Valu-Dryl Topical Side Effects
Generic name: diphenhydramine topical
Medically reviewed by Drugs.com. Last updated on Oct 15, 2020.
Note: This document contains side effect information about diphenhydramine topical. Some of the dosage forms listed on this page may not apply to the brand name Valu-Dryl Topical.
For the Consumer
Applies to diphenhydramine topical: external cream, external gel, external solution
What are some side effects that I need to call my doctor about right away?
WARNING/CAUTION: Even though it may be rare, some people may have very bad and sometimes deadly side effects when taking a drug. Tell your doctor or get medical help right away if you have any of the following signs or symptoms that may be related to a very bad side effect:
- Signs of an allergic reaction, like rash; hives; itching; red, swollen, blistered, or peeling skin with or without fever; wheezing; tightness in the chest or throat; trouble breathing, swallowing, or talking; unusual hoarseness; or swelling of the mouth, face, lips, tongue, or throat.
- Very bad skin irritation.
What are some other side effects of this drug?
All drugs may cause side effects. However, many people have no side effects or only have minor side effects. Call your doctor or get medical help if any of these side effects or any other side effects bother you or do not go away:
- Skin irritation.
These are not all of the side effects that may occur. If you have questions about side effects, call your doctor. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.
You may report side effects to the FDA at 1-800-332-1088. You may also report side effects at https://www.fda.gov/medwatch.
For Healthcare Professionals
Applies to diphenhydramine topical: topical cream, topical gel, topical spray, topical stick
No side effects have been reported with the use of diphenhydramine topical (the active ingredient contained in Valu-Dryl Topical) [Ref]
1. "Product Information. Benadryl Itch Stopping (diphenhydramine-zinc acetate topical)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
2. "Product Information. Benadryl Itch Stop Gel Maximum Strength (diphenhydrAMINE topical)." Pfizer U.S. Pharmaceuticals Group, New York, NY.
More about Valu-Dryl Topical (diphenhydramine topical)
- During Pregnancy or Breastfeeding
- Dosage Information
- Drug Interactions
- Drug class: topical antihistamines
Related treatment guides
Some side effects may not be reported. You may report them to the FDA.