Step 4: Read and complete the decision guide to learn more about your symptoms.
Estrogen can increase the risk for uterine cancer in women who have a uterus. Since your uterus has been removed, this is not a risk for you. You also do not need to take the hormone progesterone along with estrogen, since this additional hormone is used to lower the risk for uterine cancer.
If the dose is high enough, estrogen treatments for vaginal dryness can also relieve hot flashes. Hot flashes are a common symptom of menopause.
Are you experiencing hot flashes?
- Abdomen and Pelvis
- Acid Reflux Treatment
- Bleeding After Menopause
- Bleeding Between Menstrual Periods
- Blood in the Urine in Women
- Colon Cancer Screening
- Constipation in Adults
- Difficulty Passing Urine
- Frequent Urination in Women
- Heavy Menstrual Periods
- Intestinal Gas Guide
- Loss of Control of Urine in Women
- Lumps or Pain Within the Scrotum
- Missed or Irregular Menstrual Periods
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Never Started Menstrual Periods
- Painful Menstrual Cramps
- Rectal Bleeding
- Rectal Pain or Itching
- Recurring Abdominal Pain
- Understanding New and Severe Abdominal Pain
- Vaginal Discharge, Itching or Irritation
- Vaginal Dryness
- Vaginal Pain or Discomfort
- Vaginal Sores and Lumps
- When Menstrual Periods Stop
- Start over