have is nausea and gas but Zofran helps with that. Today I will be increasing my dose to 20mg. So far it's done awesome for me. I hope it continues to get better."

Ashley2994 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I have been on 5mg of lex for a month and this works a bit, I have tried to go up to 10mg but than I feel like crap,so I am stuck at 5mg. Probably the only AD medication that I have ever been able to stay on.."

dosage is important December 14, 2015

For Anxiety "Hi i just started Lexapro 3 days ago 5mg for anxiety and I must say I think I feel worse then I did before I took it. I feel all shakey and feel a bit down and I have gone off my food is this normal has anyone else felt like this ?"

sudsey December 13, 2015

For Depression "I feel like I have my life back with Lexapro. I am not depressed anymore. No more racing negative thoughts. On the down side, it did give me acne and my have difficulty with my memory and finding the words I want to say. It makes me feel like I have a little dementia, but I am afraid to go off of it and have depression again."

Pepper Rose (taken for 5 to 10 years) December 13, 2015

For Depression "My GP has put me on Escitalopram 10mg daily been on it 2 days I am worried about weight gain he said no. I was on Remeron 12 mths ago and I put on a lot of weight with it and also ended up with bad Acid Reflux so went off it and weight fell off and only get occasional reflux now. "

Binnie01 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

For Depression "I started at 5 mg and after the first week it worked. I then upped it to 10 mg per the doctors orders but am gonna ask if its okay to go back down to 5mg since it was working. I went from not eating, can't get out of bed, can't take care of my kids, depressed, horrible thoughts, can't make dinner, bad with money, just all around sloppy to my normal self. I'm able to think clearly, clean my house, make dinner, enjoy my family. I was afraid to take it but am now thankful . The only side effect for me is sleepiness at night, which is good, and urinary tract infection. Hopefully it was clear up with keflex and a lower dose. I'm okay with it because my life is back."

Lisa1984 (taken for less than 1 month) December 13, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I was at the end of my rope. Having daily excessive worry, panic attacks, fear of being alone. I was given Lexapro at the hospital and now, 4 years later I owe "everything" to Lexapro. It saved my life, literally. I live a normal happy functional life. No side effects at all."

CariAnn December 12, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I've been on lexapro for the past 2 months for my bad anxiety, and it has helped tremendously. Before I was barraged with worrying thoughts day in and day out and no matter what I did, I couldn't escape them. Now I go through most days without any worry. When I do get an anxious thought, I can discard them fairly easily, in other words they don't "stick" anymore. I was also suffering from depersonalization, and this drug has significantly helped me with that by reducing my anxiety. The only downside is that the drug makes me fairly drowsy, but it isn't something I can't handle. I would greatly recommend this drug."

JDF47 December 7, 2015

For Major Depressive Disorder "Was once on Lexapro 20mg many years ago. Stopped taking because of pregnancies. Been 20 months since my youngest was born and started to struggle badly. I finally caved in and went back in them. Have been on them now 12 days and still get a bit of nausea and always tired. Constant yawning. But mentally I have been great! I do feel a little dull in the emotions part but to be honest its better than it was before. Hopefully the side effects subside :)"

mh1214 (taken for less than 1 month) December 6, 2015

For Anxiety "I was put on this for my panic disorder because i was suffering from panic attacks while driving because of a bad car wreck I had. Anyways my doctor put me on 10mgs when I took it in the day I was so drowsy and out of it I couldn't function. So I switched to taking it before bed and I would wake up every night with dizzy spells and heart beating out my chest. It would take a hour for those symptoms to go away and for me to continue my sleep. Then during the day I would have extreme anxiety I couldn't be behind the wheel of a car without panicking, I couldn't go out to the store without panicking I was only on it for 10 days the worst 10 days of my life and honestly I feel better now that I'm off this horrible drug"

ByeAnxiety (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2015

For Anxiety "I posted in Oct. My 9 yr. Old has Aspergers and my life was hard. It is now the last week of month 2 on 10mg. of Lexapro. OMG!!! Is this what normal really feels like!? Please.. if you have anxiety and possible depression give this drug a chance. I feel like a new person. I laugh at shows now, I have a sense of humor again. My spouse is spending more time around me since I am more pleseant to be around. I cooked a small Thx giving dinner for 4 from scratch in 4 hours without stressing it. I can watch sad movies and feel the emotions but not cry through the whole show or movie. Find myself interested in things I used to enjoy but stopped. I am glad I hung in and listened to others who said to give it 6-8 weeks for full effect.They were right.:)"

Special needs Mom (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2015

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I had suffered with mild depression for quite a few years, The Dr. had prescribed several anti-depressants over the years, with mild effectiveness, so I stopped taking them. When I was in my mid 30's, I had an episode where I thought I was having a heart attack. After going to the ER, I was diagnosed with having panic disorder. I was totally embarrassed and thought I was being a hypocondriac. These panic attacks continued on and on. I had enough, and told my Dr. about it. She prescribed Lexapro. I reluctantly took it, thinking it would be like the others.I was totally wrong. I finally felt like my true self....not afraid, or anxious and no more panic attacks! I can finally live my life without fear. So thankful for this medication."

ECD20 November 25, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "I started taking Lexapro nearly two years ago after struggling with generalised and social anxiety for years. I have been taking 5mg consistently. Side effects were noticeable for the first week or so but now I get none at all. No sexual side effects whatsoever. In the time I've been taking it I've relocated to a new job and had a promotion, motivation through the roof. The negative thought patterns have disappeared."

Brisbane John November 24, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "When I first started taking this medication, I was determined to end it all. Four years later, I'm the happiest person I know. I still have a high sex drive, although I've known people to say that lexapro takes it away for them. I didn't gain any weight and I've learned through meditation and breathing techniques to handle what small anxiety attacks I may get in my hectic life (two jobs, an apartment, school, long distance boyfriend) and at 20 years old I'm better off than most of my friends and feel like I can accomplish anything. Lexapro saved my life."

Marytaylor November 20, 2015

For Generalized Anxiety Disorder "At age 59 I had my first panic attack along with anxiety that would last all day and into the evening. I was given Prozac which I believe caused the symptoms to occur. After just one week on Lexapro 20 mg my anxiety completely disappeared and I haven't had a panic attack since. I would highly recommend Lexapro for anyone suffering from depression and anxiety couples together. I don't walk in fear now I'm completely relaxed and confident! Thank God for this medication!"

Prodigious (taken for less than 1 month) November 19, 2015

For Anxiety "I was having terrible anxiety out of the blue at age 59 they anxiety lasted all day and into the evening for one month. I was on Prozac and the doctor put me on Lexapro instead and my anxiety was gone by the third day of taking it! It has worked wonderfully for me I feel normal again and not so fearful!"

Prodigious November 19, 2015

For Depression "I've tried almost every antidepressant. I read the reviews on Lexapro and was prepared for a rough introductory period. I was pleasantly surprised that I felt better than ever...not suicidal, no general anxiety issues, I even felt like I could stand up for myself and not be a doormat. But after the first 6 weeks, I started feeling numb in my heart (you know, no true emotions) and became a cold, mean person. Not to mention the sexual side effects, making it even harder on my marriage. I've backed off of it now to try yet another pill, so I'm suicidal and severely anxious and depressed again, but I haven't felt any other emotions yet."

PamaLove8180 November 16, 2015

For Depression "To anyone taking Lexapro or any antidepressant: DO NOT believe all the negative reviews you read here or elsewhere. Do not let them scare you away from taking one of these drugs. The drugs are not miracle workers, but they do help some by taking the edge off and by not letting you obsess on your feelings and thoughts. You have to give them time, at least SIX WEEKS. If no improvement, up the dose per your Dr's permission or switch to another. The side effects are mild, and that is despite what anyone says to the contrary. Antidepressants work best in combination with psychotherapy, but they are also effective when taken by themselves. You will eventually feel better."

RB81 November 15, 2015

For Anxiety "I'm 19 years old and I've had anxiety since I was a kid. When my family would sing happy birthday to me, I would have a panic attack and cry. I cried every day my kindergarden year. My anxiety got worse over the years but my parents are those types that don't believe in medication and mental disorders. This year, since being an adult and being able to make my own decisions, I decided to see a therapist. They started me out on 5mg lexapro. The first month was like heaven. I could hold conversations with strangers, go to restaurants and not have a panic attack trying to order food, and so on. After that first month the medicine just stopped working. I was tired and sick all the time and it made me have horrible bursts of anger. Don't take this!!"

Krlewisr November 13, 2015